Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
(Written by @York .)

Part One: Recollection

Author's note:
This is an "afterstory" of sorts, following the events of The Sovionok Camp Incident (can be found here) this short uh, anthology I guess speaks from the various perspectives of particular characters after Sovionok was over, in a format similar to a diary I guess. I'll gradually add the perspectives of more and more characters >.< any suggestions for what I could improve on/fix, or, what character(s) I should do next. Hopefully, these sidestories will better explain the events of Sovionok and what happened afterwards, and uh, I guess they'll be considered canon, I'll edit wiki pages accordingly sooner or later (when I get off my lazy butt to do so) Any questions/feedback for this sorta thing is appreciated I guess.

Entry 1:
Yulia
1H6S5gp.png

"
6 Days after the Sovionok Camp Incident

It's been nearly a week since I took charge of the Soviok Pioneer camp... I can see why the previous... Me, chose to settle down with Bell when it was all over. At first glance, this camp looks like an easy place to run behind the scenes, the leader's okay... And the locals are troublesome sometimes, but, they don't seem to behave too differently with each new visitor. It would all be so simple to keep track of... If this camp only consisted of one establishment, with one visitor each week.

I, should start from the beginning, before this begins to get confusing. Sovionok, is not merely one camp, like most visitors are lead to believe... Instead, it is a vast nexus of multiple camps, each recieving a single visitor from across the dimensions, with the same cast of residents to humor them for a week. Usually, the visitors subconscious mind, will draw them into one such instance of the Sovionok Pioneer Camp, in their sleep, and, they'll stay a week. Their decisions they made in the camp... Can decide where they go from there, usually, the visitor returns to their home world, sometimes accompanied by a friend or two they made along the way... Or... Me, but, that's another story.

Maybe, it's better if I explain that this... Collection of camps I was charged with, did not get such a variety of visitors before the incident. I only know the information that was passed on, from the 'me' who left this place with Bell, so I don't have all the details of what happened to her after she left. However, what I know is that the camp as a whole, once existed side by side, with the world of an reclusive man, living in Russia, Semyon. It isn't clear which of his visits to the camp was the first one... But, what is clear, is that each visit, created a new camp, a new incarnation as he made different choices each time. It got to the point where various versions of the camp came to be, and consequently, many versions of Semyon came into existence. Some left the camp after staying for a week, sometimes with a resident, sometimes alone, most of the time, he was better off after his departure, but, sometimes... His choices left him with an unhappy fate.

Then... The day came, where one incarnation of him found... Me, the previous me anyways, but, before we could properly meet, when the link between my world, and his, was the strongest, something burst through, into my world. A great evil... Known as Aku. I'm still looking into how he brought himself here... He didn't talk much, he just declared himself the "ruler of all that existed here", and, began take control over many incarnations of the Sovionok Camp. At the time, I had little knowledge of the multiverse, much less, of a creature with powers that rivalled my own... And worst of all, I didn't know how to fight back, at the time.

It didn't take long for Aku to grow bored of toying with the many incarnations of Semyon, so... He did was any villain would naturally do, and destroyed the world which he came from out of frustration. Unknown to him at the time, it severed my world, from Semyons as a result... And the... Connection we once had, more on that later. What was important at the time was that most successfull incarnations of him disappeared, as they had no world to return to, while the unsuccessfull incarnations of him remained in my world, wandering through camp after camp, out of sight from the local residents. This event wasn't all bad news however, as with this world no longer tied to Semyon's world, the camp, for the first time... Was able to recieve visitors other than Semyon, from many areas of the multiverse, Aku had inintentionally found more toys to play with... And the me in charge of the camp at the time, found my solution to this problem.

As quickly as I could, I gathered together four individuals, from the Camps I was still able to travel to, and came across a sword said to be able to defeat Aku, but, this first effort failed. I found Aku was weak to divine weapons, and even magic to a point... It burned away at the dark mass that was him, and in turn, destroyed him. Though, out of my desperation, I did not realize four fighters, even with me by their side, wielding the very blade that seemed to be built for the purpose of striking him down, was simply not enough. Using his newly found power over the camps, he transported us to the ruined remains of Semyon's world, and struck us down... Capturing the four fighters that had once stood by my side, and imprisoning their very souls in the bodies of four, wandering versions of Semyon, Pioneers who were never able to make it home.

