The Bad Ending

TheGreenerGrey

Self-proclaimed everything expert.
The year is 2256 and the end of the world has come and gone. Villains, once held in check by their more heroic counterparts, rule this ruined and damaged world. The age of heroes is long gone, but their dying breath has allowed the majority of humanity to sequester themselves away in heavily fortified super complexes. These bunkers, hidden deep beneath the earth are guarded by superior technology, designed for the killing of supers, keeps them safe and out of harms way.

The same cannot be said for out side of these bunkers. In the open world, the descendants of the villains that did this to the world squabble and argue, leading armies of enslaved (via a variety of means) humans into battle, throwing lives aside in the name of a single city block.

You are residents of a bunker, having lived there all your life in relative peace.

Until now.

A miasma has long since surrounded the land under which your bunker is placed, but the oxygen scrubbers in place have managed to keep them out. However it has not lasted. The scrubbers have been working continuously for nearly two centuries, and many are beginning to break down. Entire wings are shut down as residents are killed by this miasma, or worse mutate. The Miasma is seemingly designed to activate dormant super genes within the body of the affected, and those affected by it often find their bodies and minds overtaken by the raw power that comes with the mutations.

You have been selected for a mission. You are to make your way into a nearby city ruled by, from reports almost two centuries old, a powerful villain. The old nemesis of The Joyrider, a tech based hero. It is this technology you're after. Reports indicate that, when things made a turn for the worse, The Joyrider was working on his own vastly superior survival technology. Unfortunately he, and the rest of the United, perished all those years ago...

But his legacy lives on in his technology and you, the strong, smart, fast or just disliked person that you are, have been tasked with retrieving it. Armed with the few weapons from a long gone age, you are to set out into the big wide world, for the sake of thousands.

–––––

Welcome to The Bad Ending! There isn't much for me to tell you at this point, as the situation is described in the story above. If you have questions however, I will happily answer them. Helps me flesh out the world a little, you know?

Now, if you're interested please tell me and fill out the char sheet below, so you can get started with dying horribly saving your people!

Name:

Occupation: (What your job within the bunker was. This will relate to if you are strong, smart, charming e.g. Strength/Combat: Peacekeeper (Soldier/Police etc), Intelligence: Engineer, Charm: Politician (Yes they still exist) Speed/Dexterity: Theif or 'Runner' (people who run into the Miasma affected wings to retrive things.) As long as it seems like it would fit, anything works)

Mutation: (If you were affected by the Miasma and retained your intelligence, you would have a minor mutation. WARNING: You will be traumatised, mostly because everyone you had ever known and loved will be dead.)

Appearance: (Try and refrain from Anime.)

Personality:

Equipment: (You all start with a hand held gas mask capable of permanently keeping you safe from the Miasma (not needed for mutants), body armour and a weapon of your choice. The weapons available are no different from Today's, simple more powerful)

Backstory: (Your past, how you got picked, etc.)

[I made a chatroom on the site if ya wanna join.]

Last edited:
Name: Anthony Daughrty

Mutation: Has a patch of black scales that cover his left upper arm. Another patch is on his back while two more patches adorn the front of his thighs. A long, serpentine tail juts out from his bottom, though it is typically wrapped around his left leg. Surprisingly, the mutations only add to his attractiveness, giving Anthony an exotic appearance.

Appearance:

noragami_yukine_by_felicemelancholie-d79s6b2.png

proxy.php

Heterochromia_Iridis.jpg

Personality: Everyone hates the guy. He's good at his job and what he does. He's smart, kind, compassionate. However, he comes across as a total jackass that thinks he is better than everybody else. People also tend to call him "demon" for his different colored eyes, having tied the condition with the mutations.

Equipment:

b0b9cdfc575d713cc34d8027f32dc0aa--scifi-body-armor.jpg

Weapons:

1a088bd5fa8a1663fe204602ef634714.jpg

latest

Backstory: Simply put: Anthony had been training to become a mechanic when his wing of the Bunker got overrun with miasma. Having been the only one to get out alive, Anthony suffered a mutation from it. Ostracized by society, he decided to become a Runner, now being immune to the Miasma and all. Eventually, he got picked because nobody liked the guy.

Poor Anthony.

Anthony had crawled out fro the wreckage of his lost home. His neighbor had been some sort of sword nut, which, surprisingly came in VERY handy. Mainly because Anthony's entire family turned into bloodthirsty monsters that tried to eat his face. His neighbor also tried to eat his face, but got a sword to the gut instead. Talk about a stomach ache!

This sword stayed with Anthony all the way back to the bunker. Sadly, the young man lost his right arm in the ordeal, his little sister having eaten it as a snack. In return, like the loving older brother that he was, Anthony gave her a sword point to the eye.

After escaping, Anthony passed out, however, when he woke up, he found he had scales and an epic tail. Talk about sexy! Though his newfound sexiness ended up getting him ostracized by society.

Luckily for him, the doctor that was treating him had seen many cases like his. Getting Anthony to a friend of his, the doctor got him a new, bloody awesome, right arm.

Looking at himself in a mirror, there was, without a doubt, the thoughts of a self-conceited young man going through his head.

