Ready or Not

Celesse was around the corner, yanking her hood over her hair in an attempt to shield herself from this gloomy day. The drizzle wasn’t helping with her mood; she trekked for half a mile down the pavement before resorting to calling an Uber up. Once in the comfort of the sleek vehicle, its plush cushions welcomed her tense muscles. For a supernatural, you think she’d have her nerves under control confronting a mortal. Just being around Benjamin, she was extra cautious; she had to be as she was a wanted criminal. Even if he deemed it not an interrogation, she couldn’t slip—not even when there were eyes on them the entire time.

In the twenty-minute ride back into the city, she found her phone to be piling with more contracts. Leaving Benjamin in the dark was the best option she could afford. Whoever this anonymous caller was, was helping her…but the question was why? Was there something else that slipped under her nose? She’d been so careful, so delicate in her handling of business affairs. Was there a moment in the years she’s been working for the Council that she slipped up? She couldn’t help but wonder if Alaric was feeding her false information.

She was having doubts about Alaric, none that had ever existed before. The whole shtick with the anonymous called warning her, and the contract relying on her had thrown her from her usual game. While she played Benjamin like a fiddle, she was doing more so for his safety and hers. She wouldn’t lie, she was selfish when it came to saving her own hide. Deep in thought has her wondering about the connection between SIB and the council. Could there have been something operating beneath the surface this entire time?

The more out-of-character question was, why was she worried for Ben? Was it the contract subconsciously weighing in on her mind? Or was it…that he was just another innocent she wanted to save? Celesse operated in the shadows, sure, but she always walked around as if stepping on eggshells when mortals came involve with her dealings. She wasn’t innocent in killing mortals off for coin, but the amount of wrong they were doing justified her actions.

In the end, she let the thoughts evaporate. Thinking too much was giving her a headache. She allowed herself to listen to the Uber driver’s lifetime story. Likely one she once experienced herself, before she became a supernatural.

Last edited:
Upon returning home Benjamin showered, dressed, and went to the kitchen to pour himself three fingers of whiskey. He felt like getting plastered so he'd have some relief from the churning of his mind, but he had work in the morning. He snapped back the shot in one go, feeling the burn down his throat and inhaling through his teeth. He closed his eyes and let his breath out slowly.

Okay. Murder in the alleyway. Uknown suspect, unknown victim. Celesse, also known as Sicarius, some kind of supernatural being who definitely had not moved here a day ago, and was wrapped up in it all somehow. Harold, who felt like it had to be some kind of secret for him to run off with his vampire girlfriend. Benjamin frowned suddenly as a thought came to him, interrupting his process.

The lab report had come back on the blood he'd collected in the alleyway, but he'd barely skimmed it. They said it belonged to a werewolf, didn't they...? He pulled out his phone to check his email. 99% positive, werewolf blood. He'd been so preoccupied with his own case that he'd barely retained the rest of the news going around the office - Lucien, the leader of the werewolf faction, had been caught in some kind of assassination plot and imprisoned.

Benjamin felt his blood run cold. He had a hunch that was suddenly looking more and more likely. Something dangerous was brewing between the werewolves and the vampires, and it in turn was making the rest of the factions uneasy. All of these strange, covert operations were bound to bubble up to the surface sooner rather than later. It was almost 10pm and he had barely slept since Friday night, but he needed to get to the office and confirm a few things before setting up a meeting with Lucien in prison in the morning. He changed out of his casual sleepwear and into his office attire, donning his shoulder holster and checking his weapon before throwing a black suit jacket over top.

They're watching you. Celesse's warning ran through his mind as he grabbed his keys from the bowl by the door and walked to his vehicle. Well, there was nothing he could do about that. Until he knew who was watching him and why, he would just have to let them enjoy the view.

Reactions: Dan
Celesse tried to ignore her thoughts and failed miserably as she laid in the luxurious bath. It was not recommended for using hot temps for her lavender bath she was taking, but she couldn't care less. She closed her eyes, letting herself go as music played in the background. With the amount of stress; she unknowingly had in her muscles were loosening. The shapeshifter checked her rooms for bugs or hidden cameras—she couldn’t be too sure with vague warning. Night was falling, and the drizzle had turned out into a full storm, thunder included as it snapped in the distance. Many people disliked thunderstorms more so rainy thunder storms, but on nights like this, Celesse found them comforting. It was a muffled pitter-patter against the penthouse as she slipped away into sweet darkness.

Across from Newmark Tower, in the Industrial District, several black figures race across the sparse streets. The target being a large, burly male who sports several wounds, but they heal by time he crosses into werewolf territory. The figures chasing after the male stop just before they cross the line. The Faction Law was still in effect, even if the werewolf’s leader was imprisoned. And they just let him get away with important information. They snarled, baring their canines as water poured down on them heavily, soaking the Vampires as another thunder clapped in the Seattle clouds. Marcus raises a middle finger towards the bloodsuckers as he races back towards the warehouse on Harbor Island.

He comes barrelling through the front door; the door clanging against the metal walls. The noise causes several of his brothers to come out and see who it is. First one there is, surprisingly, the Mother of Lucien. She’s near his side, noticing the bloodstained shirt and pants, but no life-threatening wounds. Marcus kneels before her, only to be yanked back up to his feet.

“Did you do what Luca requested?” Is all she says.

He nods, pulling out several files from the bag that he was wearing. His brow is furrowed, “I gathered all that I could, but no file on Celesse.”

“The shapeshifter?” Lucien’s Mother was surprised. “She’s not caught up in wars, is she?”

“Not precisely.” Luca speaks for Marcus, padding over to place a comforting hand on his brother’s shoulder. “You did well. Go get yourself cleaned up.”

Marcus nods, leaving as he knew those two would have words to exchange and he didn’t want to be there. If Lucien’s mother was coming around, things must be worse than they initially thought.

Luca opened the bag, pulling the files out about this Benjamin Credit, “No file on Celesse.”

“I thought she was just a hit man?”

“Well, she is, but she was there in the club when Harold was killed. From our own wolves’ perspectives, they saw her kill him.”

She laughs, “Ah, information was misinterpreted. I can vouch for the shapeshifter not killing him.”

“You were there?”

“Come. Let’s go to the office and speak. There’s much I must tell you.”

Guiding her back to the office, a pair of violet eyes glow in the dark. The unknown onlooker was watching them, their eyes moving towards the left as they continued to watch the wolves head up the stairs. In a second, the eyes were gone when another werewolf started walking past. The storm rumbled in the distance again, Seattle weather was always unforgiving and always gloomy, it seemed.

Another, closer clap of thunder and lightning shook the earth, rumbling throughout all objects in the vicinity. For a moment, the lights flicker, threatening to shut power all off in an instant, but it never does. This feels like a last nail in the coffin as fate weaves all the threads together, beating down the line of threads to pack together—it’s only the beginning of another destiny.

Last edited:
Benjamin drove through the driving rain to the SIB headquarters. He'd grabbed a long coat before heading out the door, but had forgotten his umbrella. That was fine, though. If it was still raining come morning he would just turn up the collar of his coat and be on his way.
He pulled into his parking spot in the underground garage, taking the secret steps that led further downward instead of up, and as he made his way into the bowels of the earth the sound of the rain soon faded behind.

