Neophyte questions

Jtec

- How hard to people judge you for being terrible at writing?

- Any unspoken rules that one should know about?

- Shouldn't there be some known set of rules in a roleplay, in order for it to stay realistic(in the standards of the roleplay universe)?

- How hard to people judge you for being terrible at writing?
Don't really? :p
- Any unspoken rules that one should know about?
Don't be a dick. Be patient. Mostly, don't be a dick.
- Shouldn't there be some known set of rules in a roleplay, in order for it to stay realistic(in the standards of the roleplay universe)?
Depends on the roleplay. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

To answer your first question, when it comes down to writing then I assure you that there is not much to fear. As long as you put your heart into whatever you are writing then you are already on the right track. You will find that people are a lot more understanding or patient than you might have thought before. However, there may be a few people here and there that will be a bit unreasonable, but you have nothing to fear from them.

As for your second question, when it comes down to the essence of roleplaying, you want to be sure that you are playing a character that is reasonable throughout the story you are participating in. Being a mortal in a story is much more entertaining to the readers if you know what I mean. There must be hardships and obstacles that must be overcome! Another bit of advice would be to let your story partners take their time with the story. If you just try to hurry things along then it may interrupt an ingenious idea that someone may have come up with not too long ago. So be sure to communicate with your fellow rpers!

And finally the third question. When it comes down to the logic of a story and the obvious rules, that is all dependent upon the genre of story that is set out before you. If you just so happen to be in a story that involves fantasy themes, then don't be afraid to throw a bit of magic in here and there. Of course, you will want to talk to the rp creator first to make absolutely sure that you aren't doing something completely outrageous to the theme of the story. The most important factor of all is to just have fun. rping wouldn't be sure exciting if it was nothing but stressful and restricting.

Just be sure to have fun my friend!

Back