Yoda

Grand Master of the Jedi Order
Have you ever wanted to battle for your life against unwinnable odds? While this RP will hopefully fulfill those fantasies. This RP takes place before the events in the Hunger Games books and focuses on everyone's favorite thing about the Hunger Games trilogy the actual games.

The RP will start like the books with a little back story on your tribute and how they ended up in the games, did they volunteer or just get unlucky? After that tributes are free to write about there journey to the Capital. Before the games begin tributes will spend time in the training center building their own skills and checking out their competition. During training tributes are free to build alliances or enemies. Tributes then go into the arena. In the arena each tribute will be free to write about what they will do to survive with little restrictions. Each tribute will only be able to post once each day and night, if your tribute does not sleep, GM controls time. This rule does not apply when tributes are talking to other tributes. Combat will be settled by the GM when tributes fight one another and I will discus how this works below.

This Combat System was invented manly by @SedentaryCobra .

Each tribute has three combat stats in total.

Attack, Defense, and Health. Your value for a stat can range from 0 to 10 (health with a minimum of one.) Each tribute gets 10 points to start out with. Killing another tribute grants that tribute 1 more point.

Attack measures your ability to hit someone.

Defense measures your ability to absorb, deflect, or dodge blows.

Health measures how many blows you can take before being knocked out or killed, can be regained over time or with medicine.

Modifiers such as illness, weather, and other extenuating circumstances may modify these values, at GM discretion.

Combat is performed as follows.

The individual with the element of surprise goes first. Otherwise, the individual with the highest attack value attacks first.

1. The attacker rolls to attack, combining the result of one ten sided die and their attack value.
2. The attackers value is measured against the defender's defense + 5.
3. If the attacker's combined attack is higher than the defender's combined defense, the attacker hits, and the defender loses one health.
4. The defender then takes their turn, reversing the roles.
5. At the end of both player's turns, one or both may choose to retreat. If one has zero health left, they are assumed unconscious, and at the mercy of the opposing party.

Example:

Knight: 2, 4, 2

Barbarian: 5, 2, 1

In the deep of the woods, the barbarian sneaks up on the knight and attacks.

Barbarian rolls a 9 on a ten sided die. Adding his attack value of 5, for a total of 14, he beats the knight's combined defense of 9(knights defence+5). The knight takes one damage, and now has 1 health.

Knight retaliates, rolling a 6 on the ten sided die. With his attack of 2, for a total of 8, he beats the barbarian's combined defense of 7. The barbarian takes one damage, and has zero health.

The Knight decides to execute the Barbarian, who is unconscious and at his mercy.

Here are three tribute stats that you can use if you do not want to make your own:

Tank: 2, 6, 2
Assassin: 7, 1, 2
Soldier: 4, 4, 2

Character Sheet:

Name:
Personality:
Biography:
District:
Combat Stats: (A,D,H)

Information on the Arena will come when it get’s closer to the start of the Hungar Games so that you can’t prepare your tribute exactly for the environment he or she will have to survive in. This is my first time doing this, so please let me know if I did something wrong. If you have questions I will try my best to answer them.

Back