Legend of the Blade

Draco Shadowdragon

Unknown Entity
Legend of the Blade is a free world MMORPG. After the beta test it received raving reviews. Now almost everyone owns a copy of the game at home. The day of the games launch though a terrorist group hijacked the game and trapped everyone in the game with no way to logout. Rumors say that if you defeat the final boss the logout button will come again. And if you die in the game you respawn like normal but you lose a little bit of your memory each time. After you run out of memories you die in real life. At the beginning you choose a God/Goddess to worship. The deity you choose to worship will grant you four powers of your choice (as long as I approve of them) that reside in their domain. You may choose up to two deities to worship but you still only are allowed four powers.

Deities:

Lodern, God of Fire
Aqua, Goddess of Water
Blitz, God of Electricity
Eisen, God of Metal
Erde, Goddess of Earth
Tuuli, Goddess of Wind
Lärm, God of Sound
Sota, God of War
Palvonta,Goddess of Love
Alus, God of the Arts
Uinua, Goddess of Sleep
Armo, God of Mercy
Klugheit, God of Diplomacy
Temppuga, God of Tricks
Ehre, Goddess of Virtue
Paranemista, Goddess of Healing
Sairaus, God of Illness

Races:

You can choose just about any race as long as it isn’t overpowered.
Be creative if you want. You can create your own race as long as you run it by me first and I approve. All created races must be bipedal.

Weapons:

Renaissance era weapons
You can be creative here as well. Feel free to invent your own weapon as long as it’s Renaissance era and I approve it.

Locations:

Alkaa(Al-kuh)- this is the town everyone starts in. If you die you respawn in this town.
Vrusland(Vrooz-land)- This town is to the north of Alkaa. This town is know for it’s markets.
Flares(Flah-rez)- This town is to the south of Alka. This town is known for it’s armories.
Zia(Zeye-uh)- This town is to the northwest of Alkaa. This town is known for it’s wildlife.
Tharitas(Thar-eet-ahs)- This town is to the southwest of Alkaa. This town is known for it’s dueling ring.
The Unknown- Not much is known about what is to the east of Alkaa. Everyone who tries to venture to the east is stopped by some unknown force and a message saying, “Not qualified to enter at this time.”

Name:
Optional if the race doesn’t have genders
Age: How old is your character in the real world? How old is he in the game? Real life age is one factor that determines how many memories your character has.
Race: What race is your character? Be creative if you want, just run any created race by me first. All races must be bipedal
Appearance: What does your character look like?
Relationships: Optional
Role: What role does your character play in the game?
Personality: How does your character act?
Deities Worshiped: What deity, or deities, does your character worship?
Abilities/Powers: What powers does your character have?
Skills: What is your character good at?
Equipment: What kind of weapon does you character use? Armor? Thing your character tends to carry?
Weaknesses: Must have at least two.
Bio/History: What was your character’s past like? Had your character played in the beta test. Your character’s history is the other factor that determines how many memories your character has. Must be at least a paragraph

Other:

I'm new to GMing so I'm looking for some Co-GMs as well, maybe like 2 or 3.

Last edited:
This sounds really interesting! It's like sword art online but better in a way, I mean, you don't die immediately after dying in game. Where do I sign up? :D

Can I join?
(Well the Bio/History is still work in progress, I need some time to think of his bio/history)

Name: Erkeiz
Race: High Elf.

Appearance:
captain_telarion__high_elf__by_tabithadrambel-d5vf4p3.jpg

Personality:
  • Self-righteous
  • Charitable
  • Busybody
  • Anxious
  • Quick-tempered

Deities Worshiped:
  • Blitz, God of Electricity
  • Eisen, God of Metal

Abilities/Powers:
  • Haste - Increased speed over a limited period of time. (moderate cooldown, cost moderate mana)
  • Lightning - Shoots several rays of lightning to enemies, or to enhance weapons for a limited duration. (shorter cooldown, cost slightly higher mana)
  • Iron Curtain - Covers the user with metals enhanced with some magics, making him more resistant to most attacks as well as empowering his electrical powers. But this in turn making him more susceptible to water, as well as reducing his overall performance and draining a lot of mana. (long cooldown, cost very higher mana.)
  • Fist of Lightning - Summons a big enough fist made of metal, further enhanced with lightning, towards a target. The Fist is under control of the user -- they can grip a few targets, carry some items, punch a cluster of targets, block attacks, etc. (longer cooldown, last for five minutes, cost highest mana)

Equipment:
  • Backpack
  • Mace
  • Sabre
  • Daggers

Weaknesses:
  • Quite short-ranged.
  • Weaker in direct combat.
  • His Hastened speed does not always work on all surfaces, like ice or strong adhesives, which can make it hard to control or slow him down.
  • Dependent on mana, and quite a heavy mana user.
  • Cannot swim for longer than three minutes. Totally unable to swim in deep waters.
  • Cannot hit accurately flying targets that are too high,
  • Tendency to get anxious, which could make him act recklessly and reduce his dagger-throwing accuracy.
  • Limited offensive capacities while in Iron Curtain.

