Akashic Arcana Initium Novum

Zangyl

Seated on a wooden bench located in a natural clearing surrounded by trees, Christian’s gaze was pointed forward; focussed on nothing. His lithe, left hand was making elegant and - most of all - intricate gestures; seemingly riding the wind’s invisible current. Down below a pond’s water rippled; moving in the same way as Christian’s hand did, describing the same elegant and intricate movements that rode the current. The water; a small amount of it raising from the pond untill it disconnected, vibrated as Christian clenged his hand into a fist. Breathing out audibly, his eyes suddenly shone intensely blue; his fingers slowly opening, the water mimicking the same movement as it moved towards Christian.

Muttering in a language forgotten by many, he called upon Nerones, the elemental spirit of water and asked her to protect him; after which the shapeless ‘puddle’ of water slowly - but steadily, began to morph into a hand; only a little bigger than Christian’s. When he breathed out once more, it moved towards him and enveloped his left hand. The water was cold; its embrace wet as it moved around his fingers and hand.

“Finally...” Christian muttered before pouring a steady amount of mana into the water; causing it to turn into something akin to ice, but not quite the same; for it was still moving, yet had the same density and strength as glacier ice has. He slowly raised his hand; his blue eyes widening and filled with a curious twinkle as he looked upon the play of colour cast by his ice-covered hand. He felt his heartbeat fasten; felt it throb in his throat as he remained quiet; all of his attention focussed on his left hand. He was, however, curious about what effect the ice would have on his skin, but didn’t worry. He knew that Nerones wouldn’t hurt him; not intentionally, that is. At this moment, Christian looked like a kid that was marveling over something of immense beauty or worth.

He then focussed his gaze upon the pond again; asking Nerones to once assist him. He pictured a design in his mind; light and intricate, yet elegant and strong in a way not often seen. And as the water arose from the pond, a small smile crept upon his face; happy to have achieved something he wasn’t able to achieve before.

The realization that what he was learning, or maybe even constructing, needed refining, came as sheets of glacier-ice came rushing towards his arm and attached to it; following the design Christian had pictured in his mind. However, Christian had not taken into consideration that the sheets would need space to move, and as of such he could only move his left arm up and down, whilst his hand remained free of any restriction; the ice without flaws, its design more delicate and, in a way, more perfect.

Surprised at how big the difference was between the two constructs, Christian blushed slightly; a shiver of cold running up his spine as he sat on the bench.
He clenged his ice-covered left hand on the bench’s arm support; leaving frostbite where his fingers and hand touched the wood. His eyes widened; focussed on this new development.

Christian was never someone to experiment; never had he felt the urge to, but now that everything had changed, he began to appreciate the feeling of pride one gets when a plan, or in Christian’s case, a construct functions properly - to a decree, obviously.

@Craig Leo

The moment Viola's father took her up with him on her first flight, she had became a creature of the sky. Her time soaring through the skies with him had become some of the cornerstones of who she was, and being in the sky felt more like life did than the days and weeks she spent on the ground between sessions. The years after her father was arrested, aside from the obvious dramas that had brought to her life, one of the worst things it had done was to take her out of the air.

It didn't come as a surprise that her depression ended the moment she found flight again, and that she'd once again fall back into her love with the skies. Because absence makes the heart grow fonder, Viola would always grow uneasy if she didn't get anytime to laze around in the sky.

And school life had been keeping her pretty busy lately.

So Viola spent the day floating aimlessly through the air, letting the subtle changes of the winds guide her direction. Her back facing the ground, she had spent the last few hours with her eyes closed, caught in a trance that was a between the lines of being classified as meditation or a nap.

Drifting down from her train of thoughts, she became aware that she had grown just a little hungry during her time in the sky. A thick juicy hamburger appeared in her thoughts, powerful waves of deliciousness radiated off of it in an aura filled with life.

Mmm.. food.

Viola's inner thoughts were complex.

She spun around, preparing to determine her location and then the closest burger joint she could find when she spotted a curiosity. Though her stomach growled in anger, the more dominant side of he personality took over as she floated towards towards Christian. While she may not have caught everything that he was doing, she was able to see enough to know that it was interesting.

Not born to be a ninja, living in the shadows, her first course of action would be to attack Christian with a sudden rant. "Oh Wow! Is your hand totally made out of ice like that? That's cool.... or is it cold? Can you eat soup when it's still hot... or is it always luke warm? That sucks." She paused, remembering her manners. "Oh! My name is Viola Facett. I think I know you."

Busy trying to design a new extension for the ice, Christian turned around as if he was stung by a bee when he heard the flood of questions.

“N-No... I don’t... what?” Christian stammered as he tried to answer the wave of questions. His heart was racing and he felt it throb in his throat. The moment the girl began to introduce herself, he smiled and bowed his head; “Christian van Orange-Nassau. A pleasure, Viola Facett.” He then suddenly felt how his blood rushed towards his cheeks; a slight blush appearing as he spoke; “Y-You think you know me? Oh... uhm... from where?” He wondered; blushing slightly.

Viola tweaked her energy output again, letting herself descend further down, but she wasn't interested in grounding herself quite at that moment. So she instead chose to hover just at Christian's height, keeping the two of them eye-level as she thought about his question.

I know I've seen him somewhere before.... I don't think it was long. Viola thought, guessing that he'd stood out to her for something special. She just hadn't gotten enough time around him to learn anything more, or to remember where she'd seen him.

"I don't know," Viola admitting, cupping her chin in her palm as she floated slow circles around Christian. "but I know I've seen you somewhere before... do you sell oranges or something? Maybe I met you at a farmer's market once. " Of course, her suggestion didn't have the tiniest bit to do with his name. Her attention span totally let her focus enough to learn in his on the first go. She knew more than just Christian.

Back