Solve the Murders

Mai_able

Forest Faerie
Back in my senior year of high school, my writing teacher had us do a little wiring assignment. It was to write some murder mysteries and whoever's story couldn't be solved then they would get extra points. My stories weren't that good, but no one could solve them. Can you solve them?

Sugary Sins

Kyler Leonov- a 47-year-old baker with silver hair that sat atop his head in a crew cut, and kind hazel-green eyes- was known in his community as a very kind and loving man. Though this could not always be the case; to the younger community, he was known as a harsh and cruel man. Even Kyler had standards and rules for his place of work. He despised kids with a burning passion, whether it was their loud obnoxious ways or the ignorance and oblivious sight of the world they had. See Kyler had no children of his own, so the joy of being around children was lost to him. He had grown up fast, his parents having died when he was young; and then he is sent to his grandmothers in their mother country, Russia. He had no wife or any relationship to be honest. He found women and men alike to be a complete and utter waste of his time. Finding no use of them in his life, though he was still just as friendly, if they were adults that is.

Though he hated on the child more than the others, Chad Wick. An obnoxious overconfident boy, with a brain the size of a walnut. Though others would disagree do to his social standing, wealth, and good looks. Chad, a boy aged at only 17, had short blond hair and mischievous forest green colored eyes. Chad disliked Kyler about as much as the old man disliked him, though he could care less what happened or what he did. To him, the man was old and incompetent, too low for his social standing. Chad had always disliked Kyler and claimed one hot day in June the old man would, “roll over and die.”

Kyler had been working hard that day, in the early summer das the shop was always bustling with his favorite customers. By the nearing end of the day was when the “children” filed in. With an inward groan, he walked to the counter. He watched as they ordered food and sat at the eight-chaired flowers shaped tables and twelve seated booths. His eye twitched as he saw his least favorite person purposefully drop freshly baked, red velvet cake on the ground. “Hey old man, you gonna’ clean that up?!” Chad spoke in his deep voice the soother and lured people to him. Kyler huffed and walked over cleaning the mess mumbling in Russian to himself, “Chert deti vsegda kasayas’veshchi, kotorye oni ne dolzhny, vnosit besporyaodk moyego pekarni.” (“Damn children always touching things they don’t need to, making a mess of my bakery.”) Chad smirked and rolled his eyes, “Crazy old bat.”

Kyler left later that afternoon and sighed making his way to his small home. A small girl ran up to him and held out an ice cream wrapped in clear plastic. “My mommy says thank you for the streets.” She smiled after Kyler’s big hand took it from her small one. He smiled back and unwrapped the Popsicle humming to himself. Nearly home he began to eat the frozen treat. “Ohm Grape,” that was his favorite flavor. He smiled as he was at least a 20-minute walk from his house. He ate the Popsicle happily before he began to feel dizzy. Deciding it was just the heat he continued to walk. He looked at the spinning ground trying to concentrate his focus on his blue Nike running shoes. But he couldn’t. The purple color rand down his fingers onto his hand as he took the first step on his porch. He passed out and died then his hand-stained and ugly purple.

Frozen Death

John Leonard- a 38-year-old man with brown hair grayed with old age and plain brown eyes- was a very Profound and Prestigious lawyer, always busy with work he rarely had time with his family. His wife of sixteen years, Laura was her name- a fairly beautiful woman aged at 34 with light blond hair darkened from the summer sun, cut into a bob like style, and bright blue eyes. - had gotten tired of his absence in their love life.

She had admitted to John that she had slept with the pool boy on Christmas morning, Rico- a young 23-year-old Italian man with a toned body and the prettiest blue eyes one would ever see- she had no shame of this. Her words to him were clear, “I am tired of the absence of love in our relationship, you treat everything thing like a business. I'm not a case you know. I'm your wife, or, ex-wife now that I have a new love. I’ve been sleeping with the pool boy for the last year or so. I'm leaving tell Aiden I love him, but there’s no reason for me to stay here.” Aiden was there adopted son, though he didn’t know that, Aiden, unlike his foster parents, had silky black hair that reached his shoulders and piercing emerald green eyes and aged at only 17 years of age. Aiden was a troubled teen, often taking his internal anger out on his parents through misdemeanor or misconduct in school. Such as fighting; or arguing with his teachers, often, creating a disturbance in the classroom. He disliked his father greatly, thinking he would rather have a father he didn’t know who was never there, then one he did. He was even angrier when he found out his mother left him on the morning of Christmas. John and Aiden came into a bit of an argument when he found out that this had occurred. That was when John admitted that Aiden was not his or Laura’s child; he had been adopted as an infant Laura not wanting to ruin her perfect figure at the time.

Though John had many enemies, his line of work often caused them whether he won or lost the case. Not to mention Rico was more than aggravated that he was still a part of Laura’s life. The night John died he hadn’t expected it, Aiden had stormed out not being able to stand the sight of his father, his wife had left him for a younger version of himself, not to mention he didn’t have any time off due to the recent cases popping up in his files. He spent Christmas night working a cup of brandy in one hand and a black fine point pen in hand. His papers scattered about the black painted mahogany desk and floor, his brownish-grey hair a mess of waves from his rough worked hands running through them. He tapped his feet that were covered by the ugly brown Ugs he wore ever so often at home, rather than the shiny black dress shoes he w0re to work.