The office was empty, as he suspected. Most of his coworkers were likely already upset at having been called in over the weekend and wouldn't be offering any further extra hours unless required. Benjamin's first step was to get a pot of coffee brewing. The little bit of caffeine that he'd ingested while Celesse was at his house had already worn off, and he was bone-weary. He'd likely be pulling an all-nighter, so the hot bean juice was a necessity.

Once he had filled his mug, Benjamin settled down in front of his computer, booted it up and began searching for files on Lucien. There was another name that popped up occasionally in the files regarding the werewolf leader - some man named Lucius. As the SIB agent continued to delve into the depths of the system, he found that Lucius was a high-ranking member of the vampire faction, and that neither of them had been on very good terms for some time now.

---

Benjamin had been researching for a few hours when suddenly the power flickered and he lost his computer. Frowning faintly he glanced at his watch. 1:24am. In the silence that followed that moment, he felt the hair on the back of his neck raise. Benjamin stood and looked over the dividers of his cubicle, searching the room. Nothing. He made his way to the gun safe anyway.

His service pistol was fine in a one on one fight, but Benjamin couldn't help but think of Celesse's message - They're watching you. Perhaps sleep deprivation mixed with copious amounts of coffee was making him paranoid. But Benjamin always trusted his intuition. It rarely led him wrong. He'd been growing ever more concerned with the seeming lack of security in the building, too. How had no one known about Harold's connections within the werewolf faction...? And he was fairly certain someone was making all the files he was looking for disappear. It was no coincidence that they were all missing.

He grabbed a pump-action shotgun, his favourite home defense weapon, and loaded it with shells that were packed with various anti-supernatural pellets. Spherules of wood, silver, incendiaries, etc. A single shot likely wouldn't kill any one supernatural, but it would significantly weaken any number of them. He slid a handful of extra shells in his pocket, popped two in the chamber, and pumped it.

Back in the office section, someone had turned the lights out. The only illumination came from the green 'EXIT' signs in the corners, and the blue of his computer screen booting up. Benjamin kept his back to the wall. Something was hunting him. He remained perfectly silent, listening. A slight rustling to his left. Another to the right. Something moved on the left and the ex-soldier aimed and fired all in one smooth motion. He didn't have time to gloat over the sound of squeals of pain, as he was full-body tackled from the right. He grunted as he was slammed into the wall for the second time in twenty-four hours, but the shotgun was pinned between he and his attacker and before the creature could move away he had fired a round at point-blank range. The shadowy being was blasted away from him and Benjamin snapped the weapon open, popping out the used shells and sliding in two new ones. He had just closed the chamber and pumped a round into place when he was hit again from the side, this time knocking the gun out of his hands.

They slid together across the floor, scrabling against each other for purchase, but soon Benjamin felt a large hand close in over his throat. He gritted his teeth, hands searching in the dark for the attacker's face and, upon finding it, digging his thumbs into soft eye sockets. The creature roared and slammed him back against the floor, Benjamin's head cracking on the thinly carpeted concrete and leaving him dazed.

"Enough!" A high, clear voice rang out, and Benjamin felt the grip on his neck loosen slightly, though the massive hands still held him securely. "Don't damage my toy. I need to have my own fun with him first." The lights came back on and the new Senior Lead Investigator saw above him the young, almost childish face of a woman that he felt like he should recognize. "Take him to the bathroom. It'll be easier to clean up in there," she said, surveying her long, pointed nails.

The creature that had tackled Benjamin the second time was an absolutely massive vampire. He was almost grotesquely huge. He grabbed the human by his arms and lifted him bodily up onto his feet, despite Benjamin still trying to fully regain his senses. He stumbled slightly as he was pushed forward but regained his footing quickly. His mind was racing, trying to put pieces together. At least three attackers. He'd shot two of them. This one behind him though didn't seem like he'd been hit, or if he had he'd either healed already or was so huge it just hadn't affected him.

"Sarge, bring us a chair, would you?" the woman called out as she followed behind Benjamin and his captor, her hips swaying as she walked. She was short and thin with hefty curves in all the right places, eyelids heavy with thick lashes. Benjamin was struck suddenly as he realized where he had seen her - he'd caught a glimpse of her at the club last night.

Just as they reached the men's restroom, the other large vampire that Benjamin had shot in the chest limped by with a straight-backed chair he'd pulled from the break room, setting it down in the middle of the cramped bathroom. "You look tired," the woman said tenderly as she approached her prey, running a fingernail down his cheek. "Why don't you sit?"

Benjamin's jaw locked. "I'd rather n-hng!" his voice caught in his throat as he was shoved down into the seat by the Behemoth behind him. He didn't like the look of this. He still had his service pistol in its holster off his shoulder, but these were vampires he was dealing with. He knew how fast they could be. Faster than him, that was for sure. He might not be making it out of this one alive.

"That's more like it," the woman smiled as she looked down on him, the large vampire tying his hands behind the chair. "Now, maybe you don't know me," she said as she approached Benjamin, a vicious glint in her eye. "But you killed my boyfriend, so we're about to get... acquainted."

Benjamin felt his heart sinking in his chest. Isabella... Harold's vampire girlfriend. From what very little he'd read on her (there were more pressing matters to attend to), she was a bit of a psychopath. She had a history of 'collecting' humans and 'playing' with them before she drained them dry. How she ever ended up with Harold, who couldn't even bring himself to kill a coworker, was beyond him. "Wish we could have met under better circumstances," he said.

Isabella pressed her hand to his heart, closing her eyes as she felt his pulse and smirking faintly to herself. "You're awfully calm for someone who is about to be tortured," she said, grabbing his shirt and ripping it open, buttons flying and revealing the dark pattern of tribal tattoos underneath.

"Sorry, am I upsetting you?" Benjamin asked, mentally steeling himself for what was to come. "I can pretend to be scared, if you'd like," he joked darkly.

Isabella's eyes narrowed. Her hand shot out quicker than lightning, slicing open his abdomen just below his ribs on the left side. "I appreciate your attitude, but I'll have you squirming soon enough," she said as she came in close, licking a dark line of blood from the fresh wound.

Benjamin could feel himself beginning to grow cold and sweaty. The wound was clean, but it was deep. His body was going into shock. He had learned how to compartmentalize these things, pushing his physical body's reactions to the background so he could keep his mind clear and focused, but there was nothing he could do to stop what was coming. He watched as Isabella's fingers traced up his stomach and then began disappearing into the wound, grunting in pain as he felt her hand inside him, pushing organs out of the way.

"Let's see just how fast we can make your little heart beat," she looked into his eyes with a vicious smile.

The woman looked over the files spread out on the metal desk. This SIB Agent, first of many mortal trials that were being run at the agency. She knew Benjamin, only he wouldn’t remember her. She softly sighed, wondering how they would get him out of dodge. There was war coming, and she didn’t want him to be caught up into something he wouldn’t be able to handle. Her finger traced the male’s photo, “Y’know Lucien’s father was great buddies with his parents.”

