Akashic Arcana Into Wonderland

JessieJames

Dream as if you were dying.
The sweet scent of flowers greeted her as she stepped from the maintenance passage for the train that ran from the mainland to the island that housed the greatest school in the entire world. Dark brown eyes with hints of purple danced over the vast gardens that made up the entrance. It was like stepping into another world all together. Suppressing a squeal of happiness she all but trotted over to a flower bed to lean down for a sniff of the large roses that bloomed there.

Her long currently sea blue-green hair was pulled into low pig tails on either side of her head secured by ribbons of hot pink and black. She was dressed in a short pleated skirt of black with a tee of hot pick. A hoodie a size too big was thrown on over the outfit with the hood pulled up over her head to show off the pronounced black cat ears sewn to it. The rest of the hoodie was a white and black stripes running laterally. On the back in more hot pink print was her favorite band 'The Pretty Reckless'.

Despite not wanting to be caught Yuuki Kuro wasn't been very cautious. She hummed as she continued to look over the various flowers and things before her. The vibrant colors pleased her greatly as she touched the petals with her finger tips. Standing up she continued to stroll around the flower beds. She was glad that she had convince Grimm to show her the service entrance to the train so she could see what her brother was up to. A bag of Star Juice well spent in her opinion. In the regard of getting what she wanted from others she was good at it. Some even compared her to her brother in that regard.

Shirosaki Kuro would flip his lid if he knew his sister was breaking and entering as well as bribing others to do as she wanted. After all he didn't talk about how he got the money to live in his own apartment but it wasn't like she didn't know of his hay days with the notorious street gang the Hollows. He attempted to keep her out of the loop and even forbid his members of mentioning it after he stepped down. But like in all groups there was always that one person that would squeal if squeezed the right way. In this case it was his second Grimm Black a second generation Japanese American that enjoyed his exotic looks but despised his American heritage.

Sighing she glanced about for something else to catch her attention. Shiro was supposed to be at school today but she wasn't sure where he was. Humming a song to herself she continued her way through the vast flower beds.

Keilantra strolled about the main entrance to campus, needing to clear her mind after hours of meditating and Magic History homework. Her long black dress draped over her thin frame, a black umbrella hovering above her head as it rested on the hollow of her shoulder, and her blue eyes hid behind dark sunglasses. It was a rather eerie way to look in the middle of one of the most picturesque parts of the island.

However Kei rather enjoyed this path mostly because she got to see new faces, with a school as big as this one, the influx of people that got off the train where always different and therefore were always a sight to see.

How interesting... she said as her eyes caught a glimpse of a young girl, her hair pulled into low hanging piggy tails.

She knew it was rude to stare, but the girl didn't appear like someone from around here, yet... in a way it seemed like she could be a student. The girl was looking around, and not yet gotten a glimpse of her.

Viola Facett was on the prowl for potential club members, or patrons. She'd already been through the dormitories, the cafeteria, the gymnasiums and even a couple of clubs. So far, either everyone had been too busy for a club, or they didn't have any interest in alchemy. It had almost been enough to keep her down, but she was still hopeful that she'd be able to make an impact on the world of tea. The alchemy part wasn't that important.

Her quest took her down to the entrance of the school, as she was certain she could garner up some more attention if she went into town. Attract some of the locals to the benefits of a product she hadn't been able to create yet.

It was there that she saw Yuuki, and for a brief moment she felt that all the pieces had fallen into place.

Viola's eyes lit up like two bright shining spotlights of happiness and their lights illuminated the young girl, banishing the metaphorical darkness that had been her day. Her lips parted and she let out what could only be described as a mix between a cheer and a squeal before she rushed over to greet the girl.

"Hi, I'm Viola!" Viola spoke, smile growing with every word that spewed out of her mouth. "You look like a first year. Are you? I'm one too. I like your clothes, where did you get them? Or those ears custom?" At some point, she had wanted to throw in a clever segue to boast about her club, but she already forgot about that.