Defeated, and drained of strength... I, back then, narrowly escaped, as Aku relished in his victory, going into hiding once more, away from his prying gaze. Like the lost Pioneers, I wandered from camp to camp, without a purpose... Without hope, sadly gazing on the world that I was once charged with, and failed, to protect. It was then that I met a particular Pioneer, he was a wanderer, like the others but... Different. He says he has been trapped in this camp for months, after getting in an argument with... Me, but, something told me he had been stuck here, for much longer than that. It was almost like talking with me, was the only thing keeping him from going insane, and eventually, he even told me he was eavesdropping on Aku's plans, like I had. We made an pact, of sorts... With Aku in charge, this Pioneer knew he could never escape this place, but, if I was in charge again, he might have a second chance, to be free of the endless cycle, repeating his week at the camp over and over.

We watched, and waited for weeks after that, as Aku tormented an ever growing population of captive beings, from many universes, all of which he had taken a joy into trapping within bodies of Pioneers. This way, they were vulnerable, and subject to his every whim, or so it seemed. However, as expected, one day, Aku grew bored again... But, instead of destroying this place too, he mentioned something about a Murder game. He would gather an massive group of victims, from many different universes, and incorporate them all into a twisted event, for his own amusement... The catch was that he could not imprison that many people within the bodies of Pioneers, as each one, had once taken over Semyon's role in the camp... And, no matter how many times Aku could try, more than one Semyon, arriving at the same camp, would simply not be allowed. Even a world such as mine, where the rules of reality were simply not there, had rules of it's own, which no-one could simply change on a whim.

I, and the, "Red" Pioneer, as I began to call him, gathered together the wandering Pioneers... It was hard to get all of them to co-operate at first, but, it seemed that all of them wanted to be free, and, with Aku dominating my world... There was no hope of this happening. I knew I could not prevent them from wandering, but, I also knew I could instruct them to wander with specific parameters. With this in mind... I sought out the four Pioneers, who housed the four lost souls, of the fighters that had once stood by my side, in battle against Aku, and instructed them to wander with the rest of the pioneers, on specific days. I could not draw too much attention to their activities near the camp. One lost soul would wander near the camp each night, so that those who participated in the Murder Game would, hopefully, find them, and free them at last... Passing on their weapons, and with them, their powers, to those who participated in the game. One lost soul even managed to get into the old mines underneatg the old camp, to meet the participants of the murder game as they arrived there.

On the fifth night, I instructured the "red" pioneer to hand one of the participants that same sword that I once carried into battle... While I hurried to construct an place for those who died in the game to go, with the little power I had left. The camps were not capable of managing where multiple people would go, if they died... In fact, I wasn't entirely sure at the time, where they would end up... Using what I had to work with, I was able to construct a crude "afterlife" for those who died... So I was able to summon them back, when Aku revealed himself at last. He planned to finish off the surviving participants of the murder game... And then, destroy this place. Thankfully, with the help of the participants, I was able to defeat Aku... Though I could not destroy him for good, I was able to use the powers the four lost souls had left behind, to redirect the portal Aku tore into my world... Ironically enough, using his means of escape, to seal his fate... Trapping him in the abyss, from which one of my fighters once resided, forever... Or, I hoped so...

But, that probably still leaves alot of things unexplained... Most importantly... Who I am... Which, is a complicated matter right now. I, well, the me who had left this world with the one named Bell, was once the embodiment of Semyon's subconscious mind, as he wove an entire nexus of universes, stemming from one fatefull dream. However, when Aku came, and destroyed his world... I became seperated from him, no longer the embodiment of his subconscious mind... But, almost like a Goddess. I existed in each and every camp I had power over, quietly watching over the events that occurred. Sometimes, an incarnation of me, might return home, with an visitor of the camp... Or, in the case of Bell, an participant in the first murder game that had happened here. When that happens... Another incarnation appears to replace the one that left. In this case... It's me.

I'm still Yulia, or, at least, that's what Semyon once called me, even if I'm not the same Yulia... He had first met, nor the same Yulia that the "red" pioneer had argued with, but, all the same... I share the memories, and knowledge of each and every Yulia that has, and had once resided here, but, of course, we don't share the exact same experiences.

