Recipe Share

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
So! I enjoy cooking, and I know many others here do as well. I thought a thread to share recipes would be fun. My first contribution shall be my meal plan for tomorrow.

It was a recipe I modified from one of my grandmother's that never really had an official name that I know of. We just called it 'glop', due to its appearance and random ingredients. It's a very adaptable recipe with the three core ingredients being comprised of potatoes, eggs, and bread. The exact type of potato and bread are subject to variation.

The gist of it is the potatoes are sliced thin (or diced up small) and fried. The raw eggs are whisked up, and then the bread is torn into pieces and mixed into the egg. You want the pieces big enough to hold together, and you want to mix it enough to thoroughly coat the pieces of bread without making them fall apart.

The egg mixture is poured in with the potatoes once the potatoes are looking just about done (soft, with slightly browned exterior). It's all mixed up together and fried until the eggs are thoroughly cooked through without any wet mushy spots.

I left out seasonings because as said, this recipe is very adaptable depending on your mood and personal taste. At minimum I recommend seasoning the potatoes and egg mixture with salt and pepper during the cooking process, but chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and cumin also make good options to add to the mix.

I also listed the aforementioned ingredients as 'core' ingredients, because this is where I like to change things up. If I want spicy, I'll dice up a habanaro pepper into the mix, if I want mild, I'll dice up a bell pepper. Diced onion also makes a great addition. If I'm feeling like meat, I'll toss in some ground sausage.

If I'm adding vegetables and/or meat, I usually will saute them in a separate pan for a few minutes (adding the meat as well if I plan to use any until it's thoroughly cooked), and then I add it all to the fried potatoes at the same time as the egg mixture.

I don't have any exact cooking times for the various steps because a lot of factors can influence it (how thick the potatoes are sliced/diced, what vegetables you're using, whether or not meat is being added, etc). So it's recipe that takes a little bit of intuition to be able to adjust accordingly.

Last edited:
Adaptable recipes are the best! Being able to make minor changes to suit your mood! <3

The recipe I'm sharing is for simple beef sliders that came about because I was tired of buying Whitecastle burgers. Honestly, they turned out fucking amazing, but obviously not for those with a peanut allergy. (If you try them, please let me know how they turned out!)

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup dried onion flakes
2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
King's Hawaiian sweet rolls
Sliced cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar, but swiss works wonderfully as well.)

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the hamburger, peanut butter, milk, and dry seasonings.
3. Spread the mixture out on a cookie sheet/shallow baking pan, using a rolling pin to even and smooth it out.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes; the meat will shrink. Remove it from the oven and sprinkle the diced onions around the edges, then bake for 15 more minutes.
5. Remove from the oven again, and use a spatula to spread the onions all over the top of the meat, and layer the top with cheese slices.
6. Bake for another 7-10 minutes (until cheese reaches desired level of meltiness/crispiness), then add the top half of your Hawaiian rolls to the top of the meat and place back in the oven for about another five minutes.
7. Remove from oven, slice sliders into squares with a pizza cutter, and place them on the bottom buns!

Wow, I've never put peanut butter in a burger before. I might have to try that.

My favorite recipe is an Alfredo sauce I got from my grandmother.

2tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, minced (this can be adjusted to taste. I usually use more)
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 rounded tbsp flour
1 cup half and half or heavy cream
1 tsp basil or parsley (I usually skip that bit)

Brown the garlic lightly in the butter, then add the bouillon (I crush it so it'll dissolve faster. I find my garlic burns if I don't). Once that's completely dissolved, at the flour and mix until it is smooth. Add the cream while mixing with a whisk and stir constantly until it is the consistency you like. It shouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes once the cream starts to boil. Best served over pasta with a little parmesan sprinkled on top.

I love all these omg.

So I'm weird and I love chocolate chip cookies but HATE the chips, they are always gross and meh so I got a chipless cookies recipe from a friend and I thinks he got it from the internet tbh but whatever! They are so good!!

SMALL BATCH:
1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 egg yolk (or half of a whisked egg)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350°F. In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream together the softened butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. (Or you can do this using a hand mixer.) Add egg and vanilla, and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium-low speed until combined. (I break the rules and usually just sprinkle these dry ingredients evenly over the top of the dough and then mix them in. But if you’d like to make sure they’re super evenly mixed, just whisk together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them to the dough.)
Shape the dough into balls that are about 1-inch in diameter, and place them on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 10-20 minutes, or until the dough is chilled through. (This will help prevent the cookies from spreading out too flat when they bake.)
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are just set. The centers may look slightly undercooked. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 3-4 months.

My grandmother's, mother's, and now my recipe for spaghetti sauce that has ruined me for all others: it's so easy!

Ingredients:
Pound of beef
1 small can Hunts tomato paste
1 regular sized can Hunts tomato sauce
Minced garlic
Basil
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Water

Directions:
Brown the meat and then drain it. Add the tomato paste and tomato sauce. Fill the sauce can with water and put that in the pan as well. Add a tablespoon of minced garlic, and then I add all the spices to my taste preference. Heat the sauce till boiling, then cool down and simmer until thick.

It's absolutely easy and delicious! My husband asks for it weekly.

Heres a recipe for vhat I like to call a "booster meal" (loose translation XD ). My own concoktion. Something I like to make for lunch, vhen I'm in a rush and dont have time (or ingredients) to make my-self a proper meal. Healthy, tasty, and hi-caloric, beats going down the crap-road and ordering a pizza. Vhen done, its almost like a pizza, but healthy.

2 fresh carrots
6-8 thick slices of any kind of ham or salami, long as its fresh. I prefer turkey or chicken ham
1/3 kg of flour
2 to 3 tea-spoons of oil (any kind wil do, I prefer olive oil if I got it tho)
about half a glass of water (depends how much flour you used)
salt

First you grind the carrots (or slice them in-to tiny pieces but that takes longer), then you pour the grinded carrots in-to the bowl vith 1/3 kg flour in it. Mix that up vith water, and make dough. Not too thick, but not thin either. Then, put in the ham/salami slices in the mix too, and mix the dough up some more, until they become one with it. Salt the vhole thing up, as you mix it, so the salt is even thru-out it. How much salt you put in is up to you (I like things salty, so I dont go easy on it :p ). Flatten the dough, not totaly, to be about 2 times as thick as a pizza. Now its ready to be fryed. Cover it in oil on both sides, and put in in a pan. Fry it on low-flame for about 10 mins, fliping it over evry 2 minutes. Done!

Takes about 15 minutes to make (if you grind the carrots, longer if you cut them up), including frying it. You can add more spices in adition to salt ofc, thats up to you, but I like to keep it simple.

Back