The mansion

"We've had a sign since we started this business," Lenora said, pointing to the open/closed sign on the door. It was still flipped to open. "It like no one pays attention to it." It was easy to Lenora was getting frustrated with all of this.

Robby took a deep breath in and let it out in a slow sigh. He would not get frustrated. He would not get frustrated! "That is just an open and closed sign. What is opened or closed? What kind of business? You have to get close to even see the sign. I'm talking about a sign that indicates what kind of a place this is, a sign that people can see from the road. Something like Imperia's Emporium of Magic! Loenora's Magic Shoppe. Having a double P and an E at the end makes it look classy for some reason. It can just say Magic For Sale if you want. Literally anything to indicate from a distance that this is a business and what kind of a business this is."

"Ignore her," Imperia said, sensing Robby's frustration. Before the fairy could protest, Imperia continued on. "We do have one now. I was about to set it up, but that family from before came in. The little really likes Lenora." While Imperia giggled at the thought, Lenora crossed her arms. "Kids are normally fine, but that one wouldn't leave me alone!" She complained.

Robby relaxed, brightening. They did have a sign! He hesitated a bit before awkwardly asking, "Do you need help setting up the sign?" He glanced at Lenora. "Fairies are big in children's media, and they are usually either the best friend or saving the day."

"Depends on what 'saving the day' means," Lenora said. "I can handle a thief or two if need be." She at least didn't refute the best friend part.
"Enough about that," Imperia said as she turned to face the mansion. "Would you like to see sign?"

"Sure, I have some time," Robby agreed. "I do have homework I need to get done tonight, but I can take a bit of time."

"Don't worry, we'll be quick," Imperia said. She looked towards the mansion and put her hands together, closing her eyes. Then, she held one hand up and way it around. Then, the sign appeared against the building. In big, bold white letters were the words: Welcome to Pearlhall. Simple, but hopefully effective, Imperia thought.

"It's the name of our store," Lenora said, excitement in her voice. She was happy to get some approval on the store. "Like it?"

Robby looked up at the mansion and nodded in approval. "It's a good name. I do like it. It suits you and your store."

Imperia smiled. "Thank you," She said. At that moment, Lenora be pulling on her sleeve and pointing behind them. "Look, look, look!" She said with excitement. Behind them, a group of people were gathering, looking at the sign that just appeared with curiosity and confusion.

"Look at that, the sign is already making itself useful," Robby grinned. "You should go talk to them. Be informative and excited."

"But no magic yet," Lenora suggested. "Just act normal." She looked at Robby. "Thanks for the suggestion by the way."

"You're welcome," Robby said in surprise. "I'm... glad they seem to be working so far. I hope you do better than you started out."

Lenora smiled and nodded while Imperia went to deal with the crowd. The fairy turned back into a butterfly and flew inside the mansion through an open window.

Robby hung out for a little longer before turning and heading onward toward home. It was good to see the mansion business thing working out. He wasn't sure he was convinced they'd do really well here when they weren't used to even having to advertise, but at least the sign was a good start. For himself, he needed to get home and finish his homework. The usually stuff a teen had to do. Maybe tomorrow he would stop by again.

Back