Legend of the Scrolls (Legend of Zelda x Elder Scrolls) (1x1)

Kansas

State of Kansas
The day started out like any ordinary for the Nightwalker Dragonborn. After a night of studying and reading, Ja'vassa had decided that he'd head out to Blackreach to continue his studies of the Aetherium that littered the area; he wanted to eventually discover the secrets of mining the material and if it were possible to refine into usable weapons. Before he'd leave, he'd ensure that he was ready for yet another expedition. First, there was the matter of gathering potions and poisons that would no doubt come in handy while down there; health, magicka, invisibility, and fortify destruction potions often came in handy, while paralysis and strong damage health poisons were always very useful. After gathering a few bottles of each, he had gone into his armory to gather a few weapons to arm himself with. He took two of his Akaviri Katana and set them on his sides, he would also pick up Auriel's Bow along with a large variety of arrows. With one last look around the armor, he had picked up Dragonbane and Harkon's sword, giving them to his Dremora butler to hold on to. Now that he was armed, the last thing on the list was to gather food, books, and writing materials. After gathering everything, he was finally ready to leave.

Out of nowhere, slimy tentacles and disembodied eyes began to materialize around the Khajiit, though it was unexpected, Ja'vassa kept his composure as he realized it was the Daedric Lord he called master; Hermaeus Mora himself. It was a bit surprising that Ja'vassa would be contacted before he even left town, though he figured it had to be important. After several moments of the disturbing materialization, the Daedra had spoken. "Come closer, my Champion... bask in my presence." He spoke in a disembodied, metallic sounding voice. "I've got a new task for you, one I believe you'll find comparable to your skills. Return to the Summit of Apocrypha where you defeated Miraak and the path shall be revealed. Complete this task for me and you will be richly rewarded, Dragonborn..." As quickly as the Prince appeared, it had disappeared, leaving Ja'vassa confused, but curious at what his new task would be.

Fortunately for him, he already had his things ready and all that was left was reading the Black Book he kept hidden in the Manor. After reading the book, he had been transported to the tower where that fateful battle with the First Dragonborn occured, though that ordeal was long behind him and now it was time to focus on the new task. Moments after dropping into Apocrypha, his Master had shown up. "What is it that you need me to do, my Lord?" Ja'vassa asked, keeping his usual monotonous, serious tone. Usually, Hermaeus Mora's work often led the Khajiit into exciting, but dangerous adventures; the life risking ventures with amazing rewards... the first encounter led him to visiting his first Dwemer ruin in the pursuit of the Falmer Blood and more importantly, the Elder Scroll. Eventually, that expedition in Blackreach not only rewarded him with an Elder Scroll, but with the Oghma Infinium as well. Months later, Ja'vassa found himself on Solstheim, again in the presence of the Daedric Prince of Fate and Knowledge, that time in pursuit of the First Dragonborn.

"As you are no doubt aware, the planes of Oblivion are infinite.. Mundus is infinite.. Aetherius is infinite. Not many are aware that more hide beyond these realms, though difficult to access, it is not completely impossible. Being an immortal Prince has its perks and I've had plenty of time to figure out how to access it." Hermaeus Mora started; while the Dragonborn was an incredibly intelligent Khajiit, the stuff being explained to him was effectively flying over his head. He mostly, or at least he assumes he understands the realms of Mundus, Oblivion, and Aetherius, but this was new. Despite his lack of understanding as to what was being said, he nodded anyways, interested in this realm beyond Aetherius. "I will be sending you to this realm, I cannot tell you what you'll find, but I can assure you that you'll arrive there alive. You are to go and collect any form of knowledge you can find... books, scrolls, journals, anything you can find. Study it and return it to Apocrypha through the Daedric servant you obtain prior to Miraak's defeat. Do this for me and I shall see to it that you're richly rewarded."