Right now, with a little help from Jynx, Ruby, Sophie, and a few former residents of the camp, before they departed for the worlds of those who they had formed bonds with, I'm slowly, but surely, restoring these camps, so that they may recieve visitors, and serve their intended purpose, once more. The "red" Pioneer, seems to have disappeared after the lost souls were all freed, and the task I gave him was accomplished, but, I know he still wanders the camps, though I have not seen him yet. Lena, who had been used as a vessel for Aku's evil deeds, helps me watch over the camps sometimes, but, at times, I think she hasn't completely made peace with herself since then... Especially after she-... ... I better not talk about it.

In other news, Ruby introduced me to a group she calls the "Coalition", an organization seeking to end threats to the multiverse... Which means, Aku wasn't the first, nor would he be the last. I yearn to join them someday... But it is difficult to find the time, when I have an vast series of camps to keep track of, though... Maybe, I'll consider it someday, when I'm ready to relinquish my role here. Until then, with the help of Ruby, I've made a communicator, so we can keep in touch, the day she and Sophie leave, to return to their own worlds. It's actually kind of exciting to see technology like that phone Semyon had around again! I've taken more of a liking to that stuff lately, even more than sugar actually! But... Anyways, there's not much else to say about the current state of things, really. All I can hope is, that Aku, wherever he is, will never be able to do what he did again... Though, an evil as great as that... Might find a way, somehow... Like he did before.

End of Entry

Last edited:
Part Two: Descent

Night 1, of the Sovionok Incident... Time ???

"S-Semyon? Are you there?"

"Huh? Yes, but... How do you know my-"

"I'm sorry... I... I can't stop myself..."

"What? What are you-..."

*slash!*

"But... Why...?"

A few moments later...
"I have to tell the others..."

Entry 2:
Lena
9A6Tkqo.png

18 Days Since the Sovionok Incident

I can't stand this anymore... Every night... I keep having the same dream... I keep seeing his horrified face as I-... I could not make my own body obey me... But... I can't get what I did out of my head...

Every night, over and over... It tortures me... I can't take it... I can't take it... I... Can't... Take it!

I tried everything to make it go away... But, in this camp, you can't die... Everything just... Starts all over again, it's like losing a game... Really... Except, you can't ever stop playing... Until you reach the end... Yulia tells me there is an end, but, I stopped believing it long ago...

Ever since that day... Something made me kill Semyon, it felt like something wasn't right here anymore... Like it did something to me... Not just me... This entire camp...

Even Yulia agrees that something is... Different about this place now... But, she's not sure how to fix it, or if she even can... That means... I might never get out of this place...

I need to calm down... Yulia doesn't have much time to spend, talking with me... And everyone else, but, these past few days, she has been worried, she said I sounded like... Him, the Pioneer... The one that wanders the forest, the one that helped Yulia... She worries I'll become just like him one day... Losing myself in this endless cycle...

... It's like Yulia is my voice of reason... ... Not just mine, the voice of reason for everyone in this camp... Crazy, right? She used to be just some legend, avoiding us, but... Why is she revealing herself to me? To... The rest of those lost Pioneers? It's like everyone else just can't... See her... Except her friends that is. Those strange people that were brought to this camp against their will...

I wish I could go back... I wish I could have stopped that... Thing from taking control of my body... Maybe then... I wouldn't be like this... But... That's impossible... Isn't it... Yulia told me to just... "Try again"... That I have another chance... But... Even after two weeks of waiting... My second chance never came... Semyon came and went, but... He never took me with him... Not the first week... Not the second week... And by the third... I was losing my mind...

I can never understand why... It's like... I shouldn't even exist here... As I am... Like Aku interrupted something important on that day... ... Maybe this is something Yulia herself doesn't understand... It hasn't happened before... Not like this... ... I wish there was a way to... Start over... I wish there was some way to have a... Another chance... I wish Aku didn't pick me... To become a killer... ... Thinking about how my time here could have been... If it all hadn't happened... Is the only thing keeping my mind from... Breaking apart... But... I doubt I can keep this up forever...

End of Entry

Part Three: Bad Luck

Entry 3:
The Pioneer

lX3a7fX.png

There were thousands, of us... Maybe more... In the endless number of camps that make up this place. At least, that's what the cat-eared one told me. She said that every camp, was an alternate reality, where a pioneer like myself had made decisions, and ultimately decided their own fate, when their week at the camp was over...

In some cases, a pioneer might fail... And with that failure, was doomed to start their week in the camp all over again, until they made the right choices, to lead them back to the real world, to an... Ending.

