Akashic Arcana The Battle for Tea Time (Tea Club Application RP)

Craig Leo

The Betrayer of Hope and Devourer of Donuts
Since the beginning of creation, way before time and space were even concepts, there existed one single point of conflict. The conflict was eternal, spanning across galaxies and multiverses alike. It brought darkness to the light, buried itself into the very heart of humanity and has led to some of the worst temper tantrums known to man.

Today, everything was coming to a head. The final fate of humanity rested upon the shoulders of one girl: Viola Facett. Her mission? To create a tea club.

Her first quest involved a few hours spent in front of a mirror determining the best look that she could bring to her battle. Most of that time had been spent tending to her hair, ensuring that each stand was both vibrant and perfectly in place. Her shirt was a light shade of blue, buttoned up just high enough to offer just a moderate bit of skin. Her light brown skirt was sleek and clung to the one thing that Viola really had going for her: her hips.

Holding her club application form tightly in her hands, Viola stared down the door leading to the Student Council President's Office, knowing that her destiny was in front of her.

With a deep breath, she walked up to the door and gave it a few solid knocks. She was going to make this Tea Club a reality.

Last edited:
By her side was Masego. Clearly looking uncomfortable in black slacks, dress shoes, and the one good shirt he had. It was a white button up which was only slightly tight around him accentuating his musculature, one of his finest features. The shirt also accentuated his dark skin, making his entire appearance pop. He hated the way it felt, but Viola had insisted that he look professional, so he did the best he could, even slicked his Mohawk down to be less distracting.

His left arm was unfortunately still in a cast, he was scheduled to have it removed the next day, but he looked good nonetheless. He couldn't help stealing a glance at Viola every now and again. He thought the girl looked stunning, yet refrained from saying anything. He was always an awkward flirt and didn't want to put his foot in his mouth today.

Still, being with Viola was a welcome distraction from the members of his B class. If their reactions were anything to go by, he was grateful that Xena gave him enough points to keep him out of C. The students were scared of his power, and expressed it through ridicule and avoidance. It was the first time he'd truly felt isolated, it didn't help that Viola and Arty were able to join Class A, which limited the amount of time he could spend with them. He was grateful whenever the opportunity arose though.

As Viola knocked on the door to the SCP's room, Mago shot her a reassuring glance. "Relax, with our combined passion, this club is as good as started already." He said with a smile.

As Viola knocked a couple of times on the door, it eventually gave in and opened up. Hinting that there was an automatic feature to it. Inside within the council room was Viktoriya. The Student Council President's office was ancient looking, compared to the usual modern interior. Clean mahogany furniture and desk. Vikki loved the aesthetic decor, instead of all the modern, clean, and sterile appearances of the former President's office. Viktoriya sat comfortably behind her office desk, with all her work right in front of her. As Viola and Masego were welcomed inside, Vikki swept her hand across the mahogany desk, which suddenly lighted up from under the wood. A blue holographic interface with keyboards and a screen revealed itself. As she tapped on the keys, she felt the surge of harmless electrons that was giving off the illusion of tapping on a physical keyboard.

"Viola Facett, Masego Zulu." She spoke in a professional tone before each of their personal files showed up on smaller windows in-front of Viktoriya, she smiled lightly as she gazed at the holographic images. "Of-course... I doubt I even needed to look you up in the system since I was the one who oversaw your entrance exam together with Xena." She gestured towards two comfortable chairs in front of her desk.

"What I can do for the two of you?" She smiled towards Viola and Masego. The President looked a lot better now than last time. She was a real beauty with regal characteristics. Her face is angular with noble definitions, such as well-defined, high cheekbones and bright silver eyes. Her nose shape is of aquiline texture, accompanied by a sharp narrow mouth and a pair of natural rosa alluring lips. Her hair is raven-black and long with a length that almost reaches her tailbone. Today she wore a black suit and bow tie. The shirt underneath was Victorian styled with fluffy filigrees at the sleeves gave off a whole new look to her. Her hair was put up in a detailed bun as well.

