The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
(Written by @Gummi Bunnies.)

-Prelude to the Thoughts-
"Pause"

To what color am I dyed?
The size of the dyed thing changes because of the difference of the dyed color.
I can grow up if it dyes to good people color.
I want to dye me to such a color.
To what color am I dyed?
The color to be dyed changes under the influence of the private life.

Walking down the hallway that would lead to my office, I could hear the pounding of rain outside. Rain. The sound of rain always leads me to remember things. Things that I wish to store away to the deepest depths of my memories. Those certain memories aren't important to me as of now. Such memories would only drag me down from what I have to achieve, and then I can look back at those memories once I reach what I desire.

It is like those types of times where I wished that the rain wouldn't come back so often to haunt me with the memories I want to bury and bury six feet under. Those haunting memories happen to be so alluring to my curiosities, beckoning me to look out the hallway window and watch the rainfall descend onto the barren city outside. It is the time where I wonder... if the rain is the same every time I see it come down to the earth.

"Well, isn't there something that we can discuss at the moment? Like the results of the Nephilim's mission?"

Diverting my eyes away from the rainfall, I look upon a trusted individual of mine, despite his obvious delusions and insanity. A crazed individual like him is capable of time travel, and to come to that peak of life, I come to realize that he has the initiative to what he wants to achieve... going at such feats to achieve what he wants. To some extent, that is why I tolerate his presence and need his assistance...

"He knows what to do. I gave him the order, so he will do it according to what I had told him. Add, go and collect information on past users of the key. If anybody that knows you would ask of your doings, say that you're finding the key to your true past."

Upon hearing my command, the time traveler smiled eerily, a time rift opening up behind him. I allowed him to take several data scans of the key, so he would be aware of what he was getting himself into. A blink passes by me, and soon, I see him no more. The time rift closing up completely and disappearing from my sights. With him off to do work, the youkai working on the vessel below, the Nephilim off to finish another test for me, and other operations... I can have the privilege of privacy.

Wrapping my hands around the door knob, I enter my office and shutting myself away from the rest of the building and the rain outside. All I heard was the ticking of the clock mounted on the wall. Even so, I was completely alone. I had time before I would be encountered by any of my right-hand individuals. Taking my seat at my desk, my hands drifted over at one of the drawers, which had a keyhole in it now. Requiring a specific key now, I pull out the key that I've worked so hard to obtain and to extract it's power from it and it's human vessel. Grim the End. The Vessel of Wrath.

I chuckle lightly at the thought, that I was using the physical embodiment of Wrath to unlock a certain drawer of my desk open... Brushing the thoughts of this scenario to the side, I pull the unlocked drawer open, revealing a journal... an aged journal. It's been awhile since I've had the time to look at this piece of history once again.

I knew there were certain memories that I shouldn't indulge myself into, but to be truthful... there is some that I can't help but look at. I convince myself that these memories are no harm to me, but I feel as if I shouldn't be looking at them anyways. Guilty pleasures that I wish that I did not indulge myself into...

Opening the journal up to it's first page, I recognize the date that was listed on the top of the page, and I immediately realize when this journal was first started. About three years ago... some time right before I had started this Institute of Blood... Emptiness filling up my insides, I feel as if this journal would help me recall the memories that'll assist me to my goal.

At the time, I did not know that memories can both drag me down and lift me up, but I'll only figure that out later on... when it was already too late. Guiding my finger towards the first set of words to this journal entry, I begin to softly read the contents of the journal to myself.

"December 2nd, 2013. Up until these days now, I've decided to begin writing a journal. Unless I somehow forget my name, my name is Eliza Xena, and this is what happened to me today..."

I degenerate if it dyes to villain color.
The color for which I hope is a color with high brightness.
I want to become beautiful mind.
I want to become it.

Last edited:
-First Thought-
"Paralysis"

"... For almost what felt like a week or more when in truth it had only been a few days, I have a chance meeting with a boy that I had fallen for. His name is Blake Dormi. I know that we both come from unsavory backgrounds that should've kept us apart when we first met, but to be truthful, it only showed how much we had in common. Me, a heiress to a family mafia string... and Blake, a hitman-in-training... It is no wonder why we found ourselves to be weaved together as we are now... A relationship that shines even in the darkest of places..."

For a moment, I stop myself as I am reminded of this relationship, which had brought me here as I am today... I fight against my sensations to break down, thinking about this past, forcing myself to trudge through these memories as they are written in my old journal.

"Eliza!"

My heart skips a beat as I hear his voice, beckoning me to turn around. For what I thought to be the longest I've gone without seeing him, Blake, I felt overjoyed to see him again, allowing me to be... somewhat alive inside. Surprising the both of us, I threw myself over at him, arms wrapping around his torso and keeping a tight wrap... I didn't want to let go of him. He felt special to me, and I didn't want to lose that. In a way, this relationship we had was something that made us both feel normal and human, aside from what we truly do.

"G-Gyah! ... er, Eliza, not... so tight!"

Blinking in a mild childish display, I realize that I was probably making him feel uncomfortable this way, so I release him from my death hug... as I would've called it here and now. But then again, I felt too shy to even call it that once he were to point this out to me.

"O-Oh.. u... m, sorry about that Blake. I just felt... happy to see you again... after you know..."

"Yeah yeah, I understand, don't stress yourself too much, 'kay?"

Letting out a sigh of relief that I didn't overly bother him with that surprise hug, I sit right back down on the bench where I waited for my bus to come by to pick me up.

"So to stir up some conversation to pass the time for you and your bus... and that..."

Blake would lean against the bus stop sign next to the bench, his eyes darting around for any witnesses before returning his attention to me. Knowing our line of work, I've always made sure to go for any quiet bus stops to avoid too much publicity.

"You know... your inheritance of your family business being fairly recent... it makes me wonder how much stress you've been going through as of now, Eliza. Guess some people that were really close to your dad are pretty bummed out that his daughter, you, would get the new leadership spot. But what can you do when you're his only child..."