I however, was an anomaly, a... Rebel, if you will. Unlike the other pioneers, I was trapped here... Permanently, so close... Yet so far, from my own ending.

It was my last day at the camp... And I was supposed to leave with her, the cat-eared one, but... I refused. I wasn't happy. I didn't want to leave with the camp with her... Or Slavya, Lena... Ulyana... Alisa... Nor Miku... Least of all, her. There was someone else...

But I can't remember who it was...

I remember we argued... Me, and the cat-eared one, the argument lasted for hours... Until after midnight... I could only guess, since my phone had long run out of batteries in this place. It was then, that I had stopped the bus driver, and stormed out of the bus... Into the woods, angry... Tired... I couldn't think.

When my head finally cleared, I couldn't find my way back to even the road... Not that I cared, whoever I was unable to leave with, must have mattered alot to me...

The last thing I remember that day, was falling asleep near on a patch of damp moss... And then, I was back in that bus again, on a hot day, at the entrance of the camp.

My week... Was starting all over again.

The same stupid camp... The same stupid attendees, and whoever I had cared so much for... Wasn't there anymore.

At first, I tried not to drag my feet, I tried to co-operate with those at the camp... But to no avail.

None of them felt real to me.

Each time, they followed the same predictable patterns depending on the choices I made... Their reactions, as "unique" as an AI in a videogame.

I quickly began to realize that no matter how drastic my actions were, no matter how voilent I acted out, the people at the camp still tried to follow their "protocol", and everything still followed the same line of events.

I was starting to go mad...

At some points, I ended my own life... By throwing myself in the lake... By slitting my throat with a rusty machete in a shack... Running down that endless road until I got heatstroke... But no matter how many times I died... I still ended up on that same, hot bus, in front of that same camp... At the start of that same week at the camp...

In other cases... I took things a step further...

Countless times I... Indulged myself in the most twisted ways imaginable... Countless times, I killed the camp's occupants... But without fail, either when all the camp's occupants were dead, or when the week came to an end... Or when I myself... Ended my life... I couldn't escape this place, and once again... I ended up on that bus...

Countless cycles left my mind broken, as I saw no way out of this camp... My only chance squandered, and even my memory itself was failing me, slowly but surely.

It must have been hundreds upon hundreds of cycles of the same week... At the same camp, before I started seeing the cat-eared one again.

She kept telling me I could still get out... That I knew how...

She kept asking me why I gave up...

Each time, I was tempted to comply, as I still knew the course of actions I should take, to get out of this place... But each time, I'm filled with a great sense of guilt, that I'd be leaving something, or rather... Someone... Behind.

One time, I felt I almost had it. Though my acts of treachery had only grown worse at the camp... The inhabitants were reacting differently... More... Realistically. Instead of trying to carry on what they were "programmed" to do, they were angry at my near sociopathic actions... And soon enough, I found myself in the middle of a beat down, unable to strike back as punch after punch came from the Pioneers I once knew... Egged on by none other than Olga Dmitrievna.

But, something... Unexpected happened.

The sky filled with darkness, and my ears rang with a sinister laugh, unlike anything I have ever heard...

A being from the sky claimed it's dominance over this place, calling themselves "Aku".

Even with my bruises and injuries, I hauled myself towards the forest, andrenaline was the only thing keeping me going, as an impending darkness rolled after me.

... Somehow, I survived.

The forest must have been some sort of nexus between the camps, because the darkness could no longer follow me, once I had completely disappeared within.

I walked on for hours, until the cat-eared one approached me once more.

This time, she looked scared... Angry... Like me, when I had stormed off that bus that night, after arguing with her.

Something had gone wrong... Something even she couldn't have anticipated.

As she started to treat my wounds, she told me she had been trying to set things right... That she had been trying to help me... That's why things turned out differently this week at the camp.

But, whoever this "Aku" was, had somehow interrupted the process, and gained control of the camp I was once in.

Every camp he seized control of, gave him more influence over this realm, even more than the cat-eared one.

It was surprising to say the least, that a being was able to do something like this... To invade a realm like Aku had, but we both knew we had to do something.

Our first attempt was a colossal failure. While Aku had been distracted, pulling beings from other dimensions into the camps... Toying with them, Yulia set out to find a way to defeat the monstrosity, and I... Prowled the camps, looking for ideal candidates, trapped in the bodies of the Pioneers, bodies that had been designed for others, others like me... Who were destined to make their own choices throughout the camps.

