Ame Damnee The Throne Room

Pupper

In the heart of the palace is the throne room. To enter the room an individual must walk through two oversized doors with golden trim and accents that are crafted from the finest wood in all of Terrestria. Once inside the room, there is a deep blue carpet in the center of it that runs the length of the room to where it meets a platform. Atop the platform is two thrones made from the same wood the grand doors are crafted from and deep blue cushions. The room is filled with ground to ceiling height windows made of stained glass allowing the light to filter in, in an array of colours.

Last edited:
Worn, dark black leather boots clacked one by one against creamy marble tiles as a woman disappeared from the hallway and into a golden shower filled with intricacies and stained glass windows. Someone like Minerva, bred for nobility, would usually find comfort in the narrow setting, but that was not true. Nostalgia came and went as it pleased. She felt more overwhelmed and exhausted than astounded and breathless. Minerva kneeled down on one knee to feel the long dark blue carpet beneath her fingers and suddenly, she found herself surrounded by her own kind as unpleasant memories flooded in and wrapped around her subconscious mind.

Laughter echoed in the air. Everyone was dressed in their finest clothing made from pure silk and chemise. Three large baroque chandeliers decorated in hundreds of candlesticks and pure gold lit up the room. Minerva felt her body come to a stand still as a familiar girl came into view. She appeared quite young, her eyes were mysterious and gray, nails finely manicured, long raven black hair done up in a complex bun. Minerva stood, stunned at how different she was back then, her uneven shoulders, her downcast eyes, and how much the man across from her seemed to enjoy twisting every last bit of joy from her heart. Minerva felt her heart tighten.

She took his hand without question because that was the right thing to do, because no woman wanted to be shunned or left behind for nothing. Everyone wanted to marry the prince, everyone wanted to be his lover. He was wealthy, he had power. You should've killed him then, Minerva. After you pretended to enjoy the tall cake with lemon and the roasted duck served at your wedding, you should've grabbed your knife and turned to your husband, then stabbed him in the throat. You shouldn't have let him control you and manipulate you so easily. You shouldn't have let him take your happiness away. You know it wasn't fair. Minerva felt her blood pressure begin to peak as she blinked, then suddenly, she was back in the Empyrean palace.

Minerva wondered for a moment if there was anything left in her life, if there was anything worth *living* for. She reached up to touch the necklace Ranger had given her, but quickly found that it was not there. Minerva remembered briefly that she'd decided to not put it on before the battle. Instead of fighting for him, she'd decided to leave him in the dust. Grief and sorrow welled up in the pit of her stomach as her mind swarmed with various flashbacks. She could hear the desperate cries of her child as she left her and Ranger in the dead of night, no moonlight, just clouds and a certain feeling that she was doing something right for herself. I never deserved you. You know this, so why did you stay?

Her past decisions were not right. All she could feel was agony, emptiness, and sheer anger at herself for not doing what was best, for choosing herself over her family. She didn't shed a tear though. There was nothing to cry for. She'd beaten herself up a long time ago to know that when things like this happened, it was better to feel nothing than to feel something. Minerva's mind spinned with regret. I was selfish and I've gained nothing from it. I never got to see them pass away or go to their funeral. This is my punishment. I always think about what could've been. She stood up and clenched her fists. If there was anything she could do for herself, something to help her get over this petrifying feeling, to push herself past regret, it was the sense of power she felt when dominating the palace.

A swift turn of the heel and she headed back out into the hall towards a small commotion of unfamiliar voices. Minerva's hand gripped her sword as she gained on the small lot, talking and devising a plan on what to do next.
Fools, she thought, face devoid of emotion as she walked right into the room and pulled out her sword across a man's neck. Blood gushed from the wound as she cleanly severed his head from his shoulders and the other seven came after her. Her sharp blade sung praise as she kicked down another man in the gut, then slashed through the chest of another. Their blood covered her hands and speckled her face while her own blood mixed in. Minerva knew her body was being ripped to pieces, one by one, but she couldn't feel the deep cuts that marred her left leg and slash straight across her stomach.