Thinking about it for a moment, Ja'vassa weighed his potential options. It usually isn't a good idea to argue with a Daedric Prince, especially in their own realm. If Miraak was to be an example, arguments or rebellions would likely end in a painful death. There was also the idea of him leaving behind every single person he's ever known; his fellow mages in the College of Winterhold, his Family in the Dark Brotherhood, his Volkihar Vampires, and the many others he's formed bonds with. The fact that his Lord hadn't a clue about what waited for him was a bit alarming, but that was likely the least of his concerns. On the upside, this new world would likely be more accepting of his kind, and maybe he'd be able to start over. Since losing his little sister all those years ago, Ja'vassa has gone down a less than favorable path, with his connections to the Dark Brotherhood, Clan Volkihar, and the Thieves Guild putting a huge stain on his reputation. This new world might give him what he needs to start fresh, to be the hero his sister would want him to be. Not to mention, his curiosity was getting the better of him; it wasn't everyday someone got to explore beyond Oblivion and he wasn't about to let this opportunity slide away. Weighing his options, thinking of the risks involved and the potential rewards that come with it, Ja'vassa nodded in confirmation. "I'll.. I'll do it." He said, wondering if he made a mistake with that. His response seemed to have been favorable with his Master as a strange, violet portal had slowly opened up. "Prepare yourself for whatever awaits on the other side. When I deem your progress satisfactory, I will bring you back to Apocrypha." And with that, the Khajiit had cautiously entered the portal. With a brilliant flash of light, he was dropped into a world unknown to him, though he wasn't exactly sure what to make of this new place.

Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

Princess Zelda had been in the dungeon for two days now. No food or water and only a single guard, who appeared to be asleep a great deal of the time. While typically fasting made her abilities stronger, it seemed as if her telepathic pleas for rescue had gone unheeded. There either was no one for miles who could perceive it, or else Aghanim had gotten to them first. She didn't know what that wizard had planned, but he was not content with having stolen the throne. There could be only one thing he was after. And while normally she knew no man alone could access it, the fact that he had brainwashed every soldier in the castle was enough to make her second guess that. She had just suffered the loss of her father, and Hyrule its king, but there was no point in feeling sorry for herself.

It seemed that the legendary hero, Link, would not be coming to her aid. Why was that? It seemed like... like there was something terribly, deeply wrong with this world. It was unbalanced, like there was something missing. It had to be Aghanim's doing. That cruel magician would even tamper with the laws of the world if he could in order to get to the Triforce. But if Link was gone, all hope was lost.

No! She rufused to think that way! There had to be a way out of here. Maybe... yes, maybe someone was already on their way to rescue her. They were just too far away to hear her. That must be it. So she bowed her head and began again. If she had to call out every few minutes until her mana was exhausted, she couldn't give up so easily.

My name is Princess Zelda of Hyrule. I am being held captive in the dungeon of the castle. The evil wizard Agahnim is impersonating the king. He has brainwashed the castle guards and has done... something with the other maidens. He has taken control of the castle and is attempting to open the wise men's seal. This cannot happen. Something must be done to stop him. Link... or whoever can hear me... please rescue me.

Finally, she felt a connection, but it was so sudden and deep that it frightened her. An old soul and very sharp mind. She almost withdrew thinking that it was Aghanim himself. Instead she repeated her prayer and waited.

"I... I know there is a secret passage into the castle from the outside. I don't know where it is, but surely it is overgrown by now. Try not to be spotted. It seems like Aghanim's influence is limited, for now, but there are still guards patrolling the outside of the castle. The ones inside... well... they don't seem to be behaving rationally. Just be very careful, hero, and come quickly... I know whatever he has done to the other descendants, he is planning for me next. And then, it will be only a matter of time for this world..."

She breathed heavily as she severed the connection. She had no idea who that person was, but he seemed powerful. Powerful enough to have some kind of barrier to psychic influence. It took almost all her energy just to contact him. He might even be one of the Wise Men, but she hesitated to think so. It was just that kind of blind trust that had led to her father's assassination. But he was her only hope now. She had to sit down. She peered out through the bars and saw that same guard. He might as well be a bucket of bolts, just sitting there. Under the wizard's control, no normal man could think for themselves, or even speak. That flail of his was about as big as her head, though.

Maybe the goddesses had sent another hero. Maybe in this generation the hero of Hyrule was not powerful enough. Or maybe something terrible had happened to him. In any case, she had to rest, and prepare herself for whatever was to come.

