Daisy

(Not a flower)

Plot
No one knows when it started or who it started with. Myth and legend from long ago have always involved people with supernatural capabilities- whether they were true accounts or fiction is a matter of opinion and the willingness to believe. What we do know, however, is that it can happen to anyone. There is no noticeably special gene to be passed down through blood; no affliction of health. You’re simply either born with it, or you’re not. If you are… well, it’s probably going to be a long ride filled with unfortunate events teeming with regret. It’s hard to learn how to control your powers when it's just as difficult to come across anyone you can relate to on a genetic level, let alone the people who actually share the same abilities as you. Many children of the supernatural are abandoned by their parents, sent into group homes or foster families. Many others tend to run from their places of residency, unable to stay still -- to feel accepted. But there are always the few -- very lucky people -- who have families that accept them for who they are. That or they don’t lose control; have some sort of horrible accident involving the misuse of their power until the end of their teenage years, living in peaceful ignorance.

It truly is extremely hard to happen across someone who holds special abilities. It’s only become more well-known to those who believe, or others of a similar mindset who become aware through the sudden boom of social media or on television, which document real accounts of incidents that seemed impossible to begin with. This can be both good and bad. What’s bad about it is that there are always going to be… extremists. They would rather see the “powers of God” remain within his divine hands, and his hands only. It’s been a hushed fact that there are hunters or radical groups who are after supernatural people to either use them or kill them. Hell, even some Supernaturals have a twisted logic that they should be in control, be seen as living, breathing gods among men, who try to use their own powers as well as others in less than nice ways. The good, however, is that this can help others connect. It's now possible to form small groups, tracking people down through incidents that can only be described as abnormal. This has become a survival tactic against those who choose to hunt.

The Safe Haven is a group of people with supernatural abilities who have banded together and formed a family in order to survive. It was started four years ago by a girl named Jane Stafford when she was only 17 years old and a runaway from the Foster system. Jane goes around tracking peculiar incidents recorded in television reports, small town news papers, etc. She finds these people who cannot control their powers in order to give them comfort and an accepting home, if they so choose to go with her.

Located in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, the group resides in an age-old house abandoned long ago in the midst of the forest, tucked out sight from the tiny town a mere ten minute walk away. It has since been renovated well enough to suit the needs of those living there -- even so much as to grant every inhabitant a room of their own. The Haven was created nearly four years ago, and since then the group’s numbers have fluctuated in size from large, to small. People come, and people go, always of their own accord.

The role play will start off with a simple beginning arc; a regular day, just long enough for our characters to start the beginnings of meshing together. Afterwards the arising conflict will start. A boy who used to reside in the haven comes back to the surprise of all the others. He left the Haven originally, long before most of the members who currently reside there, because he was getting violent and hot tempered. An altercation took place the day he left when he accidentally hurt Jane with his powers when they were having an argument on his beliefs. He has the belief that those with abilities should rise above those who don’t, whereas the Safe Haven simply holds the beleif of wanting to be on the same level as the normal humans. With his new group he intends to eradicate any other group that stands in his way of beliefs. The reason he comes back, however, is that one of his group has been taken, and he needs help in order to get that member back. He may not agree with Safe Haven's ways, but they were family for a time, no matter what issues unfolded in the past. For weeks, his group has been getting threats by a group or person who pens their name "Venator" who not only threatens to expose them, but to torture them as they do. Little does Haven know, however, is that Jane has gotten one or two threats from them herself but has kept it to herself in order to try and combat them in private.

Extra
Hi, hello! I'm Daisy. This is a role play I had created previously on another website and thought I might as well try it out over here. I would be playing Jane, and possibly the antagonistic character. I would prefer not to play him (or her, gender doesn't really matter) so I would like to see if someone would want to take that specific role. I think I would want maybe 10 characters max, so five characters belonging to the Haven, and five character belonging to the radical group. Even less might be better, haha. Probably would be good to have 1 or 2 Venator characters, though they probably wouldn't be super active at the beginning of the story unless they were off doing their own stuff. Ages would probably range from 13-21, maybe higher. I wouldn't want people doubling up on powers, so if people take interest in this, once I make the OOC thread with character applications I'll just have people request the powers they want and keep a list of what's taken. Clearly this roleplays inspired by X-men. I would love to elaborate more on the conflict of the story, so if anyone has any opinions or questions I'd love to know!!

Ooh, I'm interested! I'm getting a kind of X-Men/Miss Peregrine vibe from this RP, it looks fun. Totally interested in playin' in that there radical group.

Back