Phobias and Scares

^^Don't click the spoiler yeeesh

Pretty bad, considering I'm not a kid anymore but the dark? It's just what could possibly be in the dark that just freaks me out a little.

I can sleep with the lights off but I'd be damned if I slept without my duvet lol

I didn't seem to find a thread on this discussion so I thought it would be cool to make one. Tell me of your phobias and what you find scary in this thread. I'm really curious and interested in what people view as scary.
I'll share as well.

For phobias, I have a huge phobia of birds due to a traumatizing experience I had when I lived in Seattle. At the time I was five and my mom and I were on the beach. I wanted to feed the birds so my mom gave me the bucket of bread she had brought with us and I ran out to the few birds that were on the shore and started to feed them. Sadly, this brought at least a good 30-40 seagulls to the shore. I wasn't scared at first but that's when things went out of hand. Next thing I know, I was chased up and down the beach by so many seagulls, pecking at me until I dropped the bucket.
Even though it's debatable on whether it's a true phobia or not, I have trypophobia. If you don't know what that is, look it up but avoid the images that come up from that search, it just makes things so much worse.

As for scares, I watched the first Grudge movie at a young age and had nightmares for a month straight. Ever since then, I can't stand to hear the sound or see pictures of the actress who played the...main person.
I also found Mickey Mouse really unsettling, I can't explain it but I never liked the iconic mouse.
My phobia is definitely arachniphobia, as for fear, I am honestly scared of dying by cancer, absolutely wanna go some other way.

Spiders.
Spiders, and heights.
Like, holy Cheezus do I tremble before spiders.
They're eight-legged embodiments of Satan himself that can climb walls and ceilings. They can also spin webs from their butts, which is absolutely TERRIFYING.
Agreed, when I see a spider, it's time to break out the newspaper.

For me, it's pretty much trypophobia explicitly as skin conditions.

People make those fake pictures to disgust anyways :p

maxresdefault.jpg
Arq.
Why.
Just why?

Also, I don't have any explicit phobias, but I am easily scared. It's hard to make me very scared, but it's not hard to make me a little scared.
I also have a very irrational fear every time I go in or out of an elevator: I worry that the elevator's going to drop while I'm in the door, and slice me in half as it falls down.

Arq.
Why.
Just why?

Also, I don't have any explicit phobias, but I am easily scared. It's hard to make me very scared, but it's not hard to make me a little scared.
I also have a very irrational fear every time I go in or out of an elevator: I worry that the elevator's going to drop while I'm in the door, and slice me in half as it falls down.
Spine chilling innit? That's the message I'm trying to convey >:3

Anything can be disgusting if you make it so, but this... This is
"euhghghegeh"

I have no real phobias I suppose, nothing that makes me really stressed out. I do have a general fear of falling, although that's probably more instinct considering humans aren't supposed to really be anywhere particularly high up, especially not flying c':

Also, not gonna lie, Donald Trump genuinely terrifies me. I'm so glad I don't live in America ;w;

Falls not secured by glass or rails, otherwise I'm fine. Also turning cars when they have headlights pointing at you, just a little.

i don't know how people are scared of spiders lmao they're kinda cute tbh.

But also I grew up in cattle farm, outback victoria. You had to look out for spiders in your clothing or shoes because those venomous fuckers were everywhere.

fear wise, I have a fear of confinement and very crowded spaces, I can't stand it and don't necessarily get anxious, but I get really jumpy and agitated, like that snappy mood where the smallest thing can set you off. I probably got the fear because I can't stand not being able to see everyone, plus the exit, at all times, I guess I have more of a fear of not being able to escape/protect myself.

I also cannot stand moths, get those things away from me.

Back