Viktoriya's office was inspiring to Viola for many reasons: it was neat, it gave off a very professional and down to earth vibe and it reminded her a lot of her childhood. The early years of her childhood, spending time with her father at the military bases. The organized chaos, the sheer show of authority while not being too gaudy about the decoration choices.

The general atmosphere put her at ease. It felt like an office that someone could work out of, that many people spent time in. It didn't matter to her that most of that time, the place would probably be occupied by frightened students, too caught up on the sheer power of the Student Council President to be fully in control of their own fear. Viola though, had friend by her side and she couldn't have been anymore confident.

Taking a seat across from Viktoriya, Viola gave her best attempt at sitting properly: back straight, shoulders help firm. She kept her gaze on Viktoriya's face, even though the rest of her was so well put together.

"First," Viola started off, motioning to Viktoriya with a free hand. "I've got to know where you buy your clothes at. That outfit is amazing." Yes, yes it was. She continued without waiting for an answer. "And, more importantly, we're here to apply for a club."

Masego also took a seat opposite Viktoriya, giving a kind if nervous smile. He still wasn't exactly sure where he stood with the woman after nearly killing them both. Indicating towards the application form Viola had, he began speaking. "Yes, we were thinking of creating a sort of 'tea time' club. A place where students could gather, sample all sorts of exotic teas from around the world and take a breather from the many stressors that Arcadia Academy is sure to bring." His thick South African accent was making it hard to sound professional, but he was doing his best.

Mago didn't take time to look around the office, but rather take in the smell of the atmosphere. Mahogany and fresh leather blending together with fresh incense to give the place a presentable, yet homely feel. The seats they sat in were designed to make any who sat in them feel welcome, regardless of the subject they were there for. Viktoriya certainly knew how to greet her guests.

Vikki couldn't help but express a warm smile at Viola when she was complimented. "I can show it to you someday, it is a really charming shop in the Commercial district." When Viola then mentioned something about a club, Viktoriya only nodded and swiftly opened a holographic interface, which was a formula one had to fill out to make a club. "Well, then you came to the right place. After all, Arcadia offers a generous amount of support for clubs to thrive."

She then turned to Masego and nodded a couple of times, but when he mentioned the purpose was to be a tea club meant for de-stressing, Vikki couldn't help but express a gentle sigh. "I am afraid a tea club doesn't quite meet the criteria for a club. Arcadia itself already offers a myriad of options to relax. We have all from a spa to a resort in the mountains. That and a bunch of other activities as well. Even the Japanese teahouses perform the functions of your club."

But, she did, however, feel a little sorry for them. "But... if the student body believes such a club is required... You'll need to create a petition and gather a total of 6 signatures. But due to the nature of your club, you will not receive academic merits."

Not receiving Academic Merits is a huge problem. As most clubs give you some kind of merit to improve your grades, thus making people more invested. But without the extra merits, not many students will be interested.

(Eg., NPC characters won't be interested, get the player characters to sign ;)!)

Viola felt each word come crashing down onto her shoulders, each carrying the weight of a ton of bricks. Though she had only been excited about the concept of a tea club ever since she drank the milk tea on the train to the school, she felt as if she'd been building up this club in her mind for such a long time. Now, the struggle before her was going to be tough.

"Hm." Viola thought, chewing on the bottom of her lip without realizing it, wishing she had a piece of paper to start scribbling out random shapes.

"So, what you're saying is, since it would be a club just about tea it wouldn't come with academic purposes because it's not fulfilling any important requirements." She paused, letting that sink in. "Is there a way to give this club more meaning then? Something to make it important to our academics? What is required to get the merits?"

Viola also mentally noted that she would have to go to commercial distract that Viktoriya had mentioned. Right after she dealt with the club.

Mago could feel the disappointment building, both in himself and in Viola. With no Academic Merits, this club had no real incentive for existing, furthermore, the more Mago thought about it, the more the club seemed rather redundant. He knew Arcadia was quite the academy, but he underestimated how vast the commercial district truly was and just how many cultures were represented. It felt like a lost cause.

