[Medieval Fantasy] Synchronicity Interest Check

M

Meliodas

So quite some time ago I joined an RP that was based off something they call a Vocaloid, which I don't even quite understand, but aside the point! The story was compelling and although there was a great deal of information out there about this story, it wasn't at all very concrete or detailed. From what I had available to me, it was a short video series posted on Youtube that was mostly a slideshow of artwork with subtitles. Things were vague, and I believe there could potentially be a short novel on this subject and a lot of various fanfictions or interpretations. You might be able to find more than me on this subject, but it isn't really important to me. I'll detail the idea below, and throw in some reference material if you are interested. I don't plan on following the source too strictly, I just want to take from the general idea and actually expand on it. This could potentially turn into an epic RP all things considered.

The "Idea"
From what I can gather, this is a medieval fantasy world where in ancient times a war-torn world saw the rise of a mighty dragon who basically destroyed everything. This creature was unmatched by any force known to man and was practically unstoppable which posed a major problem. So, this creature would rise in times of great conflict to bring about an end. Long story short, something they call a Diva was made to sing to the dragon (who was placed in a cave) in order to calm him so he wouldn't destroy the world. In reality, she had some power or balance of light and dark that allowed her to do this... and throughout the generations, a new Diva is chosen after the reign of the last one, etc. It is a really a sad job because you are stuck in a cave all your life trying to stop the end of the world. Eventually, the worlds adopted a draconic religion which I haven't found any real details on. And legends have come and gone, the dragon myth has been lost but those few at the top know what is going on and handle the problem.

The present issue is the current Diva is a young girl and she is dying, slowly, painfully... trying to sustain the dragon. Nobody really knows why but the truth is she was snatched at birth from her sibling (twins, male/female) and their power was split. The male had the power of light, she dark, etc. This has never happened! Light is basically the crucial part of this, and there has never been a male Diva so oops. But, the story revolves around her male twin finding out she exists sometime in his teens and he has visions of her so he goes on a massive mission to find her.

Although the story is more expansive than this, this is a general idea. While this isn't a part of the original story, the RP I was a part of had an evil tyrant of a Queen who ran a kingdom and she was the one who split these two twins up. She has her own thing going on in her kingdom and meanwhile there are other kingdoms (three in total) that don't quite get along. And each nation is kind of different, you have a militaristic one, and etc. So while you have the main story of heroes that the twin meets along the way, you have impending doom from a dragon with a dying Diva, magic forces trying to thwart this, warring nations, etc, etc. Be lots of conflict and agendas and the goal would be to get everyone to work together (which I don't expect to happen).

I have a lot of little ideas but I want to just share the basics. Below is a list of some of the source material I have.

Wiki w/ videos
Blog of interest that covers interpretations of story

I'm sure you could find more. I don't have a timetable on this due to time constraints but if it really takes off, I'd be glad to get it going - hopefully as an Epic potentially if I can get some other GM support. I can't manage this on my own and I will probably play a side character (although I was playing the twin last time). I'd rather just guide this along and get some assistance in running it.

~M

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, for whatever reason, I decided to go ahead and make an OOC which can be found in the OOC thread. I would toss up a link if it weren't for being on my phone. Hopefully I elaborated a bit more, but, I really plan a character driven experience with plenty of quests and subplots that the users come up with (on top of a main story).

Many of the roles have their own story or backstory for that matter which will add to the overall experience. So, that is the main reason I left it vague. I like to create a sense of surprise and leave things open to explore and create.

~M

Back