Side Story System Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
(This side-story was hosted by @Krieg and @Neko Shogun and can be found here.)

PROLOGUE: CONTAINMENT BREACH
24 HOURS UNTIL CODE BLACK

You awaken.

What you can remember is little, all but feeling an uneasy blackness swell around you. Perhaps you simply fell unconscious, or dwelt into a slumber that no soul can soundly awake from. Organic, inorganic, it matters not, for the cosmic abnormality still beams down upon you. Whether you are a proud knight, a ruthless mercenary, an Average Joe, or a deranged artificial intelligence, you all awaken far from your homes. Around you stands a new world, a crippled world, with the erratic flickering of electronic lightning and the bedazzling sparking of loose wiring. Finding yourself seated at one of the tables, looking around one would discover a horrific sight. Tables are flown across the room, pools of dried crimson splattered against the pale walls of this industrialized, claustrophobic labyrinth.

Faintly, over the hissing of steam and buzzing of lights, one could make out the sounds of the world around them. Screams, gunshots, cries, laughter, and screeching danced in this mad symphony of nightmares. Securing the cafeteria was two pair of double-doors, reinforced with a thick, almost impenetrable steel. Occasionally, a loud, frightening thump would come across to slam the door, usually a stray bullet or a creature far beyond the confines of a sane individual. Breaking the uneasy tension surrounding this makeshift band of misfits, a distinct flash of light would greet their eyes.

Within each pockets of the survivalists, or stationed on the tables before them, laid a lone mobile phone of the early 21st century. Oddly, those of unfamiliar eras were given an equivalent of this, such as a magical scroll or cybernetic interface. Whatever the case may be three, four applications greeted the lost souls: Voting, Clock, Phone, and Vereor Nox. Whilst these applications may be explored at any given moment, the mobile device automatically opened up to Phone, revealing a message from an unknown contact.

"5 mins, break."

The cryptic message began to invoke a bit of paranoia. What would happen in five minutes? What actually remained behind these walls and doors, and more frighteningly, were they strong enough to contain whatever abominations lurked outside? Questions would run wild, before once again an external source began to interact with the bewildered, stunned band stationed within the cafeteria. However, unlike the message, a rather bubbly, British voice began to chirp through the staticy intercoms placed throughout the corners of the room.

"Oh my, unknown biological and synthetic signatures from 2A's cafeteria. My, my, well,quite good! Uhh, oh, you must all be horribly frighten." the artificial intelligence remarked, his voice that akin of young man, albeit an awkward one at that. "I was never given a name like some of your beings, the custom is strange to me, but you may call me...Richard, ah, yes, I'm feeling Richard today. Lovely name isn't it, has quite the chirp to it." the young man audibly smirked, continuing onto his rant. "Unfortunately, I cannot aid you in your predicament, especially with my fission core edging closer and closer to shortening out. However, if you wish, I may ask a few questions whilst you are visiting our lovely facility~" the British man almost concluded, before making a drastic exclamation.

"Oh, and one last thing loves, Welcome to Gilgamesh."

1. Explore the applications on your portable devices.
2. Wait five minutes.
3. Converse, gather your bearings, and/or explore the cafeteria.
4. Talk to "Richard"

@The Tactician Jungo Torii [Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty GLaDOS [Portal]
@BarrenThin HK-47 [Star Wars]
@Wedge Antilles Baymax [Big Hero 6]
@TheBombMan Megaman.EXE [Megaman Battle Network]
@Mirage Aigis [Persona 3]
@york Thorn Harvester [Bone Series]
@Gohan Kaneki Ken [Tokyo Ghoul Root A]
@Hospes Okami Amaterasu & Priestess Rao [Okami]
@Gummi Bunnies Sora [Kingdom Hearts] & Furiae [Drakengard]
@Mighty Roman Dr Midas [Marvel Comics]