Monochrome Musings

Monochrome

perpetually tired.
spirax.regular.png

Hello, reader. I'm not a familiar face around here because while I have made an account, I haven't exactly been active on the roleplaying or general forums, and it has been a while since I last really had a good roleplay to look forward to. Real life can be a bitch, and it kicked me quite a lot. But now I'm able to sit down and spend some more time trying to reconnect to an old passion.

Please refer to me as Chrome. I've been roleplaying for five to six years, though I've taken some off times and my writing has recently gotten rusty because of a very long period without practicing.

Favorite Genres | Genres I Love
  • Modern Fantasy
  • Mythological Fantasy
  • Alternative History
  • Supernatural
  • Romance
  • Paranormal
  • Suspense/Psychological
Okay Genres | Genres I Like
  • Slice-of-Life
  • Low Fantasy
  • Horror
  • Drama
  • Political Intrigue
  • Vampires and Werewolves
As a partner, you can expect the following from me:
  • I can give one post per day to a few posts per week.
  • Three to five full paragraphs per post is my regular posting length.
  • Collaboration when it comes to plotting and worldbuilding. I prefer to take on an equal role instead of being passive when it comes to moving the plot forward or developing the world with my partner.
  • Honesty. I will always tell you when I can't make a post or when I will be gone or busy for periods of time, and when I lose interest in a roleplay.
  • I prefer to play a female role since I'm more comfortable with that. But I can still play a male role if it fits the plot we worked out.
Thank you for reading through that. So, if you like those things, we'll likely get along really well, reader! Shall we move on to the next part? Rules may be boring, but they keep things neat and organized, don't they?

spirax.regular.png

• I would much appreciate it if we both can meet up to around 3-5 full paragraphs in our replies. Before I get a feel for a partner, I will often mirror the effort you put into your posts.
  • Similar to the above rule, please maintain acceptable grammar and spelling.
  • A character sheet is good enough with the basic information like the name, a short background, and a brief summary of your character's personality. Other things that apply would be abilities and appearance. You may use either a written description, a faceclaim, or both.
  • Collaborate and discuss with me on what you want out of the roleplay.
  • Please don't repeatedly harass or message me about replying. Just once is enough, if I really am busy then I will tell you.
  • Please tell me if you're going to be busy or if you're going to be unable to reply for an extended period of time. I would like a partner that can post at least once a week in a roleplay.
  • If you have lost interest or want to discontinue the roleplay, please be upfront with me instead of dodging around the subject by saying you are "busy". I will know if you have lost interest if you say that but I see you posting in and joining other roleplays. I could appreciate the honesty and directness more than that.
Honestly, I'm not that strict, but I would love for there to be honesty and communication between me and my partners.

spirax.regular.png

These are incredibly vague and basic, and I don't want to just roleplay a pairing for the sake - of, well, the pairing. These are meant for you if you also want to plot a full story out with me. The roles in bold are my preferred roles to play, but I can also play the other role with a good story.
  • Royalty (Prince/Princess) x Bodyguard - TAKEN BY @King Lurk
  • Android/Homunculus/Artificial Human x Creator
  • Pirate x Kidnapped Royalty/Noble
  • Vampire x Human
  • Vampire x Werewolf
  • Kidnapper x Kidnapped
  • Mythical Being x Human

spirax.regular.png

There will be more plots listed eventually. These are more specific and have a premise ready already, but we can still add more to the story once we get down to it.

Royalty Plots
  1. An irritable female knight (Muse A) is charged with the burden of rescuing the King’s brother after he’s been taken prisoner and held for ransom; the royal caravan was waylaid by a band of hooded assailants led by Muse B, a dastardly unknown marksman. Muse A realizes that her best chance of finding the King’s brother is to be ‘caught’ by Muse B too, so she orchestrates a clever plan to appear like a helpless damsel and soon enough she is successfully abducted by Muse B. When the knight is left alone in a dank dungeon, she is able to go in search of the King’s brother. Suspicious of his latest capture, Muse B stops Muse A in her tracks and they engage in hand-to-hand combat. It isn’t until Muse B is momentarily overtaken by Muse A that Muse A notices the birthmark on Muse B’s neck, the very same mark that all of the males of the royal family possess. Muse B is of royal blood and seems to have no idea. TAKEN BY @the_miserable
  2. Muse A is a young queen who has married into a dysfunctional royal family. Though her husband, the king, is even-tempered and kind-hearted, there are constant feuds between the king’s siblings who rule the neighboring kingdoms. During a lavish banquet, a fierce swordfight breaks out between rival members of the noble family and the good king is slain in the process of trying to keep the peace. Sadness sweeps over the kingdom and other rulers from far and wide come to the funeral to pay their condolences to the bereaved queen. Muse B, a beautiful elf who is next in line to their throne, dutifully makes the journey on behalf of their ailing father though they want nothing to do with kingship or the responsibilities that the crown entails. When Muse B meets Muse A they discover that they are kindred spirits, Muse A never wanted to be royalty either. The unlikely pair decide to run away together in the dead of night, consequences be damned.
Slice-of-Life
  1. Muse A owns a flower shop next to the cozy cafe where Muse B works as a barista. Despite seeing Muse B every morning and having pleasant chats with them when they go to the cafe to order coffee, Muse A is too shy to tell Muse B about the romantic feelings they’ve been harboring for them for the last few months. One day, Muse B heads into the flower shop and places an order for a beautiful bouquet to be sent to a ‘special someone’. Muse A is terribly jealous, wishing that Muse B would show such interest in them, so they impulsively put a nasty message in the blank card and sign it with Muse B’s name before sending the delivery out. Muse B storms into the shop after the flowers have been delivered, demanding to know why Muse A sent such a terrible note to their mother, whom the flower order was intended. Now Muse A must explain themselves and confess how they really feel and hope that Muse B will forgive them/feel the same.
Artificial Humans and Androids
  1. Muse B is a recent college graduate with a major in clinical psychology who was recently recruited by a shady company that claims to work on creating the first truly sentient android. When they first come into their job, they are told that they will be keeping track of the progress of Muse A, who at a first glance looks almost like any other human being - but in reality is a very life-like android. Muse B is unnerved at first meeting with the android Muse A, noticing the more programmed responses as they begin to talk to them - without the company yet telling them that they are talking to an android as part of the test. Once Muse A passes that test, they are truly hired. The company claims that they are close to creating true sentience and emotions with Muse A, but something is quite lacking... And it's part of Muse B's job to teach the android what it means to be "human".

spirax.regular.png

Please tell me in this thread or through PM. I am currently able to keep up with two partners.

Slots
2/2

@the_miserable
@King Lurk

Last edited:
@King Lurk has taken the second partner slot. The partner search is closed for now, but I will reopen if there's an opening again or I can take on more partners.

Back