From Bad, to Worse, to Great (6/6+)(A Dark Supers RP)

The power's good, I'd just like to make it more thematic. Look at my character. I wanted to make a demon cowboy, so I gave him those sorts of powers that fit the theme. Stoic' power is simple, but broad, like a green lantern, so he's good. I feel that yours is underpowered, and I'd like to spice it up a bit. Put some classic vampire abilities in there and stuff. Or become a complete beast, like a Wendigo, who can also control the cold. Your powers are good, but I want to make them exciting.

I am trying to make it so Rachel seems "normal" from the outside, but inside she is a cannibalistic monster with advanced strength and healing abilities.

Alright, if you're cool with that, okay. If you want to add extra powers that fit the "hidden monster" type, cool, but just add to your bio, and you'll be good. @Yoda

Definitely interested in this. Please keep me posted for the 'official' interest thread/character depository, and I'll add my character then.

Unless you'd rather have it here.

Name: Rachel Eferton
Vigilante Ego: Hunteress
Height: 5’-6”
Weight: 125
Appearance: Her normal eye color is a crystal blue though after she feeds they become tinted with a dark blood red.
6858785396bd28f40c984594e5072973.jpg

Powers:

Feed - Rachel has a taste for human flesh. After feeding Rachel becomes stronger and faster. Though the effects wear off with time she can regain them by feeding again. Every time Rachel feeds on a new victim she gains a permanent increase to her strength, this permanent boost also causes a greater addiction.
Regeneration - Rachel’s body can heal at amazing speeds and she can survive wounds that would be fatal to normal beings. The strength of her regeneration is linked to her other power, feed.

Background:

Rachel was born to loving parents and spent her childhood like most other children do. No one could see anything wrong with her, but under the surface something was a miss. At a young age Rachel took to eating her meat raw, she liked the way it tasted more and it gave her a feeling power. Her parents caught her eating raw meat once or twice, but thought it was her being a child and not knowing any better, they told her not to eat raw food and kept a closer eye on her eating habits, but Rachel didn't understand what was wrong with it and she couldn't stand the food her mom cocked it never seemed to fill her. With her parents cutting off her supply to fresh meat Rachel turned to other sources.

On her way back from school one day Rachel became so starved for raw meat that she wandered into a forest in search of relief. That day Rachel killed a living creature with her own hands. It was just a small rabbit, but to Rachel it was freedom. Rachel would continue to sustain herself off small animals and birds throughout the rest of her time at home.

It wasn’t until she left home for college that she learned about her hunger for human flesh. At her first college party Rachel was approached by a group of seniors that were looking for some fun, Rachel was intoxicated and didn’t have full control over her body, so when the seniors tried to mess with her they meet her other side. All Rachel remembers of that night is screaming for help and then waking up an hour later caked in blood. Even though she couldn’t remember killing anyone she could taste the iron blood stuck to her lips. Though there was a large investigation into what had happened that night nothing came of it, since most of the guest were underage or using other illegal drugs.

Rachel tried to ignore her need to feed and go back to her normal life, but the taste of human lingered in her mind and like an addictive drug she needed more. Rachel lasted ten days before the urge to feed overwhelmed her and she wint on the hunt. Unlike her first time Rachel could remember everything down to the smell of the earth and the slow cool breeze. Rachel didn’t care who she killed all she wanted was to be free to the hunger she felt, so late one night driven mad by her hunger Rachel attacked a man wandering alone in the dark. Days passed before Rachel learned who she had killed. Rachel felt bad for what she had done, but the feeling and power she felt after the feast drowned out her feelings. This time she didn’t ignore her powers instead she used them to focus harder in class and become stronger.

Rachel has continued to feed, but she has become better at covering up her tracks making it harder for the police to track her down. To this day Rachel has killed Most of the time Rachel is a very friendly and caring person, but when she starves herself she can become mean and short tempered with a tendency to do things she didn’t mean to.