The cat-eared one returned, with a strange sword.

She told me she had encountered a battered looking Samurai, who had been on death's door.

He told her of Aku's weakness to that particular sword... As well as his vulnerability to magic... And divine powers...

With that in mind... I told Yulia of four beings, who would be able to hold their own against Aku, and drive him back.

Wander; An ancient warrior, from a distant world, who wielded a magic sword... That could most certainly harm Aku.

Sif the Great Grey Wolf; It is uncertain how Aku managed to draw an oversized wolf into the camp... But, for a certainty, the sword this creature wielded was imbued with divine powers, something that would be valuable against Aku.

Sir Alonne; An Eastern warrior, from a distant land, born from flames... Wielded a mystical katana, which game him great power. Together with his skills, he would be a formidable opponent against Aku.

The Darklurker; An angelic beast, resiting in an cold, dark abyss, associated with the lands Sir Alonne had come from... It possessed a great deal of magical power, which might just be able to hold Aku at bay.

Of course, the cat-eared one, took up the sword she had brought back, and as I watched from afar... She lead a great charge.

The warriors fought hard... They fought valiantly, but Aku... Was too powerfull, and in the end, they were defeated, slowly but surely.

The cat-eared one, even with her four warriors, were no match for Aku...

With their defeat, he was able to imprison the souls of the four, fallen warriors into four different Pioneers, doomed to forever wander the camps... Like I had.

The cat-eared one was discouraged, but it didn't stop her from trying to figure out another way...

She waited... We all waited, for an opportunity to present itself, and sure enough... It did.

Aku had grown bored of toying with individual beings, trapped in individual camps, making me wonder if he had only acquired the power to breach this realm... Recently. With his boredom, sprung a peculiar concept... A murder game.

Many different beings were all brought to one camp, without the inhibitions of being stuck in the body of a Pioneer, except... They only played under Aku's rules, or so he thought.

I was tasked with roaming the camp the murder game was taking place... While the cat-eared one sought to regain control of the camps Aku was not paying attention to, as he was orchestrating a murder game, and tried to find a way to divert the souls of those who died in the game... To a place where they could find their way back to the camp the murder game was taking place in.

Naturally, I wasn't very... Kind to the few contestants, but all the same... I had my fun. Even got a cigar out of it. Perhaps the one who called herself... Jinx, was the most interesting of the bunch I met.

As the days progressed throughout the camp, each time night fell, I was able to guide one Pioneer, with the soul of a warrior Aku had trapped inside, towards the murder game contestants... And sure enough, they were freed, and the weapons, and in some cases, powers they had once wielded in battle, were carried on to a few Murder Game participants.

Eventually, the cat-eared one had regained control of enough of the other camps, to bring the Murder Game contestants right to Aku. So on the night of the 5th day, I was tasked with handing the very sword Yulia once weilded in battle, to one of the Murder Game contestants, before I disappeared into the forest again.

Thus, a final battle was fought on the 6th day, and Yulia, with the help of the powers, and weapons of the four, fallen warriors... Had been able to redirect Aku's portal he had created, in an attempt to escape this place, to lead to the abyss... Now just a vast expanse of emptiness with the absense of the darklurker, and with no exit.

It seemed that the battle was won... And after a little reconstruction work in the camp, the Murder Game participants either went home, or stayed... To help run their own camp in their own way.

And I... Was left to wander the forest once again... Lost as ever.

I began to lose track of time again... But, the cat-eared one kept telling me to wait... Telling me she will fix everything, again.

Though I'm just barely keeping a hold of my sanity... With a few visits to Jinx, in her own "camp", if you could call it that any more... It was more like a crazy city, where instead of campters... There were cops, city goers, you name it.

Perhaps the stark contrast of her own "camp", against the others I have wandered... Is the only thing keeping me from going insane with boredom.

The cat-eared one keeps telling me to wait... To be patient... That she will fix everything for me soon.

But really... How long, does she expect me to wait like this?

More importantly... How long... CAN I wait... Before I start to slip into the state I was in, while I had been previously trapped in the camp, doomed to start from the beginning of my time there, whenever it came to an end somehow.

Though I am no longer part of that loop anymore... I still yearn to be out of this place... To remember... Who it was, that I could no longer remember.

If they were important enough for me that I had abandoned my only way out of this place at the time...

Then... I must remember... Somehow...

End of Entry

Back