Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Knosis and Tiko

The next thing Chloe knew, she was laying in a white bed in a gown with an IV drip in her arm with regular saline dripping into her arm. The constant irritating beeping was a blaring reminder that she was alive as it kept in rhythm with her heart rate, now calmed dramatically from when she had first been entered. Her throat was dry due to the oxygen mask they had her on to try to keep her oxygen levels up, but that too had improved dramatically since she had been admitted.

She groaned and slowly tried to sit up, feeling as though she had been hit in the face by a 2x4.

"Where am I.." She muttered, rubbing her face.

____

Chloe shook her head. "I don't remember anything after I got into the chair really.." She murmured. "I don't need any tests, I just need to get a good night sleep.." She tried to push Desmond's hand off her shoulder.

"I'll be fine. Let's just go.."

____

"I can't make you stay," Desmond said.

He folded his arms over his chest, looking down at her.

"But you were supposed to get this looked at before now, an' you can't tell me it's not gettin' worse. 'ow bad is it gonna be next time? An' when?"

He shook his head.

"We need answers. Besides, me pack mates won't be in for a while yet, an' we can't head back until they get into town. So let them do their tests, aye? It can't 'urt anything."

____

She winced at his words. She had only said that in the past to appease him, but now she was stuck. She sighed and held her head in her hands. "Alright, alright.." She muttered quietly. "I'll let them run their tests.. They probably won't find anything now though.." She warned.

____

"It's still better than nothin'," Desmond said. "We can pick up the records on our way out, and follow up with Reinhard later. Might give 'im somethin' to work with. I suggested they run some blood work on your 'ormone levels also. May 'ave told 'em you were a werewolf. Made the nurse right antsy, but I assured them you wouldn't eat them," he added with a wink. "Might be more tellin' to get some blood drawn while you're 'avin an episode though."

____

"It only happens when I'm in a emotionally stressing situation usually.." She murmured. "I'm not emotionally unstable right now, and you probably won't find me in that state in a hospital.." She murmured. She seemed to be more aware of the problem than she had let on previously.

"Its fine.. They'd find out as soon as they did blood tests anyway. Probably best to warn them before they do that. People tend to get a bit jumpy if you don't tell them before hand."

The nurse peeked in, a forced smile upon her lips. "Doctor's ordered some blood tests, I'm just going to draw a few vials, if you don't mind." The woman said. Chloe grunted and extended her left arm for the woman. It didn't take her long to find a vein and pop the needle in to start drawing blood. All the while, the woman looked as though she was about to take off as soon as the last one was filled, no matter if the needle was pulled or not. Chloe raised an eyebrow towards Desmond.

____

"That's why I recommended they check your 'ormone levels," Desmond explained. "Even if they check out normal right now, it gives Reinhard a base level to work with later. If it's related to your shiftin' troubles, I'll wager some of your 'ormone levels are way out of control durin' those episodes. If that's all it is, then it might be treatable."

He fell quiet as the nurse arrived and left her to do her work. As she left, Desmond gave his head a shake before giving Chloe a hard look.

"'an if there's more to this that you're not sayin'... I can't 'elp you if you keep me in the dark."

____

She returned Desmond's gaze, her jaw set. "I just know they won't find anything.." She muttered and looked away after a long silence. She seemed irritated.

"What else did holier than thou want anyway?" She changed the subject.

____

He studied her silently for a moment, but decided to let it be for now. She had just landed herself in a hospital after all.

"The expected," Desmond answered. "Lot of questions about Baron's truck. Best if we talk about that later tough," he added.

He pulled his chair over so he could sit down next to the hospital bed.

"'ow are you feelin' anyways?" he asked.

____

"I'm alright now.." She murmured quietly.

After a while, the doctor had returned to let the know that there were some abnormalities in her white blood cell count, but the other blood tests seem to have resulted in nothing more. However some of the other tests run had proven somewhat fruitful. Though Chloe seemed to be very healthy on the outside, her innards were another matter. The doctor showed them images they had taken of her insides, showing marks where some damage had taken its toll. Her heart had the worst scarring, but nothing life threatening so far.

