Shadows (brother and sister assassin OOC. Title to change in future.)

So I'll start off by saying I get pretty enthusiastic about this sort of thing, and I can get...politely pushy. I try to be self-aware of it, but I encourage you to remind me that this is your show, your vision, and that I am merely a humble performer. If I, in any way, seem to be 'hijacking' your vision, please tell me to knock it off. I really won't be offended, again I am self aware of this tendency.

I will, if at anytime feel that you are being, as you say politely pushy. But also know I love to bounce ideas off my partner. To mold the idea it something more than what it was. Just like a Potter's hands. :)

So I have some questions. Feel free to take your time to answer them. I'd like a deeper understanding of the theme we're going for. Is this modern in the sense of modern technology, or literally a modern setting like we're in Lansing Michigan, but there happens to be vampires? How prevalent are vampires? Rare? Plentiful? Are vampires public or secretly skulking through the night? And how are we going to portray ourselves? Is this going to be more or less true to life in terms of what we think vampires can do, or are we going all anime and over-the-top? Still have lots of questions (I think answering questions is half the fun of initial world building) but take your time to digest these if you don't already know these answers straight away.

Also while you are digesting those questions, I'll float you an idea. Brother and sister are close, but also deeply divided. The conflict lies in their philosophy about what they do. Maybe sister is deeply honor bound by what she does, proud of the family lineage. Brother is more conflicted, wants to do something else with his unlife. He never hesitates to pull the trigger as it were, but he's mournful after the kill. Maybe he goes through some elaborate ritual after every 'cold blooded' kill to show his sorrow. And maybe he's exceptionally gifted at killing, which makes it so much harder for him to separate himself from that life

Oh I love to answer questions! So here we go! :)

In regards to your first question of the modern setting. What I pictured for it, but it can change if a better idea comes along. I wanted to bring to worlds together. Fantasy and modern. I was looking for it to be set in upstate New York. Where they would be away from the waking world but still close enough to it. It were they could interact with it.

But if we wanted to take more of a different look at it. We could have it where we would still be in upstate New York. But we have lost cell, phones, tv's, cars even the internet. The times of kings and queens once again taking over the known world. Those are the two ideas I had for settings.

In answer to your other questions about vampire's. They would be lurking in the shadows. For they are a dying race. That is what makes the brother and sister so special. Because there isn't very many if them left.

In how we portray ourselves. Well, I was thinking more along the lines. Of what we think vampires are. Pulling from what we know and putting together what we think is the best vampire out there. All info can be pulled from books, movies even lore.

I think I covered all your questions. Let me know your thoughts and if I missed or didn't make a clear answer to a question.

Also while you are digesting those questions, I'll float you an idea. Brother and sister are close, but also deeply divided. The conflict lies in their philosophy about what they do. Maybe sister is deeply honor bound by what she does, proud of the family lineage. Brother is more conflicted, wants to do something else with his unlife. He never hesitates to pull the trigger as it were, but he's mournful after the kill. Maybe he goes through some elaborate ritual after every 'cold blooded' kill to show his sorrow. And maybe he's exceptionally gifted at killing, which makes it so much harder for him to separate himself from that life
I think that is a great idea! I can see her not being bothered so much when it comes to the kill. And she wouldn't understand why he has such a problem with what they do. And it can be either her or him. But I do love your idea.

I like the melding of fantasy and modern. What would you think about the vampire world being the kings and queens type of social organization? We are from a noble household (the blooded dagger our family sigil) and our 'guild' is literally made up of our extended family...cousins, uncles, ect. Our family is important to the current throne, and we like our parents before us, are very important social figures. Everyone knows we're assassins, but it's not talked about in social circles or publicly. We're just guardians of the throne.

It also could be taboo for vampires to adopt the tropes and customs of humans. No iPhones, no internet, no Nikes (though it is very popular among the posh to do these things behind closed doors and show them off to their friends). Lemme know what you think!

Also we should think about what kind of vampires we want to be. Classic 'keep that garlic away from me!' vampires, or something we decide to customize point to point. I've never been a fan of the idea that vampires are fundamentally evil. They're no more evil than you and me eating a cow (if you're not a vegan that is!). So I've never like the holy objects thing. But that's just me

I better ask now before I get swept away in the undertow of my brain, how detailed do you want all this to be before we begin the actual RP? I love world-building and setting up all the details neatly before the process actually begins, but would you rather flesh it out as we go, or are you okay with all the details I'm prodding you for, so to speak? I'm open to whatever you prefer. And keep in mind I'm totally new to this style of RP, so if all this detail is generally dealt with as we RP, then let me know.

I like the melding of fantasy and modern. What would you think about the vampire world being the kings and queens type of social organization? We are from a noble household (the blooded dagger our family sigil) and our 'guild' is literally made up of our extended family...cousins, uncles, ect. Our family is important to the current throne, and we like our parents before us, are very important social figures. Everyone knows we're assassins, but it's not talked about in social circles or publicly. We're just guardians of the throne.

