Status
Not open for further replies.

Archmage Jeremiah

You can't outrun your own reflection
View attachment 1863

With the amalgamated beast who orchestrated the Time Crisis defeated, Blaze claimed her prize - the missing Sol Emerald - and appeared content. "The Sol Emeralds once again sing in unison, and I couldn't feel more relieved," proclaimed their guardian with a long breath in and out, "But, I cannot help but notice they eluded me in this way for a reason, either. They drew me- us-" Blaze stuttered, gesturing towards Sonic, "here to help vanquish this evil. To have beckoned us to such faraway lands and alien worlds...the Sol Emeralds must have truly feared this beast,"

View attachment 1863

With the amalgamated beast who orchestrated the Time Crisis defeated, Blaze claimed her prize - the missing Sol Emerald - and appeared content. "The Sol Emeralds once again sing in unison, and I couldn't feel more relieved," proclaimed their guardian with a long breath in and out, "But, I cannot help but notice they eluded me in this way for a reason, either. They drew me- us-" Blaze stuttered, gesturing towards Sonic, "here to help vanquish this evil. To have beckoned us to such faraway lands and alien worlds...the Sol Emeralds must have truly feared this beast,"
tumblr_inline_oe58rp4lX81te53r8_100.png

"Heh, well those Sol Emeralds had nothing to fear." Sonic chimed nonchalantly. "We kicked that thing's butt, just like we always do. Don't even think I broke a sweat."

@Archmage Jeremiah

Last edited:
Blaze tilted her head down very quietly tittered. "Just like we always do," she repeated with smiling eyes. "The Emeralds trust you, you know; as much as they trust me. You-" Blaze abruptly paused, and looked to the Sol Emeralds as they danced all around her.

View attachment 1865

"Hold on...they're trying to tell us something," she murmured, sounding concerned. Her amber eyes glazed over in deep concentration while the Sol Emeralds hummed a discordant tune, until Blaze had her eureka moment.

View attachment 1866

"The storm...!" Blaze gasped, and immediately she stowed away the Sol Emeralds as her hands were engulfed in prismatic fire. "The storm; it was Eggman's doing! We need to get back to the Sol Dimension now!" barked the guardian while the Sol Emerald's energy surrounded her and Sonic.

Blaze tilted her head down very quietly tittered. "Just like we always do," she repeated with smiling eyes. "The Emeralds trust you, you know; as much as they trust me. You-" Blaze abruptly paused, and looked to the Sol Emeralds as they danced all around her.

View attachment 1865

"Hold on...they're trying to tell us something," she murmured, sounding concerned. Her amber eyes glazed over in deep concentration while the Sol Emeralds hummed a discordant tune, until Blaze had her eureka moment.

View attachment 1866

"The storm...!" Blaze gasped, and immediately she stowed away the Sol Emeralds as her hands were engulfed in prismatic fire. "The storm; it was Eggman's doing! We need to get back to the Sol Dimension now!" barked the guardian while the Sol Emerald's energy surrounded her and Sonic.
"Oh!" Sonic exclaimed as Blaze reminded him of his long-time foe. After all the mess the he, Blaze, and everyone else had been through, Sonic had completely forgotten about the round-shaped doctor. Though, his surprise would quickly form into a smirk as the anthropomorphic hedgehog turned to Blaze and smacked his fist against his palm.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Eggman isn't gonna scramble himself!" Sonic exclaimed.

@Archmage Jeremiah

View attachment 1868

"Be ready for anything!" Blaze braced herself, and after a few rhythmic motions of her hands, the Sol Emeralds spirited her and Sonic away to Blaze's home dimension in a flash.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blinking her eyes open on the other side, Blaze had very little time to gain her bearings before her senses were assaulted by the crack of thunder, and a thousand drops of rain whipped into a frenzy by the violent wind. Turning to look out past the shore of Southern Island, Blaze was met with several hurricanes raging on in the distance, volcanoes springing up where previously there were none, and a horrifying visage just over the horizon, shimmering in and out of sight.
"Sonic..." Blaze growled,

View attachment 1869

"We need to find Eggman. Now."