Then inspiration struck him, and both women could actually see his entire face brighten. "What if we turned it into a more intellectual tea club? Learning the specifics on making each tea, the cultural ceremonies surrounding them, and why they're important? We could take frequent club trips to various Tea shops around town and get immersed in their culture. Do you think that would prove useful enough to our grades to warrant academic merits?" He asked, his entire body brimming with hope.

"Well, to warrant academic merits, you need to consider in which way can this improve your curriculum? Sports club like the Kenjutsu Club improves students' physical evaluation and martial exam, while academical clubs like a book association or even music stimulates the mind."

She then looked at the two of them with a heavy sigh. "A tea club doesn't seem to offer any of the kind. Even though the level of conversation might help, there already other facilities on the Academy that yields the same.

Viktoriya smiled towards Masego at his valiant efforts, but alas. "I see what you are trying to do, Mr. Zulu. But if you want to learn this much about Tea, I do not think Arcadia Academy was the right place for you all. We are learning to become better mages. Whether it is for military application or civil. Creating tea does not require magic at all. My apologies, but calling it a tea club is not something I will allow."

Viola could appreciate Masego's attempt at turning the tea club into an educational one, based off the cultural aspects of tea. It was a good attempt, but as she suspected, it failed as well. Viktoriya was a strong fighter indeed, all of their attempts and they only really had a small ray of hope. Getting 6 people to sign up for a club with no academic merits.

Would a tea club where you work be relaxing? Viola thought to herself, feeling that drive to create the club start to fade. Viktoriya's outfit was an almost constant reminder that the hard work she could spend failing at this club could've been spent wandering the town, having fun and even buying something cute for herself. But Masego was there, and despite his discomfort at wearing fancy clothing, he still showed up to support her.

She'd really be wasting his time if she just gave up.

She nibbled her lips a little more, staring at the floor. Without anything to sketch on, it really was hard to focus her mind without getting distracting. She shuffled her feet on the ground, drawing invisible shapes with each movement, letting her mind focus.

How can we learn magic through tea? What does tea have to do with magic? Magic. Tea. Tea. Magic. Magical tea? Her head tilted to the side, which she quickly shook. No, that's stupid.... or is it?

Viola shot onto her feet, eyes wide open. "Alchemy! That's a form of magic! Tea is just a simplified form of alchemy. Boil water, combine leaves, through this the water is chemically changed to taste good. What if the point of our club, beyond our shared love of tea, would be to pursue alchemy not for combative elements, but for recreational use. Elixirs, maybe tea flavored, that can be used for simple things... like dealing with a headache, or helping someone focus on studying for their big test."

She paused in her rant, feeling like she may have been onto something.

"We can sell our potions if they get to become good enough, and use the proceeds to.. I don't know. Something. What do you think?"

Masego could only look down dejected as Viktoriya utterly destroyed his idea. In his haste to help Viola it seems that the SCP was starting to wonder what it was that he was truly here to learn. It left him feeling foolish.

Then Viola sprung to her feet with her idea of turning it into an alchemy club, using the tea as a starting point for recreational uses, and Masego knew exactly how to support it. He got to his feet as well. "That's a brilliant idea! My own knowledge of alchemy is near non-existent, as I'm sure my entrance exam scores reflected. This club would be perfect for learning about it's origins in more simple acts, such as tea making, and how to use it for recreational purposes. It's a fun alternative to the schools alchemy courses which would teach how to use such magic in combat!"

Viktoriya listened to Viola and Masego with interest at the mention of an alchemy club. The idea of tea flavored potions wasn't a bad idea at all. And perhaps, it could even be a great selling point. For a long time, the many potions and elixirs had a bitter or neutral taste. This new type of potion could be a turning point on the market if this club really hit off. Slowly, Viktoriya gave in and decided to give this project a chance.

"Very well, you have me convinced. We have an empty clubhouse close to the main Libary, it is about 102 square meters big, should your members exceed fifteen people, do come to me and I'll find you a bigger room. But, for now. I can only give you the minimum funding for a new club activity."

