Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Valentine Park

"God..." Savien moved to his back just in time to watch Leandre's shield lose a third of its mass. The glowing chunk of metal thudded in the grass at his feet.

Straining against the agony, Savien drew his Lawkeeper and took aim at Duval's knee - the same one he'd sliced not a moment ago. KCHOOM. KCHOOM. Close-range buckshot scattered towards her leg. Even if it didn't harm her, the force of the blast might stagger her - allowing Aurelion the opening he needed as he charged.

"All together!" he roared, reaching for his sword and trying to get to his feet.

---

The Caer Spawn flooded into Valentine Park in hordes, heeding the hatred of their master. Though some of the park's denizens might mount a defense against the horrors, most of those still in the vicinity would be easy pickings. A sizable chunk of the creatures sprinted across the grass not far from Nox and Lucian (as well as the nearly arrived Dufort and Perrin), black eyes trained on some not-so distant tent tops, enticed by the screams of children-

A hail of bullets cut through them, shredding flesh and limbs before a deafening explosion detonated in their midst. The charred grass ran wet with gore as a squad of paladins met the advancing spawn, blades and swords brandished against the surviving monstrosities. Sir Robert Arodring fought at their head in full R9 power armor, wielding his claymore one-handed, an exorcist in the other. His brothers and sisters raged around him, guns thundering, blades drinking the blood of monsters. The fires reflected off their plate in shimmers of red and gold. The Monastic Order was rallying.

"Paladins of the Order!" Robert's voice boomed through his suit's vox. "TO BATTLE!"

---

Aaro opened to his mouth to protest, but shut it. He gave Cam a nod and swallowed the dryness in his throat. Did he blame him? No... but that didn't make it sting any less.

Backhanding his knife, the lone proselyte charged into the heart of Winter.

Last edited:
The vanishing witches faded as quickly from Nox's attention as their bodies did, turning his full fury upon the celestial spirit that dared accost his form. It was a creature worthy of his fangs...but he found himself more annoyed than he did thrilled. The prey he WANTED were steadily getting away from him. Aside from his over-arching goal to create terror and strife wherever he went, to destroy each and every fabrication and individual who served the Monastic Order, he'd come here for one simple purpose.

The Castellanes. They'd wounded his pride. They'd invoked his ire. Mere children! Who dare! Oppose HIM!

He could hear his brother Titus' mocking laughter. Hadren's chiding comments. Lilas' dispassionate disappointment. Nito, his almighty Father's same, patronizing, condescending, non-chalant tone.

"Oh Nox. Dear child. This will not do."

This will not do. This will not do. This Will Not Do. THISWILLNOTDO!

The Caer, even as a Highborn Child, had never been slow despite his bulk. Even as a youth he was able to keep up with the family horses and hounds and spawn. As he matured, his speed only grew, never coming close to his Eldest Brother's, but always being one of the faster members of the family. Now. Now that he'd inherited the Touch of Winter and the title of Patriarch, now that his indomitable, horrible form was fueled so heavily by consumed souls and manifested horror! None would escape him! None would fall from his reach! Those accursed twins would pay for pricking at his ego, and they would pay dearly!

Nox knew what it was like to lose a twin, lose one whom you'd shared a womb and a life with!

The spirit flew at his face, a shining beacon of things good and holy and high! Its impressive leap carried it upwards, a magnificent leap that would've surely caught all others!

But Nox reacted. Nox nearly broke his own spine under the strain he put on his back and shoulders as he dodged underneath its leap. Huge chunks of frozen earth sprayed behind him as he launched himself into a feral charge, practically running on all fours! His rage gave new life to his Aura, a veritable shockwave of fel energy once more pulsing from his gargantuan form! Those who did not remove themselves from his path would find themselves trampled and gouged by massive feet and wicked talons!

Alvére! Valeré! The Caeruleum Lord flew towards them like a freight train! No heed, no thought, just single minded determination and unrelenting bloodlust! So gone in his wrath was he that he'd lost the capacity to speak! There would be no more interruptions!

(Written by Script, Faithy and CaerBear)

Jimmy nodded towards Val, heading off after him while trusting the bodyguards to protect them, though he knew the twins were their number one priority. Thankful for the assistance from one of the female bodyguard when the whole grouping of spawn surrounding them were suddenly torched, Jim made sure to keep behind Al and Val to keep them from being attacked from behind. He knew that they only had a limited time to get to Inarin and then get to the car and he hoped that Cam and the others had gotten out safely. He really didn’t want to have to come back and look for Aaro, so he hoped he went with the others as well at least to protect them.

"INCOMING!" Adam felt the charging monster's approach before he saw or heard it, spinning around to see the beast closing on them at impossible speeds. "Yuri, Tara!" he yelled.

Letting loose a guttural roar, Yuri swivelled to face the charge. White fur burst forth from the aanaran's tree-trunk arms and claws from his fingertips as he shifted on the spot, his eyes alight with the amber of the beast within. The roar became a howl of challenge, his feet digging into the ground with their now-massive claws as he prepared to meet the charging vampire head on. At his side, Tara propelled herself skywards once more, her eyes wide with panic at the sheer ferocity of their foe's approach. Pressing her palms together, she unleashed a torrent of fire from her palms as she rose, to wash over and consume the monstrosity before it could reach the twins.

And Adam, weighing his fragile, decidedly human countenance (his animancy far better suited to reading a crowd than to anything else) made the executive decision... to get out of the way. Releasing a torrent of terrified curses, he dived to the side and scrambled to avoid the unholy battering ram bearing down upon them all. Let his more battle-ready comrades do their part of the job, he was out of his element!

“Shit!” Jimmy’s eye widened at the sound nearing their location, taking in the quickly moving form of Nox, the creature putting off a disturbing amount of anger as he raced towards their location. He was thankful for the bodyguards, but moved himself in front of Al and Val, determined as hell to keep protecting them. Hopefully the two bodyguards would be able to stop the beast, but the Proselyte wasn’t counting on that. His heart was thudding in his chest and to say he was scared was putting it very lightly. He was terrified and wanted to flee, but could not leave his friends to die. No, today was the day that he stood up for something. Today was the day he would hopefully make a difference or at least die trying. He grasped the sword tightly in his hands, saying a silent prayer in the process.