I stifle up a laugh at that thought. There were many members of my father's business that were beyond outraged to hear that they'll be lead by a woman, me. I see no problem with it, as I was just as capable of a position such like my father. Though, when coming to this thought, I began to wonder about a detail that I've only realized now.

"Wait, how did you hear of this? I thought you said that you had nothing to do with my family's underground ties?"

For a moment, he hesitates, but after a single gulp, he figures out on how to answer my inquiry.

"The Xena Institute has always been heard of from what I've seen in the field of us killers. I've only heard of your inheritance and promotion from my fellow trainees, all while we were handling my little sister's condition from some stuck-up gangsters."

I should've known that, but since I recently got this position, I still have much to learn in this filthy world. If I count the times I've spoken to Blake and now, I can tell that he had a lot to say when it came to mentioning his little sister, which I have not figured out yet, but maybe it's for a good cause. Who knows if she wanted any recognition from the filth that I am?

"Oh, okay, makes sense. I'm sure that I'll be fine... they'll just have to get used to it, and whether or not they have any knowledge of it, I do know my way with firearms thanks to you... Not that I... I'm comfortable with taking a life."

When it came to that, Blake would narrow his eyes at him, probably questioning this side of me that I rarely show off.

"Comfortable with taking a life? I would beg to differ... given with how many people I've killed once I began this career. Sometimes to get through in this world, you've got to do things that you're uncomfortable with... It's how things are placed for us... we've just got to deal with it. Like you said when it comes to the people that disagree with your new position."

Blake's words gave off the notion that he wasn't from a violent and non-thinking killing background, but knowing him so well after such little time, I knew the stuff he did. I just... never thought he would speak in some sense of wiseness.

"I know I know... and us being together, that's the closest we'll get to a normal... or excuse me, a quote-on-quote normal experience in our lifetimes."

When I said "normal" and quickly corrected myself, I saw Blake hold in a chuckle or two. In response, I gave him that practically meant "mind sharing?" Of course he would share with me, because we both had a small promise to not leave each other in the dark, the only exception being Blake's little sister.

"Hey now, we were pretty normal even before we spilled the beans about our dark secrets. Remember that time you did a thing and something happened. That was pretty cool, right?"

I catch on to what he was trying to reference to me, giving me the cue to raise my eyebrow in distinct interest.

"You mean that time we saw each other at this empty park during the rain... and you treated me with some hot chocolate this cafe nearby?"

"Nah, I mean the moments before I did all of that stuff for you. I mean, it was a pretty gloomy day with all of that rain. So dark, cold, and wet... and despite that, I happen to see your bright golden eyes through the grey. A light to the darkness that I took shelter in."

Hearing his response, I get what he was saying, but I roll my eyes at his over-dramatized response. He was always the type to do that, which sometimes bugged me, and it was up to me to either give him the annoyed look or to tolerate it. Most of the time... I do end up tolerating it, and exactly what I'll do now.

"Yeah, I mean... I only looked at you and got your attention. It wasn't all that special... but look at us now. We're... together an-"

Before I could say what I had in mind for this small talk, I was immediately brought to a short kiss initiated by Blake. I... wasn't expecting that at all, especially with the fact that we haven't really been together for more than a single month to be precise... so in a way, I wasn't super sure.

Once we separated from the short kiss, I took notice to see that my bus was coming by to finally pick me up, which probably was why Blake took the time to kiss me out of the blue.

"Well, maybe we can chat more later on, Eliza. You do have your busy procedures as the head of the Institute now. Just... don't forget me... the dark raven that's swooned for your attention, 'kay?"

Leaving me unsure on what else to say to him, he departs from me, leading me to hop onto the bus. A feeling inside me... urged me to try and call out to him to say something else, but I didn't feel like I should. Moments after that, I felt a bright tinge of regret... but I wasn't sure why I was feeling regret.

Sitting at my office, I've been running through certain documents to make sure that I was doing the things I should with this new position. Regulating all of this information for when I would have to make quick decisions for this Institute, I knew that even if I wouldn't be on the front-lines with the rest of my members, I played a key role with what I do with the decision that will be presented to me.

In a balance of this, I wonder how I will juggle this new occupation and my relationship with Blake. A double life, to be precise, and in a way, I am like two distinct people. Being so different in two different lives, I wondered on how I would do all of this... A part of me felt like I wasn't ready for this.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, I receive a notification on my computer screen on what was going on right now...

[ Mission in Progress (taken by Lapis Lazuli) - Eliminate the Black Raven. ]

I lazily look at this notification, but for some reason, the target for this mission reminded me of something.

".. the dark raven that's swooned for your attention, 'kay?"

At this moment, I realize the connection and recognition of that target, and for some reason, I don't remember that mission ever being issued out by me... I am supposed to be the only one sending out mission orders! Knowing how Lapis Lazuli is considered to be the best of the killers in the Institute, especially with how my father referred to her many times when I first was allowed to be a part of this organization... I had to do something about this before Blake would be killed from this!

Running out of my office, I find my way towards Lapis, who was about to leave. I had to convince her to drop the mission before it's too late...

"Lapis Lazuli, I need to have a word with you, concerning your current mission!"

Catching up to her, I see that she had some blank look in her eyes, somewhat hidden by the mask she wore.

"No, you don't. You gave me an order with this mission... and I'm going to go by it. It wouldn't look like any good for me and you... to go back on a mission's objective. You should know that, especially with how you are the new head of this bloody Institute."

Those words struck me as icicles piercing through my heart, as if I had done something to cause this, which I didn't. I don't recall telling Lapis to do this. Before I could object, the killer under our Institute had disappeared, as if she were never there. I knew where Blake said he would be later that day through our text messages, and by that information, I rushed as much as I could towards the location.

