DeJoker

Master of Mayhem
So it does not appear that too many peeps are interested in a TT game either that or the venue I posted from the one interested person thus far is of no interest or little interest or is not easily found.

In case of the latter perhaps we need a TT Forum discussion board with 3 sticky topics -- what folks would like to see -- peeps looking for a game -- peeps looking for players

So that this kind of venue is more easily found within a predominately free-form forum

Just a thought any feedback on this ?

It would be nice, but without a in house dice rolling feature, it makes it exceedingly difficult to host tabletop on storytellers without resorting, in portion or in entirety, some 3rd party resource.

Ah okay -- its that issue -- the one I easily work around since when it comes to die rolling I tend to do it myself unless the players really need to -- that way the player is not influenced by the knowledge of what was rolled (aka meta-gaming) -- for instance you roll 1 on a d20 and fail of course you rolled a 1 -- or you roll a 20 on a d20 and fail -- whoa that must not be possible to do. A fairly extreme example but it drives the point home. If I tell you that you failed well, its more like real life ... although in some cases I generally add more descriptive terms to give you a hint of why you failed but again still more like real-life as I have said the mechanics are mainly there to help the Storyteller put unbiased limiters on what someone can do so that they are not god-moding something that to me seems to happen fairly often in free-form games. Where actions only have consequences or failures if the person writing chooses for that to be so -- which is not even close to real-life. Heck the few times that I have free-formed I still rolled dice to decide whether my character could or could not do something but most everyone else just god-moded it

Back