Akashic Arcana The Council Interview

Katie

@JessieJames

latest

The Student Council Halls. A breathtaking image that dwarfed any person that stood below to gaze towards its glory. When Yuhime walked up towards the front door of the manor, she would without a doubt notice the pathway with several statues of knights holding up their flags in a splendid manner. The Council Halls only became bigger as Yuhime came closer to it, and now standing by the large mahogany door, someone opened it from behind.

Before Yuhime stood a tall girl. And not just anyone. The Russian Crown Princess, Viktoriya Romanov, and also the Academy's student-body president. The woman had noble features and a regal appearance. Her outfit was composed of a black suit. Black trousers, dress shoes, blazer and white shirt with elegant filigree sleeves and a slightly puffed up collar that was bound together by a bowtie.

"Are you... Yuhime?" She spoke in a pleasant manner, even her voice was pleasing to a high degree. People may have heard rumors of the president being a homunculus, but once they met her, she was vibrant and full of life, her eyes clear and resonating with a soul. Homunculus is created soulless and without emotions, making them only tools for war and terror.

"I am Viktoriya Romanov, pleased to meet you." She smiled brightly before extending her hand towards the girl.

Yuhime Kamui glanced around the expansive structure's court yard as she strolled up the long walk way to the front door. Her long ivory white hair was pulled back into a low pony tail that seemed to be failing at keep the fine strands out of her face. Long black hakama shifted around her as she walked like a skirt. Her kimono were only layered two deep -- pale blue under layer with a white top-- due to the pleasant weather and for once being able to slip out of her dorm room before Tomoe could dress her in more.

The kitsune was such a traditionalist that annoyed her by living and dressing like it was still the prime of the Edo era. Not that she didn't see the benefits in having his skilled eyes and touch when dressing. At least he wasn't like Ryuu-sama who currently followed her scaring any poor soul that happened to look upon him. His wild choppy white hair made him look like creeper even if he had gone as far to hide the horn and a half he had and his inhuman gold on black eyes. His aura proceeded him no matter how he used his magic.

Sighing she paused before the great doors taking in their splendor as they opened revealing a very beautiful woman. Yuhime smiled softly as she took her in with her silver-blue eyes, "I am," She confirmed and bowed slightly, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Princess Viktoriya Romanov. Please pay no mind to Ryuu-sama."

She pointed over her shoulder at the white haired dragon man who was currently acting like the statues were far more interesting, "He is harmless for the most part."

She smiled confidently towards Yuhime before stepping aside to let the elegant woman enter. "If you wish to bring your familiars with you, you may. Though I am certain we can entertain him in the reception room. He feeds on your mana to sustain himself I assume? We have tea specifically for familiars, mana thistle tea." She was at least trying to accommodate Ryuu, viewing him as much as a guest other than a summoner's tool. In any case, Yuhime was taken to the reception room together with Ryuu.

The Council Halls were brimming with activity more or less. Student Council members walking back and forth with different purposes. A couple of black coated Disciplinary Division members were there too, but their armbands were different. Viktoriya smiled towards two DD Guards by the door towards the reception room. They firmly stood aside before opening it for the three. As Vikki entered, she looked behind her shoulder towards Yuhime. "Council Guards, they are part of the Disciplinary Division but serves the Student Council.

Viktoriya helped Yuhime and Ryuu inside, promptly instructing them with a smooth gesture of where to sit down. It had a comfortable vibe. No high-technology furniture, but old renaissance furnishing with marbles, wood and some exotic flowers to decorate. A table seated in the middle of the room. Viktoriya pulled out a chair for Yuhime, then Ryuu as well. She felt no disdain for the familiar, nor did she give off an aura of someone who was weak to be bullied by a spirit. The President didn't sit down just yet. Next to the table were a small cart with tea and some light snacks of finger sandwiches. She placed a cup by each of her guests, before pouring steaming tea into Yuhime's china. The scent was herbal, camomille tea, infused with vanilla and honey. For Ryuu, it was a mana thistle tea. Its color azure blue, hot, and once drank, it would restore a portion of someone's mana.

The President took her seat after serving the beverages, a gentle smile upon her lips. "Thank you for taking time to meet me here. Were you interested in a position with the Student Council? I have been looking for a treasurer for some time now. "

Ryuu glanced over at his mistress then followed so far not making a peep. His odd colored eyes trailed over everyone and everything out of a mixture of curiosity and concern. While he had nothing against the modern world he often times didn't care for it. His eyes danced to Yuhime's for a moment as he followed her into the sitting room. They accepted the tea but the dragon merely set his aside. It may have seemed a rude jester but he meant nothing by it. The blue liquid wasn't something he desired much less was it something that he needed. He busied himself with taking in the room for a while while the humans spoke.

"I was interested in a position within the Student Council," Yuhime replied softly before sipping her tea. It was pleasant and warmed her. Her silver blue gaze took in the woman before her a bit more, "I'm not sure how good I could be at treasurer but I would give it my all."

Her eyes shifted to Ryuu for a moment as she realized he had set his tea away and smiled. The creatures she formed contracts with weren't like water spirits that added any they deemed worthy. They were independent and very similar to humans in their ability to use magic and function within everyday society. They even held similar beliefs in life and morals. It was only due to a handful that led to many of them being prosecuted and sealed away like monsters. She was sure there were many in the world but how many was a question she had no real hope of knowing.

She remembered Ryuu and a few others telling her of a man by the name Yuto who happened to be one of her direct ancestors who sealed them away with the promise that one day they would be able to walk among man as equals. Those that formed contracts with her believed in that man's words and granted her their power. She desired to gain influence in the world and break the cycle of hate that enveloped the mythical creatures.

