From the perspective of a veteran (where to begin)

Sintacts

Not the last, not the first.
So, I suppose I should make the subtle announcement that this is my first post here at StoryTeller's Circle. Hello, all. I am Sintacts.
I propose a question gently coupled with somewhat of a look into my background in RolePlaying.
When I was a boy, around the age of 11, I discovered Yahoo Messenger. Within Yahoo messenger, I discovered User Created Chatrooms. As a child, I was an RPG kind of kid. Once I realized that the names of these chatrooms were actually the names of cities, taverns, and battleground where fictional characters were duking it out and going on adventures, I was blown away. Literature had always been my favorite subject, so I dove headfirst into RP. I remember my first OC. Blaze S. Flamillion. ]

Blaze had gotten involved with a girl who was being pursued by a group of warriors, and ended up meeting a mish-mash of characters like Sephiroth, and joining the Hylian Military after helping Link defend his borders from the wrath of Guildia's forces. I met a lot of other OC's along the way, and forged some powerful friendships.

A lot of you know what happened to Yahoo! Chat. In case you didn't, it was riddled useless after a lawsuit, and to this day is unusable.
I've often considered going the way of the forum format and joining one of these sites.

So, I propose two questions.

I haven't RP'd in about 7 years and have been itching for it, where should I start in such a vast and open land (site) such as Storyteller's Circle?

Second question. Do you remember your first OC? If so, do you remember their first adventure?

For starters, would love to have you check out my RP in my signature. Ton of players, very organized, lots of forum space, and an enormous medieval fantasy sandbox. :) We just started the other day as well and all of my players really get along. We even have our own Discord for the RP to discuss amongst ourselves.

Aside from my attempts at recruiting more (as if 20+ players isn't enough), I lightly remember my first character but at the same time I try to forget since I wasn't very good. I will say I am a huge fan of Zelda so bonus points for you there! :) My favorite character ever when I first started was an angel, Sikex, about nine years ago, who I ironically brought back in some varied form for my RP!

Hope to see you IC soon, in one RP or another!

~M

I'm in it with Meliodas, Ame Damnee is pretty good. Check it out!

Hmm... My first OC was Errol Kohler, which, amusingly enough, has been recreated and remade to fit into the Ame Damnee universe. His first adventure... hmm, I honestly could not remember, when I first started roleplaying a year and half ago, I had five or so rps going on at the same time, with different OCs. I'm sure errol was the first character I made though. He'd gone through a lot of changes and tweaks... I'm still lowkey in love with him. :D

Back