I never thought I could run so much in a short amount of time, but it was a rush of adrenaline when it came to this situation. I needed to prevent this death, I had to. Blake was the only person that made me feel normal... and if he died on me because of a single mistake that I failed to notice on my own part... I rather try to prevent it than to let it happen!

The rain began to pound down hard as my thoughts began to race more with the desire to save Blake. I had to... I had to... I had to... !!

Into the building... up the stairs... I didn't pause to catch my breathe. I needed to do this, he was going to die and I had to stop Lapis from completing this mistaken mission.

And then... once I got to the top of the building... I witnessed the worst.

I see Lapis standing over the dead body of Blake... stab wounds covering up his entire body... and before I could call my associate out. I observe as she throws herself off of the building's rooftop. With the instinct to prevent more death, I run towards the edge of the rooftop, only to see that she had disappeared again. Dammit... so she did carry out the kill as the mission had told her to... like she were a machine made to kill.

Turning my attention towards Blake, who was now dead... I drop onto my knees... and cry out on how this shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have...

"I shouldn't have..."

Before I could read what else I had written down relating to my late lover's demise, I slam the journal shut, and willed myself not to cry. Such a hopeless attempt to feel love and to be normal, and it only ended up with me being as unfeeling and ruthless as many others call me to be in this Blood Institute.

Not even love could make me a better person... so I continue to live out as a terrible person. I accepted this life, and now I embrace it.​

-Second Thought-
"Price"

Numbing myself from the thought of this one memory... I willed myself not to let out tears on the one memory that signifies my only time of weakness. I mustn't. Turning a few pages ahead, I find that there is some entries that occurred after the death of Blake, so with the curiosity of my own past and to somehow relive it, I continue to read.

"I felt like I wanted to die, after what happened to Blake. Little by little, I pace myself away from Lapis Lazuli, for she was the one that killed him. A living weapon of the Institute. Remembering her words on that fateful night, I took her advice... as this was no longer a simple criminal organization owned by a prestigious family. I was aware that this Institute is always stained in the blood of others... so I promptly renamed the group as the Blood Institute. A fitting name... Days go on, and I feel like I'm going to drop from the immense work that the Institute must go through. So I happened to fall asleep at my office after a period of not resting... and..."

Pausing in the middle of this sentence, I begin to realize where this was going to lead, the very event that fueled my resolve to act out against the rogue killer that Lapis Lazuli was now. Narrowing my eyes, the reading continues...

"... I experience a strange dream. No, more like a vision. I didn't know what to expect from it, but this dream gave me a new resolve from this day forwards."

Opening my eyes, I thought that I would awaken from my office desk, possibly dozing off after not sleeping for a good few days. I knew that somewhere down the line, I would overwork myself with what I have to do as the head of the Blood Institute. However, my eyes did not show that I was at my office. I did not recognize this place at all, and I didn't know what to expect here. I must be dreaming, because this place wasn't... normal.

The interior appeared to be some sort of antique parlor room, where I sat at one of the two chairs, seated nearby a table that had a chessboard. With all of the pieces out, I expected that the chessboard was ready for another game... whoever wanted to play it by then. The door to this room was nowhere to be found, as all of the walls had large windows that circled around me, and from there, I see that there is nothing else outside but an emptiness within the violet mists. A faint sun could be seen peeking through the strangely colored air.

My mind couldn't recall the importance of all of these things, and why this would become a dream of mine. But I remind myself in my head that this is only a dream. There is simply no way that this would affect me in some other level outside of the dream, so there wasn't much to fear.

Fearless, I stay seated at my chair, waiting for something to happen. What felt like half an hour passed by in time, or what I perceived in this dream to be time. With that much time having been passed, I feel the need to close my eyes and wake up from the dream, as I knew staying asleep in real time wasn't going to do me or the Institute any good. From that, I begin to sleep in this dream, but something willed me to stay within the dream for a bit longer.

From the corner of my eyes, I see a single blue butterfly flutter into the room. The windows weren't opened, and this butterfly didn't appear like any normal insect of its kind. The wings gave off a strange radiance of the color blue... as if it were an apparition within my own dream. Watching it come into my full view, the butterfly somehow multiplied itself into two... and soon kept on splitting itself to increase its own numbers before it formed into a radiant area of light. The light dissipated... and another person was now in this room with me.

A young girl by the looks of it, wearing a lolita-style dress. Straight purple hair... with chilling emotionless eyes with that same color as her hair. The most confusing part of this girl's appearance was her... cat tail? The tail's fur was the same color as the girl's hair... so was that a part of her? I couldn't say for certain, reminding myself that this is a dream. So anything can happen.

"... In truth, this isn't a dream. So you can stop telling yourself that, Eliza Xena."

I immediately become alarmed at that statement. Did... did she just read my mind? I know dreams are quite out there, but dreams don't usually tell you that they aren't dreams. Narrowing my eyes at the girl, who was seating herself at the chair across from me, I had to confirm my suspicions about this girl.

"And how would you prove that this isn't a dream? You're possibly a figment of my imagination, explaining why you would know my name and my current thoughts... If you are willing to prove me wrong, convince me that this isn't a dream... or at least prove that you are not a part of my dream."

A moment of silence tenses up between us, I kept my narrowed eyes at her form, wanting to get the answers I can get out of her. She didn't seem to be intimidated by my glare, only returning what I could tell to be a blank stare. Void of emotion. For a split second, I thought that the girl had let a small smile appear on her face...

"Your love, Blake Dormi, was killed by one of your own killers, Lapis Lazuli. That killer's name is a facade, a codename. An ironic truth, but Lapis Lazuli's real identity is Rinato Dormi, the little sister of Blake. She resents you in the inside for your supposed order to kill him. However, I know that you did not issue that kill order on your own lover..."

The silence grew even more as this was revealed to me. I didn't know what kind of trick this girl did to reveal this to me, to show these statements in some form of red projection, but the information wasn't something that I was expecting. All of this time... when Blake was telling me that he wanted to keep his little sister safe from this kind of business, she happens to be working the same kind of job under the Institute... under another name. Returning my uneasy gaze over at the girl, I had to accept the fact that she was telling the truth in some way or the other... because I couldn't think up any other way to explain that mess.