“Really?” Luca inquired with a surprised look.

“Yeah. Credit is the most unique last name I’ve come across back in the old days. Shame what happened to his parents, though.” Maria retorts, “We were exceptional friends with them, but then…let’s just say we need to get my son out of the leeches hole before they can suck him dry.” She smiled warmly to Luca.

“Lucien’s been cooking up something for a while. He had me bringing things from all over. I never question his actions, but I do have some lingering questions on why he needs more guns and ammo than we have wolves. Or even this new bullet he had custom made.” Luca says, pulling open one of the drawers with a pack of bullets hidden away in its embrace.

He slides them out and on top of the metal desk again, opening the top to reveal a purple fluorescent liquid in its transparent chamber. Maria practically discarded the papers on Credit to see what was inside. Grabbing one from the box, she studies the front of the bullet and shakes it, “Ultraviolet ammunition.” She retorts. Putting it back, this confirms her guess on Lucien starting something over so small and trivial.

“I will need to leave again. But when I’m back, I should have the papers for Lucien’s return. You can keep looking into the shapeshifter’s intentions of being there that night—I have questions of my own for her. Looks like I will be making a personal visit to her sooner than I expected.” Maria says as she gathers her things and heads out the door.

Luca nods, watching his leader’s mother leave with her things and turns back to the board. Other than working as their hit man, who else was Celesse working for?

—​

The thunderstorm doesn’t let up, low-rumbling can be heard outside the panoramic view of Seattle from the 13th floor of Newmark Tower. The shapeshifter’s hair is barely dipping into the tub, steam rolls out from the murky pink water, lavender petals float around the surface. She was in a dreamless sleep, with the scalding water and lull of the thunderstorm raging outside, it made her relaxed further. A flash of lightning strike across the dimly lit penthouse, a silhouette appears from the shadows. Their footsteps silent as they slowly make their way across from the den, trailing towards the master bathroom where the shapeshifter sleeps. Another clap of thunder shakes the skies again, this time closer to the tower as the anonymous intruder finally makes it in the bathroom's entrance.

“I can sense you.” Celesse suddenly rings out, her eyes open. The bath tub is facing the entrance, she sees the silhouette appear from the obscurity and into the candle-lit bathroom bathing across their features.

“You’re still sharp as ever.” A familiar voice retorts.

“I have to be in my line of work.” Celesse remarks, “What brings a Wolf to my doorstep?” She inquires, wondering how the hell she even knew she was here. And how did she get in the first place?

A smile graces the older woman’s lips, “I think you know.”

Celesse sighs, sinking deeper into the water, “Harold was my only concern.”

The woman comes closer with a warning look from the shapeshifter, “Yes, poor dear died in an accident.” The woman coyly says as she edges closer then, stops to sit at the edge of the tub.

Without waiting for the shapeshifter to respond, Maria produces a dagger. Celesse looks up at her, “Plan on killing me before I finish my bath? That’s rude.” She lazily says.

“You have crude humour, Celesse.”

“And you need one, Maria.”

“No, I’m not here to kill you. I’m here to ask you more questions about you being at Trinity that night. I’ve seen the tapes. You’re lucky I had them delete the parts of you in it.” Maria brings up.

“Like I said, Harold was just another contract.”

“Who ordered the hit?”

“Does it matter?” Celesse furrows her brow. Why is Maria asking her when she has all the tools at her disposal? “’sides I don’t give out information unless you have a price.” She closes her eyes as she tries to find her mojo again.

Maria’s lip twitches, “Thought you would say that.” The werewolf is gone in a second and comes back to produce a large duffel bag of cash in it, “Is this more than enough?”

Celesse opens an eye, “Amount?”

“$500K.”

She wrinkles her nose, “All I can say it’s someone you know on the council. And I’m positive you know who I’m talking about.”

Knowing she won’t get anything other than that out of her, Maria sighs, “Thank you for your business. Oh, and…” Maria’s lips upturn into a wry smile, “You know your agent?”

It confuses Celesse, opening her eyes fully to look at Maria, “Ben?”

“You might want to check up on him. I heard through the grapevine that someone, a bloodsucker, is looking for him.” Maria walks out of the bathroom, and out of the penthouse before Celesse can even process what she said.

This confused her. Surly she didn’t know Alaric was after Benjamin, right? No, it had to be someone else, but who? Celesse couldn’t shake the feeling of needing to find him. With a heavy sigh, the shapeshifter climbed out of the tub. Water drips all around her as she grabs a robe and heads out of the master bathroom. She goes to her phone and sends him a text, ‘Are you alright?’ It was vague, sure, but she couldn’t be too sure if someone were reading their messages too. When no reply came in ten minutes, she got ready and put on some casual attire; drying her hair out best she could before resorting to put it in a ponytail.

She left the penthouse, checking her phone now and then. ‘Would he be home?’ She wondered, taking an Uber to his house. Thirty minutes later, she found the house to be dark, not even light coming from any of windows. Well, he mentioned he just moved into the neighbourhood unlike her. Celesse sent him another text that followed in the same string of sentence. Could he be working late? That would be a plausible solution since he is a SIB Agent. He must be scrambling to learn more about the supernatural world he unknowingly waltzed in.

“Shit.” Celesse curses, taking the same Uber back into the city towards Downtown Seattle. After arriving outside the Seattle Public Library-Central Library, she waited till the car was gone. Looking around to see if anyone was looking before vanishing in thin air.

This is dumb. Why would I be worried about Ben? He could hold himself off against a werewolf.’ She was poorly persuading herself to just turn around. But it was too late now that she already crossed five blocks to stand in front of SPD HQ. Rain poured on her, giving her more excuses to just turn and leave again. Despite her silent protests, she continued with a feeling of needing to check up on—even if it were to catch a glimpse of the Agent at his computer. Her head snapped toward someone slinks away into the garage, Celesse decided this was her best bet of trying to slip into the building unnoticed. It was a foolish move on her part, the shapeshifter hid herself in her surroundings, she picked up several scents.

Vampire?’ It surprised her that Maria didn’t feed her false information.

She continued to follow the silhouette further down the lot, then merged into another pair of secret stairs that seem to disappear deeper into the earth. Celesse cursed herself for being dumb and for being afraid when she could practically handle herself if worse comes to shove. She wasn’t a fan of enclosed spaces either as she trailed down into the bowels of the earth, further and further until she heard it. Faint voices speaking from behind the grey door in front of her, Celesse slipped in after the anonymous figure which was really a vampire. She didn’t get far before hearing the voices get louder. Cloaked still, the shapeshifter made her way towards the voices, leading into an off side restroom of sorts. Celesse stopped in her tracks, her eyes going wide at the scene before her, Ben 10 practically being used like a toy as the female vampire’s hand disappeared into a wound.

