Tattoos!

inkdragon

Understandably Confused
Because I'm bored and I'm getting my first in about a month. I've done all my research on my artist and I've got a design I love and I'm super excited. I'm getting two butterflies in the style of this kids' book, Hope For The Flowers. My Pop-Pop used to read it to me all the time and it helped me through a really rough spot, so I decided to get the tattoo in his memory and to celebrate two years sober. I've been sitting on this one for a while, haha, cause the first time I messed up anout a year in and I had promised myself not to get it until two years.

I want more in the future, though- my three siblings and I are going to get each get a symbol of one of the four elements, and I want to get something to cover up some scars on my thigh someday, too.

So tell me about your tattoos, either ones you already have or ones you're planning on getting!

I have three. My first was a little celtic symbol https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e3/15/5e/e3155e6f2325e6485a0e0b64fdb7fff4.png it stands for personal growth, spiritual expansion, and human development.

My second and third I got at the same time. I have a little jigsaw puzzle piece (because I love doing puzzles, that's it) and the other is a semi-colon on my wrist. I'm not sure if you're familiar but it's been a popular movement as representation for depression and suicide (because you use a semicolon when your sentence could have ended, but it didn't, is the idea).

They're all very small. When I graduate law school I plan on getting the scales of justice, I'm just not sure where. My wife and I want to get a tattoo of Stitch together that says "Ohana" since we both love that movie.

I'm familiar with the semicolon project, yeah. I love seeing those tattoos, I like seeing where people have survived tough stuff. I've been there, myself, so while I won't claim to have been there, I've been somewhere similar.

And the Stitch idea is super cute! I love that movie. My girlfriend and I actually consider it our movie, cause I kissed her for the first time while we had it on. (Maybe it's a lesbian thing? Lmao.)

It must be. XD

Our first kiss was actually during Moulin Rouge. I love the sibling idea, lol. I would consider it but my sister is 5 :p

I had to look up Hope For The Flowers because I've never heard of it before but those butterflies are beautiful and are going to make a wonderful tattoo! Also, you must be getting it really soon so congrats!

It's been just over two months since I got my first and I still catch myself staring at it because of how much I love it. It covers about 3/4ths of the inside of my right forearm and is a black and white pair of old Singer sewing shears, based off of the pair that I inherited from my Nana. She's not 100% the reason that I got the tattoo but without her influence (She taught me how to knit and stuff), I never would have gotten the idea in the first place.
Another few that I plan to get are flowers in the style of old botanical illustrations in a sort of loose partial sleeve on my left arm. Though that wouldn't be covering up scars it would be going over several so when I went for my first tattoo I asked a bunch of questions in regard to that. I'm sure you've looked it all up already but the older the scars are when you get the tattoo done the better because scar tissue can be finicky y'know.

13 tats, so far, planing on geting 1 more, at a strategic location ;) : I'l probly stop there, since my body is alredy pretty over-saturated vith them. Not realy to the extent some "rebel" types go to, but enogh for my taste.

Stylized Valkyrie on my chest, Black Widow left-neck, Thorn Rose runing down the length of my back, Rose-entagled Dagger on my abs, Poison ivy on my belly, two Armbands 1 each bicep (diferent pattern each), SS Totenkopf simbol left bicep above the armband, Ustashe simbol above right armband, Dragon on my right thigh, Skull with Roses on my left one, two identical Chains around my ankles, and a Yin/Yang simbol on my left calf.

Just keep in mind if you get a tat, they need to be taken care of, and renewed at least once a year. I'm sure the ppl at the parlor wil give you all the tips you need, but just a head-up. And pick a clean, profesional parlor, last thing you need is to pick up some kind of skin-infektion from lack of hygiene in there. Go thru a few, then a few more, get a feel for them and the ppl who work there, then make up your mind. And betwen price and quality of service, chooze the latter.

I have six tats.

The first tat I got is an ankh. I got that because that's my favorite ancient Egyptian symbol. My second tat is of Jack Skellington because I'm a big fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas. My third tat is the zodiac sign for Leo because I'm a Leo. My fourth tat is the Cheshire Cat's smile with 'We're All Mad Here' above it. He's my favorite Alice in Wonderland character. My fifth tat is one that I designed myself. It's a tribal lion head. It says Leo underneath. Just to show off my Leo pride. And my sixth rcent tat is in honor of my dad who passed away last November. It's of the guitar that he played a lot.

Future tats I want:
Another Cheshire Cat with the quote 'You may of noticed I'm not all there myself.'

I've got one on my left shoulder. Its a celtic symbol within a flaming sun. The reason I went for it was because it was so unique, I think orange and yellow are great colours for tattoo's but you so rarely see them.

I'm planning on a tattoo in the shape of a flower; mostly roses and orchids. I want them on my shoulder and just above my chest. They mean that even thou i've been at lows i've turned into something worth showing off. Heh...

I too have a semicolon on my left wrist. On my right wrist, I have an ampersand. Both are in times new roman font, (my absolute favorite font. it's so simplistic and beautiful.) I think the butterflies are a wonderful idea with such a solid meaning behind it.

Got my first tattoo in Vegas in March. It's a stylized black cat with a heart. I don't know if I'll get another one, but I love it, and my students think I'm cool. Haha

Back