It also could be taboo for vampires to adopt the tropes and customs of humans. No iPhones, no internet, no Nikes (though it is very popular among the posh to do these things behind closed doors and show them off to their friends). Lemme know what you think!

Also we should think about what kind of vampires we want to be. Classic 'keep that garlic away from me!' vampires, or something we decide to customize point to point. I've never been a fan of the idea that vampires are fundamentally evil. They're no more evil than you and me eating a cow (if you're not a vegan that is!). So I've never like the holy objects thing. But that's just me

As to your first little paragraph. I love the idea that it would be a kings and queens type of social organization. It actually falls into the ideas that I had for it. Especially with playing assassins, I don't feel that fit into another type. I mean yes are "hitmen" in the common modern world. But I don't want something that common. And in the end it makes it more fun. And I love the idea of the blooded dagger is the family sigil. I never even thought of going that way with it. But I think that it would be wonderful to see something like that. I love the way your mind works! This is becoming something I'm really going to get into. :)

And now the second idea you cam up with. I think its a great idea! To put our kind apart from the humans. Knowing that we are the better race. We don't think we need to bring ourselves down to the leve the humans. Even doing it behind closed doors might be something to do. But I don't see her doing that. Because of how she holds herself and her race. So, it would fit perfect into our rp for sure!

Types of vampires. I would like for us to customize our vampires. Pulling from what we know of them and what we like and bring it all together. I don't think all vampires are evil, they drink blood so they can live. It is just as you said, we eat cow so we can live. Well, some of us anyways. It is the vampires normal way of life. And I never liked the hold objects thin either. Heck, they can go to church if they want to. Even have their own religon if we wanted to take it that far. I think they need to have a some weakness. Just so they aren't over powered. I'll start looking up so lore and pull from what I know. And see if we both can come together on what we would like to have them be like. :)

I better ask now before I get swept away in the undertow of my brain, how detailed do you want all this to be before we begin the actual RP? I love world-building and setting up all the details neatly before the process actually begins, but would you rather flesh it out as we go, or are you okay with all the details I'm prodding you for, so to speak? I'm open to whatever you prefer. And keep in mind I'm totally new to this style of RP, so if all this detail is generally dealt with as we RP, then let me know.

Well, I for one love detail! The more of it the better! We are on the same mind with each other. I would love to set it all up before we get started. Because then we won't have to work it out later in the rp. We will have solid foundation that will be working off of. We can make the world that we will come from. Heck, we can even do the laws if you would like. But if that is to much I would understand that. Well, it is all different with each person. So like to work it out through the rp. Others on the other hand love to work out everything before they start. So, I would go with the first. I'm thinking of looking up pictures of what the world might look like. I love to have that shown so it is a vivid world to rp in. :D

I'm a big fan of plotting, so the more we work out ahead the better, and like I said, it's half the fun of the RP for me. I'll get more detailed once I get home from work! Very excited for this little world of ours. Glad we seem to be one the same page so early. Makes me feel like this has a chance to be a really good RP!

So I was going back through what we started out with, and you mentioned the vampires being a dying race. What is the issue facing them? Is it a disease? I think it would be cool if the nobles, like our brother and sister, are pure bloods. Born vampires. Most vampires these days are of the turned variety. Pure bloods are much more powerful. Maybe they aren't having children anymore, or it is very rare. The gene pool, so to speak, is thinned. They only way to keep the race alive is to turn humans into these inferior vampires, and pure bloods have been very resistant to this.

So I was going back through what we started out with, and you mentioned the vampires being a dying race. What is the issue facing them? Is it a disease? I think it would be cool if the nobles, like our brother and sister, are pure bloods. Born vampires. Most vampires these days are of the turned variety. Pure bloods are much more powerful. Maybe they aren't having children anymore, or it is very rare. The gene pool, so to speak, is thinned. They only way to keep the race alive is to turn humans into these inferior vampires, and pure bloods have been very resistant to this.
I have thought about this for awhile. I have went back and forth with it. I can see both of them being very good ideas. And I have to the mind. That I think it would be a good way. That pure bloods aren't having children. It could be from a many of things. That has caused this. Some magic, a illness that has come upon them or they have come to a point where it is just not easy for them anymore. And to go outside, to humans. Just to bring more into their ranks. I was also thinking that maybe to turn a human. You have to have permission to turn them? To make sure they just don't bring in any type. Almost wanting the best of the humans.

I also had another idea. What if the brother and sister had some kind mark? Like a tattoo. That they were born with. Comes with being part of their family. I have been looking at some marks we might use. But it was just an idea I had. Let me know what you think.

Maybe the noble families have some sort of magical something or the other attached to them that manifests in these marks that are with them at birth. Signifies their nobility, their purity, their specific noble house. Maybe some other magicy benefits. I like it

I love the idea that the pure blood families would have some sort of magic. To show that they are above the turned humans. Because that would bring up. That the pure bloods would be different from the humans that are turned. Yes they would have the some power. But none like the pure bloods themselves.

Back