Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
(Written by Ringmaster.)

What has been known broadly as the Game has been one with only two sides recorded, in the great conflict. Its played on a million-million levels and its champions are ever-shifting in the various worlds, conducted by the Powers-That-Be. Good and Evil. Light and Dark. Balance and Chaos. But in the end, it comes down to just who is savage and brutal enough to smash the biggest rock into their brothers head. And who are we?

Well.

We just sell the rocks.

We are business men of the cosmic game. Its investors, its Shareholders. We place our bets and we rake in our winnings based on the struggles of those who play. But its never been about the souls. Unique those heroes may be.

LStGclf.jpg

Or however much of a thorn in our side.

eHPGuQj.jpg

We watch their struggles.

large.gif

And sometimes, observe their stumbles into our plans.

063.png

But what we reap in return is far more substantial. For though they do not realize it...In forming their group, they open the door to everything else. People only ever look at the positives of a deal like that. They never take the time to consider the negatives. Think of all the nasty people in a single world, all the variations of dark souls out there, and now think of a whole multiverse of that class of person! Isn't it staggering? Completely amazing. It was an opportunity we could not miss and when the Arch Demon fell, we took steps to be the ones to fill in his place.

It was all...Just a matter of time.

Tick.

--------

In a city whose name had long since lost, somewhere in the desert a cloaked figure strides in. Behind him, the cities guardians corpses lie cooling yet, their flesh twisted in vivid contortions, the only thing identical about them now being the look of horror forever fixed. The cloaked figure couldn't care less.

Onwards he strode, the guards prostrating themselves in his presence. The shadows seemed to scurry away, slinking from even the cloak that trailed on the path until he came to the deep places. Where a man bowed low and another hung upon the wall. In a whisper, hoarse and cold, a clawed hand protruded from his sleeve as he pointed at the bowing one.

"You are the chief torturer. You know who I am."

The torturer bowed lower, kow-towing into the stone floor.

"Y-yes my lord."

"I require this man."

He pointed towards the figure on the wall. An emaciated arab, blinded and barely alive. Brands of blasphemous works seared on his flesh and to the side, a tongue newly ripped was set for later. The chief torturer looked up in fear.

"Not that I would question you my lord-But this man is a traitor! He who had confined to written word secrets we had not shared to anyone! The punishment has always been slow death!"

There was no time to even scream, as the clawed hand of the hooded figure clutched onto the Chief Torturers face. Organs reshifted, bones grew brittle and snapped by the weight of the flesh they supported and musingly, the hooded figure stared at the man on the wall.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie."

The body on the wall twitched. Good...Still somewhat coherent. Releasing the face and letting the corpse drop, the cloaked figure ran the claw up beneath the chin, leaning in close. The prisoner trembled at the feel of that presence, recognizing it- How could he not? Among the voices that had plagued his dream and turned his hand to that...That work. He could no more resist it then he could stop breathing and longed for the oblivion of death. He knew what awaited him.

"...And with strange aeons, even Death may die. Your words, I believe?"

The chains rusted and shattered, the broken body of the man the cosmos would know as the 'Mad Arab' suspended in the embrace of his captor as he silently wept.

"Your time is not quite yet, Abdul Alhazred. Your greatest work, is just beginning."

Tick.

--------

Kull was still amazed. "But being a wizard, having knowledge of all the ages and despising gold, glory, and position, what could thou offer Tuzun Thune that would make of him a foul traitor?"

"Gold, power, and position,"

The cloaked monstrosity loomed in the gloom, the smoke of the fire filling the air as the clawed hand clutched the staff of the wizard, examining it briefly with some degree of thoughtfulness.

"The sooner you learn that men are men whether wizard, king, or thrall, the better you will rule, Kull."

Tick.

--------

"Where are you, Malachi?! Hiding in the shadows?!"

2075984-solomonkane.jpg

The witch hunter charged through the graveyard, gun blazing as the creature fell to the ground. By his side, two ancient enemies in the form of a burly, muscular barbarian and a woman with hair red as fire and a similar blade raised their weapons likewise. To the far right, an oddly dressed man with a metal hand reloaded as he spun his weapon back into his holster.

tumblr_ncsloh2Y3P1qc3ju8o2_500.gif

The dark figure laughed and stepped out of the shadows. The world had changed, as had the faces but the Game continued. And in the clothing of the current era, he raised his tool of years gone by. A staff once taken, fashioned into a gentlemans cane now as a claw substituted the head.

"Why should I hide from you? I want you here. Every step you took led you to here. Every pain you suffered was punishment for your sins. My master will have your souls!"

"C'MON SOLOMON, DON'T WAIT! WASTE THE BITCH!"

As one they charged and beneath the flesh, the creature seemed to tremble.

Magnificent.

Tick.

-----------

"No more reincarnation for you, Darth Rex. Or would you prefer Lord Stark? Boromir the warrior? General Arrog? You've lived many long and fruitful lives it would seem. What a shame its ended like this- As it is, though you've no longer the option of reincarnation, we still have a use for you. Now then..."

