Hosting vs. Hosting & Playing

Squidward Uchiha

Squid Style: Clarinet Jutsu
For my first thread, I wanted to address something I've been struggling with as of late and I'd like to get some feedback from fellow role-players. I'm not sure if a similar topic has really come up on these forums, but if it has, then I apologize, I'm just trying to toss some thoughts out here.

So, in most roleplays that I've made, I've done the common thing of filling out the character sheet template that I make for other potential players and participating in the RP as both the main host as well as my own player character. But lately I've been feeling that (not all the times, just sometimes) I'd rather just skip the latter part of the process and just maintain my role as the host alone. In other words, for all you D&D players out there, I want to be the dungeon master and only the dungeon master.

I don't know if this is common on here since I'm still regularly new to this forum, but I'm pretty sure there's not active rule against doing something like this. I know it is a bit of an unwritten rule, as I mentioned, but I think I'm capable of being able to manage something like this. Like I said, I don't think I'm exactly right on this mindset, I just wanted to share my thoughts and see what other people think before I try and apply to this an actual RP in the future.

Last edited:
Back