Whilst their protectors moved to action, the twins looked around with horror to see death bearing down upon them once more. Valére froze whilst Alvére flinched half a step backwards, both of them tightening their grip on the other's hand. As Nox drew closer, Al grabbed his brother and pulled him close, letting Val bury his face against his chest in fear whilst he kept his eyes on the Caer’s charge. There was no point in running. The meagre distance they could cover would be meaningless if the others couldn't protect them.

There would be little any of them could do to stop his march! His jaw unhinged itself to release an earshattering roar of defiance to all those who would seek to impede his progress! At this point, so very little about Nox was recognizable as once human, so monstrous was his transformation. The tone of his skin, the shining beacons that were his eyes, every claw, fang, talon and hook protruding from his hands and feet and gums, the way his dislocated maw still seemed to form some kind of sadistic, shit-eating grin! One could even hardly call this a vampire, and now, for those who had not been born for the first Skirmish his family had unleashed against Lutetia, there was little doubt as to the reason the old veterans referred to the Caer as snow demons.

The first in his way, a bloody mongrel! How dare it show its mangey hide in his presence! With a snarl and a screech that was echoed by all his dear children within the park, Nox would sweep a massive hand across the werewolf’s midsection, snatching him off the ground as easily as he had done poor Arien! The mutt would share the same fate, but this time, the Caer had a target to launch Yuri at! The flamespewer! The lightning thrower! Nox would raise the lycan into the air in a rib crushing grip, forcing him to take the brunt of the fire intended for his glorious form before chucking him overhanded at the floating mage who so assailed him! His ears, now no more than slits against his malformed skull, picked up the sounds of bones cracking, flesh impacting flesh, and from the corner of his deadlights, he saw wolf hurtle through the air like a disk and impact shoulder-to-mouth with the uppity spellslinger!

But he did not stop to gloat! He did not pause to feast! There were still more in his way! Jimmy, Jimmy was next, another rude, uppity mortal who dared even speak in his presence! He would bear a worse fate than the two bodyguards, as Nox rammed into him fist first, driving the insolent brat into the dirt, where feet as heavy as boulders and claws as sharp as scythes would drive into his form, trampling and slicing and dragging until he was kicked behind him like a discarded piece of trash! Like he was! Like they all were!

And now the twins were his!

Shit hit the fan quicker than Jimmy was expecting and before he could do much of anything, the werewolf was thrown up into the air towards the female who had been gracious enough to torch the spawns earlier. Jimmy swallowed hard, but kept his position in front of the twins, wishing for a brief second that he was a trained Paladin, though he knew that wouldn’t do a bit of good, not against the demon that was hell-bent on getting to the twins. Still, he did what he could and as Nox rammed a fist towards his face, the Proselyte brought forward the sword, intending on impaling the bastard somewhere it would hurt. “You fuck!” As he hit the ground, he attempted to roll out of the way, but was more knocked for a loop than he thought. Ear piercing screams echoed across the land as he was trampled beneath the demon’s feet, the kick enough to send him flying quite a bit away from the twins, limply and very bloodied and torn asunder.

It wasn’t until Nox began to skid to a half that he realized a broadsword sticking out from between his third and fourth rib. The boy had wounded him, little good it did in terms of harm, but for a brief second the Caer did stop his unholy charge. Wrenching the blade from his chest, so small compared to his magnificent vastness it was like a toothpick, the Caer gifted the Castellanes with a rapid series of shrieking, bone chilling giggles…

As their guards were tossed aside like ragdolls and Jimmy disappeared beneath Nox’s taloned feet, Alvére felt the last vestiges of hope leave him. He noticed that Val was crying around the same time that a tear of pure terror ran down his own face, frozen to the spot and staring into the Caer’s demonic visage with nowhere left to run, and nobody left to hide behind. With the monster’s hideous laughter echoing through the air, Al clung to his brother, managing to whisper through the trembling and the tears just one thing. “I- I love you, Val.”

Val lifted his face from where he’d been trying to blot out the world against Al’s chest and looked up, breath almost catching in his throat upon seeing Nox’s looming form. “Y-yeah,” he stammered. “I- you too. I love you too.”

First would be Val, ripped from his brother’s grasp and held aloft with the hand that held no sword. Nox would not even look at his pitiful form, not even as he shoved their would-be protector's sword deep, deep into Al’s stomach. And twisted. And yanked. And twisted again, and again and again! Impaling the youth like a pig on a spit before dropping him and sword alike upon the ground.

He’d then grip the other twin’s head between his fingers, slicing cheek and shaving hair away with his razor sharp nails. Forcing him to gaze upon the monster that was Caeruleum. The growl could barely be understood, so low, like cold winter thunder. But Val would understand.

“Know. Your. Place.”

And then he too would be tossed, almost gently, to lie beside his dying brother. His fading other half. Nox could not help but release another series of cackling chortles before resuming his advance. Now that they were dealt with...it was time to move on to other, far more sustaining prey.

It was a good day for Nox.

Al had cried out with desperate anger as Val had been torn away from him, a cry that had been quickly silenced when the sword was plunged into his stomach. In Nox’s grip, Val had let loose a horrified scream, thrashing and kicking against the monster to no avail. Tears streamed down his face, watching helplessly as his brother was brutally disembowled before his eyes. “No! No! Al! STOP IT! STOP!

Necrotic magic spilled forth from his hands as he clawed at Nox’s hand, rotting away at the monster’s flesh, but nothing he did so much as loosened his grasp. By the time Nox finished with his brother and closed his claws around Val’s face, it was all he could do to cry out with pain between the desperate sobs. He didn’t acknowledge the creature’s words. His struggles had died, but when he was tossed to the ground he scrambled, rushing to Alvére’s side.

“Oh god, no, no,” his words were choked out through sobs as he took in the bloody mess that Nox had made of his brother’s stomach. Bile gathered in his throat and he leaned away, retching onto the grass.

Al’s eyes were open wide, dilated with shock and pain. “V-val…” his voice was rasping and weak, blood dribbling from his mouth. “I- it… hurts… I can’t…”

“Shh, shh, no,” Val turned back, taking Al’s hand in his own and clutching it. “S-save your strength, don’t speak. You’re going to be fine. Just look at me, just, just stay with me!” Lifting his gaze from his brother, he screamed out as loud as he could muster. “HELP! SOMEBODY! Please! Anyone…

“Don’t…” Al’s hand squeezed him back, and Val’s cry for help died in his throat as he turned back towards him. “I … I can’t feel… Everything is just…” he trembled, clutching at Val’s hand tightly. “Just pain… I … I’m going to die, aren’t I?”