Blood dribbled down the side of her mouth as she screamed in their faces and thrusted her sword into a man's heart, then cut off the leg of another. Her sword came down on a man's neck as she felt the sharp point of a sword plunge in between her ribs from the back, then pull back out. Minerva spun around and slashed him deep across the throat, then cut across the face of another. This was her war. She was the only one fighting it, the only one savoring every moment of it. Adrenaline pumped through her veins as she fiercely took down the rest of the men and gained more cuts, some deep, others simply a scratch. Minerva huffed as the last man finally fell and she crumbled against the table, fighting to keep her balance. Blood from her stomach wound dripped onto the edges of the layout map. She glanced down at her wounds; they'd gradually begun to stitch back together, but wouldn't close for a while now. Minerva laughed breathlessly for a moment, her tone ominous and bizarre as she focused her attention back on the map.

I'm almost there. I'm almost there.

Hyde Bekele
The Throne Room

The mouse had escaped the main level of the palace and was now navigating the maze of its walls. He found himself in the throne room, the walls were lined with stained glass windows and two large empty thrones sat at the end of the room. The sound of battle could be heard from somewhere outside of the room, Hyde thought it to be surprising that the Underground members had already ventured so deeply into the palace. He knew that whoever it was was most likely injured by now, himself, on the other hand, could move around virtually undetectable. The sound of laughter resonated in his ears, Minerva. The creature instantaneously changed shapes into the man, Hyde, who now stood in the Throne Room. His body turned to the door as he sprinted out of the room.

Hyde's body came crashing out of the Throne Room in perfect silence, he was running too quickly to take the corner and was forced to jump against the wall in front of him, using it to propel him in the direction of the hallway. His hands hit the ground first, bracing his landing as his feet came next and his body swiftly moved toward the sound of Minerva's laughter.

What are you doing, Hyde? You might be fast, agile, and I don't doubt your skills but you are blindly running toward something that you have no idea what it is. "Shut up!" the man said harshly, not event trying to muffle his voice. Do not get us killed, Hyde. "I said shut up!" his voice rang through the hallway.

The first thing to come into view was the massacre of people now littered across the hallway floor and into a room. Hyde followed the trail of death into the room; there was dismembered limbs and blood everywhere and in the center of it all was Minerva. She was clearly hurt but her attention was not on her wounds but on a map that was sitting on a table in the room. He walked slowly toward her without saying a word and just placed a hand on her shoulder as he looked at the map she was studying. "Do you want me to find something?" he asked, knowing that she was injured and he could easily reach where she wanted to go.

She stared at the maps, lost in thought. Suddenly, a familiar yell from down the hall made her jump a little. Her hands gripped the edge of the table as Hyde slowly began to make his way towards her. She knew he would find her. Minerva felt her muscles tense as Hyde came forward and placed a hand on her shoulder. Her chest tightened as she gently shrugged his hand off. Now was not the time to offer sympathies to her sorry state. "Where are the others?" Minerva questioned, not letting her gaze tear away from the map. She kept her eye on it like a hawk. "Did they make it through?"

Hyde Bekele
In a Room by the Throne Room

Hyde allowed his hand to fall of Minerva's shoulder when she shrugged it away. He sighed as she continued to stare so intently at the map on the table and then asked about the others. "I don't know. I came in through an alternate route and my first priority is to intercept the soldiers before they make it to the main level." he looked at Minerva with a hint of worry on his face. "That explains what I'm doing here but certainly doesn't explain what you're doing here."

The man tilted his head down so that he could catch her eye contact. "Let me help you. You're hurt and you know that this is my area of expertise."

