The Ocean Brandon

Draco Shadowdragon

Unknown Entity
This is a little writing assignment I had to do in highschool that I decided to keep a copy of cause I really liked it:

I am a vast creation that is both wonderful and awful. I am the ocean Brandon and thus I shall remain as long as I live.
Like the seven mysterious seas, I am a thing of depth. There is much which lies hidden down in the waters. There are thoughts I keep to myself, art I've yet to make, tears I refuse to cry, dreams I dream and never reveal. They travel in their own time deep down where the sun rarely sees them. They are treasures kept away from those who would steal them or not understand their worth.
I am quiet sometimes, content to let the things of life go their own way unbothered. I am comforted by the ebb and flow of life, like the sea waves that dance on the shore.
The ocean is a living thing with rhythms. Waves hit the shore and break against the rocks in a predictable cadence. Far from the shore the waves roll and dance. It crates it’s own music. I too create my own music. When I don’t have time to tinker with guitar I am wired to my mp3 or CD player. Music fills my soul and comforts me. It makes me move when I need to and calms me when I need to relax.
Like the changeable blue seas, I can change from calm to torrent in no time. My emotions are powerful and crash within my soul like ocean waves breaking up the shore. They can get severe enough to be storms and heaven help anyone who would stand against me during these times.
I am unpredictable, I am terrifying, and I am powerful. I can overwhelm and drown the unsuspecting human with my fears, laughter, devotion, anger, joy, sadness, desire, and even my need for space.
Like the ocean I stand beside many and yet I am singular. I am like no other, yet I can move between/around all like the flood traveling around rocks, hills, and those beach houses on the shore. I co-exist, yet I do not change my essence for anyone or any reason.
Still I am alone. Surrounded and drowned within the depths of myself I can see no others. I can find myself lonely where no shore is in sight. When I reach the sands of the beach I can never touch it for whatever i touch is no longer beach, but the ever changing shoreline.
Loneliness rolls in and everything turns blue like the waters of the ocean. It is made of water and salt and the tears I cry taste like the see.
Sometimes in some places, the water looks as smooth as glass. But it is moving regardless of how still it looks. Like the ocean, there are times I may appear to be still and am not. I am never still. Little may appear to be happening, but if you look closely you will see that most likely my hands, legs, or feet are moving. If you watched me at night you’d even find I move around in my sleep.
I am the ocean Brandon. Thus I shall remain for eternity.

Back