Bio/History:

(Work In Progress)

So far other than the age everything seems good. I guess I was a little vague on the age. I'll edit that in the morning. But in the meantime I should say that for the age there should be an IRL age that factors into the number of memories and a in game age that doesn't effect the memories

Oh HELL yes I am always up for SAO-but-better RPs.

Name: Winston Cunningham (username Daggerfall, goes by Dagger for short)

Race: Human/Default Race

Relationships: He's hella ace, but given extremely fortuitous circumstances he may fall for a girl romantically. He is single as a pringle right now though, and plans to stay that way.

Role: Rogue/Mage/Thief/etc.

Appearance:
-Face http://pin.it/0_fkgDk
-Hair http://pin.it/ig-pZ2J
-Clothing is a black cloak with a big hood, probably enchanted with as many defensive spells as he could collect, and some simple low-level clothing-armor under it. Underwhelming, unless you can sense the overload of defensive spells that are on the cloak.

Personality: He's a very guarded individual, who uses sarcasm and a false sense of superiority to gain the upper hand on the rest of the world. He's after power most of the time, and is willing to skew morality in order to get it.
All of this stems from his core desire to protect his loved ones and take care of them, which is why he is desperately trying to get out of this game yet refusing to take any chances or routes that will get him killed. He doesn't want to lose any of his memories, they're all that keeps him going. Has severe anxiety about this issue, and just in general he literally has anxiety. Hides this with anger and not taking proper care of himself (outside of base gaming stats).

Deities Worshipped: He doesn't actually 'worship' any deities. He simply pays tribute as the game requires to the things programmed in to give him better abilites. He chose Klugheit and Temppuga, gods of Diplomacy and Tricks, respectively. His irl ambition is to be a lawyer, so he figured he'd want those deities on his side.

Abilities/Powers: Charmspeak, a form of magical persuasion. Only works under good circumstances (must have eye contact when giving commands, must be on at least neutral terms with the victim, must not ask anything directly against the victim's core values, etc.)
Can also hide in shadows and move short distances unseen. Must have actual shadows to do so, and cannot move through brightly-lit spots.

Equipment: Throwing knives. Soooo many throwing knives. Also a bow, though he saves that for the stuff his knives can't reach. Poisons, to coat his weapons and slip to humanoid enemies when they least expect. Potions, to keep him alive and running. A staff, for 'combat', magic enhancement, and climbing assistance. Basic supplies like a fire-starting item and someplace to sleep.

Weaknesses: His own pride. He refuses to admit when he needs help, or accept help from anyone. He works alone, and it's nearly gotten him killed many times already. His anxiety keeps him from sleeping or eating at a reasonable pace, and affects his judgement. He has zero trust in people, unless they somehow stick around long enough to earn it.

Gamewise, he plays the stealth/rogue role. This basically means he's a Fragile Speedster or a Glass Cannon, and he depends on getting the upper hand before a fight even starts rather than surviving a fight. If something spots him before he spots it, he basically has no choice but to run.

Bio/History: He was born in London, but moved to the US right around first grade and grew up there. His parents adopted three other kids, all girls, and Winston was the eldest brother. Their parents passed away in an accident soon after his 18th birthday, and he immediately filed for custody of his sisters. He then started working (along with the eldest one of his sisters) while juggling college classes and aiming to get into a good law school. Video games were one of his few hobbies and ways to unwind from all the stress, so his sisters all chipped in and got him this new game and system for his birthday... And we all know where that went.

Hope he works! Excited to get into a group RP. And if you still need a co-GM... I'm admittedly not the best GM, but I'd be willing to talk and see if there's something I could do.

Last edited:
This sounds like a fun time. Although my bird cat will be unfortunately excluded from this since he's 6 limbs over the limit and probably a bit overpowered for something like this. But I suppose I can either revert him to his former bipedal self, or simply use another character. Guess I'll sleep on it tonight and potentially get a sheet up tomorrow.

