Favorite Mythologies

I personally like Greek & Egyptian mythology due to the stories. My favourite stories are anything to do with Artemis or Aphrodite and then the story of Isis and Osiris. I love anything Egyptian so it all works well!

I will admit, I do like Greek mythology, but a lot of the things I've heard about mythology-wise, I'm not really sure where they came from. There was a time when I was really into sirens, like the ones in the Odyssey, and after I figured out where those were from I took a liking to almost every part of the story, but for other creatures like nagas or other things like that, I'm not totally sure where they came from. May just all be Greek and I have no clue.

I normally go completely from scratch when it comes to lorebuilding, so if my stuff resembles any sort of mythology, it's normally coincidence. However, as I'm into epic 'angels and demons' roleplays every now and then, I've looked a bit into Christian stories (don't wanna say mythology in case I end up offending someone X3). I also know snippets of Norse mythology, because my mam's into that stuff, and she also has a pretty cool Norse mythology tarot deck that I love looking at every so often.

Greek mythology, if just because it's chalk full of hilarious stories. Like Zeus turning into a swan to get laid. That is hilarious.

Mine is Greek, as I’m currently taking Greek Literature, and although it’s pretty great and the stories are really good, I only really like Norse mythology.

Back