Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Lupaix

as written by Tiko

Two more shots fired as Chloe stumbled over the fallen table before she had him down on the ground.

"Aaaargh!"

He growled out as teeth tore into flesh. His senses exploded from the pain, and his vision swam. His free hand jerked his knife free of its sheath before he buried it in the side of the wolf's neck, while his arm served to keep her fangs from his face, or throat. Though if he didn't do something fast, he was liable to lose the arm.

as written by Script

He'd been drawn by the screaming, same as Desmond, but he'd been a street away. Snow broke onto the road outside the Corner Cafe at a run, yellow eyes scanning the scene to find the source of the disturbance. It didn't take long. Chloe wasn't exactly being subtle. He recognised Desmond struggling beneath her, and didn't wait before moving.

He dashed across the road at a dead sprint, aiming to land a forceful kick to the side of the wolf's head to dislodge her from his packmate. His handgun was out of its holster and aimed down at her as he placed himself in her path. "Back off and stay down, or you'll get a bullet in your brain." he stated coolly, his tone level. "You alright, Desmond?" he directed back at the other man.

as written by Knosis

The wolf snarled in victory at the taste of Desmond's blood as it hit her tongue. Her jaws clamped down harder as soon as the blade of the knife buried into the fleshy part of her neck.

However, her focus had been strictly on Desmond and all others had run away by this point. The wolf had not expected to be attacked from another source. A loud yelp was cried as she stumbled away from the injured man, turning her back to the both of them and shaking her head.

A deep growl escaped her throat once more, her gaze locking on the new arrival and did not heed the warning. It immediately dashed to the side before leaping towards Snow from an angle.

as written by Tiko

"Don't just stan' there, shoot 'er!" Desmond hollered at Snow.

As the wolf coiled for another go, Desmond grabbed up his own firearm and scooted away from Snow and Chloe. His right arm hung useless at his side, and his left hand wavered as he tried to aim. He squeezed the trigger, emptying the gun as she lunged.

as written by Script

Snow didn't need telling twice. He leaped backwards to match Chloe's lunge, grunting as he propelled himself to the side out of her path before firing off his pistol towards her, half a dozen rounds on a course to strike her in the body. Snow wasn't the type to spray and pray, and he kept his cool, using Chloe's airtime as a window of opportunity to line up the shots.

He stayed light on his feet, anticipating another lunge. A wolf this size could likely take a lot of punishment.

as written by Knosis

Between Desmond's firing, although several had missed, and Snow's expert shooting, the wolf landed and nearly fell. Blood dripped from her fur, staining the ground with large puddles.

The wolf panted heavily, her limbs shaking. It was obvious she would not be attacking anymore, as the wolf would not be able to take any more without killing herself.

Chloe turned slightly to look at the two attackers before she collapsed into a heap, her world growing dark.

as written by Tiko

Desmond dragged himself back to his feet as he approached Snow and Chloe. Her chest still rose and fell in deep labored breaths as he put one booted on her neck to make sure she didn't try to rise again. With her subdued, he raised his gun at her head to fire the last shots.

Before he could pull the trigger though, the wolf's fur began to recede.

If there was one weak spot for Desmond... well actually there where many weak spots for the man, but the one of relevance at this particular moment was women. He couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger on the unconscious red-head lying on the pavement.

"Ah fuck me, I can't shoot 'er like that!" he finally exclaimed as he lowered the gun. "You do it."

as written by Script

Snow looked down at the woman and scowled. He glanced across at Desmond, then silently put his gun back in its holster. "We don't know anything about her. She might be recently turned and confused."

He shook his head. "We need to take her somewhere till she can speak for herself."

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Tiko

"Well we're not takin' 'er to me place, and you won't be sayin' that when she's chewin' your arm off!" Desmond exclaimed.

Truth be told though he didn't really disagree with Snow, and he didn't particularly want to kill the woman. Especially like this. He was still flustered though with his near being mauled to death. Blood ran in long rivulets down his arm, dripping from his fingers onto the pavement at his feet, and it was only a matter of time before the adrenaline faded.

"What about that theater that shut down, over on Landis Street?" he finally asked.

as written by Script

"That works. We'll need something to bind her, though. There'll probably be rope lying around backstage, but we'll likely need something stronger in case she shifts back." Snow grimaced, "Let's get her to the theater, then I'll go get some chains or something."

He bent down to lift the woman's unconscious form. "We should move quickly before people start to question what we're doing." he noted.

as written by Tiko

Desmond reholstered his gun and retrieved his knife from the pavement. There where some onlookers still, but they where right in the heart of Baron's territory, and the people around here knew to keep out of pack business. They likely didn't have much to worry about. Probably. Maybe...

