Bug Slashes in Blog title

Isla

I frequently edit my blog posts, especially if I have a WIP character sheet in there. However, the blogs have been doing a strange thing on laptop and mobile where if I go back to edit, work on my character sheet a little, and save, the blog title will save and have back slashes in it when I haven't even touched it. Yesterday, it had around four back slashes that I've since deleted, but it's becoming increasingly frustrating. There's more slashes today. How do I get rid of them? Is this a bug in the blogs?

Hey, there. As this isn't an urgent bug Dash and I will be looking into it on Tuesday when we're off from work. Just wanted to let you know that we have read this though.

In the meanwhile if you can get some more information for us, it would greatly help. At a precursory glance I wasn't able to recreate the issue so if you could, take a moment to snap a screen shot that next time it happens to you and post an update in this thread.

Also important! Don't fix it if it happens again! Leave the slashes so we can take a look.

View attachment 824

It's been like this for a while now

Ok, I did something. Feel free to edit it now and let me know if the problem isn't fixed. The issue was due to the apostrophes and how the code for the blog's was interacting with a variable on the server. It should be gone now, but if you edit (or make new) blog title's with apostrophes and it happens again, let me know.

Ok, checked it out a bit further and the problem is still there. Disregard my previous post, I'll try some other stuff between the rest of tonight and tomorrow.

Last edited:
Minor update. I'm sorry to say it's not fixed yet. Thought it would have been by now since I changed a couple of things that usually cause this at the server level, but they don't seem to be impacting the behavior of the blogs. Either because the problem is something else that I haven't narrowed down yet, or because I need to tweak further directly into the blogs themselves.

While I promise you that I'll be looking into it (It's the kind of minor problem that bugs me to no end, as it's so simple a problem but so annoying to see), I can't say for certain how soon I'll get it fixed. The Blog's feature is an "addon" package we bought for the site to get that functionality out for people, and not something I authored myself, so I'll have to ask for support from the author of the code to see if they can work for me so I don't take it halfway apart and break other stuff in them through trial and error.

So as the issue is strictly in the blog titles, and it's strictly caused by the standard apostrophe ( ' ) symbol, a temporary workaround you can use is to use the ( ` ) symbol in the blogs titles instead. Not strictly typographically correct, but it'll get the idea across and not cause the slashes to appear.

I'll continue to work on the problem and will reply on here when it's resolved.

Back