A large blue and black butterfly caught her attention making her gasp in surprise as she followed it around. After a moment or two she noticed a girl in all back. A Gothic girl perhaps. Her outfit was cute in the eyes of the color loving teenager who smiled widely when she notice the other was staring at her. Giving a wave she told herself to act natural and friendly perhaps they wouldn't ask anything she wouldn't have to lie about. Oh how much her brother would shame her if she did such a thing as lie. Well that was if he caught her...

That was when she felt it. The all too well known creeper stare was upon her. She blinked then glanced behind her towards another person who was suddenly a lot closer than she imagined asking questions she didn't have answers to. She took a step back to put distance between herself and the over zealous woman. She threw her hands up in an effort to get the questions to slow down or at least stop. Taking another step back was a disaster. She hadn't noticed the flower bed surrounded koi pond and landed on her backside in it after a comical display of arms flailing and attempted shouts for help.

Yuuki came up sputtering and spewing water a small koi caught in the hood of her hoodie. She clawed at the side of the pond as she cleared her lungs of the water she inhaled. Damn. Now she was soaked and smelled like fish. After a moment she got the fish out of her clothes and glared a scowl that looked so much like her brother it was likely the only way to two looked any thing alike, "One question at a time," A cough to clear more water from her throat, "And a towel would be great."

Poor Yuuki looked just like a wet cat as she heaved herself out of the pond and started wringing water from her hair and clothes. Her day trying to find out what Shiro did all day at school was ruined in a few seconds. She sighed.

Kei's cheeks flushed a pale rose color as she was caught staring at the young girl. It was born out of pure curiosity, really, but it was typical of her to be caught mid-stare since people watching happened to be her favorite hobby.

Swallowing the embarrassment, she started making her way over to the young girl as she waived.

Maybe next time I won't stare like an absolute fool, she thought to herself as she walked towards the girl.

Just as she took a couple steps her blue eyes darted behind the girl, another young woman seemed to be approaching the girl. Coming to a halt she watched as the girl was bombarded by what seemed like an overwhelming interrogation of sorts, the young girl's expression was confused and as she stepped back, and fell into the koi pond that resided behind the flower beds.

Oh no, poor thing, she rushed over as fast as she cool without dropping her umbrella, the sun shining high above her as the now soaking colorful girl crawled out of the pond and tried to get the excess water off her clothes and hair.

"Are you okay?" Keilantra spoke softly, her settle Romanian accent making her words sound floaty and soft like the white mane of hair that framed her round face. Pushing her sunglasses up and off her face, her blue eyes filled with worry for the young girl.

The over abundance of energy that had been welling up inside of Viola from the moment she'd laid eyes on Yuuki had nearly vanished as quickly as it had come, imploding in on itself as the girl fell backwards into the pond. Inside of her, there was a mixture of shock, horror and confusion. She looked even cuter after she was soaked.

There was a sharp intake of air as Viola began to have a little mini-panic attack. She glanced back towards the dorms, then towards the academy building where she took her classes. None of them were close enough to be of real assistance.

I could pick her up and fly really fast. No... maybe an air poof spell? Equally as bad. Her ideas raced, each one getting turned down the second it popped up. Her best ideas either involved free falling, or flying to the dorms as quickly as possible.

It was then that Viola noticed Keilantra. "I accidentally made her fall into the pond!" she exclaimed, as if it wouldn't be obvious at first glance what happened. "Do you have anything that we can use to dry her off? Warm her up?" Where were all the pyromancers when you needed one?

Yuuki glance up at the two girls and frowned slightly as she looked between the two. She was grateful she was worried for but she didn't care for the fact that they were staring at her like a lost child who needed soft words and a pat on the head to keep from crying. Taking a deep breath she let it out slowly, "I'm fine besides being soaked to the bone and in need of a change of clothes."

The hair on the back of her neck stood up slightly as she glanced behind her. She stared with a puzzled expression at where she could have sworn she felt none other than her older brother. But no one stood there. It may have just been her own guilty thoughts playing tricks on her. Her attention was drawn back to the blue eyed white haired girl. She was beautiful and reminded her of a fairy tale princess or something. Her accent washed over her in a soft calming tone. She smiled softly back at her before glancing to the other that looked like she was about ready to fall over dead from panic, "Really you should calm down. I know it was an accident. Just breath alright? I'm not gonna die from a bit of water you know?"

