Quotes

"Of course the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, but once you jump the fence and give it a tug you find out it is just astroturf over gravel." My Wife

"Of course the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, but once you jump the fence and give it a tug you find out it is just astroturf over gravel." My Wife
hahahaha way to go Mrs. Joker

'In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods. They have not forgotten this.'
'Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.'
'Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
'It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what your attempting can't be done.'

- Terry Pratchett

"The best part of good news is when you talk about it to someone you love, not the good news itself."
- Always Human, Webcomic
"To be truly exceptional, one must take every chance presented to them, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant."
- ???
"Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice."
- Emma Watson, The last airbender
"Face... Off?"
- Cage Lackey #3
"Nothing is impossible. Yesterday, you said tommorow. So just. DO IT."
- Adidas meme

My favorite quote at the moment is:
"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart." - Nelson Mandela
which is motivating me to try to learn more languages :)

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
Douglas Adams.

"If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see." - General Iroh

Corollary : You can aim for the stars and if you miss you might land on the moon, or you can aim for the puddle your standing in and be sure not to miss.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” —Mark Twain.

I've always loved that quote. ^^

~M

Ok I know it's from a song, but this line just spoke to me when I heard it

I need more dreams
And less life
And I need that dark
In a little more light
I cried tears you’ll never see
So f**k you, you can go cry me an ocean
And leave me be

"How do you become someone that great, that brave, that…selfless. I guess…you can only try." How to Train Your Dragon

"It is entirely seemly for a young man killed in battle to lie mangled by the bronze spear. In his death all things appear fair. But when dogs shame the gray head and gray chin and nakedness of an old man killed, it is the most piteous thing that happens among wretched mortals." -Homer, The Iliad.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"

This quote speaks volumes to me I can't quite fathom. Truly an inspirational series of words, I'd say.

Back