The Blood Temptation: Prelude to The Modern Gothic

Ragenaut

Don't get between me and my munchies
A non-romantic 1x1, Devil/Mortal. This will be a short RP in Ancient times, between an old mortal king fearing death/ an ambition man subjected to slavery or is not of royalty, and a diabolical creature, who poses as genie and wishmaker, who wishes to grant him life, via vampirism. As for the setting, any Middle Eastern Bronze Age Kingdom would do. Persia, Israel, Egypt, etc.

I will be the Devil, who will take the appearance of an Arabic man, with red hair, as well as a thin, red goatee.

You can be either an old king, an ambitious poor man, or a woman tired of the ancient misogyny of royalty at the time.

Anyone interested in becoming the First Vampire?

Hmm, I guess I can start as the poor fellow. Poor in wealth, yes, but rich in ideas and interested in politics. Maybe he'll make a Middle Eastern Prussia/Sparta, who knows?
How does that sound?

And the title... will the RP eventually be leading to medieval and Napoleonic times?
And what's the First Vampire exactly?

This is a short story explaining how the vampires were created. I'm gonna do another one for werewolves, and then a group RP about the Vikings failed colonization. Afterwards, the RP proper will begin, either as an Epic, or and Multithread. It takes place in between the Renaissance and the Near Future.

There will be mini-RPs, set in different times and places. There won't be a linear progression of time, but instead contained stories, set in any time and place that would make a good story.

I'm gonna focus mainly on the European, American, and Islamic parts of the world, if someone wants to handle the African and Far East areas, though, then they can go ahead and do that.

Hmm... is the character going to be a First Vampire?
If so, change my character to the anti-misogyny woman, but also desiring to build an empire of her own.

I think I can do East Asia, but preferably starting from the early 20th century. I would like to do some Balkanize Me and Space-Filling Empire. Though I might use my ideas for this RP universe's East Asia in other RPs. Thoughts?

I'm wanting to keep things historically accurate, just with monsters. So East Asia is gonna stay the way it is historically. Sorry, no world changing. I want to study a Gothic version of history with this RP.

You will be The First Vampire. And yeah, being an anti-misogynistic woman Empress will be just fine.

When will our timeline diverge from real life? Just wondering.

Okay, I think I'll go with a Vampire Lady that has big hopes and amibitions to conquer the world.

It really won't. It's a Gothic version of history, not an alternate history. Your Empress will lead a new Persia, probably, but not an entirely new empire. It'll probably be misandrous, instead of misogynistic

It really won't. It's a Gothic version of history, not an alternate history. Your Empress will lead a new Persia, probably, but not an entirely new empire. It'll probably be misandrous, instead of misogynistic
Hmm... after Persia, I'm just gonna go guerrilla after that.

So, will this RP come to an end someday?

Yes, it's an origin story for Vampires in the proper RP. The Modern Gothic will be the true RP, and you'll get to be the main Vampire Queen in it, due to being the First Vampire in this RP.

I'm looking for an older Empire. The Persian Empire was founded in 550 B.C., and that feels too early to me. Looking for something thousands of years in the past right now.

I found 2 good ones.

The Akkadian Empire, in 2200 BC, and the Babylonian Empire, in 1900 BC. Akkad lasted 100 years, and Babylon lasted 300. What do you think?

Akkadian, perhaps? It's the oldest empire ever.

(Well, sorry for not being clear but I meant the entire RP universe... never mind then. It's ok)
And will Modern Gothic still following Real Life timeline?

Modern Gothic will keep to the same events of our history. We can change them, and act in them, but it won't change future/past history, unless it's something super major.

Killing or influencing a major historical figure, or disrupting a major event.

Ex. Saving Abraham Lincoln, Killing Hitler pre WW2, sabotaging the Cuban Missile Crisis. Stuff like that.

Hmm, sounds fun. I think I'll be killing Hitler when he just got out of his prison at Landsberg. Maybe Stalin and Mao too. How does that sound?

Or rather, participate in WW1 and then let Germans successfully conquer Paris?
That results in Central Powers victory?

Maybe? I'm gonna have to have multiple timelines for this stuff. Good thing I'm limiting it to the Modern Era :)

Sounds fun, and brain busting!

Modern Era, meaning Digital Age, or meaning anytime after 1871 AD?

Yeah, would be fun to rewrite history and adding Gothic magic to it... sounds interesting,

Back