A clawed canehead gently tilted up the head of the soul, a gentleman in white looking it over with faint interest and a smile like a shark.

"Lets start with your old friends..."

Tick.

-----------

"This little world is one of many, among the millions that exist in the cosmos and among time. An Earth that had succumbed to the desolation of nuclear war. From the Wasteland, emerged a new society forged from the flames of that conflict. And from this conflict, emerged the thorn in our side that would become the Brotherhood of Steel, one of the chapters that ally with the Coalition. Not that we need do much of anything where they are concerned. The Coalition spreads itself thin, its power and standing weakened in the wake of the scandal regarding the Grand Hotel. And as they strive desperately to retain their power, all over the multiverse we have been at work."

He paused...His cane leaning against the table and his hat hanging on the clawed head, as an indication of rest. Before him laid a chessboard, his opponent a man he had a vested interest in. Hmmm....

The Man in White moved a piece and continued.

"When Akibaraha died, it was us who divided the fools pieces among ourselves. Anyone who fails as abjectly as he did, deserves to be nothing but food, as is our way. When Darth Rex fell, a little bribe in the right place pushed him off the wheel of reincarnation and into our hands, where after gaining all we needed, he too was shredded. His essence, feeding the rest of us."

Revan made no reaction, save to move his piece that put the Man in White in a bind. Grinning, the Man in White contemplated his next move.

"The cursed earth of Silent Hill has passed into our hands, slowly being forged into a world more fit for our needs. All of this, mere small steps in a grander scheme we have planned. It has begun, in the Wasteland World. Fear and sacrifice empowering the Ghost Rocks which had seen so much potential and success in other worlds, hope dying ignominiously-It has been a good work, for those of us who deal in such things. After all....Its just good business."

giphy.gif

"Ghost rocks?"

"Ah forgive me. I forget, despite your prolific interests, that there are indeed some things of which you were ignorant of. You'll excuse me for saying it of course."

"Not at all. An interesting move by the way."

"Despite our policy of playing safe investments, I believe a little risk now and then is vital for true and stunning success to be won. Ah, but yes the Ghost Rocks. Irradiated coal, empowered by the souls sacrificed on its ground and fed by fear. A recent resource, newly 'discovered' by our agents acting as the spearhead in that world. Its properties have been proven beyond a doubt to be quite effective- And in a world, so deprived of any power it could and will be just the thing to fling their society into a great future...And all the while, feeding the dormant powers of that world to our benefit. I forsee in a hundred or so years, that world will be ripe for our more direct influence."

"Not exactly in any great hurry, aren't you?" Revan grunted as he eyed the game, sending his bishop to invade his opponents side of the board. The Man in White seemed surprised at the very question.

"Why not? We were here since the beginning. We were there when Lilith was driven from the Garden, when Cain slew his brother. We saw Sodom and Gommorah rise, the pinnacle of our work and lamented when He brought them down. Rome burned and we danced in delight. The Mi-Go went to war against the Yellow Sign, and we supplied both sides of the conflict. We are very old sir...I invite you, to consider that in your dealings with us."

Darth Revan stared intensely, before going back to the game. Force unleashed, he despised dealing with demons.

Tick.

-------

"Now now Cipher, you've nothing to fear. All you've done is incur a massive debt to us, your investors as you failed to deliver! It could happen to anyone."

His grin flashed white as his clothing in the darkness all around as he poured out two drinks and took a seat.

"As it is, there's something you can do for us. Something only you can do."

Bill took a cautious sip only after the Man in White did and blinked in surprise. This was the good stuff- What exactly was he playing at? The Man in White beamed.

"You can help a friend of ours finish his book. The final chapter, as it were."

Tick.

--------

"So Jinx is dead. Hmph."

The Suicide Squad said nothing. Following Azula's lead, all of them had went on bended knee and were waiting for his next move. The Man in White frowned and finally, shook his head. He had been on a ship at the time- Staring out at the stars, in a rare moment of introspection. From the Nameless City on through the ages and the phases of the world, up to this point. He sighed aloud in a sad manner.

"It was bound to happen. Whats more important is that you all came with the package. Sabbat the Necromagus will make a wonderful addition to our forces. You will need a replacement member of course...I think I know just the one as well."

He tapped his cane in idle thought upon the floor before finally waving a hand.

The Suicide Squad all left and as they did, a burst of heat was felt on his left as his replacement member stepped forward to look out at the view. Yomi Isayama frowned and looked at him.

"I can handle the Damphir. And any who take his side-"

"-Like you did last time?"

She shut her mouth. The Man in White smiled grimly.

"I know about it. I always did which is why you're not the best choice, not just yet. Besides, with things as they are now? Let them fight."

He stared at the stars and began to chuckle quietly.

"Our time in the limelight is coming very, very soon."

We are the Shareholders. We are the Masters of the Deal, the Outsider in the great Game. Where others see the pieces, we see the Board for what it is.

And unlike others before us, in the end it shall be us standing triumphant.

[Fin]​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back