The New Humans

DisAPear

(This is just an idea of a roleplay, if you're interested please say so then I will start making the Character Forms! Questions? Comments? Constructive criticism?)

Long after the nuclear war, earth began to rebuild itself, with thick forests covered in vines and exotic plant life. This new world is home to many dangerous creatures that have been mutated from the radiation. The new generations of humans are too, mutated. Some may have an extra limb, can be able to breathe under water, or even have animalistic features and capabilities. Remember when humans were on top of the food chain? Well they're now at the bottom with everything trying to kill them. The new world is deadly, even some plants are murderous.

In this new world humans figured that since the world has become so dangerous it's best they stick together. They rebuilt civilization with four villages. Each village has its own characteristics.

Long open roads connect the villages, however be on the look out for bandits who may try and take your precious items.

The currency is no longer money, it's gold, silver or bronze coins. If you do no have that, it's whatever you can trade.

The Villages

Onac:

354bd28f80882411fc1c68154444b7502567924f.jpg

Onac is located in a large tree, with it's location it is a pretty safe from danger. The main trade is fruits and fabrics. Onac isn't highly populated with only a few dozen.

Peseo:

4ae24f4325abd.jpg3061x2293

jungle_city__by_cardiganal.png1032x774 1.47 MB

Peseo is one of the highest populated village with a few thousand people. The village is located near water and has a few river streets running through it. The village is located in between each village being having highest marketing and trade, but its main trade is weapons.

Vempeethe:

3c3a7ddf9fe088189a5727cdf577280af283f786.jpg

located in deep caves, its main trade is coal and minerals. It's population is a few hundred being a very protected place.

Totuko:

landscapes%20trees%20jungle%20houses%20village%201280x1543%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_21.jpg600x723 351 KB

Totuko is a mountain villages with just under 1000 citizens. It is not the safest village but with the height advantage they can see things coming. The main trade is farm animals and leathers.

The Monsters:

Sangonera (bloodsucker):

jungle_monster_by_energise-d3823ts.jpg1075x743 205 KB

This creepy crawly is the size as a large dog, it feeds off of blood but needs a lot in order to survive. The vampire like bug is blind however they have a strong sense of smell and can smell blood from miles away. The Sangonera has a thick shell that acts as armor. Its weak spots are the neck and the belly. Many use the bloodsuckers shell for making things.

Mico Del Llop (Wolf Monkey):

e403e4cbd79630f4b54ce15c9911a6c83885bf44.png

This ape like creature is actually the crossbreed of a wolf and monkey. They are very territorial and only attack when they feel threatened. The Apes act like a wolf pack having alphas and such. They are killed easily but when in groups it's harder to defend yourself.
(working on some more)

Tres Caps De Serp (Three headed snake):

2012-09-11(107379)_final-web.jpg1600x984 492 KB

This ugly monster feeds upon humans and often goes into villages, in order to kill it you must chop off each head. The monster cannot see but goes off of vibrations and sound.

ós Ombra (Shadow bear):

wallpaper-2817245.jpg1600x900 221 KB

This gentle giant is friendly, The Shadow bear has long shaggy fur, The bear feeds manly off of small animals and fruit. They're tamable and very good companions however if they are startled or feel threatened they will attack.

Cérvols de l'infern (deer from hell):

a315f10e1015a416c1672bc3c5a98fad.jpg736x553 31 KB

This is a common monster hunted by humans for food, it's easily killed but will but up a fight and go for the jugular when threatened. Humans often use crossbows, arrows, or any other long distance weapons to attack.

Senglar (Wild pig):

celtic_wild_boar_with_forest_by_creaturesfromel-d4tglr7.jpg720x494 184 KB

Another animal hunted by humans, it's basically a normal pig with trees growing out of it's back.

Gat Porc Espí (Porcupine cat)

f9c681adc0fb5199b7518c0e8a01f55d3d6b6bec.jpg

This big cat stands about seven feet tall and often wanders into villages. On its back are quills like a porcupine and it hardens when threatened, when not it remains soft like fur. These animals are very aggressive but CAN be tamed.

riu Lagarto (River Lizard)

40599bf4d57898449ac0895f0bf57cd2.jpg

Nastiest, meanest, monster of the lakes and rivers. This mutation of a crocodile not only eats everything in site, but it also kills for sport. Located in the murky waters. The belly of the beast is it's weak spot. Good luck upon your encounter!

Bukog Kumakaon (Bone eater)

MB1-18-Mutant-Bestiary-1-TME-brain-hound_zpsdc5892b0.jpg

Cute ain't he? This ugly dog like creature may only be knee height but they hunt in packs of twenty and love to chew on human bones. So be careful when approaching, they won't attack right away, they tend to toy with there meal. They are tamable and make great guard dogs!

Natural Disasters

Acid Rain - very common
Black Clouds- A poisonous cloud that happens early in the morning, it stays close to the ground so you can avoid it when up in trees or on high ground.
Floods- happens after long periods of rain which is very common in a jungle.
Freak weather- It can be snow storms, super dry season, high winds and so on
Earthquakes- When this happens the ground often opens up and swallows things up.

