Interest Check Looking for a few people looking to take on an adventure

Niiyuke

Great, a trip to the museum, just what every college student wants. To make it even more fun the teachers are going along on this guided tour. Sounds like a load of fun right? Wrong. Somehow you and your classmates end up with the dullest tour guide you could possibly think of. Thinking you could find something more interesting you sneak off to look around at the exhibits on your own. You end up in an off limits section full of old bits of armor and weaponry. You’re a college school student, this seems like a cool place made even more fun by the fact that you’re not supposed to be there. Strangely though your eyes keep getting drawn to one particular peace and for some reason you can’t help going back to look at it again and again.

Now this is where you wish you had stayed with the dull tour guide. For some ungodly reason you are compelled to pick up the old artifact and before you know what’s going on you start to feel all funny. You can’t let go of the object and panic sets in. Next thing you know the world goes black and you pass out. When you wake up again you find yourself not passed out on the tile floor of the museum but surrounded by tall grass in the middle of a field. To make matters worse you’re not in the jeans and a t-shirt you wore that morning. Nope, you’ve gotten some sort of medieval style clothing on and a weapon lying near you. Even more fun is that within minutes of waking up, you start to see things that shouldn't exist. After all, magic belongs in stories. Here, magic is a way of life, and if you are going to make it out alive, you have better learn fast, because the world is ruled by creatures straight out of your bed time stories.

You have become lost in some other world stuck in the medieval times where humans are considered servants at best, slaves at worst, and the only way home? To complete the prophesy that was laid out years ago. Unfortunately you know jack shit about the land, how to fight with your weapon, or how to handle the magic that is suddenly at your fingertips. You are alone and have to survive to fill the prophesy or remained trapped in that land forever. Oh, and did the tour guide mention the land you’ve just found yourself in is a war torn land and people would as soon kill you as look at you? Well have fun on your trip to the museum. Try not to become part of the exhibit ok?

Alright, so now that the plot is out there and you all either love it or hate it, I'm going to toss out my ideas. This story can be done in a few different ways. Obviously we need a quest to complete, but I'm looking for more than that. The college students can either remain human, or change into a creature. Heck, we can mix an match if you want with some remaining human and some not. Also, I'm looking for a few people looking to play the opposing team wanting to stop the adventurers from completing their task. If anyone is interested, let me know and we can gather up a motley crew for some fun times.

I am intrigued and interested.

I have some questions though.
How would the anti-hero group work? A seperate thread? Would they be students as well, hired/used by a different side of the conflict or naturals to the world?

I was thinking more along the natives side for the bad guys. I'm not sure how this site works, (bare with me, I'm new) but a separate thread could be neat with you occasionally popping into the main one to toss in a monkey wrench now and again. It would give the baddies a place to plot so to speak. Perhaps they are even at the core of the war going on for kicks and giggles. I'm fairly open to ideas.

Know anyone who might be interested? We don't really need many if we all chip in with the occasional side character.

Still fairly new here myself.
People check the Bulleting board regulary. Just give it a day and see who shows interest.
You could also check "Introductions" for new people that might be looking for a rp and ask them directly.

How big of a group are you thinking of? I might be interested in giving this a shot.
Perhaps four to each side to start with. I think it would keep things somewhat manageable. To many and then you have people tripping over each other in the posts and getting whiplash trying to talk to each other.

Still fairly new here myself.
People check the Bulleting board regulary. Just give it a day and see who shows interest.
You could also check "Introductions" for new people that might be looking for a rp and ask them directly.
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. Trouble is they have to be accepted first or they can't even post in here.

Well, yeah, that is an issue unfortunatly.
I also don't think they can PM you directly, so you probably have to give them a couple of days to be accepted.

I would love to join! But I also have a few questions. Sorry!

About the "bad guys" or the ones trying to stop the prophecy, are they doing it because of the war or just because they want to stop the prophecy itself? Also, what kind of war-torn land are we talking about? Civil War or World War or something else entirely?

Despite any of the answers, I would love to join!

I don't mind questions at all. It helps me to think and process the story on a level I may not have considered. Take your question about the war for a moment. I'm thinking more along a full blown world war where different nations are giving each other the stink eye and the one you might consider a friend might turn against you the next day.

As for your first question, I guess that would depend on what prophecy we end up going with. I wanted to wait to see what kind of story everyone wanted to put their minds to and kind of let the bad guys come up with their own reasons as to why they want to stop things from progressing. I mean, they have to have some reason to work together right? I don't like to limit people's creativity. It tends to make the story less interesting when I try to micromanage everything. :emoji_sweat:

I hope this helps.

I don't mind questions at all. It helps me to think and process the story on a level I may not have considered. Take your question about the war for a moment. I'm thinking more along a full blown world war where different nations are giving each other the stink eye and the one you might consider a friend might turn against you the next day.

As for your first question, I guess that would depend on what prophecy we end up going with. I wanted to wait to see what kind of story everyone wanted to put their minds to and kind of let the bad guys come up with their own reasons as to why they want to stop things from progressing. I mean, they have to have some reason to work together right? I don't like to limit people's creativity. It tends to make the story less interesting when I try to micromanage everything. :emoji_sweat:

I hope this helps.

It does and I'm definitely interested in this! Because stopping the prophecy could be what brings a tentative peace, or something crazy like that?

It does and I'm definitely interested in this! Because stopping the prophecy could be what brings a tentative peace, or something crazy like that?

Perhaps the prophecy is meant to bring peace, and they really don't want to because they are powerful people in the world. Peace might mean change and change might mean that they are no longer needed. People of power don't generally like to lose that power. Like I said though, I leave it to the baddies to decide why they want to stop things.

So far you and Cheelm are the only ones with a strong interest I have for this. Sostos is a maybe and I haven't heard back from him since I answered. If you know anyone else who would be interested, let me, or them, know that's I'm still looking for interested parties.

So far you and Cheelm are the only ones with a strong interest I have for this. Sostos is a maybe and I haven't heard back from him since I answered. If you know anyone else who would be interested, let me, or them, know that's I'm still looking for interested parties.

Oh sorry, I sent the post close to midnight on the day and kind of forgot about it - count me interested unless something unavoidable stops me from joining (which is unlikely.)

Back