However, that was not the case. Anthony hated his life now. He could no longer pursue his dream of becoming a top-notch mechanic. As such, he was forced into doing Runner jobs, which often got him into a lot of trouble with some not-so-friendly mutants. He may or may not have filched the gun from an abandoned guard post in one of the abandoned sectors...

Anyways, as to why he was chosen: Nobody like the fucker. Well, he was a nice enough guy when you get to know him. However, you had to get to know him, and that took a VERY long time. In the meantime, you would be stuck with a complete jackass that would just as soon behead you as buy you a drink. Joy!

There you go, Anthony's long and BORIIING backstory!!!

Last edited:
Name: Reggie Tiller
Occupation: Speech writer and political analyst/Journalist under a different pen name
Mutation: No thank you
Appearance:
4deeeea580dc2f5ac00d6388ce133948--man-crush-chicago-tribune.jpg

Personality: Reggie is a very nervous individual. He has a stammer and is easily scared by just about everything. Despite this he is extremely clever and writes the best speeches and articles, but he writes what he's told. Very weak willed, he writes scathing and informative articles for anyone who tells him to. He keeps to himself and doesn’t like new people. His quiet, shy nature let him fade right into the wallpaper and report on all sorts of things he shouldn't. He writes revolutionary speeches but lord knows he'll never say any of them.
Equipment: Gas mask, about fifty different kinds of pens and pencils, electronic and otherwise, paper, electronic scribble pads, glasses and a respirator. Every kind of defensive thing he could think of taking.
Weapon: Pen and his scathing political reviews? When he heard he was being sent away he took some basic lessons in self defence and bought a whole heap of general sort of aoe weapons. He has a pistol one of his bosses gave him and he knows vaguely how to use it past point and shoot but he's going to figure a lot of this out as he goes. Also, he nailed all of his classes and is very clever, so can probably figure out/reroute a lot of tech based weapons. I want him to figure this out as he goes-some good development for the rp
Backstory: Reggie was raised by an uncle in his huge family and passed on to higher education as soon as possible-essentially boarding school that he never really came home from. He always got top grades and hid from other people. He went straight from school into a political internship where his talent and weak will was immediately recognised and he has spent his political career attached to various politicians writing killer speeches and providing awesome political strategies. He's being sent because he keeps writing articles for people which has put him in the middle of a bunch of political parties. He's being sent out of the place before he breaks the government, but according to the world at large, he's being sent as a representative of the current government.

Last edited:
Name: Reggie Tiller
Occupation: Speech writer and political analyst/Journalist under a different pen name
Mutation: No thank you
Appearance:
4deeeea580dc2f5ac00d6388ce133948--man-crush-chicago-tribune.jpg

Personality: Reggie is a very nervous individual. He has a stammer and is easily scared by just about everything. Despite this he is extremely clever and writes the best speeches and articles, but he writes what he's told. Very weak willed, he writes scathing and informative articles for anyone who tells him to. He keeps to himself and doesn’t like new people. His quiet, shy nature let him fade right into the wallpaper and report on all sorts of things he shouldn't. He writes revolutionary speeches but lord knows he'll never say any of them.
Equipment: Gas mask, about fifty different kinds of pens and pencils, electronic and otherwise, paper, electronic scribble pads, glasses and a respirator.
Weapon: Pen and his scathing political reviews?
Backstory: Reggie was raised by an uncle in his huge family and passed on to higher education as soon as possible-essentially boarding school that he never really came home from. He always got top grades and hid from other people. He went straight from school into a political internship where his talent and weak will was immediately recognised and he has spent his political career attached to various politicians writing killer speeches and providing awesome political strategies. He's being sent because he keeps writing articles for people which has put him in the middle of a bunch of political parties. He's being sent out of the place before he breaks the government, but according to the world at large, he's being sent as a representative of the current government.

Well I haven't got a problem with it but you sure you want to send him in with no armour and a bunch of pens against a very real threat capable of blowing him from the face of the world?

I mean that is more fun but alright I'll give him defence mechanisms. Edited!

I mean that is more fun but alright I'll give him defence mechanisms. Edited!
Might need a bit more than 'Every kind of defensive thing he could think of taking' and I'll need examples of these 'Aoe weapons', such as what? Grenades? EMPs?

Ok I didn't realise this was so fighting and action focused, so I might just tap out. If that's what you're going for you might wanna edit and say you're looking for more combat oriented characters, cause at the moment it looks more like you're looking for teams with complementing skills, and that people with actual knowledge of weaponry are a single group within that-soldiers or peacekeepers. I mean, how would a cleber politician know anything about weaponry, let alone how to use it? My character won't be much use in fights, and if it comes to that, that he will just be hiding in a corner occasionally blasting off an emp or something. I was assuming that actual fights wouldn't be the main thing in this, cause you included more thinkers than fighters, soz. Obvs though if you just want soldiers and smashing things then my char isn't super suited XD I will leave this one to the fight rp crew haha