“Don’t say that!” Val exclaimed, shaking his head furiously. “You’ll be fine, we just need… I’ll call mom, and she can get someone. We can get anyone, from anywhere on the planet! You just have to hold on!”

Alvére screwed his eyes shut briefly and shuddered. “No. No, Val. I… I can’t…” He coughed, spraying another small splatter of blood, and let out a pained hiss.

“Yes you can!” Val yelled, his voice breaking partway through. “You can! Don’t say... “ Tears were streaming freely down his face, twisted in an ugly sob. “No… you have to. Someone… Maybe Arien can…”

“Stop…” Al whispered, stretching to reach for Val’s face, brushing his fingers over his cheek. The trail of blood they left was warm. “All the blood… I can tell… I’m not gonna…”

“Al…” Valére interrupted, clasping his hand over his twin’s. “Please. You can’t leave me. Please don’t leave me on my own. I can’t… without you, I can’t…”

Al slowly, weakly shook his head. “You can. You’re gonna have to, heh. We have friends now, remember? Arien… Inarin… Jimmy…” A tear dripped from his own eyes, mingling with the blood as it ran down his face. “Tell them I said they have to… to take care of…” He was interrupted by another gasping cough, a shriek of pain forming only to dwindle for lack of air.

“No. No, Al, I can’t. You don’t understand. I need you…” Valére whimpered, hunching down closer to his brother. It was just like Al to be trying to comfort him, even as he lay there bleeding out onto the grass. “I love you. I love you so much. I’d give everything else up. Just don’t go. Please. Please…” His voice broke, and he sagged into Al’s chest, whimpering and bawling.

“I … love you too...” Al’s voice trailed off, but Val felt his hand move to weakly stroke his hair as he sobbed. As the world burned around them. None of it mattered anymore. Nothing else. One of the spawn could tear his throat out now, and it would be a mercy.

“Please…” he repeated again, speaking as much to the world at large as he was to his brother. “I don’t care what I have to give. Just don’t die. Don’t die...”

All across the field, peoples' eyes were drawn to the charging monster. Arien was left reeling as Nox tore past him, the rush of wind from his passing blowing his hair and jacket back as he stumbled to a stop. "No!" he yelled, reaching for his blood magic only to realise the Caer was long since passed. His face twisted with impotent rage and he broke into a run to pursue the beast, but part of him knew he was already too late to make a difference.

He watched helplessly as Nox reached the twins, and let out an angry, hateful cry as the Caer barrelled through their defenders and plunged the sword into Al's gut. "BASTARD!" he screamed, bringing his knife up and drawing it across his wrist, letting more blood spill forth into the frigid air. "You will pay for that," he hissed. Once more, his eyes began to burn with crimson light, and the blood pouring from his wounds began to burn.

"HELP! SOMEBODY!"

The vampire faltered, the glow in his eyes fading, and he turned to see Val sobbing at his brother's side. As Nox moved away from them, Arien clenched his fist, casting aside his kneejerk notions of vengeance and turning his attention to his fallen friend. Drawing a hand over his wrist to seal the wound, he made a beeline for the twins' side, one eye staying on Nox in case the Caer should decide to intercept him.

THOOM THOOM.

The chances of that became increasingly unlikely, as two gunshots rang out across the field of battle. Peregrine had both his lawkeepers raised, one in each hand, and levelled at the Caer. The paladin's face was a mask of rage, having been left helpless to prevent Al's butchering when the Caer had torn across the battlefield at speeds faster than he could readily track with his eyes, let alone his guns. Memories of time spent with the young twins at family gatherings and parties flashed across his mind. Whilst he'd never been as close to them as Cam was, he considered them and their family friends. And Cam. He was going to be devastated. 'I'm so sorry, cous'.'

No sooner than Perrin had fired his first salvo, did he take aim and fire again. THOOM THOOM.

The Paladin who had - in his few short months of service - already begun to earn himself the name of 'the Gunslinger' was not prone to missing. He chambered the last round in each of his lawkeepers' high explosive clips, and once more, he fired. THOOM THOOM. Six rounds of the devastating explosive payload were loosed towards Nox in half as many seconds, as Perrin sought to reduce him to nought but a fine red mist.

"Burn in hell, demon!" He yelled, flicking his wrists and deftly discarding the explosive clips, only to replace them with two more from his belt. "There's more where that came from!"

At his side, Estelle held her blade aloft, pointing it towards the cloud of smoke and flames now billowing from where Peregrine's explosive hail had struck. "Sir Arodring! Paladins!" she called, her voice carrying with authoritative force despite lacking the amplification of Robert's own. "Focus fire on the Caer!"

Towards the edge of what had once been the tournament staging area, Inarin had come to an abrupt stop in his retreat despite the urging of Dame Sorrel. The proselytes eyes were fixed on where Val was screaming and sobbing over his brother, wide with unreserved horror. He had turned at the sound of Nox's thundering footfalls when the Caer had descended upon his friends, fearing that it was he and the other proselytes that were the target of the charge. Upon recognising that they weren't, he could only let out a horrified cry.

He'd watched the bodyguards thrown aside like ragdolls, watched Jimmy crushed beneath the rampaging Caer's feet, and watched as Val was plucked from the ground and his brother cruelly impaled before him.

"No..." he whispered, tears welling in his eyes. "Selene, no... Al..."

"HELP! SOMEBODY!"

The sheer heartbreak in Val's screams broke the dam, and Inarin let out a despairing sob, his tears flowing freely.

"Inarin!" Luca pressed a hand to the younger boy's arm, trying to tug him back to moving forwards. "We have to keep moving, we can't wait ar-" he was interrupted by the first salvo of Peregrine's explosive shot, the sound of the explosion echoing across the field. "We have to g-" The second round followed a moment later, then the third.

As the detonations filled his ears and a cloud of smoke obscured Nox's demonic figure, Inarin could only stare at the twins. "I have to- Val... Jimmy... I can't just leave them..."

Crista stopped when suddenly Izaic's weight was almost completely on her.

"What are you doing?!" Crista shouted at Inarin as he stopped but then saw the horror raking through his body. She looked back over her shoulder, seeing the scene that had stopped him in his tracks. She felt a pang of sadness and she understood what was going on in Inarin's mind right now, but she also knew that letting him go back was suicide. She pushed Izaic against Inarin's side to grab his attention.

