Feature Requests & Ideas

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
We currently have a massive site overhaul in the works that will bring a slew of new features to Storyteller's Circle in the near future. We already have several things slated for the upgrade but I wanted to open this thread up to everyone to make suggestions or requests for features they would personally be interested in seeing added to the website. Feel free to share and even discuss ideas!

Will all the old fonts return?
Currently, only eight exist, and it was the various fonts that made Promises, Secrets, and a Pair of Wings. All the depth of emotion and stuff that we conveyed through formatting is gone from all our posts, and we've lost the ability to do the same again.
I think it's unfair that a forum with varied and vibrant roleplaying only includes basic fonts from the serif and sans serif families.
If not new, exotic, and fun fonts are provided, may we at least have the originals back?
I know Literata, Orbitron, Silkscreen, and Zhi Mang Xing were on that list.

We can definitely look into getting these back for you. I think the old ones got lost when we upgraded the platform way back when.

Will all the old fonts return?
Currently, only eight exist, and it was the various fonts that made Promises, Secrets, and a Pair of Wings. All the depth of emotion and stuff that we conveyed through formatting is gone from all our posts, and we've lost the ability to do the same again.
I think it's unfair that a forum with varied and vibrant roleplaying only includes basic fonts from the serif and sans serif families.
If not new, exotic, and fun fonts are provided, may we at least have the originals back?
I know Literata, Orbitron, Silkscreen, and Zhi Mang Xing were on that list.

Thank you for your patience @KittyInTheHat.

It is your attention to detail and willingness to take the time to contact us that helps us make Storyteller's Circle the best it can be for you, our users.

I would like to apologize for the oversight; I had added that handful of Google Fonts manually over the years as whim struck, in a way that I accidentally wiped out recently when I overrode those modifications during a security upgrade.

As a humble token of contriteness; The entirety of Google Fonts (Link) Is now able to be used on storytellerscircle.
You can insert the desired font either directly in BB code using:

Code:
[FONT=fontname][/FONT]

or

through the use of the Google Font editor button:
View attachment 11944

Which brings up a place where you can enter the name of the font (you can click on preview after typing the name to update the font preview) and press continue so that the editor inserts it for you under the WYSIWYG mode (that's the non BB-code mode):

View attachment 11945

I will work on exploring some sort of non-crazy way to visually display font options given the sheer number of font options available but in the meantime simply browse https://fonts.google.com/, and take note of the name of your favorite fonts. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other ideas!

P.S.: The changes are retroactive and "Promises, Secrets, and a Pair of Wings" has returned to displaying as intended :D

View attachment 11946

Thank you for your patience @KittyInTheHat.

It is your attention to detail and willingness to take the time to contact us that helps us make Storyteller's Circle the best it can be for you, our users.

I would like to apologize for the oversight; I had added that handful of Google Fonts manually over the years as whim struck, in a way that I accidentally wiped out recently when I overrode those modifications during a security upgrade.

As a humble token of contriteness; The entirety of Google Fonts (Link) Is now able to be used on storytellerscircle.
You can insert the desired font either directly in BB code using:

Code:
[FONT=fontname][/FONT]

or

through the use of the Google Font editor button:
View attachment 11944

Which brings up a place where you can enter the name of the font (you can click on preview after typing the name to update the font preview) and press continue so that the editor inserts it for you under the WYSIWYG mode (that's the non BB-code mode):

View attachment 11945

I will work on exploring some sort of non-crazy way to visually display font options given the sheer number of font options available but in the meantime simply browse https://fonts.google.com/, and take note of the name of your favorite fonts. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other ideas!

P.S.: The changes are retroactive and "Promises, Secrets, and a Pair of Wings" has returned to displaying as intended :D

View attachment 11946

I'm SPEECHLESS. Thank you SO much.

For now, have it call back to Google Webfonts so it can at least offer suggestions even if I can't think of a way to display all those options sanely.
View attachment 11951

Back