Ok I didn't realise this was so fighting and action focused, so I might just tap out. If that's what you're going for you might wanna edit and say you're looking for more combat oriented characters, cause at the moment it looks more like you're looking for teams with complementing skills, and that people with actual knowledge of weaponry are a single group within that-soldiers or peacekeepers. I mean, how would a cleber politician know anything about weaponry, let alone how to use it? My character won't be much use in fights, and if it comes to that, that he will just be hiding in a corner occasionally blasting off an emp or something. I was assuming that actual fights wouldn't be the main thing in this, cause you included more thinkers than fighters, soz. Obvs though if you just want soldiers and smashing things then my char isn't super suited XD I will leave this one to the fight rp crew haha
That's not what I'm saying. Your char is perfectly fine, and to be honest a smart/talkative char is a great asset (and one i fully expected not to have). I just want to know what he actually has, you know? And you don't need to give him any sort of weaponry. It was just reccomended considering what you would be going into.

Name: April Summers

Politician

Mutation:
N/A

Appearance:
Too thin and flat as a board. Five feet and four inches, her brown hair falls just past her shoulders in loose waves. Small brown eyes, a slight upturn of the nose, and a charming smile are her defining characteristics.

Personality:
April's most redeeming qualities are her charm and ability to think several steps ahead of everyone else, all necessary in planning and running for office. She's sociable, and at the very least she appears to be kind and caring. Perhaps she's manipulative and sneaky, but it's hard to tell!

Equipment:
Gas mask, body armor, and a 9mm handgun.

Backstory:
There was an upset about politicians not doing enough to fix the scrubbers and when the plan was suggested to send a group out to seek something that could help the community wanted to know why none of them were going. April drew the short straw, but she was on the list to draw straws because of her ability to think ahead and imagine scenarios that other's might overlook.

Also she has no family (except for her not-so-secret girlfriend), so there would be less people to miss her if something terrible and tragic ever happened.

Previous history before going on this trip, April has been slowly climbing the political ladder over the years. If she survives this, she has the potential to go up another couple of rungs in a bit of a jump than the traditional climb. Currently she is acting Mayor of SOWISA, formerly Bunker 9.

is there a player limit to this?

also, can mutations be just about anything (as long as its not overpowered?)

I wanna be..............................slime man.

Last edited:
is there a player limit to this?

also, can mutations be just about anything (as long as its not overpowered?)

I wanna be..............................slime man.
Gonna keep it to roughly five ish players, give or take two depending on if interest in this increases.

As for mutations, as long as it's not supernatural then anything fits. A slime man would work, as long as you also accounted for the cons of not being entirely solid.

Gonna keep it to roughly five ish players, give or take two depending on if interest in this increases.

As for mutations, as long as it's not supernatural then anything fits. A slime man would work, as long as you also accounted for the cons of not being entirely solid.

nah by slimeman I mean man that produces slime. just. a very physically slimy dude.

Name: Simon Miller

Mutation: Perpetual secretion of a thick slimey substance from his sweat glands, forming a slime layer over his skin. This substance appears to have antibacterial and noninflammatory properties. It also happens to be real gross. Dead skin and hair tends to get trapped and accumulated in his slime layer though. He is able to slough off parts the slime layer along with all that dead tissue (he does this every night as part of his exfoliation routine)

Appearance: It would be understandable to mistake the thick grey-ish layer of slime and dead skin for Simon's actual skin. However, underneath the viscous membrane is a man of average height and build. Because of his slimey situation, Simon tries to keep his hair as short, trimming it when he can because even he doesn't want gross matted hair. Because of his nearsightedness, Simon wears a pair of rectangular framed spectacles.

That shit does wonders for his skin. Under that gross slimey exterior is skin so smooth it makes babies feel like sandpaper.

Personality: An easygoing man who's a bit of a hero fanboy. But more than the heroes, he's more into the ideal of heroics and justice. He used to be a lot more upbeat before his miasma-induced mutation. Now he tends to lapse into prolonged moments of sluggish silence. The forgetfulness though, isn't an effect of his mutation. He had always been like that. On the bright side, he'd always been the type to easily adapt to different situations and even if he can't make do with what he has, he will try.

Equipment: Body armour, 9 mm pistol, toolbox

Backstory: When Simon was but a young boy he dreamed of being a hero like he'd seen in the media and heard of in stories. Unfortunately, he had been a frail child. His parents doted on him to an almost excessive. The only thing the boy had going for his resourcefulness. He was decently smart too. And with a willingness to help around the bunkers one way or another, he ended up becoming an engineer.

Now things had been relatively peaceful, almost mundane. And then it all changed when the scrubbers started malfunctioning. The incident killed what remained of Simon's family (and a good number of his friends), some of them were fortunate enough to die from the miasma itself. The less fortunate died from their own mutations - slowly and gradually. Ever since then, Simon had had this nagging fear that this was how he would go too. He tries not to think of it though.

He was picked mostly for his willingness to cooperate and his adaptability to new situations. Resistance to miasma and most illnesses (thanks to his slime coat) just raises his chances of survival, a desirable trait to have in a person you're sending out to retrieve something. Simon was more than alright with this anyways. He'd rather die trying to do something for the community rather than waste away by himself.

Back