Last edited:
Though the mage was still trying to get his bearings as he observed his surroundings, the sudden contact from... who knows what or where caused him to draw his blade. All too often, telepathic contact often involved the Daedra and more often than not, contact with the Daedra involved blood being spilled. Though, it seemed this was more than just some prince of Oblivion trying to contact him, rather it seemed to be a distressed signal. Confused and unsure of what to do, he ended up following his instinct, or at least the one that told him to help whoever was the source of this. His curiosity often got the better of him. With a Clairvoyance spell, he was able to discover a path to the source of the voice, though that's when he noticed the guards. He had numerous invisibility potions and spells on him, so he could easily sneak by, and in case he was spotted, he had no problem with killing them should the need arise. With Clairvoyance again, he'd find the secret passageway; another quick survey of his surroundings followed, his eyes trailing the numerous guards patrolling the area, and once it seemed the coast was clear, he would act. Quickly, he removed the vines and cobwebs that obscured it before he'd enter, his hand resting on the sheath of one of his many Akaviri Katanas. In his experience, tunnels like these were always filled with killer rats, spiders, and all manners of the undead. Fortunately for him, the tunnel was more or less empty. Nothing tried to attack, no traps randomly popped up, though this genuinely concerned him.

Thanks to Clairvoyance, he'd manage to make good time in exploring the tunnel, with it eventually reaching what appeared to be an old cell of some sort. 'This might've been an escape tunnel at one point...' His curious musings ended when he noticed a girl, seemingly trapped in the cell. 'She must be the source of the voice... she doesn't seem evil nor does she seem like the usual prisoner... though, this could just be a trap..' He was quiet, merely studying her briefly in an attempt to read her, trying to see who she was, though considering he was new to the world, he had no clue. "Are you the one that called out to me?" He asked in a soft, but serious sounding tone. "I followed the secret passage and it had led me to you. Are you some kind of criminal or is there something else going on?"

There were many reasons why the princess was suddenly speechless.

For one, the appearance of her rescuer. Unusually tall for this world, dressed in dark clothes and armor, covered from his face to his... tail?! He looked like no hero she had ever seen before. Silver cat ears were visible beyond the borders of his mask. There was a dark and dangerous aura about him, but not really evil. Who, and more importantly what, was this creature? She had heard of some strange beasts in Hyrule, but he was no monster. At least... He was capable of magic, telepathy, and speech, which made him not at all a monster. Unless... Of course. He must be from the other side. She was slightly relieved to hear that he had come to rescue her, but still, she barely managed to respond. Her reaction was to raise an arm, making a strained noise in her throat while pointing behind him.

That was due to the second reason for her silence. Shock and dread that her rescue might be short lived. While he had been talking the guard, who had seemed for all the world like a statue, roused himself to his full height and began swinging his giant black mace. Swoop swoop swoop swoop. Gathering momentum to crush the intruder's skull in. To one unfamiliar with the physics of this world, it was laughable, but to the princess it was terrifying. She could neither speak nor look away.

The magic surrounding the Dragonborn suddenly, and jarringly, failed. Everything he was carrying and even wearing became suddenly ten times heavier. Half of his items clattered to the ground, and he now had no barriers against either physical or magical attack except his armor, which was both heavier and not as protective as it should have been. He had little chance to observe and absorb all of this before...

WHACK

He was flung against the far wall of the dungeon by the impact of the huge mace to his chest. In a single hit, a significant measure of his health was gone. He would also feel mentally tired and strained, as the effects of this world caught up with his earlier reckless use of magic. His movement was slow, his body heavy. Was this some kind of attack he hadn't encountered before?

The helmet of the guard offered limited vision, and so not seeing the opponent, it turned and walked back to its original position.

Finally the princess found her voice. "I probably should have warned you about him as well. Are you alright, hero?" Straining to look as far as she could, she caught sight of him moving. Good, he was still alive. That looked like a nasty blow, though. "Use your sword! Hold it out in front of you and come at him with your weight behind it!" Thankfully, the guard didn't seem to be able to hear her either. "He's stupid, so he'll walk right into it. Just be careful of that mace!" There could be little more seemingly nonsensical advice to someone from another world. Just hold out your sword and charge? Even a little child would know that wasn't how you used a sword.

Last edited:
Back