"... okay, so who are you? And what did you do to show... that in red words?"

The girl gave me a slightly annoyed look, probably asking meaningless questions. I just... wasn't sure how to take this all in.

"My name is Bernkastel, the Witch of Miracles. What I said to you in the red is called the Red Truth. What I said in the Red Truth, it is deemed the absolute truth and cannot be disproven."

Once again, the red words appeared again. If these were absolute truths, then she wasn't lying. Blake's own sister, Rinato, was ordered to kill him, and she thinks that I wanted it to happen. But I didn't.

"I did not take your sleeping consciousness to the Metaworld to answer petty questions, Eliza. I had other reasons for bringing you here."

Raising an eyebrow, I had no idea what to expect from a real Witch that wanted me... for some reason. I always thought that the real world was a mundane place, a place where happy endings and eventless times were only possible for a small percentage of people on the world. Where we advance in technology and yet live out our fantasies through fictional stories to escape from the painful grasps of the world's unforgiving play. To think that magic could exist... that there were other worlds out that from what Bernkastel said about a "Metaworld."

As if I was one of those prisoners within that story, the Allegory of the Cave, I feel as if I had been brought up out of the cave and into the light. It overwhelmed me, threatening to blind me whole, and yet, I knew that something will benefit me out of it all.

"Then say what you need to say to me."

Recollecting my composure, I show a tinge of wanting to know more of this towards Bernkastel. I want to know what she wanted to say to me, and it didn't matter... the wanting to know something that could be out of my own world felt... tempting.

"I took notice that you are in control of this Blood Institute, and that you have Rinato in your ranks. First off, I would like to point out to you, Eliza, that Rinato is not as normal as you may think. She bears a secret power to herself, and if you guide her in a way that she may not like, she does have to power to take you out before you can even realize it."

A click of my tongue out of annoyance, so Rinato could kill me at any point if she felt the need to? That wasn't good, and by Bernkastel's words, Rinato's powers sounded like something I shouldn't even dare reckoning with. If I can will her to my desires, then this would be an advantage for myself. But turned against me... I would be as good as dead... I give her a nod of acknowledgement, beckoning Bernkastel to continue with what she had to say.

"Despite what you may do to keep her for your own advantage, in some point in the future, she will either become too powerful for you to keep around... or that she willingly leaves your Institute to do her own biding... which can be against yours. Besides expanding the possibilities of what Rinato can do to end you, I came here to offer you a chance to empower you, to make you a force to be reckoned with in this multiverse."

A force to be reckoned with in the multiverse? For some reason as much as it didn't make much sense to me at the moment, I liked that idea... being all powerful. To be powerful. To be feared. To be the one in control. A tempting offer... and the thought of it made me wanting more of it already.

"That offer makes up two parts: my offerings and a task for you to gain more power. Now, what I offer is myself and several accomplices of mine to join your Institute. From there, your Institute will grow more than just a simple crime-family business. It will expand throughout the multiverse, where people can become clients and give the Institute targets to kill. All sorts of killers for you to deploy from there... exceptionally skilled or gifted, you will have them all."

I wasn't sure at first at this part of the offer, as I feared a bit on what would be the case of the new recruits turning against me such like the possibility of Rinato doing the same. However, Bernkastel saw this uncertainty in my head, and continued on.

"However, to counteract the possibility of you being overthrown, there is things you can do right away... gaining power from it. In short, you will have to commit sins for this, Eliza. You probably know the basics of the Seven Deadly Sins: lust, gluttony, pride, sloth, envy, greed, and wrath. Knowing that you aren't exactly the most pure of the people I have talked to, I have the notion that you can obtain the support of the deadly sins for your own power. It may seem out of your own league, but I am sure you can harness all seven sins to your own biding. By doing so, the demons that represent the sins will become your power..."

Committing sins to harness their power? It seemed quite out of the box for me, but now that I am talking to the Witch of Miracles, I supposed that this wasn't quite irrational as this whole meeting. However, I wondered about the powers of these sins combined and kept by me in the future...

"If I take on the task of obtaining the support of the Seven Deadly Sins, what can I do with that power? Can... can I bring back... Blake?"

Not seeming like a false perception of mine anymore, Bernkastel had a small smile appear on her face for a good amount of time.

"... you'll be surprised on what you can do with it. Not to say that the sins can do much on their own, but combine them with other... supernatural substances... and then... your beloved will be back from the dead. I cannot bring people back from the dead, if you were going to ask me that, because even if I have the magic of Miracles, I cannot bring someone back if there is no chance of a miracle to save them."

"You don't have to use your miracles to bring back Blake, Bernkastel. I'll make my own miracle to bring him back with what you told me about the Seven Deadly Sins. If it means that I'll dirty my own image completely with sins to bring him back, then that's what I'm going to do."

Standing up from my seat to show that I was ready to take own this task, I wanted all of the chances to bring back Blake... and also become powerful so that I can protect myself and Blake... The hunger for this power grew even more... with every thought I had on it.

"Then the deal is set between us. Expect a sudden wave of new recruits to your Institute soon, Eliza. That includes myself, as well..."

Bernkastel waved her hand towards my direction, a cluster of blue butterflies beginning to surround me. However, something about her... saying my real name didn't sound right. I had to correct her.

"Save yourself from saying Eliza, Bernkastel. From now on, to prevent my real name being dirtied so that I can be called that by Blake. My name now... is Exe."

Grinning widely at that new name, I give that look towards Bernkastel before I disappear from the Metaworld... my supposed dream.

From there, I numbed myself from the guilt of endlessly committing sins, all of the sins that I could. It took a while, but after months of committing sins, I felt a strange sensation in my body. So this is what Bernkastel told me about how this power would surprise me. The surprise soon washed away though, and I wanted more. I wanted more of the sins' power, so I continued to commit sins whenever I can. I needed to do this for myself... and Blake.