Viktoriya sat cross-legged and seemed most of all comfortable in her element within the Student Council Halls. A soft smile spread upon her lips as she acknowledged Yuhime's interest in joining the Council, as well as giving her all when the role of a Student Council Treasurer came into play. She couldn't help but reach out for her ORB device, the communication item that most people in this modern age possessed. While it replaced Cellphones, it also did similar things to workspace laptops and information pads.

She opened the ORB phone, practically pulling it into two segments with a single holographic screen in-between. What came up on her starting site was the academic grades and files on Yuhime. "You are in Class A, your grades are outstanding as well as your understanding of simple mathematical solutions. As a treasurer, your duty is to oversee and allocate our school's funding as efficiently as possible. When clubs need more financial funding, they may reach out to you before coming to me. But that said, I will supervise you as we go along. Afterall, I started out as a treasurer during my first year."

A confident smile spread on Viktoriya's lips. The Russian girl looked down towards her own tea before sampling a calm and collected sip. Her eyes, however, wandered towards Ryuu, his appearance, definitely outlandish, but remarkable, strong, and by some accounts independent of a summoned familiar.

"I must say I am impressed, Ms. Kamui. I heard accounts of your talents as a summoner, but seeing it in person is more impressive than reading about files. If by anything, I can hardly tell it is a summoned creature enslaved to you. It is as if I am looking at an individual with his own thoughts, goals, and..." She stopped herself as she realized she was going off tracks, if not, changing the topic of the conversation at hand all too easy.

"In any case, Yuhime. Our next Council meeting is in three days. You can come along as an observer of how the Council manages its affairs, or you can sign up now for the vacant position, and I will give you, your assignments when you leave."

The young priestess kept her gaze on the female before her. She wasn't surprised by the information that the other was reading back to her. After all she had already looked into most of her own files considering she found it insulting that they called her a 'summoner'. The slight expressions that had graced her face fell into nothingness as the other mentioned said talent. It was a common mistake but one she would address after she had secured her position today, "I will happily take the offer as it stands today. It is my understanding that the sooner you have a treasurer the sooner events and many clubs can get under way with the year. Delay has never been something I've enjoyed and might assume neither do others."

Ryuu shifted his gaze to the human woman across from his mistress. His gaze held pity as if he felt she was insolent in her comments about his individuality. As if having that sixth sense that itched when her contracted ayakashi was annoyed or feeling a negative emotion she reached out and placed a hand on his red scaled one. Her eyes drifted to his as he tensed slightly then glanced at her fully, "I must ask your forgiveness in one matter though," She said to Viktoriya, "Ryuu isn't a spirit or a familiar as many might think of him. He is an ayakashi. A demonic creature that has a soul, lives and breaths just like you and me. It is my understanding that due to most if not all being either sealed away or hunted to extinction that many humans don't understand this. He and I have a contract that allows me to request his assistance in battle and other matters but he is free to refuse and even go against me entirely. It is my understanding that familiars and summoned can't do that. They would be more or less killing themselves by doing so."

She took a sip of her tea, "If I die nothing happens to the ayakashi contracted to me. They may feel the absence of our contract but little more," She hoped she was explaining this well enough for it to be understood. It was hard for others to understand that which her family did without thought. At another time she would be happy to introduce her contracts to those she would be working with that way they could avoid confusion.

She couldn't help but just smile faintly while calmly nod towards Yuhime and Ryuu. Viktoriya understood and processed what the woman was telling her. There are still many things she had to learn, and this special contract between fantastical creatures and Yuhime was one. A mental note for herself, she would have to update Yuhime's personal files after the meeting, to do her profile as a mage justice.

"My deepest apologies, to the both of you. I would love to see more of your partners, one day. However, let us get this matter over with, yes?"

Viktoriya sent a contract form over to Yuhime's inbox, she would have to fill out every trivial information there before Vikki could finalize it. A bright smile on her lips. "All you need to do is fill out the form I sent you. I'll let you know when our next meeting is through your student mail. We'll need to allocate our funds for the coming Tournament, a good trial by fire, don't you agree? The Tournament is the largest magic event in the world. And when it comes to spending money and funding, it is up to the Student Council to accomplish. And more so, our treasurer."

She smiled at the female's openess at trying to understand her magic and the contracts she held. It was rare even in this day and age where nearly anything was possible. Yuhime thanked her for her time as Ryuu glanced over at the pair deciding to speak then, "Yuhime only keeps two of us around on campus usually but the other have bad habits of simply appearing or showing up without warning. Should you find yourself confronted with any ayakashi we that are contracted to Yuhime will lend you our services should it be needed to handle said ayakashi. It is Yuhime's duty to deal with any and all that come across her path as the next head of the Kamui Clan. I'm sure you understand such responsibilities as a future queen."

Yuhime frowned as she glanced to the draconian male who had decided he had played human looking long enough and allow his horns to show as well as his scale lined chin, neck, hands and fore arms. Deadly looking black talons gleamed in the light of the room, "Ryuu-sama, I believe that you shouldn't be the one..."

"You would have left it out completely if given the chance. You forget too easily that many ayakashi would kill you and any humans if their seals were carelessly broken," He growled at her. His voice was rough but held a certain softness that conveyed a deep caring emotion for the young girl before him. Ryuu shook his head after some time, "Do what you like but I will always do what is needed."

She frowned at him again before sighing and nodding in understanding and agreement, "He has a point should you find an ayakashi or something you think to be one please let me know. I would like to offer it a chance to become part of society. If it can't and decides to fight I will have to handle it either way."

Back