Ok edits are done on the character sheets. Thanks y'all. Y'all helped me realize a few things I forgot to think about, like the difference in age in the game and in the real world, and that I totally forgot about roles. @Deroc the age thing is updated. Let me know if you still aren't sure or still have a question about that. @TatlTails Other than the race part your character looks great. I wasn't able to get the edit in before you got your sheet up, but the Dark Mage/ Wizard part would go into the role part. What kind of race did you want him to play as? Also for both of y'all what is their real life age and in game age?

Well, what is real life age exactly? Does the real life age refers to the player, or the character? If the RL age refers to the character, then is it counted starting from the character's creation?

I was honestly just going to have my character be human, but I wasn't sure if magic powers required some sort of 'wizard' race. Thank you for the clarification.

And as for the GM thing, I don't think I could handle a boatload of responsibility, but if you want me to do something like play a few NPCs/shopkeepers/etc. or keep track of some element of the worldbuilding (like bosses or weather patterns or some behind-the-scenes hacking stuff), then I'd be happy to help out in that regard.

Name: Primrose Sosa (Username: SosRose)
Race: Dalish elf
Appearance: Primrose is short and thin like most elves. She has a small square face with a button nose and big lips. Her skin is a light chestnut color, and her ears are rather big and pointy, unlike the more discrete/human-like ears most elves have. She has a blue face tattoo (design pictured below) and scars up and down her legs and torso from years of living in the woods. Her hair is a mess of dark curls that she wears in a faux hawk. She has large hazel eyes with short lashes.
She wears a short light blue robe with leggings, arm and shoulder guards, and leather greaves (something like the middle drawing in the picture below). Primrose is often barefoot since it allows her to move around without making much noise.
42bc508e59043dd815019cb4099bb2f7.jpg
Simple-square-face-hairstyles-on-Small-Hairstyle-Remodel-Ideas-with-square-face-hairstyles.jpg
032bb9d1f7ac48b53ad4256506a0c101.jpg
4cc739d3757a055e4d82ef1033c9ac91--dragon-age-dalish-dragon-age-elf.jpg
Relationships: Prim is heterosexual, or at least that's what she believes. She's single and happy that way.
Role: Mage
Personality: Prim is a rather closed person. She prefers to be alone and usually avoids social settings. She tries to be nice to people but she usually comes through as a rude person. She doesn't know how to properly express love and tends to make people think she hates them. However, when someone she cares about is attacked/in some sort of danger she'll go to great lengths to protect them.
Deities Worshiped:
  • Aqua, Goddess of Water
  • Erde, Goddess of Earth
Abilities/Powers:
  • The ability to control water (kinda like in Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • The ability to control earth (y'know, dirt and stuff, like in Avatar)
  • She's able to grow vegetation.
  • Hydroportation (the ability to teleport short distances through water).

Skills:
  • Spell Casting: Prim can learn several types of spells to aid her and her companions during battle.
  • Archery: Not much explaining to do here.
  • Stealth: This skill gives Prim the ability to sneak around places without being noticed. It helps her get away from enemies, or approach them.
Equipment: Prim carries around a handmade longbow and arrows, along with a leather satchel. In her satchel she keeps healing potions, crystals, and maps, among other things.
Weaknesses:
  • Since her powers rely on water and earth they don't work when she's in a place without those elements (a metal room, dungeon, y'know).
  • She struggles when she's in cities. She starts to panic if she's in a city for too long, she might even get sick.
  • She tends to get herself in trouble just to help others.
  • When she's in combat she relies on places to hide and walls/things to jump on to trick her attacker.
Bio/History: Primrose was born to Cuban parents in Hialeah, FL. She was a happy kid, until her parents got a divorce when she was 13. Her mom moved her and her three sisters to New York. There they lived in a small apartment and struggled to make ends meet. Video games became Prim's escape from the horror that was her life. Her mother remarried when she was 15. The man her mom married was a wealthy investor. Her mom had been his mistress. She hated her for that, specially after she had divorced her father for cheating on her. Her stepdad got her this new gaming system and a bunch of games, among them a pre-release copy of "Legend of The Blade," for her 17th birthday. He was trying to get her to like him, and it worked. There was nothing she'd wanted more than that game system. Prim was one of the first players to log in on the day of her release, she was so excited she didn't even eat breakfast. Then disaster struck......

Last edited:
Name: Favilla Vitae
Username: Enkindler
Aliases: Vita, Favil(This will be dependent on gender at the time)

Gender: Both male and female(further described in the Abilities section)

Race: Appears human, but is actually a phoenix in a humanoid form.