And now, after reading that entry, I remind myself with how much I did to obtain the sins' power. I have gotten more power than how I felt during the time of this entry. The power was so immense, and I haven't gotten its full extent of power just yet. My sins have all articulated into what I feel today...

My lust for Blake.

My gluttony for blood to be spilled for this cause.

My pride of being the head of the Blood Institute.

My feeling making people sleep forever like a sloth.

My envy of everyone else's happiness where I have none to look at purely.

My greed of the money and power pouring into the Institute.

Yet... I was missing one of the sins, I could tell. The emptiness from the spot that was meant for this one sin... it was urging me to fill up the spot immediately... the hunger for this one sin's power was immense.

Yet, I have not been able to gain the support of this one last sin through the other sins I've committed.

The Sin of Wrath... I need it... I want it...

I desire it.

The Sin of Wrath ... is going to be mine.​

-Third Thought-
"Paroxysm"

But how else would I have gotten a hold of this Vessel of Sin? This Sin of Wrath... Grimm the End. While I've failed to embody it, much like the other Sins, Wrath is the only one I've failed to show. But with the advice of Bernkastel before her disposal and the research I did towards the Seven Deadly Sins, I should be able to embody the Sin of Wrath once I've used it's Vessel's power enough that my own body can contain it.

Especially with the very person that embodies the actual demon within her body, I am sure that we can make use of her Wrath essence with the blood that we're being supplied with by the Healing Church. It was perfect. But thinking of the very first times after the death of Bernkastel that I've used Grimm the End, I remember that I still have a lot of work to do... and I had a limited time to do it before I can harness all of the Seven Deadly Sins into myself... Just like the Witch of Miracles had told me, I would be able to bring back my love from the dead... and determine how I can sway this multiverse into my whims...

Such things that I desired, my desires are seen as harms to some. Especially to some individual from the Metaworld... a Witch of Time...

With the manhunt for Lapis Lazuli going on, I saw myself the only one capable of dealing with a loose end to dispose of. Just like Bernkastel had done for me before her own disposal, she gave me the chance to recruit all sorts of people from all over the multiverse. However, while many accepted the requests to become a part of the Blood Institute, I had also expected that a few would reject the request entirely.

That was my task today, to dispose of the loose end, the person that rejected the request and now knows the existence of the Blood Institute. From what I know of her, she is known as Neopolitan, and has participated two times in the Murder Games. I happen to find it strange that she rejected the request, when she has experience in being in underground business... A real shame, but I know that I couldn't leave any individuals with the knowledge of the Blood Institute wandering about...

With that to keep in mind, I see my target not too far away, and to be exact, she didn't seem to mind that she was by herself in the dark of night. Alone. Perfect for a quick execution before anyone else would realize on what was happening. So, rather than to dwell on my prey, I suppose that I can make this quick after all.

My revolver latched to my belt, loaded with that one bullet that is the Grimm the End vessel transformed, I had a feeling that I would have to use it later. Instead, I activate the portable console that was also latched to my belt, creating a digital proxy... projected through a physical means. Blake made this prototype console for me, and with the help of Yukari, this gadget here is much better than it was before...

A single gesture, my digital knight would leap down to take a stab at Neopolitan.

As soon as the blade would strike at the seemingly unaware woman, a shattering noise of glass rung throughout the area, and in her place... glass shards scattered around. A decoy? No, it couldn't be, I saw her do nothing. An ability of hers? Possible. Assessing the situation as that Neopolitan was aware of the attacks being done at her, I was now unaware of what was to happen next, only to be warned seconds too late of the sounds of running footsteps behind my location.

Turning around, I see that my target had somehow gotten behind me, kicking me off of the rooftop that I was positioned on. Luckily for me, my digital proxy was able to catch me before I would have to make a rather rough landing, placing me back onto my feet so I would be free to do what I can.

Looking back at Neopolitan, I would watch her land to the ground with no problem, getting up on her feet and looking at me with a sly smile on her face. For a moment, I could've sworn that her eyes changed color... more like alternating the eyes with pink and brown... Fitting with her name and choice of clothing, but I'm afraid that it would be mixed in with a shade of red soon.

I back a step away, and my digital proxy charged at her again, its sword ready to go at her... However, she seemed to read it's intentions right away, leaping on top of my proxy, and using the hook end of her parasol to yank the sword away from it... effectively disarming it. Watching as the proxy's sword dissolved into nothing, I was starting to get the feeling that I would have to combat this woman myself. Having my proxy disappear, I would take my own chances to get a hit on her. It appeared that she had her own counter to this, but I was able to counteract that right away. As she prepared to cartwheel to my side in order to land a downwards kick at my head, I raised my hand to grab a hold of her ankle, lifting her over my body before slamming her into the ground.

While it was a subtle change, I felt that I was able to handle certain physical situations better, as if one or more of the Sins were powering me with strength that I never had before. With her on the ground, I try to take advantage of her on the ground by aiming a kick towards her own head, but that was foiled by the sudden opening of her parasol. I didn't think of it as much before, but as soon as my foot collided with the parasol, I was able to tell that this simple parasol was made with strong material... effectively making it into a shield for herself.

Until she got herself back onto her feet, she immediately closed the umbrella, allowing herself to get close to me again. Seeing that kicks were quite not my strongsuit, I aim a punch towards her gut, trying to stun her. However, she saw this and managed to grab a hold of my punching arm, pulling me close in order for her to deliver another swift but strong kick to my side, sending me to the ground. From this short fight alone, I could tell that fighting Neopolitan on evened grounds was not going to cut it. I needed to gain an advantage or else I'll be too tired enough to even chase her, she'll take this whole thing as an advantage to get away!