She glanced to the Romanian female for assistance in this matter. The teenager shrugged out of her coat deciding it was best to get the wet object off than attempt at wearing it. Twisting it in her hands she rang out more of the pond. A sneeze escaped her before she could do anything about it. It was still early spring which wasn't the best time of the year for a quick swim. She blinked slightly at how embarrassing that was before she shivered as if just noticing how cold she was, "Do either you have a change of clothes I can barrow and perhaps a shower?"

No sooner than she said it the sound of a soft bottomed sneakers landing on the raised stone wall around the flower garden behind her rang sharply. A shadow eclipsed her much smaller form as she glanced back then up long lithe legs clad in loose black sweat pant towards the hands in pockets. She noticed the tattooed chain around the male's right wrist and turned quickly around.

Shirosaki was a formidable looking male that loomed over most and simply towered over his little sister. His long white hair was left down today the silken locks falling around his face and over his bare shoulders as he stared down at Yuuki's head from pools of black with golden iris eyes, "Yuu- chan what are you doing here?" His voice wasn't angry but certainly wasn't kind either. It had a roughness that conveyed he likely had been doing what he was best known for till he spotted the blue hair that could only belong to his sibling, "Does Grimm known you've come here? I'll have to kick that cat's ass if he does he can't watch you if you're here."

"But Shiro-nii! I came to see you!" It was a lie that no one but Shiro would catch. The girl and Grimm Black had been trying for years to figure out if he had a girlfriend --or a boyfriend as the case was often presented by Grimm. If they found out he didn't have one they would likely try hooking him up with any and every person they could find. His gaze narrowed as she turned around and did her best to stare him down while shivering on the spot like a wet cat.

He laughed at her, "Just who the hell do you think you are talking to Yuuki? Damn soaked to the bone and my place isn't on the island as you know."

She gave him a pouting expression in which he adverted his gaze. Of all the things he couldn't handle the pouting face from her. It was damn near worse than her puppy eyes. He twisted to stare further away as she leaned around to look at him with those large cute eyes. Curse her. She was his bloody weakness. Cute things that were more colorful than a rainbow.

"Shi-nii..." She pouted and he facepalmed.

"Can one of you take care of her while I go get her some damned clothes?" He asked without looking at his sister.

Kei's eyebrow raised as the young woman appeared to be ready to have some sort of anxiety attack.

"It'll be okay, hon," she smiled thinly at her, trying to calm her down as Yuuki rang her jacket, water spilling weakly from it as a small sneeze left the young girl's nose. Making her shiver in reaction to being both soaking wet and now without a jacket.

Kei reached into her bag, pulling out a maroon hand-knit cardigan she took everywhere just in case the night fell upon her and the weather wasn't agreeing that day. Just as she did that, a tall male approached her. She did not recognize him, but somewhere in the back of her head she could've sworn she has seen him somewhere before, maybe in the main hall or near the library, but perhaps she was just

The interaction between the two appeared that they were siblings, but the spirits that surrounded her noted how the auras of the two were so scarcely different that it would be impossible to tell from just observing the two without any actual interaction.

How interesting... she thought as the pair conversed.

Kei's bubble of thought was popped as the white haired man directed his voice at her and the young panicked woman, his darkly coloured eyes directed away from who she assumed was his sibling.

"I'll look after her," Kei said as she handed the cardigan at the young girl, "...I'll look after both of them." Her eyes looking over at Viola, a small smile across her lips.

Viola was quickly winding down, her over-nurtured sense of desire having hit its limit. The mixture of excitement and the frenzy that followed canceled each other out. Leaving her in a state that was... well, still a little excitable.

"I'm so sorry. Sometimes I just get so excited about an idea that I just lose control sometimes and get so lost in it. My Uncle used to joke that he should carry around a spray bottle and shoot me with it like a cat whenever I'd get into a mood like this." She laughed a little. "I'm probably the one that deserves the fall in the pond."

