Interest Check [Silly Roleplay] [Fantasy Genre] Tale of a Bored Shadow

LittleHermit

The Giant Of The Catacombs
This is my first attempt at a roleplay, it's following a random idea which is how most of my novels usually start, so give me a bit of time to work on this.

Tale of a Bored Shadow would be centered around a slightly magical but also scientific world. Luxurious cities covering alot of the planet while also producing mysterious forests and other natural areas. The cities would be tall, huge with different buildings and technological devices but would also use magic to function instead of regular power.
With the natural areas like rainforests, swamps, possibly even clouds that are their own islands, this would leave a lot of room for new roleplayers to join and choose where they want their character to originate from.
You could originate from one of the many cities, or maybe you grew up in a forest like Tarzan, or maybe a swamp like a witch, or perhaps you're not a land-dweller and originate from the clouds thinking you're a God.

As for character potential, a lot of it will be anime-like. Such as shows like One Punch Man (which is literally where my character idea originates) or Boku No Hero Academia.
You can make your character in any way you like, though don't go too far please. If you have a strong quality, make sure it has a fair weakness.

I'm unsure if I should speak of my character here in the details or in a reply format, but the plot of the roleplay is open. Anyone can produce their own danger, anyone can be their own hero.

I was thinking of going down a pathline similar to Saitama from One Punch Man.

You see, the idea I have is that my character, a user of darkness known as a Shadowmancer, capable of manipulating shadows, is capable of wiping out his enemies swiftly. Maybe not as fast as Saitama, but it's rarely equal in power to anything else. However his power is useless unless he's motivated.
His power always protects him from dangers, but unless he's pumped he can't control it willingly.

Tell me what you think!

No way do you have to.
One Punch Man is a very good watch so I RECOMMEND watching it, and haven't you seen BnhA with 'you-know'?
But otherwise no, your character could be anything of any type of ability, it's more fun to go wild as long as it's not calamity-like.

I have seen both XD well... one punch man only first 6 episodes but I didn’t enjoy it to much, it is a great anime! Just not for me. And... I don’t think I ever watched that with ‘you know’. Anyways XD next question! Just wanted to make sure I get this. This is a world where... there isn’t a full on storyline?.. it’s like... do your own thing in the world?...

Well the storyline is non-existent at the moment.
So yeah it can be formed, say maybe one of the people who join this roleplay might be a witch who wants to stop other mortals using magic.
Or maybe forest dwellers wish to take back the land from technology.
Or something else.

Back