The sooner they where gone, the better. He returned the knife to its sheath and followed after Snow.

as written by Tiko

The old abandoned live theater house had closed down several years ago, and the place was filled with litter and trash from the various people who had squatted it in over the years.

Desmond was seated behind stage on a stool keeping an eye on the as of yet still unconscious Chloe. Snow had been right about the rope, and there had been an ample supply of the stuff to restrain the woman with. It was coarse, but heavy duty enough for suspending people over the stage.

It probably wouldn't keep the woman restrained if she shape-shifted, but even if she possessed inhuman strength within her current form it would probably do the trick.

In the event she did try to shapeshift... well that's what the gun was for. It sat on top of a wooden crate next to his stool, mostly because he wasn't the quickest draw with his left hand. He wagered he could hit a werewolf tied up a few feet away though.

Snow should be back soon though, and hopefully the rest of the pack with him. With Baron still in prison, Sophia still missing, and now this... they really needed to have a pack meeting.

as written by Knosis

The woman groaned as she started to come to. Her body ached more than usual, and more than just a few bruises this time. Every movement was nearly blinding, and particular on her shoulders and sides. Thinking was almost as painful, but more it seemed to be slow like thick sludge. The position she was in did not help the pain any either, and as soon as she realized she had ropes about her wrists, her eyes popped open.

"..The hell..?" She muttered weakly, looking about the abandoned facility with no recollection how she had gotten here. She couldn't move her arms nor legs, and she was pretty sure her fingers were going numb from being bound for so long. She began to panic, until her eyes landed on Desmond, and then the gun and she became very still. Her eyes narrowed back on the man, her brows furrowing, an odd calm coming to her. "Hello." She managed to say loud enough for him to hear. "Who are you?" She demanded, thinking she had been kidnapped.

as written by Tiko

"Me name's Desmond. An' don't go gettin' any ideas there bout tryin' to get loose. You did a number on me arm, you know," he told her.

His arm was roughly bound with a loose tourniquet just below the shoulder to try and slow the bleeding, and some strips of cloth where tied around the wounds themselves, which could be seen through the tears in his sleeve where it looked like a wild animal had savaged it.

"Care to tell me your name?" he inquired.

as written by Knosis

"I shifted..?" She said, the color leaving her face as she saw the bandages on the man. Suddenly she felt ashamed and looked away.

She groaned and looked down at herself as best she could. Several places down her side were still healing, but the bruises were a nice black and blue. "My name is Chloe.." She muttered.

"What.. Did I do..? Did I hurt anyone else..?" She asked, knowing it was futile to hide the fact she couldn't remember anything.

as written by Tiko

"Naw, just me arm," Desmond answered.

He relaxed a bit as it seemed the didn't have any intents of finishing what she had started outside the cafe a few hours ago.

"What where you doin' in Lupaix?" he added. "You're not wi' the Bloodstone pack. What you pulled is a gran' way to go an' get yourself killed."

as written by Knosis

She snorted but immediately regretted that decision. She hissed and closed her eyes, watching the stars flare across her vision.

"I'm not with.. Any pack really.." She groaned. "Works b-been rough and needed a drink. I'm new to the city and heard there was a bar near by.." She leaned her head against whatever was closest. "Got pulled from a case involving that little girl everyone's been looking for. Hell, I don't even remember leaving work.." She muttered.

"They're gonna have my head now.." She sighed.

as written by Tiko

"Sounds like me most mornings after a night out wi' me mates," Desmond replied with a chuckle. "'ow much 'ave you been drinkin'?"

as written by Knosis

"None.." She murmured. "Not that I remember anyway." Chloe turned to look at Desmond with one eye open. "Trust me, I'd probably remember that at least."

as written by Tiko, and Knosis

"Well, can't say I know what to be doin' with ya," Desmond answered. "Me mates 'ill be 'ere soon to discuss that though." He frowned as he remembered the text message he had received earlier. "What's this lassy you where talkin' about?"

Chloe shrugged lightly. "Just a little girl is all I really know. Was taken by someone.. About a night or so ago? Her story's been covered on the news.."

"Never did watch much of the news. Was 'er name Sophia?" he asked.

"Yeah.. I think that's it." She murmured. "Daughter of a friend of my boss... I was taken off the case before I could get into much more detail than that.."

He frowned at her verification as to the girls identity.

"Well tell you what. We're gonna sit tight 'ere 'til me mates all arrive, an' then we'll sort this all out," he told her.

"Yeah well.. In the mean time, mind untying me? I can't feel my fingers.. If I was going to attack you again, I would have done it already.." She muttered.

"That I can't do I'm afraid. Lucky to still 'av me arm after last time," he told her. "They should be 'ere soon enough."

A soft sigh escaped her lips and she closed her eyes once again. "Yeah well.. Sorry about that.." She muttered.

Back