Nemesis: Rachel doesn’t really have a nemesis yet.
Reason(For Being Nemesis):
Theme Song(For your Vigilante): Still working on finding a song
Character Sheet:

Name: Mason Gates

Vigilante Ego: Aphosis

Height:6'2''

Weight:150Kg

Appearance: Usually wears a gray power suit which sometimes changes mid battle to accommodate any weapons he creates.

Powers: The ability to create any form of technology out of thin air so long as it's only used to harm and destroy. Expert marksman and skilled close combat fighter

Background: A soldier who participated the greater war in some of the largest and worst military conflicts in the past thirty years. Mason joined wide-eyed and idealistic with a strong sense of patriotism to defend the country he loved so much. During one conflict with a metal super who killed most of half his squad Mason's powers activated and he killed said super with plasma cannon he created. Once his commanding officers found out about his abilities Mason was moved to a special forces platoon made up entirely of Supers. They were all broken down mentally and given the idea of their lives not being theirs but for their country. Their unit fought in some of the worst battles in the war either leading in the front during full on invasions or dropped hundreds of miles behind enemy lines with no support to cause as much chaos as possible. During a guerrilla assignment where they were assigned to destroy an enemy village fully, Mason started to have doubts which he voiced to his lieutenant but his CO brushed them aside citing that to survive they had to be weapons and weapons complete their assignment Nothing More, Nothing Less. To cope with the cruelty he had to commit during the war Mason told himself he had no choice in the matter because he was a weapon Nothing More, Nothing Less.

Because of the mindset that his commanding officer gave him as well as the brutality of the war Mason had a difficult time adjusting to civilian life after the war so he tried to become a bounty hunter and bring bad people to prison. After one too many bad jobs and a stream of bad luck Mason decided to sell his services to the black market. At first it was simple crimes Bank robberies and assassinations of other criminals but years underground had eroded Mason's moral code. These days Aphosis works for whoever can pay the highest doing be it heading violent insurgent militias, Planning the capture of nuclear reactors and setting off dirty bombs in populated areas.

Nemesis: The Parahuman Special Response Force. (P.S.R.F.). A joint international task force which was created to stem the emergence of insurgent Parahumans. The PSRF is made up of a diverse group of staff and agents. Field agents, Support Staff and Mission Control Operators are taken from around various Military, Scientific and Law Enforcement background but special cases are made to those. Though most of the Field Agents are human they keep up with Parahumans using Power Armor and Cybernetic enhancements

Reason: Aphosis is high up on the PSRF's most wanted list being recorded committing acts of terrorism and numerous crimes against humanity all around the globe.

Theme Song:
Both approved.

Name: Clarissa Lellan, MD.
Vigilante Ego: Prodigy
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Roughly 115 lbs
Appearance: Mousy in her coloring and appearance--light reddish/brown hair, pale skin, and extraordinary blue eyes. She's bird-tiny but muscular; and prefers to wear black shirts, slacks, and heels over a white lab coat. Despite her height, her sheer intelligence and confidence commands respect. She has a faint scar on her right temple, partially covered by her hairline.

To the untrained eye, Dr. Clarissa Lellan has only three basic facial expressions: neutral, an expression so utterly perfect in its lack of emotion that it inevitably evoked a stumbling and disconcerted stammer of information from whatever hapless soul on whom she'd unleashed it; politely disdainful, an expression she'd used on many a chauvinistic doctor, officer, or aggressively uncooperative patient, as if he were merely an insect she'd deigned to notice buzzing nearby and had already tired of; or faintly amused, with only a slight nuance in the bow of her lips to indicate whether her amusement was genuine or pitying.

Powers(Replace with Skills if Not Super): Besides being armed with a medical degree and a scientific mind, she has the ability to manipulate and create ice from water and vice versa (cryokinesis). She can also bring down blistering temperatures by simply being in the room. Ice has a weathering and damaging effect on many different kinds of metals--making most steel and iron-based technology virtually useless against her. She also possess biological enhancements she created herself. By carefully calibrating and implanting microchip created from information in her own DNA and mutated "ice genes", she creates stronger molecules of water than is normally found in nature. This substance, while still behaves exactly like water, has a much higher boiling point and won't melt in hot summer weather. When this water is then used with enzymes created from her microchip, the ice is colder and can be split into lethally sharp fragments. However, it conducts and attracts electricity far easier, making it more dangerous to wield in charged environments.

