Pokemon: Chalcedony

Doodles

A scribble
Be prepared, y'all, this read is a doozy...​
Welcome to the Chiba region! This will be an open-world pokemon roleplay. There will be gyms and the Elite Four and such, but those will all be optional.

There are four main different types of "classes" or roles that are available to roleplay as; a Trainer, a Gym Leader, an Elite Four, and a Team Leader. It is divided in such a way to allow me to focus much more easier on who's who and who's where and all that stuff. Basically, I'm trying to keep order.

The Trainers, Gym Leaders, and Team Leaders are allowed to sign up and such, while the Elite Four will be handpicked from one of the other lists by me as the roleplay goes on. This is to show me who will not abuse the power of being an Elite Four. The Champion will be a mystery ;)
Trainers
There will be three main trainers. This is to keep in line with the games where there are three starter pokemon. The "main trainers" will be given the Professor's pokemon. Unless otherwise specified, they will be the first three people who sign up for being a Trainer. Anyone can be a trainer, even if there is already three. The only difference between the two is that the main trainers begin with a pokemon that has a three-stage evolution, though not necessarily the traditional fire-water-grass starter pokemon, while the other trainers can have virtually any pokemon as their starter (excluding legendaries unless otherwise specified).
Gym Leaders
The maximum amount of gym leaders is eight, and will be the first eight people who sign up to be one, unless otherwise specified. To sign up to be a Gym Leader, you'll have to create your character's description as usual, with the addition of the Gym's type that is desired. If someone signs up to be a Gym Leader, they have a week before they'll be canceled, if they don't submit a description of their Gym.
Team Leaders
There will be a max. of three leaders at the beginning of the roleplay. As time goes on I may choose to open up spots for more Team Leaders. In order to be a Team Leader, you'll have to create a Team (of course). You must sign up to be one first before you submit a description of your team. Similar to the Gym Leaders, anyone who signs up will have a total of a week before I consider them inactive and they'll have to try to sign up again. This is to keep the roleplay going and not have to wait on just one person to continue. The Teams are similar to choosing the Gyms, in that you'll be able to choose the main pokemon type you'll be using. For Teams,though, you're allowed up to two types maximum (ie. Team Rocket has flying and poison) as opposed to only one.
Elite Four
As previously mentioned, these will be handpicked by me to ensure no one abuses the power. I will send a message to whoever I feel should be an Elite Four and if they decline I'll move on to
the next.
A li'l extra somethin'...
This has been edited with information that I feel I didn't clarify on enough.
  • The first champion will be a character made by me and will be passed down to whomever beats them in a battle.
  • The main trainers will start with three pokeballs while the other trainers kinda have to fend for themselves. The main trainers always start with a pokemon with a three-stage evolution while the other trainers can pick their own. Everyone starts with a pokedex. Those are really the only differences.
  • The Gym leaders can choose trainers to have as their gym trainers if the wish, or create their own. Gym trainers are optional, though.

"Character Sheets"
I don't really need giant 5-paragraph essays for these. Really, one or two sentences should be fine. These are just to get a feel for your character and also for what role you'll want.

Name:
Short Description:
Short Backstory:
Class/Role Wanted:

(If Gym Leader)
Type:

(If Team Leader)
Team Name:
Type(s):

I honestly apologize for the length of this as I just wanted to make sure that yes, it is a free-roam and all that, but I still feel more comfortable having some rules in place.

Main Trainers:
1)
2)
3)
Trainers:

Gym Leaders:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)