Shadows (brother and sister assassin OOC. Title to change in future.)

One of the classic vamp powers I like is the mind influence things. Maybe it's attached to gaze, maybe a magical voice.

Anyway, what if turned vamps have a hard time resisting this ability by pure bloods. They're not as vulnerable as humans, but they still struggle. The noble houses are even stronger. And if you're the vamp that made the turned vampire, they cannot resist. They have to obey. So maybe some of the crueler noble houses use some turned vampires as slaves. Like it's a status symbol

I think that my character in some ways admires humans and what he perceives as a 'simple' life away from the nobility. I don't think he likes the cruelty and the extravagance and the hubris. Even though he's an effective killer and never lets his feelings keep him from getting the job done, he's a conflicted and tortured soul. Very moody and prone to irritation.

I love mind influence. And I think that for each vampire it could be different. It can be the ones you have stated. I, myself like the magical voice. :)

I think that is a really good idea to be honest with you. And it actually fits with this role play. And with one that you have turned makes perfect sense to me. Their marker would have that control over them. I could see that happening.

I think that mine, wouldn't like the slaves. She would see it as horrible. But can't say much for it is the way of their world. And she is not the type to step out of line. And she wouldn't like to see her brother that way. And try to bring a smile to his face. Knowing that he has a hard time with some things. Even though he doesn't show, she can feel it coming off him. Even though she would be a killer, and good it. She would still have a sweetness about her, one could say a softness. That only her brother would see. But also have a her harder side. And she hides the softness behind a hard mask.

So I'm getting ready to launch my own RP in the next day or so, so I'll be busy with that. I'm also committed to two other RPs, but I'm literally on here every single day. I have lots of ideas and I'll be throwing idea grenades at you soon, so be ready!

I had some ideas for what vampires would be like in our little world.

Feeding:

• It could hurt while they fed off humans. They wouldn't numb the site of the bite. That could be for the humans that where turned vampire. We could have the pure bloods have a choice as to weather or not they want to numb their prey or not.
  • The human they feed off of. Would have a feeling of being safe and loved by the vampire. That is slowly draining the life out of them.
  • Their bite could paralyze their prey.
  • When they go a long time without having blood. They have a hard time holding back from ripping out the throats of their prey. They becoming messy and they can't think right.
  • Turned vampires, have to feed every 2 or 3 days.
  • Pure bloods can go a week maybe more without feeding.

Features:

• Beautiful, to draw their prey a little easier. Aside from using the magic of mind control.
  • They would have scent that only other vampires could smell. And it would become stronger as they fed.
  • Their fangs would be able to retract.
  • Their skin would be smooth, it would be feel soft. But it would hard as steel.
As I think of more things. I will add them. And I welcome any ideas that you might have for these. I'm thinking of weakness at the moment.

Even though it's an obvious I like the light sensitivity thing. I've always liked the creatures of the night imagery. I don't think it has to be burning in UV light, though, if we don't want it to. It could just be a serious weakness in the light, like flu symptoms or something. Or the more traditional is fine too.

Maybe a weakness could be necromancy? Maybe it's super rare and only humans (living things rather than undead) can use it. I don't know what the specifics would be, but it's an idea. Maybe certain frequencies are problematic too.

I think it is a great idea! To have a weakness to the sun. And they are night creatures. So, it would make sense for them to have some reaction to it. But bursting in flames or melting something along though lines I never liked. So, we are on the same page as that.

I love the idea of necromancy. I think that humans being able to use it, only in rare times. Would be awesome! It would give the vampires something to fear, if it ever came along in the end. But that brings up the question. Would pure blood's be able to fight it?

(sorry it took so long getting back. Strep throat and the stomach flu has been going around in my family.)

I think it is a great idea! To have a weakness to the sun. And they are night creatures. So, it would make sense for them to have some reaction to it. But bursting in flames or melting something along though lines I never liked. So, we are on the same page as that.

I love the idea of necromancy. I think that humans being able to use it, only in rare times. Would be awesome! It would give the vampires something to fear, if it ever came along in the end. But that brings up the question. Would pure blood's be able to fight it?

(sorry it took so long getting back. Strep throat and the stomach flu has been going around in my family.)
No worries about time frame. I'm committted to a bunch of stuff, so I'm always busy with this and that.
We should think about how exactly the necromancy stuff works. Write up a quick treatment on it and give it some ground rules. Pure bloods need some kind of weakness.

That would be a good idea. I will be thinking on it. I want to make sure that it makes sense and not just thrown together. I will be do some reading up on different areas of it. And see what I can pull or come up with. :)

I'm for sure a fan of logic. How do you feel about the stake through the heart? Think we can modern it up a bit?

Oh now that is very interesting. I think with both our heads we could do that. But if we do that, maybe it wouldn't be as easy. This may not be real modern. But it popped into my head. What if its in cased in bone? And there would be only one soft spot for a steak to go through. They would have to be at the right angle just to even meet that point of softness. The stake would have to be made from a special kind of wood and tipped in a special kind of metal?

And I'm a fan if its done right. Not overly cheesy like you see in some movies.

Agreed. I like the bone encased heart. Wait. What if the bone protected heart was a pure blood thing? Easier to kill turned vamps. How about all you need to do to the turned vamps is pierce the heart? Like even a bullet would do? The pure bloods, though, you need the special wood/metal combo and hit just he right spot.

I think it is prefect for the pure bloods. They after all have to harder to kill them the turned vamps. They are after all pure bloods. I think with the turned vamps as long as something pierced their heart. That would kill them. I think we both agree on this. :) What if they even get a nick to the heart? Would that just slow down the process of their death?

Back