Hunger of the Pines

Fubsy

Cool beans, my homie.

~-~​

large.gif

~-~​

Serenity. Population: 1,500.

A quiet town in the middle of no where. Here, the folks are friendly, the scenery is peaceful, and the most excitement you can get is at the local highschool football games.

Or so it seems.

In reality, Serenity is home to races thought to exist only in fairytales. Werewolves, vampires, mermaids, witches -- all every bit as real as they are dangerous. They wander among the shadowy pines and even among the local townsfolk. Their existence is a complete secret thanks to the work of the Watchers, a clandestine group consisting of humans and supernatural creatures tasked with keeping the safety of Serenity and peace between the races. But peace is a fleeting bird whose whimsies shift with the wind.

When a body is found murdered at the edge of town, accusations are quick to be thrown around. Tensions are rising, and so is the body count. As a Watcher, it is your job to find the culprit and put a stop to the killings before a total war engulfs the peaceful small town.

~-~​

In a nutshell: small town, big murder, its your job to keep a bunch of supernatural creatures from murdering eachother. A quick little premise to hopefully grab people's interest. More information, such as races and lore, will be given out if it looks like enough people like the idea, but for now I'm just looking for a group of around 3-4 players looking for a good time! ;)

This sounds beautiful! I will be pretty busy for the next week and a half, so I won't be able to post as much, but besides that, I'm totally down for this!

Consider me interested, though I'm not 100% sure if I will be able to fully commit to this just yet. I probably will be able to, just airing on the side of caution y'know.

The OOC will be up around early tomorrow or so. No need to worry about the pace, by the way. I plan for this to be a fairly lax RP.

Awesome. Any more info you want to give out before I can start character building?
There's five main races:
-Werewolves (Your standard turn into giant wolves during a full moon)
-Vampires (More Dracula, less sparkles)
-Mermaids (human on land, fishtails in the water. They act less like Ariel, and more like siren, with luring humans before dragging them down into the murky depths of a river or lake seemingly a fun hobby.)
-Witches (Usually work in small covens, but there are those that typically work alone. Broomsticks and black cats are optional.)
-Humans

There'll be more lore and info once the OOC goes up, but that's the basics of it. Of course, I'm not opposed to adding additional ones if given the suggestion.

Awesome! I think I'm gonna make a mermaid character. Question, though, what are interracial relations like before the murders start? You said peaceful, but is it an easy peace or a tense one? And how much do the supernatural races mingle with the humans?

Relations are definitely tense. There's many who despise the other races and think the idea of remaining in hiding is ridiculous, but they're forced to remain quiet and accept it.
Mingling tends to vary with each race. Some less so (Werewolves prefer the company of their own pack, vampires mostly interact with humans during the night), and others more so (mermaids and witches tend to do the most socializing). This is more of a generalization, though, and races to interact with humans in some way, shape, or form.

Back