Then Shirosaki seemed to appear out of nowhere, and his presence demanded her attention: his pale skin, the ivory hair, those golden eyes. He was something that she never had seen before, a fascinating subject, more like a wild lion in the Safari. He was---

"Huh?" Viola glanced over at Keilantra, thinking back on the last thing she had actually heard. "Oh yes. We should take her to dorms, she could use one of our showers....I wouldn't want to leave now, seeing as how I'm the cause of it."

Shirosaki glanced at the two girls he was leaving his sister with and tilted his head slightly, "Alright," he pulled out his ORB and held it out for them to put their information so he could find them after he got back onto the island. After taking back his ORB he put it on his arm band. His head phones hung about his neck half hidden by his hair. Only the splash of neon green gave them away. His gaze finally shifted to his sister, "Stay with them and don't cause them any trouble."

After that he hopped down from his makeshift soap box and headed towards the trains that would take him to the mainland. Yuuki watched brother go before sticking her tongue out at his back. She loved him more than she could express but that didn't mean she had to like him in the current moment. Who did he think he was getting off on telling her how to behave? She hadn't hurt anyone!

Sighing she turned to the two she was in the care of, "I'm sorry for being a bother," She states as she bows deeply to them, "Thank you for watching out for me. Shi-nii is grateful as well."

She smiled then as she stood straight, "I'm Yuuki Kuro by the way."

Kei giggled softly as Viola talked about her uncle trying to condition her by spraying her like a cat.

"Your uncle sounds like a fun man," she joked with a smile on her rosy lips.

Upon helping Shiro input her info into his ORB, she watched him intently as he walked away, interested in him like a scientist in an experiment.

The silence surrounding her breaking by Yuuki's apology and introduction. Kei's eyes drawn back to the colourful teen, "You have nothing to apologize about, it's no bother."

"My name is Keilantra, or Kei for short," she bowed her head slightly at the girls, "it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, both of you."

She took initiative by walking towards the dorm rooms, taking a second to make sure that the girls followed. She was a shadow in front of the girls, her dress covering only above her almost translucent knees. The umbrella above her still covering her body from the warm sun.

Viola stared out after Shirosaki and watched him walk off, idly wondering if he'd ever enjoy drinking tea with her. Sitting in her club-room in the late afternoon. She'd imagined it would be a very relaxing evening, spent with much soul searching.

The idle fancy gone, she turned to the other two girls and started walking with them back to the dorms. She pasted her permanent smile back on her face and reintroduced herself. "I'm Viola Facett. Though I'm sure I've already said that. I'm the president of AlcheTea. We're in the business of mixing alchemic potions with different teas, combining the strength of alchemy while maintaining the smooth, refreshing taste of tea."

"If any of you want to stop by my club, you're more than welcome to. It's a lot of fun." Viola may have just been pimping out her club the entire time, but it was hard to deny the passion in her voice or the gleam in her eyes.

Yuuki began to follow the darkly dressed girl she learned to be call Kei. She smiled at the name it was beautiful to her ears especially when said by the Romanian girl. Her gaze shifted to the girl next to her who was chattering again happily, "Pleasure. AlcheTea? I'm not sure how that would go for me," She frowned slightly. This was the problem about being magicless in a world where magic was the norm, "I like tea and Shi-nii makes the best peppermint cocoa tea I've ever had. It warms you up and calms you down."

Not only did she not have magic, she wasn't a student at this school and likely would never be. She glanced down at her wet sneakers as she walked. Being magicless seemed to be rare as even her parents could perform simple magic. Perhaps that was why... She shook her head to keep herself from completing that thought. She had people who loved her and would do anything to keep her safe, "Where are you two from?"

"AlcheTea?" She asked and looked over her shoulder, smiling at Viola curiously, "that sounds fun, I would love to try it out sometime"

It was not often she showed interest in clubs and things of the sort, but alchemy and tea happened to be things she grew interested in during her travels with her father.

At Yuuki's question, she turned around and proceeded to wall backwards almost perfectly, the spirits whispering the directions to ensure she wouldn't run into anyone or anything.