Vikki pulled out a small credit card from under her table. It was blank one for now, but as she slipped it under the holo-interface, the computer began to re-write the card. 'Alchemy Club', was written at the front, and Viola Facett, at the back. Viktoriya offered the card towards Viola.

"This is your club funding card, I have transferred 11 million yen to this card. Oh right, you are from the Alliance are you not Ms. Facett? The value is the same as about 100.000 dollars."

She spoke as if this amount was but a small token and continued swiftly. "You'll be the one in charge of keeping your club well supplied. When it is ready, do send me an e-mail about your schedule."

A soft smile formed on her lips. "Go on now, you can't call yourself a club with just two members."

Viola had felt it the moment her rant began. What she felt had been her true potential, rattling inside the cage that had kept it locked up for years. When her rant ended, and Masego began his own, their energies combined and they formed the ultimate attack: the perfect pitch.

It had been a few years since the last time Viola had been left speechless, but when Viktoriya pulled a complete 180 and accepted the terms of an alchemy club? Her excitement went so through the roof that all she could do was stand there and accept the Alchemy Club card that she'd been handed.

Turning it around revealed her name, and that was when she snapped out of her silence.

Viola let out a squeal, that turned quickly into a squawk as she leapt up to throw her arms around Viktoriya's neck so she could pull her down into the biggest hug she could muster. "Yes! I knew you were just an amazing person the moment I walked into this room. We're gonna kick so much ass!"

Realizing that she had a partner she could be celebrating with just right then, Viola released Viktoriya from the embrace and turn towards Masego. Card held out towards him for his inspection, she continued spoke to him. "Look! It even has my name on it. And it's worth...one hundred....thous----"

Viola cut herself off, turning back to Viktoriya, the card held out in front of her like it was a dangerous creature. "This thing is worth One Hundred Thousand Dollars!?" Viola's hand twitched like the card had really attacked her and she dropped it to the ground, backing up.

Coming down off of her brief, but certainly manic moment, she let out a slow breath. "I'm going to buy so much tea."

Reactions: Rue
His smile grew wide as Viktoriya accepted the terms of their club, pumping a fist in the air in victory while Viola let out her squeal. "Victory for the alchemy club!" He cried out, the inner voice of Shaka seeming to sigh in exasperation as he celebrated.

When the card was shown to him, he inspected it like a child looked at a shiny object, awash in awe and amazement. "Wow, that's so cool!" He agreed before the realization dawned on him. His eyes flying wide at the same time as Viola's. "100,000 dollars!?"

Mago had never even seen that much money before, much less owned it. He quickly picked the credit card off the ground as Viola dropped it, inspecting further to see if it was legitimate. "Holy cow. This is really happening." He mused before he turned and bowed respectfully to Viktoriya. "Thank you so much, Ms. Romanov. We truly appreciate it."

"You are both welcome... But, I hope I won't have any second thoughts about leaving this amount of money in your care?" She winked slightly at the two of them, due to their eccentric reaction over such a donation. "But let me mark a few locations on your ORB devices. Please bring them out."

Once Masego and Viola took out their ORB phones, Vikki took her own out as well. Slowly, she slid open her device and a large holographic map appeared. Viktoriya started to mark three locations on the map.

Jasmin's Tea Emporium. A huge collection of all kinds of tea leaves, you could even pre-order something from their catalog and it would arrive within a working week.

Ikea. Started out as a simple alternative way of furnishing a home, this multi-national corporation only grew as time went by. In the year 2153, Ikea is the largest outlet for home decoration and business alike. Where you can find humble student prices to extravagant style meant for millionaires.

Yashiro Teahouse. One of Arcadia's best tea houses, other than a fine collection of tea and a traditional Japanese teahouse, this place also sell equipment for tea enthusiasts and businesses alike.

"This will get you going at least. They are all located at the Commerical District, I am sure you can find even more shops if you just explore."

Back