What the fuck?’ Celesse did horrendous things of her own, but going this far? Even that was below her. Her eyes shifted to the huge vampire behind the agent sitting in the chair. The vampire in front of him was speaking. She ducked into a stall as she continued to watch and worked around saving her apparent agent in distress. Celesse could take on the lankier vampires without taking much damage, but that giant behind Ben? She didn’t know if she had the strength to match his. In a comical way, despite the situation, Celesse stood on the toilet with her head peaking just enough over to reveal herself to the agent. She tossed a thumbs up, saying she would help him, but how?

She ducked back down and off the seat, only slipping to have her shoe caught in the toilet water. Silently cursing herself, she shook off her foot and tried to make herself small in the stall's corner. The door came open, slamming against the metal frame. The lackey she followed was searching and found nothing. He pretended to turn until his hand shot out, finding the cloaked shapeshifter in the dark and tossed her back out into the hallway. She smashed into the wall, making a huge dent into the concrete and fell to the ground, recovering quickly.

“Who the fuck is that? Kill them!” Isabella ordered her smaller lackey.

“With pleasure.” The Vampire said as he blurred across from the stall to the now empty corridor.

Last edited:
Benjamin didn't even want to think about the amount of infection this woman was making him susceptible to, sticking her whole hand inside his damn chest. His face had gone white as his body stopped pumping blood to his extremities, keeping it close to vital organs in order to preserve his life. His whole body was screaming we're going to die, we're going to die, we're going to die, and Benjamin had to stuff that voice inside its box and close the lid tight. Logically, he knew he would not die from this wound. Not yet, anyway. But his body was shutting down.

He squirmed involuntarily as he felt Isabelle's hand slide past a lung, drawing ever closer to his heart. His blood dripped from her arm as she leaned in to whisper in his ear. "That's it, dear boy, hold onto your senses. You're staying awake much longer than my other toys," she sounded impressed. "Let's see if you can hold it while I tickle your heart."

Over Isabella's shoulder, Benjamin caught a glimpse of movement. When he recognized it as Celesse comically peeking over a stall wall, he felt his hope fading. He was already beginning to hallucinate. His body was trying to sever his mind from reality in order to protect him from the pure, macabre horror he was experiencing. But after he'd blinked to clear his mind and she was still there (giving him a thumbs-up, no less), anger and confusion flashed through his dark eyes. Just who the fuck was she and why the fuck was she always following him around and how the fuck long had she been waiting in that stall?! Regardless... she seemed intent on helping him, and despite his qualms with this relative stranger... he was depending on her. His jaw set in a grim line.

Celesse's unintended distraction was just what he needed. Isabella had been centimetres away from wrapping her hand around his heart when her lackey located the hidden shapeshifter, causing her to pull her hand back out from underneath his ribcage with a wave of fresh blood. The experience was the most uncomfortable and nauseating thing he had ever experienced, and Benjamin had to swallow his desire to puke.

“Who the fuck is that? Kill them!” Isabella ordered her smaller lackey.

“With pleasure.” The Vampire said as he blurred across from the stall to the now empty corridor.

Wholly focused on the task at hand now, there was a loud snap as Benjamin dislocated his shoulders, bringing his arms over his head and back down in front of him, still tied. Behind him the Behemoth roared, but Isabella was quicker and grabbed him by the ribcage like a handle. "Just where do you think you're going?" she snarled, but the SIB agent brought his arms down around her in a tight embrace, locking them together and twisting to put her in front as the enormous vampire landed a blow. Meant for Benjamin, it struck Isabella instead and sent them both flying across the room and into the handicap stall at the end of the row.

Knocked senseless for a moment, he came back a second later to find Isabella lapping up his blood from where it was pooling on his stomach to regain her strength. This woman gave him the major creeps. He pulled his weapon from its holster at his side (the idiots had never taken it away from him. He was certain this would be the last time they'd underestimate him so), stuck it under Isabella's chin as she was overcome with her bloodlust, and fired. Unfortunately the clip he had inserted did not contain the wood-core bullets, so it was only a matter of time before the freshly fed vampire was healed and back on her feet. But it at least gave him a few moments to gather himself a plan an attack.

"Celesse!" he called out hoarsely, having heard the impact and felt the shudder through the ground as she'd been thrown bodily out of the room. "Are you alright?" It was difficult to imagine anyone surviving an impact like that, despite what he had seen of her strength at the club the night before. Benjamin had noted the Behemoth making his way toward the handicap stall where he lay, roaring in anger at the damage done to his master. The ex-soldier scrambled onto all fours with his hands still tied in front of him, slipped in a puddle of his own blood and smacking his chin on the ground. He gathered himself again and quickly slid underneath the stall walls in an attempt to escape undetected. The other vampire, however, might have been huge and brutish but he was not stupid. "Get back here, toy!" he roared, grabbing Benjamin's leg from underneath the stall and yanking him out, though not before he had the chance to grab the wooden-handled plunger that had been sitting next to the toilet. As he was hauled up into the air by his leg, Benjamin drove the blunt wooden end of the plunger into the Behemoth's eye, the creature roaring in excruciating pain and dropping him to the ground once more.

Celesse was waiting for the henchmen around the corner as he came racing by. She snapped her arm out to clothesline him, knocking the leech over to land on his back with a sickening thud. At impossible speeds, she was atop the Vampire, looking down at him with a wry grin. Her nails grew into pointed tips and with her right hand, she sliced open the lackey’s throat. Only for it to close up immediately, Celesse is thrown off him. She landed on her feet, making minor dents into the carpet. The vampire was back up on his knees, looking up at the shapeshifter, tilting his head at her.

“You shouldn’t have come here.” He spoke.

“Who are you working for?” Celesse asked, she wanted to know if she would kill someone worthy or not.

He broke out into a maniacal enormous smile, “Valerius Clan. I don’t think you want to do this.”

“Oh, but I do.” She launched herself at him, ramming her shoulder with enough momentum to cause another shock wave throughout the building. The Vampire was driving his own clawed hand deep in her gut while Celesse had hers in a vice grip around the vampire’s throat.

She stifled back the pain, her shoulder threatening to give in. The Vampire gargled on his own blood, he wouldn’t get far without enough mortal blood to regenerate. And as far as Celesse knew, only Benjamin was the likely blood vial nearby. Her right hand tightened more, the leech’s own grip growing limp as she pulled back to finish the job. Severing a Vampire’s head from its body wouldn’t kill them, but it would take them awhile to heal again. But this vampire looked freshly made, Celesse severing his head from his body made him scream in pain as it erupted into flames. His body turning to ash before her, crumbling with her hand gripping nothing now.

What the-’ It confused Celesse, her knowledge of only the werewolves creating newborns was known…but Vampires?

“Celesse!” Ben 10’s voice called out, albeit hoarsely. “Are you alright?”

A smile grew onto her lips, she was more than alright. She looked down at her ruined shirt, claw marks tore it, but smooth skin already healed over. She blurred across the room, making it to the bathroom in time to see Benjamin driving a plunger into the colossal Vampire’s eye, then to see him hitting the ground. She made it over to the Agent, grabbing him by the collar, then looking down at the amount of blood lost. Cursing beneath her breath, she looked past him to see the Vampire recovering from the plunger incident. The Newborn Vampire was easy to take care of, but if the now deceased leech was correct. And if the female Vampire were from the Valerius Clan, there was nothing she could do. Thinking about politics in a time like this should’ve been at the bottom of her list, but she did not want to get caught up in a faction war if that’s what was happening.