Minerva shook her head at Hyde's words and let out an exasperated sigh. "I don't know what I'm doing either, Hyde," she responded honestly. "I guess I'm just waiting for things to be over." Minerva was vague in her words, but she did not ponder on it or give him a lengthy explanation. There was nothing she needed more right now than to sit down and bleed to death. "At least tell me where the healing room is on this map. My wounds won't close fast enough."

Hyde Bekele
In a Room by the Throne Room

Hyde only watched Minerva as she spoke, a feeling of loss looming over her voice. The man matched her sigh when all she asked was to point out the healing room on the map. He looked down at the piece of paper, studying it. Maps were not something he used very often, the man had his own ways of finding information and looking for things he needed. His methods would not be useful to Minerva right now, not in the physical state she was in. Luckily for him, the man had been in the castle before and he didn't need the map to know where the healing room was.

"The King's been sick for a long time now, they've set up a healing room near the Royal Bed Chambers." Hyde paused, pointing to where it was on the map. "The man healing room is off the Foyer, here." He pointed to that one next. "I'm taking you to whichever one you choose to go to. You're in no condition to be traveling through these walls on your own."

Minerva, In a Room by the Throne Room

She grimaced. He was right. She was in no condition to even be standing right now. She needed to rest, to get some kind of healing magic on her, to get something. "The healing room near the royal bedchambers will suffice, thank you," Minerva spoke quietly, beginning to limp towards the door. She struggled to step over some dead men, but managed to find her way out. Minerva was eager to get out of this area and find somewhere safe. Surely, since it was for the king and queen, they'd have ample defenses, if anything at all.

Devon Ironsides - Entering the Throne Room

As Devon led the charge into the throne room he noticed a plethora of blood and corpses surrounding the area. There was no sign of Minerva or Hyde however, which allowed Devon a sigh of relief, seems they haven't been taken out yet. "Looks like we've caught ourselves a bit of a break. The guards are droppin' like flies, we've taken few casualties, we might wind up bein' able to run this feckin' joint. Wouldn't that be a feckin' story?" He said to Dot and Priscilla, who had accompanied him.

@~Nemo~ @Trust

Dot Maras- Throne Room
Dot nodded but stayed silent as she surveyed the area that was the throne room, she picked up on Hyde's and Minvera's energy though it was faint. "So either Minerva and Hyde were here and moved on or something else but they're nearby and I have to make sure their not injured." She said as she moved towards the energy she felt. "Priscilla, stay with Devon." She said before heading off towards the other two.

Priscilla Shaw
"Alright master Dot." Priscilla sighed "yes yes.. isn't murder hilarious. We've killed hundreds of innocent people all for some stupid building.. and I'm ashamed to be a part of it.." she whispered to herself, shuddering at the sight of all the blood and body pieces strewn around. She tilted her mask up and averted her gaze from the massacre. "Hell.. I don't even know why we're here apart from the fact that I had to go. I've barely used a potion." She speculated, gazing at the two she had left of the three, and her unused sword that had since been returned to the sheathe. "I won't kill anyone unless I have a sword to my neck and one of those guns to my head.." she muttered under her breath, gazing around the room and attempting to glean whatever information she could without looking at the gore.

Devon Ironsides - Throne Room

Devon watched the elf run off before hearing Priscilla mutter to herself from behind him. A part of him was enraged at her ridiculing their accomplishment, but then another part of him felt sympathy for this poor lost girl, thrust into a world that she didn't understand. "Ya need ta be careful who ya let hear those thoughts, pup. If ye were anyone else besides Dottie, I'd have made ya pay for those words. But yer young, ye got a lot ta learn 'bout how the world works. If ya wont kill till ya have a sword to yer neck, yer already dead."

He walked over and put a comforting hand on her shoulder, pointing to the chalk she had used earlier. "We brought ya here fer that. That useful power of yers, me and Dottie are tryin' our best ta keep ya safe because we knew ya wouldn't fight back on yer first assignment, its overwhelmin' fer a beginner. But ya need ta realize, these guards don't care that yer young, or that yer a woman, they see an enemy and will kill ya if ya let them. Ya need ta be ready to do the same, or else yer begging fer death."