John had decided it was time for a much-needed break, too many thoughts racked in his mind. ‘Why did she leave me? I told her I would change; I guess she didn’t give me time. She deserves much better. And Aiden, poor boy I shouldn’t have told him what I did. It wasn’t right. What have I done?’ as he poured another cup of brandy to sit in front of the fireplace he was to engulfed in his sorrow to notice his son had come home. He shuffled his way to his plush black reclining chair. That’s when he realized he needed more wood to fuel the fire. He ran a hand through his soft hair and sighed sitting his brandy on the table. He grabbed a few pieces of wood from beside the hearth and bent down to place them neatly inside the fire. It was then that Aiden took his course of action. His shadow hovered beside his father, ‘no regrets’, was his only thought. John had no time to process before Aiden stabbed him through his chest with a sharpened piece of ice.

Jaundice

Erin Pierce, 43year old business manager, and multi-millionaire
was found deceased for presumably 42 hours. He was found sitting upright but limply, in his black and blue hospital-issued wheelchair, that sat on the white-colored carpet facing his 42’ flat screen in his large grey and white colored living room. His skin along with his eyes was yellowed, and his shirt was nearly soaked in blood along with random splatters of blood that seemed to be around the house and on his cream tiled floors, his legs were swollen, he had seemed to vomit both blood and recent food, also he had defecated on himself, and mostly the blood had dried but looked as though it had been running down his smooth chin (all of which gave off a rancid smell). Erin Pierce was a man of power married twice with two children; even with this, it was not as though he was hated. Though he did have enemies due to his social standing and wealth. Most people were attracted to the power he held and good looks. He stood at 6 feet tall exactly; his head was fully layered with Brown hair that even for his age had seemed too grey over time. His face was aged, maybe with worry, but the look suited him, even with this he looked younger then what he was, his face was complemented with a pair of grayish-blue eyes. Sitting in the wheelchair made him look older than he was, he had been bedridden due to the recent stroke that paralyzed him. In the hospital, he was accompanied by his younger daughter and second wife. His eldest daughter, Helena, disliked him greatly having been disowned by the family she had a bit of resentment towards the entire family. Helena had always disliked her father, she was always close to her mother who passed once she found out her husband was sleeping with the maid, Helena’s new stepmother. Helena had begun acting out after this and Erin decided it was time to put a stop to things. Helena had been cut off from family funds, she left being disowned by the family. Though Helena and her step-sister, Kenia-a 24-year-old woman with dirty blond hair and blue eyes- had some differences they did love each other. Kenia’s mother, Alia- a 38-year-old woman with light-colored hair and big brown eyes- had willingly cheated with Erin knowing that his wife would find out. The sad part was that Erin and Alia were good friends. But Erin was a selfish man and both women were blinded by love. Alia still does hold some hatred toward Erin for ruining her friendship but tries to overpower it with her love for him. Helena had been gone for at least 10 years now being 27 years old- Helena had long blond hair like her mother and the piercing greyish eyes her father held- she had made no contact with her family but had kept track of them. Either for revenge or just because she missed them, one will never know. Kenia had often tried to contact Helena, Erin had not bothered; even though he missed his daughter he was too prideful to admit it. Kenia had frantically searched for her sister once their father had reoccurring strokes, Helena surprised them all by showing at the hospital. Helena’s appearance brought up deep buried feelings Alia had tried to suppress and made Kenia remember why she disliked her step-father ever so, for both women he had taken away a friend. Erin laid in the bed unable to move, the doctor released him from the hospital given the three women could take care of him, though they all agreed they’d hire a caretaker. Erin’s death occurred three days after his release, was this a coincidence or not? The doctor on the scene concluded Jaundice, a medical disease caused by the destruction of red blood cells that causes, in males, yellowing of the skin and blood vomiting or coughing up of blood. But the crime scene investigators suspect Erin had been murdered. A woman’s fingerprints and hair sample, lightly colored, had been found on the scene. The blood splatter was throughout the house, which meant someone had been pushing the wheelchair. A cup of water was found on the table in his room where the blood splatter started and a weekly pill case was found near it.​

Who killed Erin Pierce? Why? And how did they kill him? Was it simply a medical condition or was Erin Pierce murdered?

Evidence:

Woman’s fingerprints

Blood splatter throughout the house

Likeness to a disease

Glass of water

Weekly pill case

Yellowing of skin and eyes

Coughing up of blood

The discontent of Erin from all three women

Wheelchair movement

Swollen legs

Defecated on self

vomit

Burning Fury
Robin Leroyin, a 37-year-old brunette woman with bright green eyes, was found deceased in her home office one cold Halloween night. She was found sitting in her black desk chair, her head rested on her matching, painted, wooden desk. One could mistake that she was sleeping, were it not for the gun in her hand. At first, the police thought it was murder. Investigators filed the case as a murder, due to a lack of evidence proving it was suicide. The investigators found no bullet, and the wall behind robin when the bullet lined up with there was no blood splatter or trace of blood on the wall.

Robin was a lonely widow, she had been married once but had no children of her own. She was running for senator, a new trait for her but she wanted to make a change and was good at politics. Robin of course had enemies because of this. She had often been labeled as suicidal though she had no mental nor medical evidence of this. Her family was questioned immediately. The difficult part was trying to find out which family members had held a grudge or disliked robin. To the officers' surprise, robin was a very enjoyable person to be around. They couldn’t find any suspects or even possible suspects. As if the trial ended with the gun in her hand.

Who/what killed robin? How did robin’s death occur? Or could it have all been a prank?

Evidence:

· Lack of blood splatter

· Senator

· No bullet

· Non-suicidal record

· Families love for robin

Back