She looked back down at Benjamin, seeing the colour gone from his skin, “Do you like piggy back rides?” But the time to answer wouldn’t be enough to get one from him. The female Vampire already recovered, and she did not look happy.

“Where the hell are you going with my toy?” She screamed out, her eyes were long gone past considered normal. They were shining a brilliant red in the dimly lit bathroom.

“Time to go, my damsel in distress.” She joked, “Climb onto my back. I can only do so much.” She spoke a serious tone as she turned, “It might hurt, but your ego will be intact. I promise.”

Last edited:
Benjamin lay where he had fallen, staring up at the cold, fluorescent lights of the bathroom. He wasn't prepared for this. He wasn't fast enough, strong enough to take on these creatures hand-to-hand, and he didn't have the right weapons. He wasn't even supposed to carry one. He wasn't a soldier anymore, he had a damn desk job. Just rest a moment, his body told him, and he closed his eyes. He was running out of time. His blood was absolutely everywhere, smeared all over him and Isabella and the bathroom floor and walls. He guessed he'd lost two liters already. His short burst of adrenaline was ebbing, too. He felt something grab him by the collar and wondered where he'd pull the energy from to fend them off.

He opened his eyes to see Celesse above him, and his jaw locked. "Damn you," he muttered. Damn her for being the one to come to his rescue. Damn her for being so late. Damn her for lying to him all this time. In this moment, however, he knew she was his only hope. He drew reserves of energy from deep inside him, using her strength as leverage to pull himself to his feet. He wavered slightly but kept his footing, then lifted himself onto her back, wrapping his legs around her waist and his arm around her shoulders, making sure not to press into her windpipe. His grip was weak, but firm enough to hold on.

"Fuck you," Benjamin muttered in response, closing his eyes and resting his head on her shoulder. "This is the most emasculating shit I've done in my life," he said, holding his free hand to the deep wound on his chest, trying to apply pressure to stop the bleeding.

"You can't take him from me!" Isabella was practically feral now. Freshly fed and in a panic state as she saw her new toy's escape route, she spit out the bullet Benjamin had shot into her brain. "I'll tell Alaric you're working for the werewolves, Sicarius!" she snarled, her fingernails growing into claws. "He likes you a little too much. It's time he knows who you're really working for!" the vampire screamed, launching herself at Celesse.

Celesse was keeping an eye over her shoulder at Isabella, watching as the royally pissed off leech was recovering. The amount of weight on her back, she adjusted her strength as the agent held onto her. She spared a glance to him, his head resting against her shoulder, “Maybe after we’re out of danger.” She continued to joke, noting how pale he was getting. In a time like this, she tended to bring humour to the forefront, opting to lighten the mood. She was aware of how he's fighting back against the need to just rest, perhaps forever. But she wouldn’t allow that to happen, at least not yet.

Her head snapped towards the direction of the Princess, “Catch me if you can, leech.” She shouted back as the vampire launched herself at her. “Hang on tight, Ben. Can’t lose you now.” She uttered before her body lurched forward, avoiding the onslaught of the Vampire’s claws. She blurred out of the bathroom, checking back to see the Agent hanging on for dear life. “A little bit longer.” She whispered, the motion was likely not helping his situation as she ran across the room in a matter of seconds. Celesse had gone out the same way from whence she entered, practically tearing the door off its hinges as she blurred out of the Vampire’s grasp again. Her breath barely audible, she made it out into the pavement. The rain would mask her as she exerted all the energy she could to enveloped both the dying agent and her into her surroundings.

With impossible speeds she was already long gone from the station, across the freeway towards the one hospital she knew of; Virginia Mason Hospital. She may be supernatural, but there was no way in hell she would be able to heal a mortal in this critical of a condition.

“Almost there.” She breath out, though Celesse didn’t know if he could hear her. She emerged just outside the ER, she entered in with the Agent still on her back, yelling for help. Almost immediately, Nurses had emerged, paging the late-night Doctor as Celesse helped place the male on a gurney.

Her back was covered in his blood, she was stopped by the Nurse as she watched him get wheeled away. “His name is Benjamin Credit.” She answered. Standing in the light, she had a better view of how gravely ill he looked.

Fuck. She’s still after me. Goddammit.’ Celesse worried if she should stay or go. Was Isabella more after Ben or her, now that she knew who she was?

But she didn’t have to choose as the Nurse asked her to stay, she would need a statement anyhow when the Police turned up. ‘Shit.’ Celesse was becoming increasingly alarmed, she sat in a chair. How did this situation get more than she initially thought?

Last edited:
Always with the jokes. Benjamin held on tight as he felt the sudden movement as Celesse took off, like being shot out of a cannon. All his cursing was a bluff. He was glad she had come to him. Despite all her secrecy and the walls she forced between them, she was the only person he really knew here. Which was sad, when you thought about their few, sparse interactions and the fact that most of what he knew about her was based on his intuition. His adrenaline was gone and he was holding onto her now with sheer willpower, every jostle sending waves of pain through his spent body. As he slipped into a state of shock, in and out of consciousness, the cold sweat that broke out mingled with the rain and soaked him to the bone.

As they neared Virginia Mason, Benjamin's eyes half opened and he suddenly recognized the route. "Nngh... not hospital," he managed weakly, attempting to lift himself up, but failing. He dreaded hospitals. They were too clean, too pristine, cold and calculating and deadly. "Just need some stitches... blood," he muttered before falling back unconscious. The SIB agent remained in that state as Celesse arrived at the Emergency Intake, doctors and nurses rushing out to help her with Benjamin's body.

They immediately started poking him for an IV, finding it difficult to find a good spot with his deflated veins. While the team rolled the gurney inside to take x-rays and CT scans, they brought blood for a transfusion and pulled up Benjamin's medical history, all the while trying to stop the flow of blood from the wound under his ribs.

---

Isabella was pacing outside the fluorescent glow of the ER entrance lights in her fury, splashing through the puddles made by the rain. There was no way she could enter the hospital... so many people dying, in pain, with dozens of types of different wounds... she shuddered with pleasure. She'd never make it out of there. She'd be too distracted and eventually get caught and then she couldn't even begin to imagine the kind of trouble she'd be in with her clan. She glanced up at the Behemoth who came up behind her, and she spat into the water. He was way too suspicious, too... she needed some other access to the building. She needed another angle. She wanted her toy back... and she'd make that shapeshifter pay for interrupting their fun.

---

Two hours later they had Benjamin stabilized and in a hospital room. Three fractured ribs, ligature marks on his wrists from where his hands had been bound together, two and a half liters of blood lost and a strange pattern of internal bleeding. Almost as if something had been shoved up through the wound in his chest, bursting blood vessels along the way. To their alarm he kept waking up in a panic during various procedures and they finally had to give him a heavy sedative to force him to rest.

