Going Home

Yoda

Grand Master of the Jedi Order
Here is an idea I have been working on for an RP. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

On July 9, 2040 Earth suffered from a catastrophic solar event that sent radiation levels skyrocketing. Earth had been hit by solar flares, but nothing like this. Thanks to technological advances the humans were able to detect this solar flare a year and a half in advance. With the fate of humanity on the line the world superpowers banded together to survive. In order to prepare for the event scientists decided the only safe place for mankind was under the Earth's crust. So in the wake of this massive disaster they built Valhalla. It took all the time Earth had left to complete, but in the end the underground cities of Valhalla were built to continue the survival of humanity.

Much of Valhalla was lost in the first few years due to poor craftsmanship, but those that survived wint on to form the people of Valhalla. The underground city of Valhalla has a perfect system of government and is run by an extremely strict set of rules and regulations. Everyone in Valhalla must play a part in the betterment of their society. This is drilled into the young as they are taught responsibility and the meaning of hard work. Each child must display a surtant aptitude, so that one day they may move into a job and better the city. Everyone has a job and works that job until they get to the age of uselessness, a time when a person had worked enough and would be looked after until the end. Everything runs perfectly until a young man or woman fails to show aptitude for a job or generally fails to fit in with the strict rules and guidelines of the city. No one knows exactly how a person fails to fit in, most believe it has something to do with politics, while others believe it is just random chance to keep the population stable.

Those thrown out of the city are sent into the darkness to determine if the world is livable again. For hundreds of years this was a one way trip, since they would not let the outcasts back in until they had discovered something of value, but this all changed 2 years ago when a young outcast boy returned to Valhalla with an artifacts of the old world. Few know what the boy saw or found out there and those that do know do not speak of it openly. The boy was offered a life of leisure in Valhalla for his service, but he turned it down saying, he belonged in the darkness with those that do not belong to anyone, the outcasts.

Undeground_City-big.png

So... What exactly is the Darkness?

Ya, I suck at naming things, so I just put something that sounded cool. Now that I am looking back at it this name is not the best. Anyway, the darkness will be the unknown, since the RP is going to be centered around finding out what happened to Earth after the solar flare that drove humanity underground. I don't want to spoil too much about the plot, since the RP is about unearthing the answers, but I hope this helps.

Looks like we have enough people interested to get this thing rolling. I will post a character sheet later on today, but before that I realized that I might not have done that good of a job explaining what is going to happen in the RP, so I have put together some more information on the RP.

As I explained in my first post humanity fled to an underground city called Valhalla to avoid a solar flare. After the city was sealed no one knows what happened to the Earth, so in order to find out if the surface is safe the government of Valhalla started sending people to the surface in search of answers. Did the solar flare destroy the surface, is it safe for humans to return to the surface, what has become of this once beautiful and lustrous world? These are the questions we will be answering as we leave the safety of Valhalla for the wilds of the surface.

I hope this helps and as always if you have questions let me know.

Sorry for the double post, but is it safe to assume surface world is going to be fallout-ish?

Sorry for the double post, but is it safe to assume surface world is going to be fallout-ish?

It is going to be different from the Earth we all know and love today, how it is different I can't say at this time.

Here is the character sheet feel free to add things that you think I might have missed that allow you to explain your character better:

Name:
Dress and appearance: (Pictures welcome, if you don’t want to use a picture that is fine just try and give a good description of what your character looks like.)
Type of weapons: (You will not have access to weapons at the start of the RP)
Weakness:
Strength:
Short back story:

You still open for more people? This seems really fun. Reminds me of The Maze Runner mixed with The City of Ember!

You still open for more people? This seems really fun. Reminds me of The Maze Runner mixed with The City of Ember!

There is room for more, just post up a character whenever you get the chance.

Final question! Do you prefer RL pictures, or anime/drawings/etc? It's a pet peeve - I like trying to avoid mixing anime/RL visuals.

It's your character use what you want. I am pretty lenient on this because I don't want to restrict your creativity.

Name: Jace Hull
Dress and appearance: Jace stands at 5’ 9”. After being cast out Jace learned the importance of physical fitness as such he has spent much of his time preparing to return to the surface and his body reflects the hard work he puts in.
Sci-_Fi-_Yichuan-_Li-_Brian-_Escape.jpg
Type of weapons: Not really picky, as long as he can keep some distance between himself and his attacker.
Weakness: Ability to work with others, Jace believes that if you can't pull your own weight you are useless to him, as such he can overlook other people's skills that may not be obvious but are nonetheless important.
Strength: Drive to survive, Jace will push himself to the breaking point and beyond before he gives up.

Short backstory:
Jace grew up wild and free, everyone tried get him to follow the strict guidelines of the city, but he couldn’t stand being told what to do and when to do it everyday. As a result he was outcast from Valhalla at the age of 19. On the surface Jace found himself. Jace returned to Valhalla after a month on the surface and losing everyone he was outcast with. Jace gained entry to Valhalla with a book and some jewelry from the old world.

Jace thought he would be welcomed back into Valhalla with open arms, but instead the higher ups in Valhalla tried to keep everything quiet. They offered Jace riches and a place to live as long as he stayed quiet. Jace couldn’t stand the idea of the people not knowing what was out there, so he turned them down vowing to tell the people. The leaders of Valhalla locked Jace up and outcast him for a second time, so that no one could learn of what Jace saw and wint through on the surface. Now Jace waits in a prison cell for the next group of outcasts to be selected, so that he can once again return to the wilds of the surface.

Name: Riley Takagi
Dress and appearance:
chara33.png

Type of weapons: Decent in hand to hand, hasn’t tried any ranged weapons. What's to try. But unfortunately hasn't ever come across anything more than a pipe in her life.
Weakness: Emotional detachment. She has trouble forming attachments to other people, leaving her in a perpetual state of loneliness.
Strength: Speed. She is fast, sometimes appearing as a blur.
Short back story:

She was a mistake. The bastard child of an affair, a year before the real child, Sora - her half-sister, was born. Her life was a mistake, and all she could do was fail. Her parents hated her, her neighbors saw her as a blight, and she did terribly in school due to discrimination and harassment, destroying her focus.

But in all that, Sora never gave up on her. But even the light of a pure, more honest soul, couldn't save her. She was taken and throw into prison once it was found she was useless, and now awaits the day she is casted out.

But she plans...she plans to return for the one good thing in her life...and she won't let anything stop her.

Last edited:
Back