"I'm no expert in the lycanthropcy side of things.." He said. "But if this was a human, we would be discussing possibly having your heart operated on in the future. And possibly a transplant if it becomes too weak." He handed the files over to the pair of them. "It is probably best to take this to whoever you go to." And with that, he left.

Chloe was silent through the whole thing. She had been starring out into the hallway, and she refused to look at Desmond through the entire thing. A soft buzzing came from Chloe's jacket pocket. "Hey, that may be for you."

____

Desmond looked to be about to say something when the phone call interrupted them. He pursed his lips, and the look he gave her said plainly that the matter wasn't over yet. She had just been granted a momentary reprieve as he moved to fish her phone out of her jacket.

Once he had it in hand, he flipped it open.

"'ey," he said into the receiver. A few words were exchanged before he left Sky the address of the hospital and asked her to meet him there. After a few assurances that he was fine, he hung it up.

With that matter seen to, Chloe would find herself the center of his scrutiny once more. He didn't return to the side of the bed though, and instead seated himself in one of the chairs by the wall as he watched her.

"Did you know about this?" he asked her pointedly.

____

She sat back up in bed and started pulling the IV's out of her arm. She looked pale in color. "The new damage? No." She stated quietly, avoiding his question. She still wasn't looking at him directly. She was upset, and rightfully so. She pulled off the gown in front of Desmond and began to get dressed. She was going to be leaving, with or without the doctor's blessings.

She pulled her shirt over her head, still feeling Desmond's gaze on her back. "Let's just go, please..

____

He sat quiet, his brow furrowed in a mingling of concern and frustration. He finally stood up and encircled his arms around her waist from behind to slow her mad rush of getting dressed to scramble out the door.

He kissed her shoulder gently as he held her.

"We can't go until Sky gets 'ere," he told her. "But we can start gettin' your discharge papers drawn up. But I want you to promise me we can talk about this later."

He moved to turn her about to face him, so she could get a good look at the concern in his eyes.

"Promise?" he asked.

____

Guilt tightened her chest as she looked up into his eyes. She couldn't help but want to erase the worry from them again. "Fine, alright.. I promise." She said. "Damn you and your puppy dog eyes.." She sighed.

____

"Good, because I'm gonna 'old you to that," he told her with a wink.

He gave her a kiss on the forehead before letting her go.

"Go on an' finish gettin' dressed. We can wait for Sky and the other's outside once they get your paperwork taken care of. I'll go find the doctor while you finish up in 'ere."

____

It wasn't long that Desmond and Chloe had to wait out front before a number of vehicles began to pull into the parking lot. A bike, a pickup truck towing a large trailer, and a car that took up the rear.

"Ah there we are," Desmond said. "Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone."

He rested a hand on Chloe's lower back to guide her to step forward off the curb to approach where the vehicles were beginning to park.

as written by Knosis, Tiko, Script, and CelticCat

Chloe allowed Desmond to lead her forward. He could feel the stiffness in her back and the tense movements she made. She was nervous.

The bike had come to a stop first and the woman groaned as she finally got off the bike after hours of hard riding. Skye pulled the helmet strap and pulled the bulky thing off, greeting Desmond with a brilliant smile. "Oi!" She called over.

"Relax they don't bite," Desmond told Chloe with a wink. "'ey!" he hollered back to Skye. "This 'ere is Chloe," he told her as he approached. "An' this is me cousin Skye," he added for Chloe.

"Well.. Not often, anyway. And usually only out of pleasure instead." She teased. Chloe smiled politely and offered her hand. "Pleased to meet you." She added. Skye gave Chloe a brief look over before grabbing the hand and pulling Chloe into a hug. Chloe looked a bit disturbed but none the less hugged back.

"Nice to meetcha Chloe. I've heard a -lot- about ya. Desmond there won't shut up about ya! I will say, you're a lot prettier than I had imagined though!" Chloe's face flushed bright red.

"Ah..." Desmond said as he coughed lightly. "Let's get back to the matter at 'and, eh?" he said.

The doors to the other vehicles were opening up as more people stepped out to join the trio.