There were enough red flags that the nurses immediately called the police, though their patient's medical history almost suggested this type of abuse was normal for him. They had seen a lot of self-inflicted harm from military veterans with a track record like Benjamin's, but even this was extreme. Additionally, his blood sample had come back with very little alcohol and no indication of drugs, another rarity in cases like these. It was possible he had just been mugged, but the woman who had brought him in had offered no explanation.

Eventually a large, oafish looking man in a trenchcoat approached Celesse sheepishly in the waiting room. "Er... Miss Celesse?" he asked, glancing down at his notes. "I'm Detective Haberfeld with SPD, could I ask you a couple questions about your friend in there...?" he asked, motioning to the closed door of Benjamin's room.

Last edited:
While the medical staff did their work, Celesse hadn’t notice it but the adrenaline was starting to wear off. Her limbs had grown tired, that fight was brief, it still took a lot out of her even more so with the cloaking. Her mind was still reeling at the possibility of the bloodsucker still on their trail. She saw when one of them went on a blood lust hunt, once they started it wouldn’t end until their victim was dead. Celesse was offered clothes, which she took. They were scrubs, not much but at least she wouldn’t reek of Ben’s blood. In the restroom, she peeled off the torn clothes, placing them into a plastic bag that was provided and changed into the navy-blue scrubs.

Celesse looked down at her stomach, seeing pink scars there from where she was clawed into. She fixed her damp hair best she could, but it did nothing to hide the worry on her mind. The shapeshifter had already checked herself for her mobile, finding it with a newly cracked screen. She called up Alaric in the bathroom, “Hello, Sicarius.” His French-accented voice greeted.

“Do you know a Valerius?” She asked, not even bothering with the greeting.

“Yes. Why?”

“Does he have a daughter? Because she’s going crazy on our target. She has a bullseye on his head, and I haven’t extracted what I needed.” She says, pacing in the bathroom.

Alaric was quiet for a while, Celesse thinking he hung up on her and checked to see if he was still on, ”Call me back. I have to take care of some things.” He hung up without saying goodbye.

Celesse cursed beneath her breath as she put the phone in the pocket of her new pair of pants. Grabbing the bag, she turned the knob and headed back out into the waiting room. She set the bag on one of the chairs and turns towards the front desk, “How is he doing?”

“I can’t share patient information now. Unless you’re a-”

The Nurse interrupted by another, a male who wore the same scrubs as her and took over, “Celesse, yes?”

She nods, “Is Ben going to make it?”

He smiled at her, “He’s going to pull through. If you waited any longer, he likely would’ve been gone in the next few minutes. He’s lucky to be alive.”

Celesse was holding a neutral expression, the male Nurse had a strange way of putting an emphasis on, “Alive.” The shapeshifter turned back to the waiting room and sat next to the bag sitting beside her. The Police would be turning up soon and she had to spin more lies to at least stall them. While she waited, she kept looking up at the clock, her mind was racing a hundred miles an hour. Eventually two hours passed, and she was looking down at her hands, remembering what the heck that Isabella was doing to him. Celesse had a weird way about caring for someone she only needed for her own gain. Of course, she had secrets, but how was she going to explain the situation to Ben.

She looked up as her name was called, an oafish looking man looking down at her in a comical trench coat. “I’m Detective Haberfeld with SPD, could I ask you a couple questions about your friend in there…?”

The woman nods, offering the seat once she removed her bag, “Sure.” She said, her tone dead.

Last edited:
"Oh, um, thank you," the Detective scratched the thick stubble on his cheek as Celesse moved her bag out of the way, taking the seat once it was free. "Now obviously when someone comes into the hospital in this condition, we have to check it out." Haberfeld hesitated, trying to figure out how to put things delicately. The woman seemed to be having a difficult time. She hadn't listed herself as any relation to this Benjamin Credit, but based on the wounds received he suspected they had some kind of on-again off-again relationship. It was rare though for him to see BDSM cases where the male was the one with such extreme trauma, not the female. Especially considering Mr. Credit's physical description compared to this beautiful, petite woman.

"Since you were the one who brought him in, could you tell me what happened...?" He'd have to talk to the sedated man, too, once they woke him up in order to see if their stories matched. It wasn't terribly odd for him to receive such strange hospital calls late at night like this. This is when the weird stuff happened. But it seemed like there had been more and more curious cases lately... unsolvable crimes. "Just start from the beginning, please. And take your time," Haberfeld added, not wanting to push the young woman or make her uncomfortable.

“Can you just…one moment…” Celesse said as she composed herself, getting up to grab a small styrofoam cup filled up with cool liquid. She took a sip of it, letting it coddle her throat as she cleared her mind of any other worries weighing her down.

With the cup resting in her grip, she stared into the reflection staring back up at her. This situation to the Detective must’ve looked just like your typical boyfriend-girlfriend deed happening. But with unexplained injuries, what would she conjure up this time? She was silent for a few minutes before speaking, “I’m sorry just…” Her false mask slipping on, her eyes silently welling as her nose turned pink, “We were on a date…we have a…history of you know typical makeup-breakup relationship.” She laugh humorously at that, though in her mind it was ridiculous. Never in a million years would she think of dating Credit. He was handsome, sure, but she wouldn’t be tied down. Not in that way, either or at least, “Anyway we were coming back from the cinema, you know the one not that far from here. The movie just ended and…” She trailed off again, selling her story to the guy. “I can’t really explain it. It happened so fast.”

Celesse’s grip loosened on the cup, she took another sip, wiping away false tears, “There was a guy..o-or two. I can’t really explain it, he was…pale, like a ghost. But his eyes, he had the most unnatural colour – they were red.” She stared into the cup as if the scene actually happened, “And…I-I can’t really… they were…and…” She spoke between sobs. Celesse silently thought she would be a great actress if she weren’t caught up in a web of lies.

Last edited:
"Of course, take your time," Haberfeld said, remaining seated to prevent his presence from pressuring her. Over at the nurse's station, the men and women on duty were doing a poor job of hiding their curiosity, glancing over every once in a while to see what was going on and eavesdropping. They were just as curious as the police to figure out what had happened to the intense-looking tattooed man in Room 308. The current running hypothesis was that he was the leader of a gang that had been attacked by a rival gang. 'Drug lord' had been overruled when his tox screen came back clean.

Detective Haberfeld was a big softie, and he felt his insides go to mush as he saw the tears in Celesse's eyes. In reality, he was too trusting to be a good cop. "I understand," he said as she explained the nature of their relationship. "That can be difficult," he said gently. As the woman continued the story, however, he was enthralled, furiously writing down notes. Pale guy, red eyes... he felt his throat dry up. "H-Here," he said, offering her his handkerchief as she broke off the story. He wanted to comfort her, but that was of course strictly against protocol. He could do nothing but sit back and watch her tears.

So it wasn't a relational issue after all... though he had been right to suspect they were dating. "I'm so sorry, ma'am, but I need as many details as you can provide so we can find the perpetrators and bring them to justice," he said with a firmness that he hoped was encouraging. "Was there just one man, or two? Were they tall, short, thin, fat...? Is there anyone you know of who would want to hurt Mr. Credit?" Haberfeld asked, his pencil poised over the notepad.

