Oban Star Racers: Hyperdrive (name pending)

IItNeverGetsBetterThanThis

Approximately 4 bees in 1 barrel
First and foremost, you might not have noticed the "fanfiction" prefix, this will be a roleplay based on the world of (not necessarily the characters of) a French/Japanese Anime TV show called "Oban Star Racers". While having watched the show before is a good thing overall (as its a fantastic little show), it is unnecessary for playing, in fact, it helps the story somewhat, as we will be following a similar (albeit not same) plot fro the show. That said, if you enjoyed the show and have ever thought this might be neat, or are just interested by the tags/prefix, I implore you to read on a bit.

With that out of the way, let's begin.

Plot bite:
On the glowing screen in front of you, a figure of glowing light, dressed in regal-looking robes stood atop the table in holographic form. It's voice, deep, yet calming, spoke in a deafening volume.

"Your world has been chosen to participate in the Great Race of Oban!" It began. "Many worlds have been selected for this race, including yours! From here until the date of the Great Race's beginning, there will be a peace treaty, the Great Treaty of Oban, to allow every civilization in the universe to prepare. Good luck, and may you race well!"

The recording ended with lines and lines of data beginning to write themselves into the table, and after all the relevant information had recorded itself in the device, an odd symbol glows right in the center of the table, with the shape of what looks like two ovals and a singular dot in the center, for a mere moment, before fading away as well.

What to expect:
Welcome to the great race of Oban! A race to see who in all the worlds will win the ultimate prize: A wish, with no rules, and no limits. hundreds of worlds are selected to see who among them has the technology, grit, and raw willpower to gain this prize. Each racer uses, well, a Star Racer, or a large vehicle, often made custom to the pilot or pilot's needs. They're primarily hovering vehicles, but they all share a common trait: They either go fast or hit hard. Sometimes both. They can be natural vehicle like a giant beetle or a giant machine with extreme amounts of thrust.

In terms of character creation, anything is possible. From your standard human and Elven style races and whatnot, to creatures of eldrich form, made of metal and use magic as well as science. Anything is possible in the world of Oban. But of each race, there can only be one team. If you have friends you love to RP with, make a race of beings so you, too, can try to gain the ultimate prize. Or, leave slots open and see who joins your team to add a unique dynamic.

A team is as follows:

A Race Manager: A coach, organizer, direct contact to your home world to hear what they want you to do, they're the manager. Every good team needs a good manager.

A Mechanic: Someone has to keep the star racer in tip-top shape, generally, this is the mechanic. There can be up to three mechanics on a team, but it's suggested to keep the number smaller.

A Pilot: Pilots are the ones risking their lives on the race track of Oban. Out there, it's a very real possibility that you can get hurt or die horribly, so only the bravest of the brave and best of the best pilot. A crew can be of any size realistically on a Star Racer given it can fit them all, but most teams stick to a size of three at the absolute most, one, a main pilot, while the other two are pilots in case of emergency, or even man the guns or other weapons of a racer.

And no job requires you not be also on another. You can be a mechanic, and the race manager, or a pilot and a mechanic. But remember, this will come with more work for that character.

Each will also have very important roles of course. And if your team doesn't receive enough members, of course, I will work to assist you.

And as to who will win... It will be up to you to decide. Star Racers will be limited in some ways to improve the balance of the game, but the actual race will come down to a system I've devised for finding a winner. But I will reveal more in time!

So, you interested? Add a message below!

I LOVED THIS SHOW SO MUCH! I would love to join this if you are still looking. ^.^

Back