Priscilla Shaw
"... And how would you know?! What if they aren't just as cruel and as heartless as you make 'em out to be?" She hissed, tugging the plague doctor mask off and holding it in her free hand. "I mean.. They barely put up a fight! They clearly weren't expecting us, but they wouldn't have been that unprepared! Not everything is set in stone.." she mumbled, sparing a glance at the chalk he had notioned towards. "I coulda done the same thing so much more peacefully with time.. But I guess all you guys want is for me to become heartless and kill people like it's as common as breathing air." She said softly, running a hand through her messy, blood-coloured hair. "Just look at the bodies.. They could have had families.. Any one of them could have been me with a few different decisions."

Jin Crowley
The Throne Room of the Empyrean Wall

The grizzled pirate captain's loud footsteps invaded on their conversation, slamming against the cold stone of the grounds. He stopped about 3 meters away from the closest of the duo, noting the absence of a third voice before lazily glancing around the massive chamber housing the throne of New Eden. Returning his gaze to the rebels, he stood as steady as the walls surrounding them before his flask-blade collapsed back into its glass container. "Ye got some cojones to be raidin' this here palace wit a Grandmaster 'round... I'll be givin' ye tree," his middle, ring, and pinkie finger raised themselves in front of him just to emphasize his point as he spoke, "minutes to be walkin' back 'cross them bridges and down yer little hole 'fore me an' me boys tear ye all apart, blade to bone." His eyes stared dismissively towards the plague doctor and dwarf, as if speaking to a mere animal. Them filthy ground swabs... nuffin' like a true hardn'd sailor.

Devon Ironsides - Throne Room

The dwarf sighed and shook his head at the youngster's words before footsteps echoed in the halls, coming from the direction of the foyer. He'd expected it to have been either Jack or Dante, but it was a large man he'd never seen before. He moved Priscilla behind him as he stepped towards the man. He appeared to have an unnatural, bluish tint to his skin and he dressed in the style of a pirate captain, though his clothes were considerably withered. Devon could almost feel an aura of death surrounding this man.

He scowled at the man's words. It was clear he was looking for a fight, and Devon was in no shape to give him one. His hands had been severely mangled and his time stopping ability had been reduced to one minute. He'd need to conserve his ability to dodging attacks quickly in order to gain maximum effectiveness, though he hoped it wouldn't come to that. "I'm too feckin' sober fer this shite." He muttered to himself before addressing the captain.

"Funny, I don't recall the Wardens ever recruitin' a corpse into their ranks, let alone allowin' him ta become a feckin' grandmaster." He could only guess the man was dead already given his look and the aura, if he was wrong he'd be looking like a damn fool. "So either, yer a bad liar, or ye weren't very good at yer pissin' job. As fer cojones, yer damn right we've got 'em! Tha real question is, what's yer purpose fer bein' 'ere, dead man." He was the picture of confidence, his defiant smirk visible even through his beard, he refused to be intimidated.

Cryker Reywynn - Throne Room

Cryker sauntered into the desecrated throne room a few moments after the captain. Just when he had thought he would need to find new allies, the allies came to him. It was, in his (bloody) eyes, nothing less than Aditi's will. It felt good to have something go his way, for the first time in a long, long while. He was elated, but extraordinarily furious at the same time. Now, he would finally get his chance to hurt the Underground.

"Devon!" Cryker exclaimed joyfully, arms wide and bloody face fixed on him. "If it isn't Minerva's favorite bootlicker on what looks to be babysitter duty! It's good to see you again, you old corpse-beater! I thought it would be a while before we could meet again, but I made some new friends on the way back to town. Apparently, they'd like to clear all the garbage out of here too! What a coincidence!" Cryker gave a wide grin and a chuckle, and dropped a hand to his sword. In the back of his mind, he could hear it singing for blood, and he was more than happy to oblige. He squeezed the pommel of his sheathed sword tightly in rage.

