Sean's Stories - Trials of Blood (#1)

Sean E.

The Joke-Spewing Storyteller
*Epic music plays in the background*
Intro
Here it is ladies and gentlemen. May I present to you, the first short story of my collection. This story is for the month of February, I couldn't wait to post it so it's a couple hours early. Since this is the first one I will be releasing, I felt it needed a bit of a kick to it. It's a whopping 59 pages long, and for that reason I am keeping it in Google Docs, though in future stories they will most likely be directly posted here for ease of access. Of course, feel free to let me know down below any questions you have about something, comments you wanted to make, or suggestions as to what the next theme of the short story should be!

Reason for Writing
I wrote this story because in my English class we were given the task of writing a short story following the Hero's Journey template, a very common template used in all kinds of literature. The reason it is so long is because I've had a couple months to work on it. I don't expect my other stories from here on out to be nearly as long, since I'll only be working on them for a month at the most, so don't worry about that. I wanted to share this story despite it being so long and for a class because I am quite proud of it. I used to write little stories all the time but I never finished them. This is the first story I was actually able to finish.

About "Trials of Blood"
"Trials of Blood" is a Fantasy-type story about an Orc named Hograk who finds himself different than the rest of the orcs, and embarks on a journey to conquer his inner self. He meets some friends along the way, and overcomes a variety of challenges to reach his goal. Pretty basic plot-line and a bit predictable, but as I mentioned earlier this was written for a class. I reference the Underdark, from the Forgotten Realms world, but it is a different setting. They both just share the same name. I was a bit lazy with that part, so I apologize for that.

Google Document Link

Farewell
Well this will do it for the first story. Hope you guys enjoy! Any criticism you have I would love to know. I want to develop my abilities as a writer, so knowing what I could improve on is something that would be very great indeed. If you have any ideas you would like me to try and flesh out, feel free to shoot those out as well! I already have March's story in the works, but perhaps I will select an idea for April's, and of course provide the relative shout out and personal thanks to the person who suggested the idea. Whatever that's worth. Take care, and enjoy the rest of your time in the Storyteller's Circle!

Last edited:
Are you gonna post one of these "Author's Words" type things every time? Cuz I kinda think the whole introduction and explanation of the story is obsolete. Just show us your work!

Are you gonna post one of these "Author's Words" type things every time? Cuz I kinda think the whole introduction and explanation of the story is obsolete. Just show us your work!
I mean if you would rather not have it then I can get rid of it. I just wanted to mix it up a bit. Thanks for the input, I didn't know how that would work out

Back