Possible list of mutations: (Just to give you some examples!)
  • Breathing underwater
  • Thick breakable Skin
  • Super Strength
  • Human–animal hybrid
  • Super speed
  • Healing touch
  • Acid secretion
  • Elasticity
  • Enhanced hearing
  • Heat generation
  • Rapid cell regeneration
  • Metal mimicry
  • Mass manipulation
  • Plant manipulation
  • Plant growth
  • Precognitive dreaming
  • Telescopic vision
  • Umbrakinesis
  • Extra Limb
(Cannot have more than one mutation. Must have a weakness, do not make them overpowering)
Mutation Banlist:

• Shape shifting (Exception for small case of Appearance Alteration)
  • Cloaking
  • Cloning
  • Electric manipulation
  • Elemental control
  • Gravitational manipulation
  • Space-time manipulation
Extra things:

About weapons: Anything from blades, crossbows to spears...
Guns are also around, However its hard to find the ammo.
Not all plants are dangerous.

SCHOOL!

Okay! This doesn't apply to everyone , but humans are constantly teaching each other ways to survive, how to fight and just overall information. This more so applies to kids and teens under the age of 20

Keep in mind if I find things get boring or I just want to raise a little hell I will add in a monster or a natural disaster. When I do decide to do so it will be in a bright red writing!

Last edited:
I actually like this. Can you go a little deeper into the mutations humans have?
Alright... Well, I'll just tell you what my characters mutations are.
One is much related to a monkey he actually has a monkey tail and fangs, and he acts very much like one,
another had very strong legs and can crack a tree with just a kick.
the last one I have so far has eyes that can see in the dark.
There is so much space for you to work on this, the only thing is don't make it so that they're indestructible they must have some sort of weakness.
And you can expect a lot of shit going their way too, such as acid rain, food shortage, monsters attacking the village and such.
You can make as many characters as you want keep in mind you CAN kill them off. Just don't go killing everyone unless you have someone's permission of course!

Other mutations can be something such as magic/psionics/general mind-based superpowers.

Possible list of mutations:
  • Breathing underwater
  • Thick breakable Skin
  • Super Strength
  • Human–animal hybrid
  • Super speed
  • Healing touch
  • Acid secretion
  • Elasticity
  • Enhanced hearing
  • Heat generation
  • Rapid cell regeneration

Questions?

Last edited:
I think it would be easier to comprehend if there was a definitive ban-list of mutations, assuming there are enough disallowed things to actually fill out such a list.

I think it would be easier to comprehend if there was a definitive ban-list of mutations, assuming there are enough disallowed things to actually fill out such a list.
Ah good idea!! I've just been editing and adding a few more animals to the list! This world is basically our imagination!

So... Could I potentially have a cat-human hybrid if I wanted? He would not be a cutesy anime Neko, though! He would just have the ears and tail, and be agile and have claws. If that's still not cool, I can bring other characters in.

Like a Strength/Speed, a Healing Touch, an Enhanced Hearing, and a Human/Dog hybrid.

So... Could I potentially have a cat-human hybrid if I wanted? He would not be a cutesy anime Neko, though! He would just have the ears and tail, and be agile and have claws. If that's still not cool, I can bring other characters in.

Like a Strength/Speed, a Healing Touch, an Enhanced Hearing, and a Human/Dog hybrid.

Yes you can do just that! And you can have as MANY characters as you wish!

Oh wow thanks. Hm. I'll probably do the cat hybrid... and I'm gonna change the one who had Advanced Hearing to someone with psionic powers. Maybe the precognitive dreaming?

ok here it is:

Name:
Elizabeth Penry
Nickname(s):
Penny (she hates this nickname!)
Height:
5'4"
Sex:
Female
Sexual Preference:
She has no interest in romance, though this can change. (Just play your cards right, and she is straight)
Bionic Enhancements: Due to the nuclear fallout from the war, Elizabeth has mutated and her lungs were almost completely destroyed. She has Bionic lungs, replacing her old ones. She can hold her breath for a very long time due to this and is able to breath in tainted air. Her mutation is much more drastic though. Elizabeth has thin black scales that cover parts of her forearms and thighs. These scales also grow over her back as well. Her pupils are slitted and her canines are slightly elongated. She also has small claws in place of finger- and toenails.
Appearance:
Elizabeth has deep red hair and vibrant, electric blue eyes. There is a light splattering of freckles across her upper cheeks and nose. Her pupils are slitted, and there are thin, black scales that cover her back, the tops of her forearms, and her thighs. Her slightly elongated canines are only visible when she smiles, giving her a slightly sinister look.
Elizabeth enjoys wearing an old, tattered brown trench coat. However, her coat is now more patches and pockets then actual coat. She wears a white t-shirt, which is covered in oil and grease stains, that is tucked into her blue jeans. She wears a brown leather belt and brown leather boots.
(Look at the face, ignore the dress; also, her body dimensions are the same as in the picture)
8a53709fa7caba2f183cca6cf19cc93a.jpg

Personality:
Elizabeth is a soft spoken girl. By soft spoken, I mean that she follows the saying "Speak softly and carry a big stick" almost religiously. She doesn't care for most people, as they just annoy her. She is not religious at all either. She enjoys scrapping old technologies and modifying them for her own use. (Robot army!!!). She is typically ice cold towards people, but if she has some technology to play with, then she is as happy as a clam.
Biography:
Elizabeth lives in the village of Onac. Her parents were devoured by a three-headed snake while trying to defend the village. Ever since then, so from the age of 12, Elizabeth has been taking care of herself. Thus she is very adept with a longbow and knives. However, Elizabeth suffers from asthma. Her mutation gives her a slight edge in hand-to-hand combat and in stealth, but that's about all.

How does this look?

Back