Background: From a distance, she appeared to have it all. Gifted as a child and top of her class in every school she attended; each medical achievement, scientific essay, or clinical observation was another rung up the ladder of success. While choosing to study virology and pathology, she had worked in a critical care unit and several outpatient clinics, making her experienced with live or physiological treatments as well.

After suffering childhood physical abuse from her mother, Dr. Lellan, at 14, shut down. She decided never to let anyone get to know her secrets again, finding solace in her work and consummate professionalism. She worked hard in school to escape the reality of her home situation, and paid for medical school herself. Eventually, she let her defenses down once and dated a man who seemed to understand her for who she was, admired her, but never sought to control her. Until he realized she was a threat to his image and relationship to his colleagues--having a lover more successful than himself, especially a woman. He began whittling her down, taunting her, withholding intimacy, forcing her, or threatening to leave her. Clarissa, with a healthy possessive streak despite her own insecurities, complied, until he had hit her. A real hit, which stung for the next hour, after months of being humiliated by him, after she refused to go to a social outing with his friends.

She experienced a psychotic break and killed her husband with an icicle (allegedly the perfect murder weapon, but all she had on hand at the time) before turning herself in, and spending two years in a psychiatric facility before being sent to prison for life without parole, her defense of temporary insanity insubstantial, and instead receiving a GBMI sentence. Her license to practice was revoked, but her medical degree remains intact, though she never goes by "Doctor".

The model inmate, she was still put in maximum security for fear of ticking her off, but given library and laboratory privileges, where she studied as much as she could about the use of cryogenics in nanotechnology. She built her microchip in secret, hiding it under her tongue when she suspected being found out. She implanted it into an old scar, where a small break in the skin wouldn't be noticed.

Nemesis: Generally wary of anyone with a psychology degree, high levels of charisma, and heavily-built men.

Reason(For Being Nemesis): Fear of manipulation and loss of control. Being a small woman with a history of abuse, prefers to avoid all possibilities of danger. Does a excellent acting job with hiding it.

Theme Song(For your Vigilante):

Last edited:
We sound like total opposites, and I like it. The Judge is like her worst nightmare. Fiery, 7'10", and built like a wrestler.

I'm gonna have you transferred to the Containment Facility for the Superhuman and Unstable, from your prison. You okay with a fairly calm collab, describing the transfer and long ride to the Facility?

Yo'! Interested, thought I've got few questions.
So we were before... supervillains or even simple gangsters/criminals?

Yo'! Interested, thought I've got few questions.
So we were before... supervillains or even simple gangsters/criminals?
You are someone with the Super Gene, which only activates under extreme trauma. Basically, you get pushed to the extremes of physical and mental limits, and pushed beyond that. The exceptions to this rule are the mentally ill, who will naturally manifest their power later on in life, whether there is a stimulus or not. Only 1 in 100,000 people possess the super gene, so it is quite rare.

You are someone with the Super Gene, which only activates under extreme trauma. Basically, you get pushed to the extremes of physical and mental limits, and pushed beyond that. The exceptions to this rule are the mentally ill, who will naturally manifest their power later on in life, whether there is a stimulus or not. Only 1 in 100,000 people possess the super gene, so it is quite rare.
Ah... Well. As you said we start out as ''bad'', so I was more of asking for more info on what that bad means. Characters that suck at their work as heroes or criminals or something else?

Sorry. Overtime, my idea has changed slightly. I decided that instead of playing as immoral people, we'd instead play as people who've went through extreme trauma or have mental illness. You can still be an immoral person, but the concept is now "traumatized/insane superheroes", instead of "bad guys turning good". I still want to run the second concept, but I felt the first was more player friendly, and open for character driven stories.

Last edited:
Back