"But, I heard the good Captain offered you three minutes." He smiled bitterly. "So you'll have three minutes, if you care to take them." Somewhere, in the back of his mind, he knew he was thinking too much through rage, that he wasn't acting normal. But at this point? He couldn't care less.

Admiral Blake Martell- on route to the Palace

The Admiral stepped in after a bit of glancing about after all he wasn’t dead yet even if he didn’t give two shits about what was happening to this palace. The downfall of one man was merely the turning of a spoke in the wheel of time as far as he was concerned. How many places had he caused to fall in such a similar manner. His cold gaze moved to the loud mouthed dwarf, “Ah I do believe I’ve met you before or at least some of you ilk,” He glanced around slightly taking in account for all that moved about the room and sighed, “What a bloody mess.”

“I do believe, Captain, that there are people who know little about history of this place merely because the live under a rock,” He kept his hands folded neatly at his back. It was a sign and a display that he wasn’t concerned for his own well being among these people. He had seen far worse people in his days. Plus his mind wasn’t in this game it was off wondering where his child might be.

Jack
The throne room

Jack took far too much. Far too much of the drug that kept him from feeling pain or dying! Fumbling to the throne room on legs that felt like jelly. A small click went off in his head, and for a moment he finally realized something. "Why did I join this damned organization?" It felt like he had a reason, a personal one when he decided. But for the life of him, he could not recall why.

He didn't have time to think. Not that he could. As he saw the Bastard Dwarf being ganged up on by opponents that just oozed with power and authority. Not knowing why, Jack did care anymore... This world had been nothing but hell to him, so why keep it to the grave. "Whats the matter Dwarf? You killed Taran yet these three scares you? And fuck your organization you mindless dog! Priscilla!" He called ignoring everyone else as he grabbed his ivory and put it to his jugular. "Don't ever let that Munchen's charm, fool you. If he even suspects something.... Well. It's been fun." With a sudden movement of his hand Blood stained the walls and ground, Jack's lifeless body collapsed, he would finally be free of this world.

Dante - Throne Room
Dante had left the Treasury after he was sure it was safely secured; he'd come back and clean it out after the palace was taken. Of course, he had taken a few little trinkets for himself which he stashed safely away in his bag. Having accomplished that, Dante headed back to the Throne Room to rejoin the rest of the group.

As the elf stepped through the large doors into the room, he found himself behind three men facing off against Devon and the young apprentice. Dante's gaze travelled to the dead body of the man he'd gone to the armory with, who had apparently taken his own life. He raised an eyebrow. "Am I interrupting something?"

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla swiftly replaced her mask and turned to face the growing number of people entering the room, the initial voice sounding anything but friendly. "Three minutes.. C-can we have a bit more to think about it? I'm not the fastest runner in the world either.. how about an' hour?" Priscilla suggested, clapping her hands together at the idea. Of course she wanted to get out, but what if the underground heard about her ditching the dwarf? From what she could tell, Minerva barely tolerated her, and she didn't want to get on her bad side. A soft strand of her crimson hair slipping out the edge of the mask, like blood from a wound. "A-Also.. Mr, I've only been here like three days, so it's rather rude to assume my origin." She said softly and delicately, attempting to imitate Devon's confidence with little success. "He doesn't charm me.. He's too ol- OH LORD ADITI!" Scilla squeaked as the man she had spoken to briefly before the whole raid ended his own life in a rather grandiose fashion. Her hands subconsciously rose to her face as she ripped off the mask and threw up what little food she had eaten, dropping to her knees in the process. "... H..e.. W-why?" She asked, coughing rather severely in disgust at the event. She barely noticed the next person entering as she scrambled onto her feet again, her dark blue eyes and gaunt face staring at them all with a mixture of fear, sickness and panic. "I-I want to go home.." she mumbled after a short moment of getting her breath back.

Last edited:
Back