"That's me cousin Quinn an' 'er brother Connor," he said as two men exited the truck. "An' the rest... let's see if I can remember all their names," he said with a wink. "Me cousin Kian, and 'is brother Seamus... And ah... That's Fiona, but I can't remember 'ow she's related off the top of me head. Big family tree," he explained. "Third cousin on me mother's side maybe?" He scratched at his head.

"Something like that." Fiona brushed the long mop of curls behind her ears before flashing a friendly smile towards Chloe. "It's nice ta meetcha, Chloe."

"Now, come and give your third something or other a hug, Des." She grinned at Desmond and held her arms out to him.

He was more than happy to oblige as he half lifted Fiona up in a bear of a hug.

"Me brother 'ill be 'appy to see you," he told her as he deposited her back onto her feet.

Quinn offered a warm smile as she stepped out of the car, and a wave when she was mentioned. To avoid overwhelming Chloe too much, she lingered back near the vehicle whilst the others exchanged greetings.

Connor showed no such restraint in wandering over with a broad grin. "It's great t' see you, Des - an' t' meet you, Chloe," he said, "Me an' the other guys were takin' bets on how far above 'is league Des was shootin', but I think we all guessed too low." The younger man winked playfully.

Skye let go quickly and backed off so Chloe could meet the others and backed off from the pair as Fiona passed by to hug Desmond. She went to go lean on her bike.

Chloe on the other hand, was nearly overwhelmed.

Kian hopped out of the truck, looking as though he had crawled out of his grave. He was holding a cup of coffee he had nursed since the last stop. He merely waved at Desmond, his eyes shut. The dark bags around his eyes expressed he hadn't slept well.

Once greetings and hugs were exchanged, Desmond wasted little time getting down to business.

"I'm glad you all came out," he said. "I don't know 'ow much Skye told you all, but the packs are warrin' out 'ere. Old Scion and Bloodstone feud. Me pack mates are 'urtin' pretty bad right now, an' things are a bit upside down. A show of force is what we need to discourage anyone from makin' a move on the wounded. I don't expect you all to join this fight, just need the Scions to think you 'ill."

"What sort of show're we talkin'?" Quinn piped up, stepping forwards, "You just want us to be seen around, or you got somethin' more dramatic in mind?"

"I suppose struttin' around with me violin won't cut it?" Fiona quipped, messing with her hair.

"It doesn't matter if we do anythin'." Skye said. "The fact is we'd look like more numbers for the Bloodstones." Skye guessed. "We just need to be seen. I bet them Scions are hurtin' just as bad right now, and if they see us.. Then how many more could be 'idden ready to pound them?"

Kian grunted in response. "Smoke 'n' mirrors.." He took a sip of his coffee before adding, "With teeth."

"Exactly. I would never forgive meself if anythin' 'appened to you lot," he said as he threw an arm around Fiona and Skye's shoulders to give them an affectionate squeeze. "There's a reason I 'ad you meet us 'ere though. Me bringin' you lot 'ere is gonna stir up some trouble wi' some of me packmates 'ere in Lutetia. I need to know that you all know that whatever 'appens tonight, needs to 'appen, an' not to interfere. Just let it play out."

"That sounds awful ominous, Des," Quinn raised an eyebrow expectantly.

"Not a welcome party with that tone. I trust ya, Des, but I need my arms unbroken if I'm gonna play." Fiona tried to flash a joking smile at him, but her nervousness probably showed through.

Kian nodded and waved as if to say he'd agree to anything as long as it got him a bed for a while.

Skye was awefully quiet, and she dug her fingers into her leather jacket.

Chloe shifted uncomfortably where she stood. "Whatever happens tonight might need to happen, but it doesn't mean I'm going to like it.." She muttered.

"I know," Desmond answered Chloe before letting Skye and Fiona go so he could rest his hands on her shoulders. "An' that's why I need you to promise me that you'll stay in the trailer 'til this plays out. When Ragenard an' I get into it, I can't risk the distraction if you 'ave another episode. You understan'?"

The red-haired woman glared incredulously at Desmond. Her jaw clenched and she folded her arms across her chest, turning her gaze away from Desmond. "Alright. Fine." She bit.

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doin'," Desmond said with a grin. "I think."

"Don't sound too confident, Des," Quinn formed a smirk, albeit a hesitant one, "Or we might relax too much."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back