View attachment 1868

"Be ready for anything!" Blaze braced herself, and after a few rhythmic motions of her hands, the Sol Emeralds spirited her and Sonic away to Blaze's home dimension in a flash.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blinking her eyes open on the other side, Blaze had very little time to gain her bearings before her senses were assaulted by the crack of thunder, and a thousand drops of rain whipped into a frenzy by the violent wind. Turning to look out past the shore of Southern Island, Blaze was met with several hurricanes raging on in the distance, volcanoes springing up where previously there were none, and a horrifying visage just over the horizon, shimmering in and out of sight.
"Sonic..." Blaze growled,

View attachment 1869

"We need to find Eggman. Now."
"Right ahead of ya!" Sonic exclaimed with a determined look as he began to run toward the Egg shaped building in the background.

@Archmage Jeremiah

View attachment 2131

Blaze's eyes snapped onto the hedgehog as he prepared to make a dash towards the distinctly ovaline structure suspended in the horizon above, and with a gasp reached out to stop Sonic by the shoulder. "Sonic, wait!" she shouted in warning, pulling the antsy hero back just as his sneakers began to splash about in the rough waves washing up on the beaches of Blaze's island. "Have you forgotten my dimension is little more than a vast expanse of saltwater? You were drowning in it not a day ago!" she snapped at Sonic and tugged him closer, away from the rising tides. At the corner of her eye, though, she spotted something more worthy of the concern she was showing. A handful of steel ships with jolly rogers raised, and cannons trained on the island. Her grip on Sonic loosened at the sight as she took a step back into a more defensive stance, anticipating their fire.

"And it looks like Eggman was waiting for us,"

View attachment 2131

Blaze's eyes snapped onto the hedgehog as he prepared to make a dash towards the distinctly ovaline structure suspended in the horizon above, and with a gasp reached out to stop Sonic by the shoulder. "Sonic, wait!" she shouted in warning, pulling the antsy hero back just as his sneakers began to splash about in the rough waves washing up on the beaches of Blaze's island. "Have you forgotten my dimension is little more than a vast expanse of saltwater? You were drowning in it not a day ago!" she snapped at Sonic and tugged him closer, away from the rising tides. At the corner of her eye, though, she spotted something more worthy of the concern she was showing. A handful of steel ships with jolly rogers raised, and cannons trained on the island. Her grip on Sonic loosened at the sight as she took a step back into a more defensive stance, anticipating their fire.

"And it looks like Eggman was waiting for us,"
As Blaze's grip came placed upon Sonic's shoulder, he would have still been running, not realizing that he wasn't getting anywhere for a few short moments. However, he eventually ceased his sprinting and turned right around to face Blaze, seeming to take her statement into account for a moment.

tumblr_oxo0rpWBwi1qirgu6o5_250.png

"Heh, right. Almost got a bit too ahead of myself there." Sonic replied as he wiped the bottom of his nose, though his attention was quickly grabbed by the fleet of ships which now seemed to surround the duo.

tumblr_osndcmPNXO1tm5eijo5_250.jpg

"Looks like we've found our ride!" Sonic exclaimed confidently as he also got into a ready stance of his own.

@Archmage Jeremiah

Muscles tense and mind ready, Blaze stood in wait for the pirates' assault. Her tail began to twitch in cold excitement as the silence began to stagnate, and pangs of worry deepened her frown.

View attachment 2552

"They have the island surrounded, yet they aren't firing. Surely they notice us!"
Blaze exclaimed her confusion. Her concentration lapsing, the island's dutiful guardian looked left and right across the beachfront. Nothing but the expected driftwood and sea life abandoned by the stormy tides littered the shimmering sands. "And the island is in pristine condition...except-" Narrowing her focus down, Blaze's discerning eye caught an important detail - footprints, heavy and many in number, trailed all the way up the beach and towards Marine's hut, and past the hut towards the island's inactive volcano.

View attachment 2553

"Sonic, the Jeweled Scepter! The pirates are on the island; they must have gotten to it!" Blaze shouted in distress. Confirmation of her suspicion was quick to arrive in the sound of a sputtering engine high above in the sky; an Eggmobile slowly floating off the island towards the Death Egg over the horizon, looking like it could burst at the seams any moment. "Eggman," Blaze snarled, her tone steeped in disdain as she spoke the name, "he's escaping!" she shouted; her fists balled up tight and her teeth clenched, "We need to stop him, but he's far too high! How are we to reach him?" Blaze thought aloud.

@Raptor Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back