Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
(Written by Ringmaster.)

"Too slow."

tumblr_nesgczkU1C1rrhoqbo6_500.gif

Ally and friend of Overwatch, once upon a time. Mercenary. Killer-for-Hire. An assassin for bid, within the network of Talon. A shadow of despair.

Reaper had revealed himself and his shotguns would blast like a call to arms, the explosive bursts impacting all around as the deadly assassin made his play, when both McCree and the old soldier found themselves most vulnerable. It was how he did things, always coming when they were weakest for him to savor and enact the kill.

But Reaper would be denied as a white flash of blinding light took both Overwatch members away.

Reaper lowered his shotguns and if any expression crossed his features, they were hidden by the bone-white mask he wore. Talon operatives rushed in to capture the Cyberdemon and he ignored them as he said under his breath, turning to leave.

"Next time."

He paced over to the elevator, stepping in as behind him the Cyberdemon began to rip and tear the operatives. As the doors closed, the last thing Reaper saw was the Cyberdemon as it tore an agent apart like a wishbone at Thanksgiving.

----------

"-You'll pardon me sir, but considering what just happened I'm inclined to believe that these....Creatures aren't as powerful as you led us to believe. These Overwatch agents are yet alive and now, they have knowledge of our Cell. We'll have to move all over again."

The Talon officer scowled, though his guest appeared indifferent. Indeed, his only concern appeared to be the coffee he was pouring out into a shot glass, which he consumed with every amount of relish. White clothing to counter the black of Talon, a cane with a clawed hand upon it leaning against his seat as he smiled. The Talon officer hated it when he did that, the smile felt like a prelude to something worse as sure enough, the man in white spoke.

"Of course not. With sufficient dakka and superbly skilled fighters, anyone can take down these creatures. Its their purpose, their only reason for living. But they are strong and the fact it lasted so long against people whom I'm given to understand have thus far, sent your agents flying every time? Well, I think that speaks volumes for itself. And this is merely one."

He got up, looking over the impromptu arena where so much violence had been wrought, watching with mild amusement at the volume of blood and bile on the ground as the Cyberdemon ate the cooling corpses of the people sent to capture it again. In a calm, casual tone he continued.

"Imagine an army of them? Able to appear anywhere, anyplace vis-a-vis areas of intense suffering and death. The perfect shock troops for the new world you hope to bring about. Its a package deal we've sold off to many with your similar vision."

The Talon officer scowled and pointed down below at the bodies.

"That is carnage. If we cannot control it, then what good is bringing them at all? Talon will have its day, but in light of what I have seen? I cannot in good faith, move forward with this....Absurdity."

The elevator doors opened and Reaper walked in, pausing by the officer as the Man in White said nothing, merely staring at the viewport.

The Talon officer inhaled deeply as he added.

"Also, in light of what I have seen as well? I'm afraid I believe Talon and your shareholders cannot do business. At all. Reaper."

In a wink, Reaper drew one of his shotguns and aimed it at the back of the Man in Whites head. He on the other hand, did nothing even as the sound of the safety clicking off echoed in the room. The Talon officer continued.

"We are many things, Talon....But we are not stupid. Any deal with you will have hidden costs and in the end, we will pay dearly for all we have dealt with you. Reaper, kill him."

Reaper did nothing. The Talon officer grew annoyed.

"That is an order Reaper! Kill!"

"You heard the man Mr. Reaper."

He finished his coffee and placed the shot glass down on a table, a smirk crossing his features.

"Kill."

The sound of the shotgun blast cracked around the room like the lash of a whip.

And the Talon officer fell over, minus a majority of his skull and brain. Reaper holstered his shotgun and moved to stand by the side of the Man in White. The Man in White glanced at him.

"So how does it feel, knowing you've condemned this world to fire in the fullness of time? That you'll soon become the new Master of Talon and gain the power not only to make your enemies suffer in this life...But the next?"

Reaper cocked his head, as agents behind them dragged the body of the officer away for the Cyberdemon before laughing quietly as he looked out into the future with relish.

"It feels great."

A beginning....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back