Kadaeux

Universe Crafter
T53bvan.jpg

Inspired by a CYOA I found on imgur (and a degree of laziness allowing me to voluntarily keep it simple) I've decided to run a new RP.

The Last Fleet.

Log; C1A9053-2199.

To those of you who might find this, I am Admiral William Lyon of a planet that was called Earth. I don't know when you'd find this or in what condition. So let me tell you a bit about ourselves. We were called humans, and in late 2048 we licked the problem of FTL travel and spread throughout the stars. Out there we met many cultures, many species both organic and machine. We uplifted some. We warred with others. I won't say we were paragons. No. We were fools.

There was nothing we wouldn't poke to see how it ticked, and that was when upon finally getting a ship to Sagittarius A we discovered for certain that we were right about the Black Hole at it's centre. What we had not expected was the megastructure that ringed it. Well if you guessed that we poked it and screwed up you'd be right. At least I think so.

After the initial transmission contact with the exploration ship ceased. And one by one the galaxy began going dark in it's wake. Something terrible came from the hell of that place and began destroying everything in its wake, we called it the Protolife. Swarms of ship-sized things advanced ahead of greater things. Even now I don't have any pictures of the greater creatures. For they consumed everything that fell into their sphere of influence.

We united the very galaxy itself in war against them, and we've failed. And now here I am, eighty years after its discovery leaving behind this beacon, and history, for people to find if the protolife ever leaves the possibility of life behind.

Instead I am leading the last fleet. The last ships of this galaxy on an exodus, a retreat. We're fleeing with what colony ships we've been able to muster. The last life as the last stars go dark with the protolifes advance. I can't tell you where we're going, the protolife may understand these things for all we know.

But heed our warning. Leave while you can.

Admiral William Lyon out.

You represent the Captain of one of the ships of the fleeing Last Fleet. With some leeway as to how you go about things. You follow the rules of the CYOA images below. Note, you do not represent the colony ships or, naturally, the Admirals ship.

Character Sheet.

Ship Name:
Ship Appearance: (Pic here.)
Manufacturer: (CYOA choice)
Interior: (CYOA choice)
Facilities: (CYOA choices.)
Special Ship Features: (CYOA choices.)
Wonders: (CYOA choices.)
Crew: (Small = Approx 40, Medium = Approx 250, Large = Approx 1500)
Armaments: (Without going into hard restrictions, keep in mind that small craft will have very few weapons, medium will have a more, say 10-20 where large might have 100-200. Feel free to describe what type of weapons you have, but not their power etc.)

Captain Name:
Appearance: (Description or Picture is fine.)
Basic History: (Feel free to give a bit of description more if you pick an alien race or machine race. If Human, please go a bit vaguely generic. Also note that the war with the Protolife had been going for eighty years so you're going to have lost people.)

g4ShEWU.jpg

HWTEQZy.jpg

Ship Name: Starbound Cruiseliner (WIP)

Ship Appearance:
Ship%20pic%201%20Apr%201.jpg

Manufacturer: Human - Small

Interior: Classy

Facilities:
Plant Garden - Tier 1 (1)
Aquarium - Tier 1 (1)
Fabricator - Tier 2 (3)
Cloning Tank - Tier 1 (1)
Crew Quarters - Human (1)
Medical Lab - Tier 2 (3)
Bathing Facilities - Tier 2 (3)
Recreational - Bar, Games, and Music (6)
Library - Tier 1 (1)
Total: 20

Special Ship Features:
Nanorobot A.R. - Tier 3 (6)
A.I. Companion - Tier 2 (3)
Upgraded EVA Suit - Tier 1 (1)
Total: 10

Wonders:
Stunning Technology
Planetary Events
Ruined Civilizations
Natural Wonders
Stellar Phenomena
Dimensional Entity
Crew: 40

Armaments: 4 Laser Turrets, 1 Large Railgun*
(*Note: Railgun may not actually be that big. It's called marketing!)

Captain Name: Varrick Edwick
Appearance: Varrick is a tall individual, who, depending on the mood, wears one of a variety of ecclectic and fancy outfits, usually with an overarching color scheme. The most unusual thing about his appearance is a replica totally authentic tricorn hat that he always keeps on for unknown reasons.
Basic History: Varrick was born to a long line of cruise tycoons, who for many years before the crisis had taken people on tours across the galaxy. Following the protolife invasion, he and his vessel barely escaped certain death, and joined Admiral Lyon's crew in an effort to survive. After all, even if you are in the depths of space, there's nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while.

Back