“Thank…you.” She managed to squeak out, taking the handkerchief to clear away her fake tears. Celesse could spin some truth into the story, she knew there were still attacks that happened from time to time. Her story would likely just go unsolved like all the others. Unless SIB got involved, which they most likely would seeing as their only Human Agent was nearly dead, already.

Celesse was well aware of the nosy crowd, her hearing was sensitive to their whispers. She would crack a joke about Ben actually being a gang leader, if she weren’t too busy putting on an act. She sniffled again, “Y-yeah…I think so. It was so dark, you know?” She retorts, blowing into the handkerchief, taking another drink, “There were three, I believe…” If Isabella was still hell-bent on taking the mortal, she would just have to drag her into the SPD’s business, “…and t-there was a-a…woman. She was just like the guy, if not paler. I-I don’t know what her problem was…but she was jealous, I-I think.” She would laugh, if she could. “She was his ex-girlfriend, she said so. They broke it off because she was too crazy. I-I won’t go into…” She trailed off, “…but the guys, they were both tall, fat, and one was skinnier than the other.” Her sobs have all, but subsided. But her face now red and puffy from the false sobbing, “It was dark, and I can’t recall much…but I was knocked out, I think.” She turned, the back of her head still having dried blood on it from the impact of the Vampire tossing her into the concrete. “When I came to…there were…” Her eyes were wide, feigning shock yet not really as she couldn’t believe that was possible. “…doing unexplained things…I-I mean, is it- it possible to…” Her eyes growing wider as she froze up. “I-I’m sorry but I-I don’t think I can continue…” She said, leaning back into the chair as she feigned shock.

Last edited:
Haberfeld's mouth was set in a grim line. This kind of terror was exactly the reason why he'd become a police officer in the first place. About ten years ago there had been a gang of hoodlums who'd dress up like clowns and go about looting and torturing people, mostly the elderly. It was sick business, and it had taken many long years to bring them to justice. If there was another such uprising coming, he'd get to the bottom of it.

"I think that's enough for tonight," he said, flipping his notebook closed. The woman was obviously too distraught to carry on, and it was easy to piece together the breadth of the torture that had occurred after her she could no longer carry on her story based on the report written by the medical examiner. "It's possible that we'll have to call you in for further questioning, especially as we get more evidence and find the guys who did this," Haberfeld said grimly. "I'm so sorry this happened, Miss Celesse," he said, refraining from resting a hand on hers to comfort her. "Do you need an escort back home?"

---

"You mean he's not dead!?" The Captain roared into the phone, fuming. That's what he got for relying on a psychopath to do his dirty work. It was he who had accessed the SIB's entrance logs and tipped the vengeful girlfriend of his dead werewolf employee to Benjamin Credit's presence at the SIB headquarters. He'd given her free access to the building, too.

Schaefer Ulrich despised humans. He claimed to be a reformed demon, but well... he was a demon after all. Lying came naturally to him. It had been an agreement between the Angels and the Demons that they would take turns presiding over the SIB, switching off every year. Of course, it would be his year in office that everyone decided it was a good idea to invite a human in. And then that human had gone and murdered one of his supernaturals in cold blood.

"Do you not have enough toys already? I asked you to do one simple task," he snarled over the phone.

Isabella scrunched up her nose in disgust, kicking a rock in the parking lot. "I was just trying to have a little fun before I killed him," she pouted. "Besides, it wouldn't have been an issue if that stupid shapeshifter hadn't shown up. She's becoming a real problem," she defended herself. "I would finish the job, but... you know I can't go in there," she said with a longing look at the hospital. The security there was well aware of her... past. The zombies would never let her in.

The Captain sat up in his bed, massaging his temples. "Fine... I will take care of it. And remember our deal... you breathe a word of this to anyone, and I'll have you sent straight to the boring part of hell," he threatened her. "Community service."

Isabella's pout deepened as she was hung up on, shoving the phone into her pocket. "Come on," she said to the Behemoth, turning on her heel. "I guess I'll have to have some fun with one of my other toys.

---

Celesse was not the only assassin for hire in the Seattle area. Hazel believed herself to be a little more... discerning, however. She turned down most of the contracts she was offered, but this one... a poor, lonesome soldier fighting for his life on a hospital bed. She would help him to just let go and embrace the darkness of death. She pitied him. She was sure he was tired of fighting, anyway. She would grant him that sweet release.

She was average height but endowed with immense physical beauty and proportion. She had long, straight raven-black hair that reached the small of her back and wide, curvy hips and a generous bust. Even just looking at her was enough to put most people under the hypnotic spell of her kind. Men fell in love with her instantly, and women couldn't help but want to be her. Hazel was a siren.

She donned the nurse's outfit for the Virginia Mason Hospital, including a legitimate photo ID with a fake name, and caught a Lyft to her job. Once she had arrived at the hospital she checked in as Benjamin Credit's anesthesiologist. It was documented that they were having trouble keeping him sedated and needed something a little more powerful. Once she was patched through security, Hazel made her way up the stairs to the floor where her target was being kept, passing a very bashful SPD detective on his way down.

---

In the darkness of his mind, Benjamin could hear... something. It was so faint. A voice - soft, almost helpless, calling out. Then he heard his name. "Benjamin," it cried weakly.
His brow twitched. Who was that? A woman in trouble...? "I'm coming," he responded, his voice echoing in the dark chamber of his unconscious thoughts. "I'm coming."

Celesse turned her attention on the male, shaking her head, “I-I think I’m going to stay here, if that’s alright.” She retorts, soundly calm. To sell it off, she blinked several times before leaning on her elbows to her knees, looking distressed. The cup was discarded already in the bin, she downed the rest just minutes before feigning shock. She didn’t need to watch to hear the older male get up, apologize again, and give her a card – which she accepted, though she was likely to toss it. Nodding once again to his apologies as he took his leave, Celesse remained in that position until he was out the ER entrance doors. Hearing him slam his door shut and leave the premises.

She suddenly shifted back into her normal behaviour, looking to the Nurses with an arched eyebrow. This hospital was no stranger to other supernaturals falsifying stories just to get the mortals out of there. And it would likely not be the last as the male nurse from before approaches her.

“You really sold that back there.” He commented.

“Listen…I’ll pay you triple if you…” She points to the cameras, “And I’ll make it worthwhile.” She sported a small smile. The Nurse knew what she meant, he nodded to her request. “Just wait here.”

She shrugs her shoulders, not knowing if she were going to leave soon. Celesse couldn’t lie though, she was slightly worried about her target, ‘Why the hell is he a magnet for trouble?’ She pondered, delving deeper into her thoughts.

Alaric taps his nail against his chin, the chess pieces were falling into place. After a brief talk with Celesse, however, had put a halt in his plans. The Valerius Clan were up to something or at least, the youngest member seem to be. The more important question was, who the hell else was pulling strings? Harold was dead, so who the heck was disrupting his plans? It had to be someone more conniving than him, perhaps even perceptively so. There wasn’t a single name that he could think of off the top of his head.