Assessing on what I needed to do, I distanced myself away from Neopolitan, focusing on the very things that I've done to gain the support of six of the seven sins... I felt my own humanity wash away, my sense of being wash away... I let the Sins figure out on how to dispose of Neopolitan for me. That was why I worked on getting them to become a part of me somehow...

Snarling like a wild beast, I lunge at her, clawing at her umbrella's defenses and eventually tossing it aside. There was no way that she was going to be able to beat the embodiment of the Six Sins that rested in me... Even with her glass-like illusions, I tore through them and managed to get myself on top of her, clawing and mauling her with the power of the sins... until I realized that her defense were all worn out by this... a strange aura leaving her temporarily.

I calm myself down... this was it, my chance to eliminate her before she would be able to tell anyone of the Blood Institute. Her eyes giving off a dazed look, I get myself onto my feet with a groggy feeling, pressing my foot onto her chest to keep her on the ground. It was set, I pull out the revolver that contained the Wrath-fueled bullet inside... the transformed Grimm the End. Tired but determined, I aim the firearm at her head, and rested my finger at the trigger.

Time stirred at this moment, making it feel like hours to me, but that was probably from the aftereffects of using the power of the six sins that I bore in my body... I just needed to pull the trigger and end it all for Neopolitan. However, I never would get to do that... time still felt off to me, and I saw why.

For a few seconds, I would see a strange girl that wore all blue come into view, I wasn't sure on where she came from, but she seemed to move faster than the natural flow of time. I prepare to aim at her instead, but before I could even pull the trigger the second after I aimed... she and Neopolitan were gone. Almost like illusions of time, but alas, they were gone...

Dammit...

I simply stood there, trying to make sense of it all. Even with that power, I couldn't get a single target with it... meaning that I truly needed the power of the Sin of Wrath in order to get stuff done myself. I needed it, after all. I stood there silently, ignoring the fact that Yukari had made a dimensional rift for me to travel through back to the Institute, but I had to think it all out.

Wrath was all I needed at this rate, and it was crucial if I were to get what I wanted in this damned multiverse.

-Fourth Thought-
"Pretense"

"Heeey! Are you listening to me, Eliza? You're all quiet for a moment... it's like you're rethinking your choices on meeting up with me here."

I instantly snap out of my thoughts, drifting out of my trance relating to my time reading through the journal entries of my past. Looking up from the table I was seated at, I look into the eyes of a Witch. The Witch of Certainty. Lambdadelta. What was I doing here again?

Oh right. Given that I had lost Bernkastel due to her own failures, I had the intentions of recruiting Lambdadelta into the Institute. Of course, she only knows as much as that Bernkastel had been deemed missing. I was careful enough to use Grimm The End to effectively erase the Witch of Miracles from all existence. From there, I'll see if Lambdadelta is any use to me, but given that she had wanted some... test to show that I was capable enough to be her employer... I didn't want to sway her the wrong way and accepted her challenge.

"Not at all, Lambdadelta. And please, do call me Evaline while we are here for this game you wish to put into motion. I wouldn't want my identity swimming around in the ranks of the Metaworld."

A nervous laugh came from the Witch, as if she weren't expecting that response from me. A mere human... yet infused with the embodiments of the Seven Deadly Sins... Wrath was almost a part of me, I just had to keep on using Grimm The End when necessary...

"Good. So are you ready to partake in the game itself? It shouldn't take so long. I can guarantee you that."

"Go ahead. I'm ready."

Almost immediately, I respond with that, further surprising here. She must've never seen a human that was so confident in a game that never truly existed for them. I didn't need to hear the rules either, I know it well enough. All I needed was a time for Bernkastel to speak of it to me before I disposed of her... it was all I needed.

"A-Alright then. Even if the rules aren't stated... I guess you'll figure it out..."

"Well... here's the premise. A man is alone in his room, which is locked. He stays there throughout the night, and by morning, people are to break through the locked door due to the lack of a key, finding the man dead on the floor. He is shot through the face, specifically at his right eye."

She then stops herself there, as that was all to share on this mystery that she had presented to me. Simple on paper, and by that, she must have a simple solution to this mystery. It was only a simple mystery, after all.

"... is there a killer to this mystery?"

I start off with that question, knowing that it must be confirmed. If it were a suicide, then I would have to ask on the existence of a gun and a key to the room.

"Yes. There is a killer to this mystery."

Lambdadelta responds with a Red Truth to confirm my thoughts, and I only smile in response. That narrows down a lot of possibilities, and thus, makes this mystery game much easier in my eyes. It was that simple.

"Was the killer ever inside the room?"

"The killer was never inside the room."

There was no need to use the Blue Truth here, I only had my questions to narrow down the theory I would have to state in the Blue. That way... I'll catch Lambdadelta off guard.

"Was the victim aware of the killer's presence outside?"

"The victim was only aware at the last second, but not as a killer."

As I pressed and pressed more onto this mystery before me, Lambdadelta was starting to feel nervous, as if I were hitting the right notes and clues here and there.

"Where exactly in the room did people find the victim's body?"

"... tch."

Lambdadelta was now hesitant to answer my question, my gaze never giving her a time to take a breath. I had to keep up the pressure, so I can beat her at her own game...

"The victim's body... was found by the only door in the room, which was also locked."

Almost there, I just needed to confirm one more detail...

"One last question I will ask... does this door have a peephole of some kind? A conventional peephole, to be exact."

"No. There isn't any kind of conventional peephole on this door..."

My smile curled up much more than I had ever since appearing here to meet with Lambdadelta. That was all I needed to know, and the game's result had already been decided from here.

"Blue Truth. The victim locked himself within his own room, wanting privacy from the outside. The killer saw no reason to enter the room, or breaking down the walls or windows. The killer wanted to execute a clean and evidence-free kill. The victim was unaware of the killer's presence until he heard a knock at the door. Curious to see who it was, the victim peeked through the keyhole of the door with his right eye. This allowed the killer to shoot through the keyhole, effectively killing the victim and through the right eye. As for the key, there was no need for the killer to have it, and that the victim had locked himself inside, it was most likely that the victim held the only key needed for others to go in. That is why the people wanting to get in had to break down the door, only to find the victim's body on the floor."