"I know what your thinking and I want to help too, but if we keep lingering here we are all gonna be dead. You already have a friend that needs your help. We have to take this one step at a time! As soon as you two are safe I have to go back out a fight and the longer we stand here the more people get hurt!"

"Hurry!" Madison shouted from the sidelines, trying to lead them out of the chaos.

Both the knight and the spirit were so ready to fight. All fired up, adrenaline rushing, this was a battle they were ready to pour themselves into!

... until the monster decided to run away. No- not running! They weren't his target... someone else was! Rushing towards Nox, Cayra shifted from a beast to a set of swords that mimicked Lucian's own. They floated through the air and followed the knight's motions.

Before he was able to catch up to the vampire, however, tragedy struck again. He witnessed the entire scene as he attempted to get to Nox, and Cayra surged forward ahead of him, but it was just too late. Though he didn't put the image from his mind, he used it to keep him moving, the swords thundering down in Nox's direction before he rushed away again.

Light be damned! thought Lucian, trying to find sight of the vampire again.

"Inarin! Keep your focus! We can't save everyone!" commanded Ghislain. "We're proselytes. Not even the paladins can face up against the beast. We just have to do what we can. Keep moving!"

Glutton hardly let the frost wolf rest. Though the frost slowed the demon slightly, it soon was absorbed into Glutton's body and he raced forward for them both.

Aderyn almost let out another scream. Her hand clapped over her mouth as she watched in silent horror, the woman freezing into an icy statue. "No... no... no, nonono, no. Oh, Wick."

This boy. She wouldn't even be able to touch this boy. She didn't even think Glutton would be able to face him in his current form. She squeezed her hand onto the pentagram and chanted. "Take more, take as much as you need as long as you can just stop them, Glutton."

Coralie screamed again, her hands coming up to her mouth as Abel was assaulted. Before she knew it, however, the Spawn was crushed and killed by a spell that betrayed her assumptions of the young man's abilities. For a time, she was speechless, but when all was done, she did reach for the boy's hand.

It was at this time that she noticed the smoke beneath his feet. Her eyes widened, and she yelled, "Abel!" before they were both consumed by the smoke.

Last edited:
“I hit him!” Mia was surprised and in shock the moment her sword came down on his shoulder, cutting into it with more force than she realized. The scream was expected, but what happened next wasn’t. Unknown to the Proselyte, he had been working on something and the moment he dropped to his knees, sword still wedged in the flesh, the orb exploded. She could only shriek briefly before her entire world went black. The only good thing about being frozen like that was she died instantly and would no longer feel any pain.

Like a beautiful frozen statue, Mia stood with the sword out, a sight to see no doubt. However, the moment Nathan pulled himself off of the frozen sword, the female was no longer being held upright and almost in slow motion, fell forward towards the ground. Her body nailed the frozen grass and brick-hard surface, shattering immediately into millions of squishy-gel-like frozen pieces that once upon a time made up a tan eighteen-year-old blonde female. Her emerald eyes still shone out of their eye sockets while her head, almost in one piece, bounced a bit away from what was left of her body.

Last edited:
"Concentrate fire!" Robert heeded Estelle's order. Not a moment later, a barrage of deafening gunfire perforated the smoke - streaks of burning white light in the black fog. No one could actually see Nox through the haze, but the sheer firepower of the barrage (nearly four rosaries, two lawkeepers and an exorcist, in all) ensured that nothing would have escaped the smoke untouched. They threw everything they had into the black: armor piercing rounds, consecrated bullets, two grenades - all complimented by four earth-shattering shots from Robert's exorcist, the force of each blast resonating across the entire park. It was a volley that would have leveled a house, disintegrated a tank, obliterated a whole battalion of vampires.

None of that mattered. As the volley ceased and an empty quiet filled the vacant chaos, only one thought lingered on the minds of the paladins glaring into the dissipating fog: was it enough to kill a Caer?

Given the intensity of the Monastic barrage, it was unclear if Lucian would have been able to get through to Nox. Perhaps he arrived after the paladins completed their assault.

---

Aaro sprinted through the desolate festival, rounding a corner just in time to watch a proselyte meet her end at Nathan's hands.

"Selene, no... Mia..." he whispered. Aaro had never seen someone die before - not up close. Death was the currency of a paladin, not a proselyte. Aaro had imagined he'd have to see someone die sooner or later - perhaps even do some killing, if he was to take the silver. But this? Bad guys were supposed to die. Criminals, murderers, mustached bank robbers. Proselytes weren't supposed to die. The people he cared about weren't supposed to die.

He flinched as her body hit the ground, bits of ice-flesh skittering past him. Her sword tumbled near his feet. Aaro bent and picked it up, staring at the weapon as if it were some bizarre artifact from beyond the Void. This was Mia's sword. Mia was dead.

He looked up at the ongoing fight, numb with shock and grief.

Several shots slammed into Duval from different directions, one slightly caving in her helmet and the other two denting and deflecting from her greaves. It had the desired effect of making the caer stumble backwards, even if the damage was minimal and easily healed. The charred monstrosity reached up and tore off her now-damaged helmet, revealing a familiar if pallid and corrupted face. What once were delicate blue-green eyes were replaced with a brilliant orange, filled to the brim with anger.

Her free hand reached out to swat Aurelion's blade away, in the same motion reaching farther in a bid to rake the metallic talons across his face.

"To arms!" Leandre shouted and squared up his stance. Even if his shield was damaged, Vanguard was pristine, and he would not back down until it was either Duval's or his own broken body in the dirt. He used the caer's attack as an opening to move closer and swipe at her now-exposed head with his blade.

Adrian was nearly catatonic from the enveloping chaos, and provided little resistance to Elisa as she dragged him along. He couldn't stop thinking about where Arien went, at times he wanted to go and look for him. Yet, he couldn't. It was for the best that he get away, his beloved wouldn't want to see him hurt. It was the least he could do, for him.

Through the chaos, he could hear a faint shouting, pleading for help. It sounded like someone he knew, but he couldn't make it out. The mere thought of it made him sick to his stomach. He could never stand seeing others suffer, and that brief calling further cemented it: Lefevre was in a waking nightmare.

Help! Somebody!

As faint as the shouting was, there was no mistaking it. Camille clearly heard Val's voice, struggling against the sounds of death and destruction. His stride was already shaky, but now he could barely stand. Tears began to flow en masse, as Lacroix stopped walking.

"I'm going back."

