Initiative Support Page: Linking and you!

Green Door

Greetings, sentient! If you are processing this data-page, you have chosen to undergo the linking process and bring knowledge and camaraderie to a wonderful species! You may not know it, but through the efforts of yourself and those around you, the entire quasiversial plane system has been furthered in their efforts to comprehend their neighbors! Good job!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have located the Concerns and Questions portion of the Initiative data-page. If you have a concern or question, please use this service to contact a representative, who will do their very best to alleviate or answer them! Remember, your questions may be publicly displayed if your question or concern is commonly logged, for the purposes of efficient information exchange! If your species cannot utilize this function, please locate a corporeal representative in one of many of our reality-anchored booths. There’s always one nearby!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: “My species does not recognize the concept of material possessions, and as such cannot benefit from the 50,000 unit stipend so graciously donated on a daily basis. Is it possible for my stipend to be rendered in a different medium? In this case, the equivalent value in gray-quarter emissions.”

A: Absolutely! The Initiative prides itself on being able to render payment in whatever form the sentient requires, be it physical, or in your case, metaphysical! Provided it does not exceed the 50,000 unit value agreed to in your contract, no preferred form of gifting will be rejected. However, there may be a delay due to potential difficulties with procurement and disentanglement. You may have to visit a marked Initiative booth for the gift to be properly administered. Any gift relating to Life-State 13 will be rejected without consideration.

Q: “Help! I think my node is attempting to influence my thoughts and actions!”

A: No, it’s most definitely not! Nodes are very polite sentients, and would never attempt to subjugate or affect their Link without clear permission. If you believe you are currently suffer from any of the 14,982 potential after-effects of the linking process or the presence of your node, please visit one of our booths for reconstitution. Your health and well-being is not only our first concern, but the concern of your node!

Q: “I fell down a dorsal vent and my corporeal hull was destroyed. I detached the node before the event and now have a new hull, but my node won’t stop making noises! The Chiurge says it is greatly distressed! How can I help my new friend? I’m a Xvla, if that information helps.”

A: Don’t worry! You can help your node by explaining the nuances of your species and what it needs to expect from being linked with you. Your contract was supposed to inform your node on your needs and traits as an individual and member of your species, but there are some things that they need to learn on their own! Link deamination is a very distressing thing for a node to experience, but Xvla undergo it dozens, if not hundreds of times a day! If your species does so regularly as well, just explain it to them. They will adjust to this new information almost instantly!

Q: “Females of my species consume the cognitive data of their males after mating. I did so and now my node seems very confused! How can I fix it?”

A: Just be patient! Like the above scenario, nodes have a set of preconceived notions on linking. Sometimes a species surprises them, which is a good thing! In this case, assimilation of genetic, mental, or other forms of information might give your node a little jolt as it tries to process planar co-habitation. Again, if you expect it to occur often, please let your node know!

Q: “My species is inorganic and cannot link with a node. Is there any other way I can aid this wonderful Initiative?”

A: Yes! Donations, referrals, and other forms of aid are greatly appreciated! We’re always looking for booth operators or constructors, as well! Please visit our prime data-page and activate the “Supplicant” function for more information! If that is not possible, the Initiative will offer half of the normal stipend in exchange for physical, non-linked hosting of a node.

Q: “I feed off of parasitic organisms, and my instincts got the better of me. It wasn’t digested significantly but I’m worried I’ve damaged it somehow.”

A: Unfortunate, but it can happen! Try not to eat your node! It cares about you and very much wants you to do the same! Deterrents are available upon request, such as bittering agents or defensive grafts. As for the damage, just give it some time! Nodes are almost indestructible!

Q: Life-State 13 Enact. Advise.

A: Your contract will be reviewed and altered. Terminations will be likely. Repent.

Q: “Can my node come it different colors and textures? Is that advisable?”

A: Thousands, and very much so! Customization of a node can lead to much greater personal attachment and enjoyment for both you and your new friend! Just visit any of our wonderful booths for information on how to make each other very happy!

Q: “I inadvertently mated with my node and now I’m incubating. What happens now?”

A: Please report to the nearest medical official immediately! Nodes do not reproduce sexually, so it likely isn’t what you may think. Nodes will not use Links for incubation purposes, nor would they expect to be used for such purposes!

Q: “My node is also incubating.”

A: It can’t. Please report to a medical official.

Q: “I don’t want to do this anymore. How do I make it stop?”

A: As with many problems, our booths hold the answer! Contract termination procedures are simple and painless. We’re sorry to see you go, but we hope your information will allow us to better serve our purpose!

Q: "I think I'm a node who switched neural dominance with my Link."

A: Oh dear. These things can happen, as we all know. I'm going to assume you tried the proper re-sequencing operation for your sentient. Please report to Harmonic Strain 48-b and we'll get you sorted out. If you don't understand what that entails, congratulations! You're the Link, and are merely undergoing another non-dominance related complication. The booth will fix you up at no cost.

Remember, this page is always updating. A diligent Link is a responsible Link! Check back often!

Back