Lambdadelta's confidence shattered completely, I see that she wasn't wearing the certain grin on her face anymore... she didn't even have anything else to say to refute my theory.

"I believe that's checkmate, Lambdadelta."

Still, she had nothing to say, and I pulled out a contract that I had folded up in my pocket. We both knew the conditions of our game, that with my victory in this game, she would have to abide with the Institute. A forced alliance, but it was for a greater cause.

"... yeah, that's checkmate for our game. But I know something much more now."

I couldn't exactly see the uneasy expression she most likely had, but I immediately glance around myself to see all sorts of stakes floating around me... aimed towards my fragile body.

"You never asked for any rules in the beginning... you instantly took the Red Truth as the dire truth... and you used the Blue Truth without even saying how you know it. You have something to do with my missing Bern, is that it?!"

Dammit, so there was another purpose with this game, and it was to see if I had any prior knowledge of how to play a mystery like this. I should've seen this coming... but I guess my pride got ahead of me once again. At the very least, I had a way out of this.

"... Oh, I do. Be certain with what I have to say, Lambdadelta... I erased the Witch of Miracles, Bernkastel, from existence, and it only took one single bullet."

A horrid scream of despair rung throughout our game room, and before Lambdadelta could end me with those stakes that would for sure kill me, I was gone. Gone from the Metaworld and back into the office I acquainted myself with at the Institute headquarters.

"That was a risky encounter, Exe. Was telling the Witch of Certainty the truth of Bernkastel's disappearance necessary? She could spread this around in the Metaworld..."

Yukari was a powerful piece in my hands, able to manipulate boundaries... and was able to pull me out of that situation with a single gesture. Esper would do the same... but knowing his unstable personality, he most likely would've pulled me out after I had taken in some damage... On the case of revealing such a fact to Lambdadelta...

"It's fine. It shouldn't be long until I gain the power of the Sin of Wrath, and once I do, not even the Metaworld could hold a light to what I can do."

It was all I wanted, to become powerful and feared. These Sins enabled that for me... and with that, I can achieve the revenge onto Lapis after all of this time...​

-Final Thought-
"Petrify"

"Eliza? ... Eliza, wake up! Open your eyes!"

That voice... it couldn't be... There was no way... it could be...

"... B-Blake... is... is that you?"

My eyes fluttering open with anticipation for what I would see, I froze at the shock of seeing my dead love... in front of my sight. Alive... and well. It... it was too good... to be true, right? That night, I saw him dead, ruthlessly stabbed all over by Lapis Lazuli. Was this a dream, a hallucination? Despite knowing miracles were possible if there was such thing as a Witch of Miracles, I didn't want to think that this was a miracle, that he was here before me now. I worked hard, following the directions to obtain the Seven Deadly Sins for myself... but I didn't think that it would truly make a miracle such as this.

"Yes, it's me, Eliza. You don't have to freak out so mu-"

I didn't hesitate any further, regardless if this was true or not. I immediately pull Blake into a hug, I didn't want to let go. He was here with me... after all of this time... Happiness finally made place into me, and I wasn't going to let it go a second time. Not again...

"You have NO idea how much I... I missed you, Blake... I missed everything that we... we used to do... before that one night... The entire world... it's so cruel... l-letting this... happen to us... separating us... it hurts so much..."

I trembled all over the place, my voice couldn't stop being briefly interrupted by my sobs... my legs would give away from the shock of this, leaving me to hold onto my beloved to stay standing. My eyes were covered in the constant tears I shed, tightening my hug to him as I closed my eyes, the tears continued to stream down my face.

"Shhh... it's going to be okay, Eliza. You don't need to cry so much..."

This is what I lusted to hear for so long, his wonderful voice. My senses for the surroundings here, I ignored them. I focused sorely on my beloved. I was always a glutton for his words, wanting to hear them more and more... just as much as I wanted to have him stay with me for all eternity...

"It is going to be okay... I worked so hard... I first didn't believe that a miracle can happen... to bring you back... In a world so cruel, it's hard to get things through good deeds and whatnot. We both know that, we both worked in a shady business, carrying out orders to kill others... Whether or not this is going to work, I'm going to bring you back for real... and not only in this... dream... this hallucination..."

I opened my eyes again, just to see his beautiful face taking up my entire view. A confident and genuine smile curled up on my face...

"These sins... these Seven Deadly Sins... they'll bring you back. I'll put everything back the way it should be, and we'll be happy forever. Forever and ever and ever."

Then I thought my mind was playing tricks with me, messing with what I saw next. Blake's face went from a blissful and gentle expression... to one of definite worry and disappointment. What was wrong? Was it something that I said? Did he not know what I planned to bring him back? Did he not understand these new things that can fix everything? I let go of him, out of my hug, but I took a hold of his hand... tugging on it briefly.

"... Blake? Are you... alright?"

For a moment, his worry became horror, but nervously transitioned back to his gentle smile. I could see the uncertainty in him... why was he so uncertain now?

"I'm alright... it's just that... Eliza, you don't have to do all of this... for me. This isn't what I wished for you to do with yourself... It's fine that you miss me... you think of me... but sooner or later, you need to move on."

I froze. So Blake didn't approve of what I was trying to do for him? But didn't he miss me too? I had so much work done, and now... now I'm being told to stop... As if what could be a single beautiful seashell being pulled away by a sudden tide, my happiness was washed away at this very instant. And with my happiness... my closeness to Blake would soon follow. I felt his hold around my hand loosen and pull away slowly... I felt that he was getting further and further away from me.

It began to hurt again. I began to hurt again.