James looked down at Camille and placed a hand on his shoulder, and he briefly shot a glance to several Lacroix bodyguards that they had managed to rendezvous with.
"Camille, we can't. I'm under orders, and your safety comes first."

"I don't give a shit, James!" Lacroix spat and shoved away the guard's hand, "They're dying, I need to help them!" He tried to walk forwards, yet found several more hands and arms grabbing on to him.

"Master Lacroix, I'm sorry, but you are not going! We are leaving."

"No! Let me go, goddamnit!" Camille struggled against them, trying to bring forth his proselyte training to escape their grasps, but his trembling arms could only accomplish so much.

"STOP! LET ME GO! THEY NEED ME!" Lacroix's demands devolved into incoherent sobbing as he was dragged to one of several cars in a convoy. By the time they stuffed him into the vehicle, he had stopped resisting. All color had drained from his face, and his eyes had all but glossed over.

The sound of Valere screaming still echoed in his ears, long after Valentine Park left from view.

Abel and Coralie would both experience the same sensation, billowing smoke as far as the eye can see, yet so dense that ones own hands couldn't be seen, yet the air was crisp and clean unlike Lutetia City's light smog. They would still feel their hands grasping each other, even if they could not see it. Lachapelle was still being pulled along by the ankle, with an unknown hand grasping his leg.

When they would 'emerge', the sunlight was blinding. There would be no sound of explosions, no stench of flames and death, no chaos. Instead they found themselves outside of Lutetia City, at the edge of a great forest.

Two figures loomed over them, both clad in black. One bore a staff, a wide-brimmed hat and piercing silvery eyes, and the other held a long pipe and wore a porcelain mask. They would immediately recognize both as guests at the Arodrings' party, and Abel in particular felt a chill shoot down his spine upon seeing the latter witch.

The one in the mask spoke first.

"Are either of you injured?"

Though they could not see the source, they could feel a thrum of energy spring to life in the area as the gun fire began. The air in front of them would seem to dance and weave, something that could easily be a trick of the black fog around them. The air grew more frigid, as if threatening to draw the life from all around. Within an instant, the threads of what appeared in front of them seemed to shred as a gaping hole in reality sprung open where they were hurling their grenades and their bullets.

But more so, another yet just as wicked a tear opened up above the heads of the ones who pursued Nox, aiming to drop the spent ammo upon their heads like heaven's wrath.

Nox would feel a presence cover his own flesh like a second skin, although nothing was there, as words whispered into his ear before the unseen entity retreated back to the shadows in which it came.

Robert stiffened at the display of magic. With a flick of his wrist, a re-enforced vigilance unfolded from his armor's gauntlet and magnetized to his forearm. He braced himself against the shroud in expectation of a counter strike, stiffening as he noticed the portal opening above their heads. The attack wasn't coming from the front, but from above.

"Take cover!" he roared, but it was too late. Only one paladin managed to throw herself aside in time, and the force of the blasts still threw her far from the war zone. The rest were caught in a barrage of their own design - grenades, exorcist rounds, armor piercing bullets - some of most deadly weapons in the Monastic arsenal. It was worse than a mortar strike, a plume of fire and smoke rising into the air in a mushroom cloud and expanding a sea of smoke all around. The barrage would have destroyed virtually any supernatural entity with ease. But against humans? It wasn't even fair. Dufort and Perrin were, thankfully, outside of the blast zone, but they would be forced to watch as a whole squad of paladins were cut down.

When the smoke lifted, Robert alone still stood in the crater, ducked under a half-destroyed vigilance. His armor and shield had kept him alive, but the suit was badly damaged, sparks flying out of exposed wiring in the joints and deep gashes riddling the titanium and steel plating. He looked around at the mangled bodies of his peers, fist tightening around his claymore.

"Bastard..." he raged, "monster... murderer..." His HUD was on the fritz, static blurring his vision in and out of focus. Grunting, he reached up and detached the helmet from the suit, letting it fall to the ground. Robert's bare face tasted the open wind. He breathed deep of the war zone - the stench of smoke and fire, of decay and despair.

His comms were fried - he couldn't call for help. He couldn't run, not with his suit damaged as it was. Stranded in a smoking crater, surrounded by the corpses of his friends and allies, Sir Robert Arodring hefted sword and shield and looked Nox Caeruleum in the eye.

"Come on then, beastie," he spat blood, "an Arodring opposes you. If by my life I can deny you, I will."

---

Savien roared in a voice more beast than man, moving to the opposite side of Leandre's strike, flanking her. Their blades came down in unison, Andre's for her head, Savien's for the gap in her plate at the back of her knee. The sight of the Dread Knight's exposed face, decayed and corrupted, only served to feed Savien's rage. In many ways, this was so much worse than Nox. The Caer inheritor was unspeakably evil, but was marked from birth to fulfill his father's legacy. He was a mad dog - a cruel and remorseless beast that needed to be put down. But Duval? One of their own? A girl whom both Savien and Leon had grown up with? It was unforgivable. She at least was, or had been, human. She had known the Light.

The three knights struck as one, fighting cooperatively against a superior foe. It was what they'd been trained to do - to kill monsters, strong as they were, by using wits and tactics as much as their natural strength.

Last edited:
When the smoke finally cleared, Nox stood resolute, though suffering several grievous wounds. A chunk of his left shoulder, roughly the size of a Genarium ham, had tanked the brunt on one of Perin's explosive rounds and as a result, simply didn't exist anymore. Several of his ribs were exposed, the flesh shorn clean off of its obsidian bones, leaking equally black ichor. The right side of his face, monstrous as it was, now lacked a physical eye and yet, somehow, still shed its unnatural light. A clawed hand, missing two of its terrible sickles, ran itself through the remains of his hair, once again slicking it back out of his own face, covering his visage with yet more crimson, now equally mixed with his own night colored blood.

Much like Robert, the Caer took a deep breath, taking in the scents and sounds around him.

For a second, he'd felt his long dead heart thump to life in his chest. That would have been a disastrous blow. That could have ruined the rest of the plans he had for this gloriously violent holiday. But Zanzibar, dear Zanzibar, had effectively saved his life.

Ignoring his Monastic opponent, Nox took an almost casual moment to murmur to himself. "Mmm...Such a good pet. You will be well rewarded once he return home, sweet Zanzi."

He knew she could hear him, even within the void of his shadow. So close, always so close, never truly leaving his side unless he commanded it.