"I'm of Romanian descent, but I was raised between Haven and the Union," she smiled thinly at the thought of her home in Haven, "you can probably tell by my accent though..."

She grinned at her statement, her accent being one of her most favorite attributes.

Peppermint Cocoa Tea...

Viola repeated the name a few dozen more times in her head, making sure she memorized it. She needed to find some recipes tonight, because she absolutely had to try and taste it it. For reasons.

That done, she was free to join the conversation about where they came from. "Oh! Well, I was born in Florida. But my father was in the Air Force, so I had to move around a lot..." she paused, "at one point I lived with my aunt in Iceland. That was fun."

"What about you, Yuuki?" Viola asked, eagerly waiting to hear a reply.

Yuuki nodded slightly as Kei spoke, "Your accent is very pretty," She states before looking to Viola. Her whispered muttering made the teen pause for a moment before smiling at her. Viola was American it seemed. Rubbing her hands over her arms she continued to follow the pair, "I'm a native japanese," She replied, "My brother has a friend who's dad is from the America as well."

Her mind flitted back to Grimm for a moment and hoped her brother wasn't about to beat the crap out of her adoptive brother. She couldn't remember a time when the blue haired boy hadn't been at her brother's side. At times she wondered if they were lovers but even if they were it was clearly not in the same realm as lovers that longed to be openly romantic. Also by Grimm's actions of helping her try to pair her brother with anyone interested stated to her more clearly where the two men stood with each other.

"Are you new to the school, Yuuki?" Kei asked casually as she continued walking in front of them, "I would assume you're a first year, no?"

The dorms were not very far from where they were, but the crowded areas surrounding them almost made it feel like it took an eternity to get to them. The students and people that saw Keilantra tended to move away, almost part the sea of people as soon as everyone noticed who was walking between them.

She wasn't too affected by this, but it made her blush in almost embarrassment to realize that the girls would probably notice the way people avoided her like an omen... After all... she was able to create monsters out of thin air.

Viola let herself get lost in the flow of their conversation as her mind raced through possible points of conversation and her body went into autopilot. Keilantra, their unspoken leader, could've walked her off the edge of a cliff and she may not even notice until she hit the ground. The way people gave them, or rather gave Keilantra, room didn't even register in her mind.

"Then you must feel at home here. It's my first time in these lands though, it's awfully pretty." Viola chimed in with her first opinions of the lands around. Thanks to her flight ability, when she had free time she found herself exploring a lot of their surrounding country.

There may have been more to that review, but she was more interested in finding out what year Yuuki was in.

Yuuki sighed heavily, "I'm not a student here," She states, "I'm 16 years old so I'm still in my sophomore year of high school."

Her gaze dances over the parting people. It rubbed her the wrong way causing her to clench her teeth. These people were acting like Kei had some sort of disease they might catch if she touched them. She growled under her breath as she sped up her pace till she could take the paler woman's hand in her own. Despite it being cold to the touch she kept her grip as she pulled the female to a stop and cut a glare at the people who still stared, "Fuck off," She growled, "And learn some damned manners."

Her tone was clearly direct to those who were afraid of Kei for whatever reason. As many of the kids finally looked away and moved on to their destinations. Yuuki smiled and looked to Kei, "You really shouldn't ignore them when they look at you like that. Rip them a new one that's what my brother always does."

Ah.... that's why she appears different... Keilantra noted as she heard the young girl replying to her earlier question.

It was strange to have the colorful girl defend her against the one thing Keilantra knew all too well, the rejection from the people around had become a natural reaction that stopped bothering her altogether... yet her cheeks flushed a light red as Yuuki's small warm hand wrapped around her own. The group of students shying away as the young girl snapped at them with disgust in her voice.

Kei smiled down at Yuuki before looking ahead as she replied, "Humans fear the unknown and death, those are the two most commonly associated things with people like me," she said softly but loudly enough that Viola would hear her too, "violence would just prove to them that I am in fact an unknown form of death. So I just let them think of me as a hypothesis, not as a fact."

The dorm was not far now, the large white building surrounded by mostly girls from around their age, the large trees surrounding it providing assorted forms of shading as they approached it.

Last edited:
Back