He’d just have to log into the software to see if anyone was going behind his back. On his monitors, it displayed various cameras, his finger flicked through them all. Faster than the average human eye could see, it looked like a flip book as it picked up speed. The tapping of his finger stopping on a more, precarious state of a face, he thought he might never see again. The She-Wolf was making her way across Upper Seattle, towards the faction that belonged to the Ghouls, Ghosts, and doppelgängers. He leaned onto his elbows on his oak desk, narrowing his eyes on the pixelated female. Alaric has eyes and ears everywhere on Seattle, just how the hell was this certain werewolf evading his radar?

Lazily, he snapped his fingers, in came one of the more, loyal, and older ally that have served him well. His own personal bodyguard, “Go fetch the dog.” Alaric pointed to the female, “Maria should not be back in Seattle. She’s trespassing on my city. Now, go.” He ordered.

The Vampire did a swift bow, in a 90-degree angle then he vanished in thin air. It was like he was never called to bid his Master’s will. The anonymous leech appeared in the rain, it cracked and continued to pour heavily on the streets of this dreary city. If Maria was more correct about the theory she was little-by-little piecing together then this entire system was far from what she initially thought it was from when she left it.

Last edited:
"Benjamin," the voice cried out, the tone reaching into his soul and tugging at something primal.

"Hold on, I'm coming," he responded roughly, frustrated by his lack of progress. He was running, sprinting really, but the voice never seemed to get any closer. There was something wrong, he knew that. Even in his subconscious he was perceptive to danger. But it was like he was living in a dream and had no control over his motions.

---

"Yvette Barnard, here for a patient in," Hazel checked fake notes on her phone as she registered with the nurses on Benjamin's floor. "308?" she asked, glancing the way one of the female nurses directed her. They were trying not to ogle. Her silent song that captivated hearts and made people blind to reality was weaving all around her, lulling them into a false sense of security.

---

Finally he caught up with her. A beautiful woman, naked, laying on the ground with her back to him. He reached out to touch her shoulder and was startled to find his skin was clean of tattoos. Even his scars were gone. When he looked back at the woman again she was slowly pushing herself up into a seated position. He swallowed. He wasn't sure he had ever been so moved by the human figure before, but she was... perfect.

"Benjamin," the siren said softly, looking demurely over her shoulder at him. "You have led such a difficult life. Aren't you tired of fighting...?" The man felt an uncomfortable twist in his gut.

---

Hazel walked past Celesse on her way to Benjamin's hospital room, a small fabric cooler draped over her slender shoulder. In it she had enough fentanyl to kill a horse, which from what she'd heard she might need in entirety to put this soldier down. She could feel the way his mind was reaching out to hers. He was very, very alone. It was easy to lure him in because of his desire to help others. Seduction would come naturally, and then death. He would feel no pain.

---

The woman in the dark stood, and when he would come no closer she drew near to him. "You're afraid," she said softly, taking him by the wrist.

He swallowed. Why did he feel like he had no choice in this matter...? "Are you the angel of death?" he asked her. He'd finally pushed his body too far. He had put himself under a pressure it could not withhold, and this was the end.

"I can be, if that is what you'd like," the woman draped her arm around his shoulders and gently placed a kiss on his lips.

---

Hazel set her bag down on the bedside table, unzipped it and drew out a cylinder and a syringe. Killing today was so much easier than back in the old days. Sliding a drug into an IV line was so simple, and so painless. It beat drowning thrashing sailors any day of the week. She paused for a moment to look down at her target's face, her fingers tracing the tattoos down his arm.

Celesse was looking down at her hands, her thoughts train screeching to a halt. Something disrupted her, it was a trickling sensation like a sweet call. At first, the edges of her vision swayed, threatening to change the scenery before into something else. She struggled to resist, whatever was this sweet call, this woman’s voice calling out to her. Though it wasn’t just any woman’s voice, it was the voice of her mother. Celesse mumbled her name, too quiet to pick up for anyone around. The voice getting louder, she stiffened in her seat, she didn’t remember her mother’s voice for ages.

Her mother…was never one to comfort her, Celesse remembered. Her mother was unkind, unloving, unwanting of her only daughter. The scenery changed back to the hospital, her skin crawled at the sight of a nurse passing her by. There was something not right about that beautiful woman who passed, Celesse couldn’t resist to turn her head and catch a glimpse of her heading up the stairs. This effect…the shapeshifter couldn’t quite place it, she was near to remembering the name of it when her phone started ringing. Celesse’s mind of the name slipped as easy as it appeared.

She fished the mobile from her pocket, looking at the screen to find Alaric calling her back, “Resist the Siren’s Call.” The anonymous voice spoke on the other end. Her heart dropped, looking back at the screen to find Alaric’s name still there. Who the hell was using his phone?

“Trust no one.” It said again before hanging up.

Celesse slowly placed the phone down, she was putting the pieces together. Then, she looked up at the Nurse’s station, finding the staff to be in some kind of trance. They were visibly relaxed, unlike the noisy bits of gossip passing through them moments ago. Celesse turned her head the opposite direction, in direction of the stairs. Slowly realizing that…that was a Siren, but who was she after?

Shit.’ Celesse had let her guard down, not knowing if Benjamin were still in danger. She all but dashed from the waiting room, running down the corridor and up the stairs. The only problem was, which damn room was this dying agent laying in?

Last edited:
He was resisting her. Hazel could feel him pushing back in her mind. As her fingers traced down his arm to his wrist, she could feel his pulse. Slow, but strong. He wasn't giving up. This was rare in her experience. Sometimes she had difficulty with women, but men were generally more than happy to accept her loving embrace and fade out of existence. She frowned faintly. She almost wished she didn't have to kill him. Thankfully, though, he wouldn't have to submit in his mind. The fentanyl would destroy him one way or another.

---

She had her fingers sunk into his hair, leaning in against his strong body and pressing gentle kisses on his neck. "Why won't you just give in...? Aren't you ready to rest?" she asked softly.
It wasn't that her offer sounded undesirable - quite the contrary. She was beautiful, and also gentle and kind. If this was death, he wouldn't mind falling into its embrace. There was a time in his life he had contemplated suicide. Except. "I can't." Benjamin thought of the weight of his friends' deaths that he carried on his shoulders, his desire to make them proud. His wish to do something with the gift of his life that would make his survival worth it.

She unbuttoned his shirt, pulling it aside and spreading her fingers across his bare chest. The wound from Isabella was gone, as well as his tattoos and even his hair. "You put too much responsibility on yourself. Their deaths were not your fault," the woman said.

"No," Benjamin agreed as he looked down at her. "But now that I'm the only one left, it's my responsibility to make as much of my life as I can," he said, and then brushed his fingers across his own chest. "I like it better with the tattoos."

---

Benjamin's eyes opened halfway. At first they were dull, glazed over, but slowly the life was returning to them. Hazel frowned, pulling away from his body. He was a wreck, physically. She wasn't sure he was aware of the extent of his injuries. Perhaps if he knew, he would be more willing to succumb to her offer. But it mattered not. She took his IV line, stuck the syringe in the port, and opened the valve to let the medication flow.

Back