Already, those wounds were beginning to heal, even those dealt to him by consecrated projectiles. Under normal circumstances, even one such as he would've been hard pressed to seal such injuries as quickly as he appeared to be doing. But this was no normal day, so indulged was he on horror and blood and flesh and bone. Everything that was Nox was working at above peak efficiency.

And. It. Felt. Fucking. Amazing.

The spawn would receive a silent order, to find and gather Nathan, Duval, and Jamie to his side as quickly as they could manage to do so. They were wonderfully resource creatures, even with their dwindling numbers. Repopulating their ranks would be no easy feat after this level of publicity, but he'd make do. He always had.

Finally, he would acknowledge his paladin foe, gracing the Arodring with a toothy, gore filled smile. "It is not you I want, boy. I seek more succulent prey." Nox explained, raising his once injured, nay, missing fingers towards the approaching Master and her Lacroix accompaniment. "Its her I want..." He all but purred, before dashing to meet Dufort and Peregrine both, all but flying across the war zone with his recovered, terrible grace.

Aurelion jerked his head to the side, the dread knight's talons scoring a light slash to his cheek and grating along his helm with the ear-splitting screech of metal on metal. He recovered his control over his sword quickly, following its momentum with a step and drawing it back in, before this time attacking with a heavy two-handed swing aimed for the joint of her armour between her neck and shoulder plates, hoping to temporarily disable her right arm.

The battle raging between the order and Nox only a short distance away left Aurelion wanting nothing more but to turn and assist, to seek vengeance against the monster that had slain his family, but his brothers needed him here, in this fight. So instead, he sought to deny Nox this twisted facsimile of a woman he'd once looked up to. One minion less to stand between the two of them.

He could only pray that Inarin was safe, and force himself not to think of what could have happened.

By the time Arien reached the twins, blotting out the explosions that shook the rest of the battlefield, and pleading with whatever god that might be listening that no stray explosives ended up flying their way, Valére was blubbering incoherently while cradling the barely-conscious Alvére. Adam was lingering a few feet away, torn between interrupting to try and save his remaining employer, and knowing full well - even without his soul-reading - that short of physically dragging him away, Val wasn't going anywhere.

Yuri had pulled himself to his feet a short distance away, the shifted werewolf looking as much confused as anything else at being so effortlessly swatted aside, whilst Tara was cradling a broken arm at his side.

The vampire skidded to a halt, dropping down next to them and taking in Alvére's injuries. His stomach rolled. "Shit," he whispered.

"Arien," Val noticed him for the first time, lifting his gaze to him and trying to hold back his sobs long enough to speak. "Please, save him, you've got to- You can save him. You have to."

"I..." Arien's face was panicked. "I don't know if I can, I... this is..."

"Arien please. Y- you-" Val cut off with another sob, clutching his brother's hand.

Clenching his fists, Arien looked up, casting his eyes around. Paladins everywhere. Dying paladins, but paladins all the same. If anyone even glanced at them... "Val, can you hide us?"

"Wh-what?"

"Can you hide us? I ... I might be able to help him, but there's only one way I can do that, and nobody can see. You understand what I mean?"

Eyes widening, Val didn't even hesitate. He nodded. "Do it. Do it. Just save him, please. I can- I-"

"Then do it!" Arien hissed. "I don't even know if this will work, we can't spare another second."

"Y-yeah, on it." Val gave Al's hand one final squeeze and rose unsteadily to his feet. Trying to block out the screams of the dying around him, and the ever present pressure of Nox's aura, the young necromancer took a deep breath and spread his palms. As he did, a thick inky blackness began to snake out from them, swirling outwards and around him, Arien and Alvére. The darkness billowed out like smoke, rising up to swallow them whole and obscuring them entirely from the rest of the battle in a dome of solid blackness.

At the edge of the dome, Adam ran a hand through his hair, swearing. "What the shit, kid? I ought to just fucking leave you here..."

A looming presence behind him prompted him to turn, finding Yuri standing here, amber eyes staring down from his wolfish face in challenge.

"Yeah, yeah..." Adam rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to the Caer, glad to see it charging away from them. "Ought to doesn't mean going to... Judgemental ass. I'd like to see you act so fearless when you're a plain old human."

The combined urging of Crista, Ghislain and Luca finally coaxed Inarin into tearing his eyes away from where Val was screaming and sobbing. Arien had gone to him, and they were close friends. If anyone would be able to help him now...

...the proselyte forced himself to stop. He wasn't even sure what he meant by 'help'. Drag him away to safety? Comfort him in the middle of a warzone? Inarin didn't know what he would do if Aurelion was killed in front of him like that, and the twins were even closer than the two of them. His heart ached with the desire to do something - anything to help his friend, but the others were right... he had to help Izaic right now, and not get himself killed trying to be everywhere at once.

Knowing that it was the logical thing to do didn't make it hurt any less to turn his back on them. But he did it. Tears streamed down his face as he started moving towards Madison's location, eyes on the ground, focusing on putting one foot in front of the other.

"Wait!" Luca's sharp hiss for them to stop drew Inarin's eyes back up. The other proselyte raised his blade as a familiar figure stepped into view.

'Noah' had seemingly recovered quickly from Sir Lacroix's gunshots. The impostor's eye was back, and the only sign of the other strikes on him were a few bloody tears in his uniform. A new sword was sheathed at his side. His eyes were not on them, this time, but on the assault on the Caer. No doubt intent on going to his master's aid, Luca thought, scowling and preparing himself for renewed battle.

Last edited:
Once he caught sight of the demon vampire a third time, he fought to intercept again. Still, the beast was just so fast. If he was coming straight at him, they might have a chance, but this consistent moving was making it hard for Lucian to pin him down.

I'd kill for that speed right now, thought Lucian.

Be careful what you wish for, knight, echoed Cayra in his mind. You might just get it.

With a grin, Lucian saw the swords of light rush forward ahead of him in blurry streaks of flame, attempting to calculate his path and intercept, surrounding him in a ring of fiery swords aimed at his body. They spun rapidly and tried to close in on the demon's ruined, but functional form.

Upon seeing Noah, Ghislain sank into a stance, holding his sword. There was no way he was going to be able to face up against the imposter himself... but he could add as a distraction so Izaic and the rest had a chance.

"Selene Praise, if the children are dead..."