Appearance:
  • Male-
    picture.php
  • Female-
    f0c219613bf2e024b39164669a0afa8b--fire-fairy-fairy-girls.jpg

Relationships: None in the game, as his wife outside of it didn't choose to join. She's been fighting for him to get out without frying his memories of ever since he got trapped within the game world

Role: Support(fire-based healer), and suppressive damage(because fire magic is still, after all, fire).

Personality: Usually a bit cocky and frustrating, the Enkindler plays the character as a necessary annoyance. After all, you shouldn't go anywhere without a decent healer. Although the outward actions of the character may be a bit pester-some, they become much more quiet and down to earth, so to speak, once they've made a close friend. Still subject to moments of quirkiness, the character is reliable and not generally scared of a fight. though they prefer to not be anywhere near the front lines if it can be helped.

Deities Worshiped: Lodern and Paranemista

Abilities/Powers:
  • Mutable Form- Enkindler's character form is not stuck on any one particular sex, and he often will swap back and forth between male and female as he sees fit. A power based in fire, and only survivable due to healing, this ability functions as an almost instantaneous change for the character, requiring a brief moment of concentration and a flash of fire.
  • Wings of Fire- A pair of ethereal wings sprouts from the character's back, not causing harm, and fully capable of being moved through. Though they are translucent and wispy like a cloud, the magic of them allows the character to use them for flight, albeit not very well. At most, they can lift the character roughly six feet from the ground. These also have the benefit of providing dim light within the immediate radius of the character.
  • Blessed Warmth- With a moderate drop in energy, Enkindler's character is capable of healing wounds from most sources. While the character worships the goddess of healing, their connection to the fire god amplifies the effects of this ability. One of the side effects that occurs, regardless of the spell itself being cast, is that the character is perpetually warm to the touch and can walk through colder environments without much discomfort.
  • Searing Sheet- The character forms a pane of flames, either in a vertical, wall-like section, or as a covering to the ground or ceiling. The flames retain their orientation, but do not form a solid barrier to anyone. Those who touch it take fire damage for as long as they're in contact with it, as if it were any normal kind of fire. It provides ambient illumination much like a bonfire would.
Skills:
  • Capable Herbalist- When magic isn't an option to heal up a wound, the Enkindler's character is more than proficient at herb lore in the game, allowing them to more easily gather medicinal plants and ingredients for salves and other, slower, healing methods.
  • Pain Tolerant- Having played while the game was in Beta development, the character is more able to withstand the punishment that combat can bring. While this doesn't cause them to take any less damage, it does allow for the character to stay standing after a blow that might otherwise take them down.

Equipment:

• Weapons- None
  • Armor- None(only wears their clothing)
  • Oddball- The character can be seen carrying a few odds and end, and has a necklace on at all times. The necklace was an item that the character received as a gift for having been a Beta Tester, and was what allowed the character to be a phoenix instead of a more normal race.

Weaknesses:
  • Water- Like any other person who slings fire around, water is a natural enemy. While not instantly lethal, water does significantly more damage due to their opposing natures.
  • Wind- While not necessarily harmful directly tot he character, wind powers and abilities can rather rapidly diminish the effectiveness of the Enkindler's character by either blowing them away from the party physically(as the ethereal wings will react to air currents appropriately), or by sweeping away the one defensive spell that the character has. In addition, the character carries no way to physically deflect air-based attacks, and is vulnerable to them.

Bio/History: The Enkindler, prior to getting stuck within the new game, Legend of the Blade, worked as a freelance game artist, drawing hundreds of images a year to supply various gaming companies with concept or finished artwork to bring their game worlds to life. His career kept him living a decent life, and he was able to marry one of the voice actresses for a game he'd loved working on. They'd been together for a few years, only married for the most recent of them, when the makers of the game he became trapped within contacted him about doing some of their concept art for him. He figured it would be a good way to branch out, as VR games were starting to hit the market with more and more selling fervor. if he could get in on this one, he'd get his name out to almost every other company making similar games, and then he'd never have to worry about money again.

Then the company offered him a position as a Beta Tester. he'd never thought to play a game he'd helped design the visuals for, but he figured there was no harm, and thoroughly enjoyed the beta, despite the numerous bugs that were expected. His wife scoffed at his enjoyment of the new game he'd found, but didn't mind him playing. After all, his gamer's mentality had been one of the quirks that had drawn them together, as she had done plenty of gaming herself, though she had slowed down on it while working in the world of voice acting. He tried to bring her in, and almost had gotten her to agree when the game locked him within it after the full release dropped.

I do not own either of the character images and will remove them if asked to do so at any time.

Last edited:
Back