"No... Not again! Blake, you'll see that it's all worth it. Never have I stopped. Never have I forgot. Never have I moved on from trying to mend what we lost! My blood, my sweat, my tears, I put it all into what I had gotten so far, and I'm so proud of it. I'll create a perfect paradise for us two, and everybody else that decides to ruin it all... they're better off burn in hell. You'll agree with me once I bring you back."

The more I yelled to ensure that my words reached him, Blake only got further and further away from my reach, ushering me to run after him. An invisible cruel force... it was dragging him away... the cruel hand of fate, I'll destroy that concept of fate with my own hands... one day, to ensure Blake would never be taken away from me again.

"I'm not doing this for myself or for some other low life! I'm doing this for the both of us, because we had something together. Something that was perfect and bound to sprout into a wonderful life that we can share! Don't you dare do this to me now, Blake! I've gotten so far and I'm not going to stop. You'll understand it all soon!"

I see that Blake was no longer being dragged away, allowing me to catch up to him. However, he now appeared disgusted towards me, disgusted with what I had to say. Did he not like what I had planned for the both of us? Did he not like the idea of being brought back with what I had worked so hard to obtain? Slowly, I don't move as Blake leans over to whisper into my ear, his voice sending shivers down my spine...

"You've changed, Eliza, for... the worse. I don't see the old Eliza in you... anymore."

With that whisper said, I see him disappear with the wind, turning into thin air in an instant. His words piercing through my heart, Blake didn't feel the same for me. It hurt more than the pain that I felt... from missing him so much.

"Please... don't go..."

I drop to my knees, burying my face into my hands... my voice winding down to unsteady sobs.

"... I miss... loving you... Blake."

~*~*~*~

The ringing of my cell phone woke me up from what felt like a terrible nightmare. It must be a terrible nightmare, trying to will me out of doing this for Blake. It must be. There was no way that the real Blake would say that to me. He would be so proud of me, devoting my life to bring him back. He would be happy to have a second chance to live out life with me...

Reassuring myself with these thoughts, I reach for my phone and see that it's a call from Add. That esper probably wanted something to do again. So, I answered the call.

"What is it, Add?"

/"Heya Exe~ I totally kept up with investigating this one girl that you told me to follow around. After all the eavesdropping around, it's a given that Clarith Netsuma has a good portion of the Wrath essence in her. All I need now is your approval to go and fetch her over. I mean, think about it this way, Exe. We might run the risk of draining all of the Wrath essence from Nemesis Sudou, and she's the current holder of the actual demon of Wrath. Clarith, however, she only has the essence, the influence of Wrath in her. We can keep Nemesis in stasis while we extract the essence from Clarith instead. So? How about it?"/

Of course, Add had a lot to say, he was quite the erratic one. But even with the most mentally unstable of the Institute, I felt that there was some strange tinge of importance in Add's voice. As if he were... obsessed with Clarith in the first place... It was hard to say, because to be brutally honest, I don't even know how that mind of his works.

"Sure, go ahead. Capture Clarith Netsuma alive."

Giving Add this order, I immediately cut the phone line between us. It was all that he needed to hear, my approval. With that out of the way, I decided to read through the event logs for certain other targets on my personal hit list. It hasn't been long since we had gained some more support in the terms of information collection, especially through the medium of data. More or less, I only enlisted the help of this technological recon for the exact need of tracking down Lapis Lazuli. After all, I felt well aware that she is and will always be a thorn to my side, preventing me from having my happiness and peace.

There was new information about Lapis Lazuli today, more information for me to keep track of in terms of figuring out what Lapis had been up to. I read through it. The encounter between Will and Lapis, I knew about that one already. I had Esper resolve that encounter when it became clear that Lapis would end Will's life, and Will was a valuable asset. However, this next piece of information, the latest update on Lapis... it was more indirect. Lapis was not sighted here, but rather... talked about.

I open the link that was recorded for this entry, and I watch it in silence. Footage of a simple apartment. A lone boy sitting at a couch with what appears to be a pet cat. I listen to what the boy had to say in this footage clip.

"Man, it's been super quiet lately, huh? Lapis should've told me that she would be off on a huge trip, she always runs off without telling us. You agree with me on that one, right Gnar?"

That cat-like creature, which was called Gnar by the boy, it gave off a noise that sounded like it was agreeing with him.

"Guess we'll have to wait for her, because I don't know where she went. I just hope she's fine. She is like my beloved diamond in my life, and I'll hate to hear that she got herself into trouble again."

With a tired sigh, the boy soon brightened up and glanced at Gnar.

"Once she gets back, Gnar, we have to team up and pin down Lapis with all the cuddles we can give her, alright? All to make up the time we lost with her being gone all of a sudden."

I couldn't watch it anymore, I immediately backed out of the footage that was retrieved here. This was more of a stab to the back than anything else, and not from Lapis... but from the cruel world. Why is it that I was denied a happy and easy love life with Blake... and that Lapis could easily have a relationship with this other boy and love him so much even after killing my beloved and her own brother?! It wasn't fair!

All the more reason to be envious of Lapis Lazuli... all the more reason to show her my wrath...

It wouldn't be long for Lapis to return from that strange detour that Add had set her off to be on, but I needed to get back at her somehow. I first thought of killing her boyfriend and her pet, the location was printed onto the footage I saw. However... would that make me any better than Lapis Lazuli? She did the same to me... No, I wouldn't stoop down to her level, despite my involvement with the sins. All I wanted was to kill Lapis, and once that was done, killing her boyfriend and her pet... that would be icing on the cake for me.

Besides, Blake and I deserved to be happy in the first place, not Lapis and this other boy. Using the information I knew about Lapis's return point... returning from that detour that Add had set her on, I took all of my gear that I use for battle confrontations, and immediately set off to cut away this sad little thorn from the world.

Then... then I will be happy with the love of my life again.

~*~*~*~

It is possible to change greatly in "Thing that becomes a luminous color from a dark color" even if my existence is small.
Now will grow in the future even if it is small.

~End~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back