He had been in the car driving by when the bombs went off. It didn't take him much time to get out of the car and see the smoke rising from the arena. With an urgent limp, he strode across the frost-stiffened grass of the park with the help of his cane, blind and deaf to the chaos around him as he looked for the only two people that mattered in this bedlam.

As he was halfway across the park to the explosion, the guttural screams captured his ears, prompting the white-haired priest to pause.

"What in the name of the Wick," he spat, eyes bulging as he watched a horde of nightmares spill from every angle around them. With a grit to his teeth and a vicious growl of frustration, his thumb slipped beneath the silver head of his cane and pushed a brilliant blade from its scabbard. Just as one of the monstrosities reached him, he whipped the wicked blade past its throat and severed its head from its body. "Come to me!" he taunted the other spawn, arms spread wide. "Come and be cleansed!"

Crista's eyes widened at seeing the form of 'Noah' but turned her attention back to her current objective. These kids needed to get to safety now! Once Inarin was back on track she quickly made her way towards Madison.

"Quick this way."

Once Madison had the group with her she led them away from the park into an alley way. When they reached the back of the alley she opened a back door into a building that she was using as a safe haven for survivors.

"Hurry inside."

She ushered all of them in before stepping in behind them and closing the door. The room they entered was almost full with the survivors that Madison had gathered in her ventures through the park. She had been very lucky to find them. She tip toed her way through the people and found an empty space on the floor for them.

"Lay him down over here."

Crista with Inarin's help carried Izaic into the room and laid him on the floor where Madison had made room for them.

'Noah' glanced at the retreating proselytes and paladin as they departed, but made no move to intercept them, instead starting forwards towards the Caer. The group were able to make their way through the park with minimal difficulty, fending off those few stray spawn that came their way, and they reached the building across the way from the park in good time, although who knew how much would have transpired in the time it took them to make their way out through the carnage?

Inarin had recovered his composure enough to help Crista support Izaic the rest of the way, though tears still stained his cheeks. Once he was laid down, the proselyte quickly set to undoing the straps on his classmates' armour. "N-need to g-get you out of this so ... so that the cleric can ... can help you," he mumbled, working at the buckles almost mechanically.

Whilst the others were tending to Izaic, Luca sank down against one of the walls, wincing. The front of his uniform was soaked with crimson from the gash across his chest. He'd probably made it worse by continuing to fight whilst ignoring it, but what choice had he had? He leaned his head back, propping it against the brick of the wall and focused on trying to blot the pain out.

Samson met Glutton's charge with another roaring blizzard projected from his maw, weaving to the side in an attempt to direct the blast so as to strike the demon in the side and propel him off of his charge.

Nathan, in the meantime, was still clutching at his wound. The boy was wracked with whimpering sobs as pain spiked through his entire body, his tears freezing even as they fell to form tiny crystalline droplets that clinked down onto the frozen ground beneath him. The injury was starting to heal, but the agony was overwhelming. He barely seemed conscious of the fight continuing between Samson and Glutton mere meters away from him.

Perrin's face twisted in horror as around him, his brothers and sisters were cut down en mass by their own munitions. The young paladin's resolve wavered as faces he'd spent more than a decade of his life training, learning and laughing with were obliterated in an instant. His grip on his pistols tightened till his knuckles were white, his hands shaking.

"Stand firm, Sir Lacroix!" Beside him, Master Dufort stood ready, her own lawkeeper now raised. "Stand and avenge the fallen!"

And then the Caer was bolting towards them, and they were out of options. He could stand firm, or die broken.

"GAAH!" Perrin screamed with anger and pulled the triggers on his guns again, unloading both of them at the charging monster. TH-THOOM, TH-THOOM, TH-THOOM.

Two of the shots went wide, as the Gunslinger put all of his energy into firing as quickly as possible rather than with his normal pinpoint accuracy, so as to release his salvo before the monster drew too close. The remaining four high explosive rounds were aimed true, along with half a clip's worth of consecrated lead from Estelle's gun, straight into the charging beast's form with time to spare - delayed as he was by the flaming swords of their unknown ally.

There was a click as Perrin turned the cylinders of his gun back to consecrated rounds. His high explosive reserves were depleted, but he wasn't about to bank on the Caer having been stopped.

"Perrin!"

Peregrine's eyes flicked briefly to the side to glance at the source of the cry, widening in shock. It was Noah. The impostor.

Or ... wait.

The paladin's eyes widened even further, as the white-cloaked youth drew forth his sword from its scabbard. A burst of shimmering light poured forth from the blade, a gleaming beacon amidst the storm. Once shattered, now reforged anew, Deliverance once more cast its purging aura on to a battlefield where Winter walked.

Light. Noah..? But how?

Perrin shoved away his questions. There wasn't any time to wonder as to why, or how Noah had come to wield such a weapon. They needed every advantage they could muster, and a consecrated sword wielded by a powerful animancer was one that he most certainly wasn't going to sniff at. The warden hurried over to join them, the warm glow of Deliverance washing over them comfortingly as Noah took a ready stance. He and Perrin exchanged no further words, only a nod of acknowledgement.

Madison assited Inarin in removing the proselyte's armor and had them set it aside. She drew from her back a roll of bandages, some gauze, surgical needle and thread, and two vials of salve. Before she began tending to Izaic's wounds she turned to Crista who was still standing nearby. Crista had been about to leave and return to the battle field outside but was stopped by Madison's calming tone.

"Dame Sorrel, please take this vial to man who came in with you. The one leaning on the wall over there." She directed Crista's attention toward's Luca. "I need to treat this proselyte first but I will get to him in a moment." Leaving Crista to it she turned her attention back to Izaic, examining his wounds and seeing what needed immediate treatment.

Crista took the vial of red potion and skirted her way through the survivors before finding her way to Luca. She knelt down next to him and offered him the vial.

"Here it looks like you need this."

Leandre's strike was the first to connect, though against steel rather than flesh. In the blink of an eye Duval had raised her infernal weapon to catch Vanguard. Savien's was the next to land, actually finding purchase in the knight's leg. Foul oily ichor squirted from the wound and the Caer roared not in agony, but in rage. The embers lining the monstrosity's armor once again flared and rekindled. By the time Aurelion's weapon hurtled towards her neck, she leaned to the side to send the weapon skidding along her pauldron and gauntlet. Her wound continued to soak the ground around her in foul blood, and the stench of petroleum would begin to fill the paladins' nostrils.

With the brief distraction, Elisabeth rotated her weapon in her hand and gripped the blade with her off-hand, then drove the fiery pommel into Leandre's stomach. His cuirass buckled under the monster's force, leaving a scorched puncture in the Fortress's armor and, subsequently, his gut. This scored a shout in pain from the elder paladin and gasps for air as he was shoved towards Nuvellon.

As she was preparing to fend off Savien, she heard the familiar screeches of a spawn, and simply kicked his sword away from her and looked down at the creature, expecting a reason for the ghoul's approach.

"Master! Help! Master! Help!" Only two words came from the spawn, its feebly shattered mind not capable of much more than that. It was pitiful, really, but the Caer understood its request. She picked up the creature by the throat and looked back towards the paladins.

"Very well. Keep them distracted, would you?" The caer stamped her foot into the ground. Sparks came from her heel.

FWOOM!

All of the former blood on the floor exploded into hellfire, in a large patch around Elisabeth and the paladins, even engulfing Durandet's blood-soaked blade in flames. Line of sight was more or less broken between the knight and the paladins. Then, after briefly admiring her handiwork, she tightened her grip on the spawn, then pitched it as hard as she could into the flames and towards Savien, the now-alight creature shrieking and flailing in a panicked whirlwind of claws and teeth.

With that, Elisabeth turned and left, thundering across the park to find her sire's uncle.

Whatever victory Savien might have relished in wounding Duval evaporated with her counter attack. Flames erupted around the paladin and obscured his vision in a wave of heat and bright. He snarled, the unprotected bottom half of his face stinging with intense pain. The warrior quickly backstepped, falling into a defensive position in anticipation of...

...nothing. Why wasn't she pressing her advantage? He found his answer peering into the haze of flames, the Dread Knight seemingly moving away from their fight, not towards. Not a counterattack. A distraction. She was trying to escape.

"FUCK. YOU." He roared, springing into action and charging his foe. She would not escape to join her master. She would pay. He would pay. Vivid images raged in his mind - the Caer Lord disemboweled at his feet, Duval's pretty little head mounted on the tip of his sword. He wanted to hear their screams, to relish their pain, to give them just an inkling of the suffering they'd given the rest of the world before ending their miserable lives once and for all.

Blind with rage, Savien did not question his battle-torn muscles as they complied with his commands unflinchingly. He did not ponder why the injuries which had kept him from standing up not thirty seconds ago evaporated in the face of his overwhelming wrath. On the contrary, he felt strong - stronger than he'd been in a long time. The puncture wounds splotching his back and chest were no less incensed, but the pain was different; motivating rather than debilitating. They were the spurs in the side of a racehorse, a whipcrack on the back of a laboring slave. It fueled him, drove him onward, carried him through the fire and smog towards the oathbreaker, sword poised to pierce down her throat into her bowels...

The spawn slammed into his chest faster than a speeding train. He flew back ten feet with the monster buried in his torso and rolled with it in the grass for another fifteen. He broke two ribs on impact and refractured his broken arm somewhere around the eight roll. His cast was undone. His helmet flew off his pauldrons and landed in a pile of smoking rubble. The concussion alone should have rendered him unconscious immediately, let alone what the spawn would do to him after that. They ended up colliding with a nearby tent, disappearing into waves of billowing silk.

---

"No you don't!" Robert snarled, already moving after the Caer. The paladin raced towards Nox, the heavy thud of his steps like drums in the grass. Though the Caer lord doubtless would have arrived first, Robert was not far behind. Ere he had long engaged Perrin, Dufort and the newly arrived Noah (as well as Lucian's spell), he would be assailed by a huge greatsword swung downward at his back, hefted with enough strength to cut halfway through a sedan. Robert's already considerable strength was bolstered by his power armor to near-supernatural levels.

---

Aaro was awakened from his shock at the ongoing fight between Samson and Glutton. He gripped Mia's sword and looked hungrily at the fallen Nathan - the boy whom Aaro had just watch murder his friend. The paladin in Aaro urged him to take advantage of the monster's weakness, to avenge his sister... but that part of Aaro was small and untrained. He was brave enough to charge into danger and find his friends, but to actually fight? That was a different caliber of courage altogether. With no small amount of shame, the proselyte took up Mia's blade and ran away from the duel towards where he'd last seen Jimmy run off to...

"I'm sorry, Mia..." he whispered, tears brimming at his eyes. "...I'm not strong enough."

The shots from Peregrine's Lawkeepers slammed into his neck, his shoulder, his solar plexis, causing the undead abomination to stumble as massive chunks of his body burst into the air, consuming his frame in pocket explosions of fire and heat and shrapnel. Metal ripped into him, replacing bone and viscera, all but canceling his charge, though not sending him to his knees nor to the ground below him.

But he did stop short of his desired foes...so very close...

Skidding to a halt, Nox's stomping talons would kick up a spray of frozen grass and sod towards the Monastic Master and the gunslinging paladin. He wasn't quite within arms reach of the duo, but he was close, so very close, his aura slamming into them like a palpable wall of frost and dread, weighing down the air around them as if it were a physical force. But he couldn't engage them, no, not quite yet. The troublesome spirit from before caught up to his impressive speed. Surrounded him in a single blink of his luminescent cyan orbs. Swirling, fiery brands steeped in divine, spiritual energy, shooting towards his chest and spine, all across his torso.

Their approach would seem to slow to a crawl the closer they drew to the Caer.

Several would seem to freeze in place, unmoving, even the wicks of their flame-based form frozen, hung in the air.

Others would find themselves accosted by tendrils of his aura made manifest, black icy tendrils comprised of fel eldritch power plucking and coiling towards the blades of holy light.

Still, at least a third of them would find their mark, sinking various distances into his dead, grey flesh, the wounds billowing black smoke and oozing demonic ichor. Two in the chest, one in the stomach, another in the spine, one more pinning his left arm against his side and piercing into his ribs.

And then the Arodring! He felt the church's steel cut deep into him! Ripping through bone and blood and flesh like a hot knife through butter!

Nox did not so much as buckle.

Nox did not so much cry out in pain.

He roared, the area around him suddenly enveloped in a colossal wave of force! The two paladins, the master, the injured animancer already once his foe, and especially the spirit would feel it wash over them, a sickening field of hate and hunger and raw fury that plucked at their minds, tore at their very essence! Spinning on his heels, the Caer Patriarch held out a massive claw that cut through the space between him and Robert, nails the size of short swords aimed for whatever part of the paladin they could find!

Last edited:
Back